The immigration order has been stayed

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/28/what-you-need-know-trumps-refugee-ban/97183112/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this just for NY or for the whole country?

Nationwide

what does it mean its been 'stayed'

Upheld until further notice

Those who are already in the US nut in detention on valid visas must be released until the case is decided. The case is scheduled for the end of February.

>HAIDER SAMEER

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

>Brooklyn
Oy vey

For those who don't speak legalese:

'Similarly situated' refers to the circumstances of the plaintiffs - that is, stuck in legal limbo in transit or at an airport.

Basically anyone not already in is still subject to the ban.

Drumpf *clap* blown *clap* the *clap* eff *clap* out

So the Muslim ban is still basically in effect? It just doesn't apply to the people stuck in airports right now?

fucking kek and fucking checked

This, it's literally fucking nothing and effects like 12 people.

It's not a Muslim ban.

Makes sense. If you already gave out the visas deal with it

Still in effect. Just allows some people (very few, really) to slip in at the last moment.

The judge might try to expand it to cover anyone with a visa in any circumstance - though, I think she would have done so already if that were her intention. But visas can simply be revoked.

I actually found it odd that the ban was being applied to those with current travel visas in the first place. Presumably those people had been vetted to some degree.

If it were a moose limb ban, something tells me more than 7 countries would be listed considering there are more than 50 majority moose limb countries.

Nice! I was worried for a second there

Thanks for the explanation, user.

Fine. "Ban on refugees from terrorism exporting countries" or "ban on refugees from hot warzones" or whatever other shorthand names you guys want to come up with.

>American education

Can't the Solicitor general appeal this cunts dopey ruling to a higher court to have it struck down be Cause IN FACT potus DOES HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER TO DO WHAT HE HAS DONE AND SOME FUCKING STATE DEPARTMENT AGENCY IS NOT MORE POWERFUL?

Non-citizens not in the country can't have their due process and equal protection denied. So they can suck it.

If they hold up US Code 1182 and do not bring up their religion whatsoever, I think the Executive order could survive the Supreme Court.

3 of the 7 countries (Iran, Sudan, and Syria) are listed as State Sponsors of Terror by the State Department

the remaining 4 (Iraq, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen) are designated “terrorist safe havens” by the State Department.

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/28/what-you-need-know-trumps-refugee-ban/97183112/

If the Supreme Court goes to a 4-4 tie, the federal Judge's court ruling will stand though.

interesting times ahead of us.

Trump announces his SC appointment on Thursday next week. This case is scheduled in late Feb. SCOTUS is an appellate court that would only weigh in after this court made its ruling, correct?

So why do you say 4-4 split of SCOTUS when it's possible Trump could appoint and (republican majority) Senate could easily nominate a new justice in that time frame?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something though

I wouldn't be so sure. It's at least arguable the order applies to all those aliens with valid visas or refugee status