Modern games

Why are modern games so fucking easy?

Why the puzzles got so simple that even a retard can solve it?

Pic related.

Jews

fags can't handle challenges anymore

I came across a post where some millennial fag was crying that the end boss of a game was too hard and it LITERALLY RUINED the whole game for him.

Sup Forums - Video Games.

It sucks how gaming has become a normie thing. It used to be a thing only nerds and outcasts enjoyed. This is why everything is streamlined as well, so normies don't have to think.

The vast majority of modern AAA games try to attract the largest audience possible, which means they need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

In short

FPBP

Where do non-normies go now?

suicide

More specialized hobbies with a high skill-barrier to entry or just

Modern gamers are pussies , and games must sale , deadly combination

>expect RE2-like game
>get kindergarten puzzles

Anime, japanese mobage like granblue or imas, grand strategy and 4X. Everything else is either dead or cucked.

They play other video game.
Try the YS serie. It is hard and great.

I enjoyed re7 but thought the same thing. The puzzles were incredibly easy.

When something is marketed to the mainstream (and video games are by now), it is always dumbed down.

Yeah. I used to spend a lot of time in puzzles or getting btfo by bosses, now we don't even need to open the fucking map to search for something and defeating bosses is easy as fuck.

Only the graphs got better.

>mfw anime is the next thing on the list for normies to ruin.

HOW AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO LIKE SOMETHING IF EVERYONE ELSE LIKES IT

Normies have already ruined anime, is Aus like 10 years behind the rest of the world or something?

Japan ruined hentai themselve.
Look at the vanilla shit they are making.

About 5, plus i don't browse places that aren't Sup Forums so i'm sheltered.

> a huge part of the game's budget has gone to youtuber as promotional contract

They had to make portal 2 easier because stupid play testers were dumb and would get stuck

Still a good game even if it only take like 4 hrs to finish

dopamine

easy-->easier to feel good & ur brain releases dopamine

dopamine tolerance

cant do shit in life cause nothing compares to ur mindless vidya

Touhou is still a thing. Not sure if the latest ones are great though.

so pretty much its the jews

game publishers realizing the cash cow the retarded masses are so they streamline the games to make them accessible

more players=more$$$

Yeah no, normalfags always follow herd mentality, 10 years ago it was naruto/op now it's some hero crap/op, if anything growing number of fujoshi is concerning and not for anime but demographic reasons.
>hentai
I have no idea what's your problem mate, hentai was always 80% rape/ntr, 10% vanilla waiting to turn ntr/rape and 10% scat and alike.

Consoles ruined gaming. Computers are too hard for retards so they made retard boxes with retard games so we could solve mysteries online with niggers

They've ceased to be projects of love by people who want to make something that they themselves would enjoy.

It's become akin to the movie industry that tries its damnest to provide easy to consume content for the masses with just enough flavor. The Marvel movies are a prime example of this.

Particularly horror games are bad for this because they're treated by the big studios as interactive horror movies.

stop playing on easy

I remember calling Capcom to get answers on that fucking water sample puzzle in RE3.

I think demos and youtube has added to how easy games would be/are.

think about it.

who would easily find that door opener under the fireplace.

The puzzles are the same anyway.

Anyone.

After looking around(it's not that big) you'll eventually look into that...

I've never seen a door handle under a fireplace before, so not me. maybe after a while I'd find it, but not "oh i know exactly where that shit is"

> who would easily find that door opener under the fireplace.

you don't need the demo, you play the flashback exposition vhs in the final game

Capitalism. They are aiming for the widest possible market, which means they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

I didnt know shakespear that well myself; obviously u didnt use a walkthrough

oh yeah that shit i forgot. they shouldnt of added that.

The problem is that there no longer good rape and tentacle stuff. Asagi was 10 years ago.

anyone remember this shit?

because of retards and cry babies that can't handle losing at anything, they just prefer to storm through games as if they have god mode turned on all the time, look at assassins creed, there is litereally no challenge in it or difficulty settings but it gets re released over and over because it supposedly looks cool and keeps retards amused with its joke of 'stealth gameplay, atleast metal gear never takes itself that seriously, and the souls series can provide a decent challenge...
there are some games where its possible to die still but its not enough, and having to complete it on normal to unlock a reasonable difficulty is a fucking joke...
the hardest puzzle i've ever seen in a video game has gotta be in silent hill 2, that number written in blood in the hospital showers which you need to open some box, that can be impossible to fucking read, and the puzzle isnt that complicated..

I think you had to play moonlight sonata but no idea of how you were supposed to know it

normies dont play final fantasy

Lol no. Normies cling onto one or two shows every 10 years and then get pissed about fanservice and moe and fuck off.
In the 90s it was Akira and Ghost in the Shell.
In the 2000s it was DBZ and Cowboy Bebop.
Now they cling onto Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online. They'll realize otaku run the industry, circlejerk in forums about otaku "killing the industry" for a couple years, then they'll "grow out" of anime. It happens constantly, and nips couldn't care less.

silent hill actually had seperate difficulty settings for the combat and the puzzles, which is really good, because honestly the combat the setting is shit but i love hard puzzles, and the enviroments.

no moonlight sonata was re 1. this one was a bitch puzzle

the combat is shit***
didn't proof read that..

Final Fantasy has been normie territory for years. FF13 and Kingdom Hearts drew them in.

>Thinking the puzzles in Resi 2 were hard.
Wew lad.

Because people are getting dumber.

This.
I've been playing The Division and it has finally gotten on my nerves how much people bitch about the Dark Zone.
>Dude, I hate PvP, but I keep going into the PvP area without good equipment and getting killed by people being cheap assholes. MAKE IT SO I DONT LOSE XP AND MONEY WHEN THEY KILL ME AND MAKE IT SO I CANT BE KILLED BY OTHER PLAYERS BUT CAN STILL FARM THE REALLY GOOD EQUIPMENT LOCATED IN THERE! REEEEEEEEEEE

It takes away the risk/reward fun, and ruins the suspense of going in there, but Reddit and other places bitched enough and got their voice out, so no more loss in DZ.

Back then, games didn't have good graphics, so the only way out for a game become something really exciting and joyful was invest in other factors that could enhance the game besides graphics, like the soundtrack, plot, playability, etc...

Right, now that I googled the RE one you don't even play it

They weren't hard, they just kept your mind busy so that you wouldn't get bored playing the game

That just quality issue, and with never ending recession don't expect it to change, also that madoka ripoff was ok.
This remind me watching some Skyrim let's play from Dragonborn when it came out where guy couldn't solve some very basic pillar puzzle, 20min of him running around 3 pillars until someone told him what to do in comments.

DOOM was good

if you think games are ez mode now, wait until vr blooms a bit more. while vr is pretty neat, everything about it is slower than a regular keyboard/mouse and even a controller. any games like shooters for vr are extremely dumbed down when it comes to ai, to accommodate the slowness of vr movement in general. the average difficulty of games is about to drop again, just for vr.

That and popularity. Even a little over a decade ago, it was still all viewed as kid shit and developers catered to the fan base, which was already drawn in for the game itself.

Now, there is so much money behind it and other media companies jumped into vidya, that now they cater to whatever will make them the most money. That's it.

I remember when Chivalry Medieval knights had a huge skill curve due to mouse swinging and parry canceling. Ultimately they ended up removing those features because little bitches whined about the 2-4 people dominating every match. It was sweet while it lasted and the game has never been the same since.

what is dark souls 3

Least RE7 is fucking better than RE6.

Well overwatch is only easy if you re good.
Destiny is also too easy
Doom on hardest setting is rough
For honor will be breddy gud imo

Video games peaked with Doom.

A real challenge is playing a map with 1200 enemies and you only have a pistol and a chainsaw.

>game is outsourced to a western team with a western writter
>surprised it's shit

Play only superior nippon games

>dark souls 3 hard
Kek

puzzles were always piss-easy in all resident evil games.
only a few notable exceptions stand out but even then you could try every combination with no punishment for the hardest and solving it without thinking.

Ideological subversion and applied memetics.

So we manipulate normies into being even bigger normies so they stay away from our precious things?

Japan resisted the SJW bullshit more

WatchDog 2 is the prime example of the opposite of that.

Nothing.

Think about

1. Civilization
2. Counter Strike

TB added feint to parry back but I hear that removing it in the first place drove away many of the comp players. The scene now is pretty crazy in terms of skill cap, I could shill one of my vids if you wanted to see some crazy plays

This

1 was the hardest of the series

That may have been the plan at first, but our new hobby is much more satisfying.
Why play vidya when you can follow the happenings and remake a narrative on social media?

So did Capcom manage to make Resident Evil great again?

Games become more and more aimed at streamers and youtube may-mays.

Since they all are stupid as fuck, I' ll let you put 1+1 together.

She's so adorable and cute.

She'd be a great gf if she wasn't a coalburner slut.

You could have fixed your mistake of buying RE7

It's more about the blend of gameplay and environment, having to make space in your inventory for key objects and remembering the right way to your objective otherwise you end up encountering more enemies than necessary. Here you don't make any sacrifices and are 1 minute away from every door, not to mention there is never multiple things to think about