What is pol's stance on environmental issues?

What is pol's stance on environmental issues?

Global warming is real and we should do as much as we can to slow it down and stop it.

Why the fuck does the environment need a "stance"? It's the environment. It'll be fine without the opinions of humans.

global warming is literally a lie. it gets cold and then gets hot as it usually does. i don't see animals taking any precautions with how they live their day to day lives to "protect" the environment, so why should i?

You're a fucking idiot.

God damn this stupidity hurts. Must not have a lot of science education, huh?

Probaly the topic with the least agreement in Sup Forums
Some people belive man made global warming to be real, others don't
some think the government should penalise bussines who harm the environment, others don't
Every thread about it is a shitfest, and they are getting quite common these days

Global warming is real but its impact needs to be questioned. In fact it actually has some benefits for western civilizations.

Longer growing seasons will boost northern economies which are subject to long winters. The Siberian watershed will become unlocked becoming the largest untapped farmland in the world. Explains why Russia gives zero fucks about global warming.

The middle east might suffer more droughts. Also a benefit if you're cynical enough.

What is more concerning is pollution, not CO2 emissions. Stuff like chemical spills, smog. But we already have technology and controls that can deal with those so I'm not too worried.

Good goy, give us your tax money now so that we can reduce carbon

global climate change is real but the leftist globalists ideas on how to fix it are self serving and moronic

>carbon taxes
>solar-powered roof tiles
>impossible auto emissions standards
>mining lithium en masse

Have you ever heard a single leftist talk about how the 5 biggest super oil tankers put out more carbon than all the cars in america annually?

Agree. It is also possible to remove carbon from the atmosphere using scrubbers, or lower global temps using sulphur in the atmosphere. Population will not be ready to act until enough people die/ displaced. Until then let's make some fucking money.

Rip rip wood chip, if it bleeds we can kill it, drill baby drill.

US won't be that affected by it so who cares. Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, India, and Thailand will be most affected

No hurt doggos

This.
I get so pissed at those self entitled shits who think their saints because they have an electric car. Completely ignoring the actual problem/solutions and instead giving money to the jew.

People > Environment

I litter at every opportunity I get. fuck the gay earth.

Take this literal dirt ball for everything it's worth, leave the planet for another world and nuke this piece of shit from orbit so no life ever inhabits it again.

if we fuck up the planet, it will eventually bounce back and give birth to something else

Much of the science behind it is purely speculative, at best. We only have 200yrs' worth of studying surface temperatures and so little information as to how often weather patterns can/will shift. Yes, we are having an impact; but so are other creatures on the planet via producing methane. The question is how much influence we're having and what the long-term ramifications are. For now, climate science is purely speculative in the sense that it's still in its most infant stage.

Personally, it would be nice if countries that produce higher emissions didn't put pressure on nations that don't produce even a comparable amount.

KEK, why did you bless this faggot?

It's a non issue because we should be investing in nuclear anyway.
>inb4 butthurt coal/oil tards

Basically this. The word nuclear is oversensationalized as fuck but it's very safe.
That's because the basic interactions animals make in their ecosystems promote a healthy cycle. Honey bees just doing what they do best is a significant backbone for many flora species and in turn fauna.

Yeah fuck humanity

>What is your opinion on environmental issues?
>Conversation immediately revolves around global warming

There's a fuckton of other issues that are happening right now thay aren't dependent on computer models predicting thr weather in 2080.

Deforestation, invasive species, pest control, desertification, drought, hunting, urbanisation and fragmentation are some of the examples the world's environment currently faces.

Conservation, NOT environmentalism is the way to go. Furthermore, I highly recommend getting involved with local volunteering projects with your local environment, alongside highlighting what issues matter RIGHT NOW besides (((climate change)))

Secondary issue.
Important shit going on now.
Pay attention, shithead.

Global warming is real but way less important than people think, none of the catastrophes predicted have come to pass. That said, I think environmentalism dedicated to preserving the beauty of natural places like forests is inherently virtuous. I don't care enough about those things to bother, but they're good.

Pretty in the middle of it.

Like you should probably do the small things in your everyday life to waste as little as possible, but I also dont think we should re-design our entire society and infrastructure and put poor people's lives and quality of life at risk by overly caring for the environment.

Caring about the environment is an absolute luxury of the upper class.

Environmental issues are going to play a key role in the coming centuries. On a small scale, the social justice aspects of pollution need to be addressed by us as a civilization. On a larger scale first world countries need to do everything in their power to boost environmentally friendly strategies in developing countries.

That's not saying that we need to suddenly lynch every oilman and quarantine the plastic factories. We just need to accept that there are responsible methods of existing on this planet and our current path is not one of them. We should recycle when we can, and not be a shithead like who just wants to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

To live in the United States, you have to pay taxes for all the services the government provides for you. The same should apply to the earth. The earth is a fantastic system capable of providing humanity with millions of unappreciated services. Everything from the air you breathe to the water you drink to the microorganisms protecting your immune system has been provided by the earth. People who hurt that system should be punished, and we should accept that as a species we will need to put some effort into maintaining the planet that maintains us.

And climate change is real. It is caused by human contributions to atmospheric composition. The fact that anyone still denies this is downright shameful.

Not an issue except for:
>China-tier pollution
>endangered species
>endangered floral/fauna
>local water supply pollution

Trump's position of clean air and clean water seems like the right immediate targets to me.

I wish, but
>revoking administrative power of EPA
>appointing pruitt

Yeah. Here in Oklahoma Pruitt did everything in his power to shield frackers from totally justified lawsuits. His EPA appointment is an insult to all Americans.

The EPA has in recent history been one of the biggest corporate shills of non-environmentalism.

The environmental crimes they cover up for go beyond the pale.

Being as delusional as humanly possible.

>asking a bunch of uneducated fucks who are likely either college dropouts working at shitty minimum wage jobs or just NEETs their opinions on a scientific matter

What did OP mean by this?

im here because i like the doggie picture

Bringing refugees over with planes causes GLOBAL WARMING!!

Climate change is a Jew hoax and spaceweather is real our magnetosphere is experiencing it and the change we see is a natural process despite that man has a miniscule effect on this process.

Also, geoengineering.

This is correct.

It is a cultural issue. Government is downstream from culture.
It can't be solved through government, it has to be done through the demand of the free market.
Aerosols and the ozone, the fur industry, hell 6 pack can rings; these are all examples of environmentalist victories achieved through appealing to culture, not enforcement of regulations.

What fuckups have they done? I genuinely don't know and I'm curious.

Chemical composition of the fracking fluids, to keep it to issues raised in this thread. Those are corporate secrets dontchaknow.

This post is so fucking ironic coming from an Ausfag. Hey, how's that Great Barrier Reef of yours doing? Oh yeah, it's dying due to all of the industrial pollution in your waters, and the acidification of the ocean also due to pollution. Denial at it's finest. Kill yourself.

>Science is a cultural issue
Oh boy here we go

Shitposting aside,

It will probably prove to be our biggest engineering problem regardless of how we approach it.

Overpopulation is still much more important. We're economically overpopulated as it is.

I like nature. Don't be a dick to it. Littering is degenerate, whether that's a candy wrapper or industrial waste.

NO...
The observance of the science and implementing controls that would APPEAL to the overwhelming majority is the cultural issue.
I am telling you WHERE to solve the problem. The REAL problem is in presentation of the data. I am not even talking about any specific environmental issue here, but how to work towards the goal of fixing ANY of them..

just don't be a dick about it either way
and muh property rights
that's my stance

actually their new idea, and its being pushed like crazy, is "go vegan."

notice how not only it gives veganism an even higher moral high ground to make it even more appealing to lefties, but it also solidifies leftism among people because it actively harms their relationships with conservatives.