‘Doomsday Clock’ ticks closest to midnight since 1953

What are the odds of Nuclear War happening in this current age?
star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/article129138094.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=lwti4feAA6k
star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/article129138094.html
reut.rs/2jjyk75
youtu.be/nZMwKPmsbWE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nuclear holocaust next Friday probably.

They added climate change to the doomsday clock, now its going to be maxed out for the next 4-8 years.

Hilarious given it was Hillary who was obviously pushing towards nuclear was with Russia.

Well yeah, but honestly tensions between America and Russia were gonna raise regardless of who got elected.

Yep, the clock was secretly on midnight already but it got pushed back when Trump was elected.

Actualky read the fucking article. This shit is entirely subjective.
I'm not going to argue with you if you say a blowout is on the horizon, shut's getting dicey in the world, but this so called doomsday clock is a crock.

>stale meme that expired decades ago, back when the only memes you could get were the small handful of contrived ones forced upon you by the (((media)))
>still relevant in 2017, an age where even the most out-of-touch normie subsists on a steady diet of organic, free-range, gluten-free memes with no added growth hormones and chock full of omega 3's, 6's, and 9's
you're cancer for giving this any attention. if I knew where to find you, I'd hang you by your ankles, slit your throat, and bathe in your blood. save better men the tiresome chore of having to hunt you down and murder you; kill yourself immediately

Not likely unless ISIS or radical leftists get nukes.

thats the part i dont understand. if Trump is in cahoots with Putin, as the liberals/media claim, then the chances of nuclear war should lesson! not increase.

Nuclear weapons don't exist. Only faggots believe the Jew media!

The Doomsday Clock represents risk. Trump is the risky candidate in that he represents an unknown and a departure from the norm. I'm not surprised at all.

>Arbitrary thing says it is arbitrarily closer to an imagined catastrophe

Or unless Trump sparks a trade war with China or does anything to piss off Putin.
That was obviously a red herring from Shillary supporters and the bitch herself. Our relationship with Russia has been on edge regardless of who got elected.

0%

The elites cannot be sure they will be safe, so they will never force the other side to act by disobeying the NAP.

Ask yourself how nuclear weapons could be tested above ground (and even in the exosphere) for decades without the dreaded nuclear winter befalling our planet. The "Nuclear Armageddon" meme was essentially a reassurance for the public that these arms wouldn't be brought to bear.

They will be used again in our lifetime.

>nuclear war
That's soooo 1950s.
The truth is, when American generals where asked about what they thought of it, they all preferred the traditional carpet bombing. You can take out what you need and are precise enough to keep infrastructure you need for the occupation. Also you CAN occupy the area bombed, it's not like you can't go in and check on what radioactively contaminated gooks are coming up with in the ruins.

The only reason why nukes are still needed is because niggers like Pakistan have them, and they might use them once and then "declare victory". We still need nukes to deter those.

>Trump's tweet just turned The Doomsday clock 2.5 minutes closer to midnight!!

What the fuck is a doomsday clock?

Are you fucking serious?

Everyone forgets about these bad boys.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_bomb

Make no mistake, nukes are INTENDED to cause environmental destruction. The loss-of-life is simply a side benefit.

They were never used in Japan, because they were never real. look into it.

By the time you get permission to use nukes as a general, you have bombed Dresden four times and sent in the marines and secured it and established a military government.

even i know
go get educated (gooleg it)

Nuclear missiles don't cause as big of an explosion as you think they do. It's the act of hundreds of them exploding on land that'd cause longlasting damage.

Kek says we are one meme short of nuclear holocaust.

>777

>Russia and US more friendly
>this is implying nuclear war is closer

O boy

Fake news

Though I wish all cities worldwide were nukes several dozen times each. They create stupidity.

it's just bullshit about global warming

>77
no, u

That's...exactly what I was saying user. Are you a bot?

the doomsday clock doesn't measure anything and certainly doesn't tick, unless they built in loudspeakers and play an artificial tick track.
it's just a fucking pseudo-clock that some cucks move to whatever time they like. and oh surprise they're all Hillary supporters

the only thing i see happening is war with china thats it, if trump keeps poking china in its side it might do something, but our forces are on stand by not that much in the middle east anymore, so me can handle an invasion but however if russia decides to take team with nukes, they nuke us then chinese invasion then maybe we lose but we still win if its a strategic invasion unless its a submarine under water because our radar systems are shit. We still use that old shit from the 50s and 60s

something holy is afoot
7get

If a nuclear bomb is dropped again it will have the exact same effect it had last time. It will end a conflict not escalate it.

Iran I'm looking at you.

Trump hasn't increased the likelihood of nuclear war. It's just that climate change is considered a threat to all of humanity, and is therefore included in the doomsday clock.

I'm sorry but this is an incredibly retarded psyop.
Nukes aren't real? Look into it?
Give me one (1) piece of evidence supporting your stupid baseless argument. I need to see where this bullshit comes from.

You fucking idiot, do you think that anyone has has taken even an undergrad course in nuclear physics or thermodynamics is in on the lie?
If you do it at a high enough altitude, it doesn't affect the ground level, since heat goes upwards, you ignorant fucking twat. You are either borderline retarded, or shitposting.

I thought you were saying that because they've been tested above-ground, nuclear winter is just a myth spread to deter the use of nuclear weapons?

>the year of our Lord 2000+17
>believing in le doomsday clock meme
shiggy diggy

I don't see your point. Please elaborate. I swear I don't have a doctorate or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

>Implying after how patient Putin was in the final weeks of obongo administration that he's a rash, short-tempered or trigger-happy ruler.
Nigga, Putin probably took shit at home for just waiting on trump due to "looking weak" and you don't think he'd cut trump some slack? OK concern troll

And moved up ½ second when Trump took office... wow.

>777

That was part of it. True "nuclear winter" scenarios would require hundreds (thousands?) of kiloton-megaton warheads going off at ground level within a very short amount of time. M.A.D. in a nutshell.

The truth is that M.A.D. is a meme, and it would take humanity's entire nuclear stockpile detonated simultaneously to fuck up the atmosphere to the degree often portrayed in media. That's not likely to happen, but tactical nuclear deployment (>kiloton) is very likely to happen once the "seal' is broken by some cocksure nuclear state.

Like I said, their intention is environmental destruction, not necessarily casualties. Scorched earth in the literal sense.

Don't come crying to me when the bombs are coming and you don't have a bomb shelter faggot.

>nap

molymeme would be proud

its meaningless religious propaganda a la televangelists going on about the end of the world, pay it no heed

actually it does effect our oxygen it releases toxin gases and other elements, and one other bad thing is our oceans are filled with radiation and other shit, our governments are retarded.

nuclear fallout has affected genetics on a global scale though,

You want nuclear winter? use missile to put thousands of tons of chaff in the jet stream
You want mutants all over the world and the collapse of civilization forevermore?
Have a nuclear holocaust
oy vey

Have mercy o great chaos god

post your nuclear apocalypse soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=lwti4feAA6k

>NAP
>meme

pick one lad

You're kidding right? Nukes have only become more deadly over the past half century. It's a miracle that one hasn't been used since the end of World War II.

Pretty low considering it hasn't happened in over 70 years. Maybe there's larger things to worry about.

hope it happens, make our lives more interesting

Didn't the defcon threat level go down to it's lowest after Trump won?

well shit

>star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/article129138094.html

>scientists now literally using "fake news" as a valid argument
weren't the libtards against fearmongering 2 months ago?

>They added climate change to the doomsday clock

>Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
>climate change

are they retarded?

If you really wanna get destructive try Thorium fueled torsion field bombs, that's a sure to fuck up somebody's day.

>""""miracle""""
Maybe someone didn't want us fucking up their little terraforming project.

>le fake news meme
Here. Same story from Reuters you faggots.
reut.rs/2jjyk75

sure way*

Honestly, I'm more terrified of a full scale total war than of a nuclear shitflinging, I think the destruction caused by a few tactical nuclear strikes would be pale in comparison to a fucking war of annihilation.

Maybe theyre hoping for nuclear winter
its a weather effect? :D

How do they decide to move this clock?

Does the guy in charge wake up feeling like shit on mondays and tick the clock forward a little?

basically, yes.

close to zero percent since it would basically end the world in a chain reaction

EMBRACE

>no fly zone in syria
>better relations with Russia

>terraforming project
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
Total war would imply all sides would try to destroy each other by any means necessary, which would include a full launch of each country's entire nuclear payload.
Basically you're talking the difference between one coordinated nuclear strike and Judgement Day.
youtu.be/nZMwKPmsbWE

IMAGINE

They considered words being used brashly, aka calling people mean names, to be as dangerous as nuclear saber rattling apparently.

Conventional total war* , my bad.

Nothing at all, son. Don't worry about it.

Suffice to say decades of development have decreased effective yield while increasing lethal output and precision. Tactical nukes a la Call of Duty are very much a reality.

There is no such thing as conventional total war. When all sides get in an all out war, somebody is gonna launch the first nuke and start the chain reaction that destroys the entire planet. If total war happens, nuclear war will be a Domino effect waiting to happen.