Serious question Sup Forums you RAGING KEKS:

Serious question Sup Forums you RAGING KEKS:

Why is it a bad thing for kids to "always have an answer for everything"?

This is something older generations have been saying to me for years and i still dont understand why its wrong. Doesnt having an answer mean being intelligent, doesnt it imply I've the mental agility to comprehend whats occuring and form my own opinion, doesnt it mean that i have the capacity to think critically about information presented to me an analyse it at great speed...

But no..."always having an answer for everything" makes me a "smart mouth", "a boffin", it irritates people. When i was a child theyd come back with idiotic things like "just do as you're told", "because im a grown up" or "you're too young to understand" but as i grew it digressed into this passive aggressive comment "you always have an answer for everything" and i still dont understand why that a bad thing. The only reason i can think of is because it damages the ego of that generation to see someone younger able to rationalise things in a way they cant argue with.

99.99% of the time children are full of shit due to lack of experience

But lots of kids are right all the time and they are freer thinkers, not weighed down by boring adult life.

You never know, they might run the world better than an adult given the chance!

I also generally don't think this is true, lots of times when I was a kid I thought about a better way of doing things than the adults around me. Like seeing a problem and saying 'how do we fix this?' adults just don't think like that nowadays

OP confirmed for arrogant moron

Underage b8. Gtfo faggot

I am now 25. I just spent my childhood years thinking critically of the world around me

Its like when you are in a video game forum and see people asking the same fucking question over and over.

At first you explain it, but you can only do it so many times before eventually you just start ignoring those threads.

You cant just ignore someone in reality, so you have to brush them off instead.

But what if the kids are more sensible and freer and more critical thinkers than the kids? Maybe the world they see isn't barred with boundaries like race and money. Ever think of that? I wholeheartedly believe they deserve a seat at the table if they have a voice that wants to be heard. Being called a boffin left me weeping into my pillow on some nights.

because you're supposed to listen and learn from others, and be open to being wrong. you're either 12 or retarded if you couldn't parse that that was the meaning behind the phrase.

There are plenty of retards that think they know everything and have shitty arguments to back it up. Provide some examples of your alleged brilliance.

I'm 25. I don't understand you. If we have, like, actual supergeniuses in our midst who are completely free thinking why don't we listen to them again?

Kids point out hypocrisy and lack of knowledge. This triggers adults.

I devised a complete house-chore rota at age 8 and nobody stuck to it. I saw problems in how the house was run and corrected them with planning and a sprinkle of ingenuity. I feel like we need to apply something just like that to the world at large

Fuck off back to rebbit

Exactly. A child can be JUST as clever as an adult and usually is even clevererer

Did anyone else feel that there was a problem to start with?

lmao, out kiddo, Sup Forums is the other way

Look. Your hostile tone isn't appreciated. I am free to express my thoughts. Maybe you should listen and see where I'm coming from

Ya never know, ya might learn sumthin

Because if you are mildly smart you'd know that being a smart mouth is shit. Having to prove your knowledge to people and bashing them when they don't agree is what narrow minded people do.
You are supposed to listen to your elders, know that you might be wrong, make mistakes, and even if you are not wrong, understand that answers are not universal, some solutions might work for you but not to others.

Being a smart mouth and bashing people who doesn't agree with you is the most characteristic personality traits of all these millennial kids and it's what's driving the world to the shitter.

While you may in fact have an answer, your inexperience leads you to believe it's the correct one. This is almost as a rule, incorrect.

You could just feel that people weren't happy. Nobody was communicating and so nobody was doing jobs as well as they could have. My rota made time for reflection and sharing opinions and would have brought us all together

I see where this thread is going. Fuck off pedo.

You're wrong. Kids are smarter than you'll ever know. Just because you have the privilege of being an adult doesn't mean you can stamp all over the free expression of our best and brightest

Ew! No?!!?! that's the most disgusting suggestion I have ever heard

It sounds to me like you are treating people like robots and literally assigning them 'reflection time'. No wonder they dont like you. You are probably highly autistic.

Most people are idiots and by extension of that an on the ball kid is likely to be more capable than many adults. However OP is just an autist.

I have been studied for high-functioning autism but the jury's still out on that one. Besides, what's wrong with being technically smarter than most people if I am?

I put so much effort into that rota and I KNOW it would have worked. It was a work of brilliance

I'm saying we should look for the kids that seem on the ball and pick them out and invite them to the table to negotiate. I'm tired of all of this hate towards the smart kids that obviously know how to correct the world

Bump because this is a really interesting dicussion to me

t.autist teen

I.

AM.

How many times!?!!!? Gaaaah

>technically smarter
at some things

worse at actually interacting with people, and given that humanity as a whole uses lots of people working together to accomplish things as one of its main engines of progress not being able to navigate the complexities of social interactions is a pretty big deal.

Things are this way for a reason. When you have hundreds or thousands of people working towards some group goal its not practical to take the time to ensure everyone has all the information that justifies the current course of action. Its much better that people just socially go along with the group for this sort of coordinated effort. The kinds of interactions that have developed are ways to replacing the need to know whats going on with a mutual support structure that ensures somewhere the people who are at the helm are connected to those around them and then those around them and so on such that everyone is part of the large entity and these connections serve to detect any problems in that chain. If no problems are found and everyone 'works together well' then its verification that the people who do have the plans are ok, and the group acts on them.

A potential explination for these events is that something was wrong in the household causing strain on the group - you. Your autistic perspective failed to pick up on any social intricacies but you noticed something was wrong all the same and misidentified it as people not doing their chores efficiently enough, as thats the sort of thing that would have upset you - inefficiency.
Your effort to fix this just added more strain to the situation.

you just seem like a teen with your amazing ignorance and belief that you know how to fix everything

Everybody knows that the words "why do you have an answer for everything?" really mean "stop being a smart mouthed rude little shit"

The thing you are missing is that the information about the world those kids are working on are, by and large, supplied to them by adults. The text books in school, written by adults, what they see on tv? Produced by them. The state of the world they are fed is coming from the same people who apparently are doing things 'wrong'.

This is why most young people are liberals. They are fed a false image of reality and then allowed to 'feel' that they have the solution by re-arranging the pieces they were given. They have not taken the final step back into adulthood yet, they have not seen the bigger picture or truly started thinking for themselves. Younger people tend to either be conformist or contrarian, both are based on the reality they are handed.

>nobody does the vacuum cleaning
>when they do it's not fully done and the floor is still partially dusty
>bathroom mirror often left speckled with toothpaste. Nobody cleans it
>I am the problem
>my autism (which might not even be real) is the problem
>people able to think outside of the box and devise schemes shouldn't be allowed 'the helm'

*sighs and throws laptop out of window*

I also made a board at school for people to stick their chewing gum on, with a signed contract from teachers saying they wouldn't get angry if they saw people disposing of their gum there. Next you'll be telling me that's not a good idea and that if everyone thought like that the world wouldn't be a better place

some people dont wanna change mate
my fucking house is trashed coz everyone to lazyy and busy on their phones

That was a good idea. It doesnt require the same kind of thing you were asking with your scheduled though. It solves a problem by adapting the situation to the people, not by trying to adapt the people to the situation.

The question though - did it work?

But we have no idea how much better the world would be if we listened to the young people who have the brightest imaginations. Chances are we'd be flying around on jet packs by now

I worked for a term then bullies defaced the contract

Thats not an argument at all. People dont lose their imagination as a product of age. 'young people' are just people with less experience. Some of them are smart people with less experience.

Many become less vocal with age because they have the good sense to realize sooner or later that they dont actually know everything. Some stay loudmouths for ever because they are that dense.

Excellent baiting I've seen from you today, famalam. Unfortunately it's too obvious for many, and too subtle for others.

At least I really hope you're trolling.

And so you have learned that things are more complicated than you thought.

Reasons people might stick their gum to the wall
1: too lazy to throw it away
2: artistic expression
3: everyone else is doing it
4: some internal satisfaction (a game to see where you can throw it. building up a collection of your gum in a certain area to watch it grow, etc)
5: you arent supposed to do it

Your solution accounts for 1-3, some instances of 4, and none of 5. 5 ended up being your undoing, your wall just became the trash can and thus they acted against it.

You have to account for these sorts of things. Saying "everything would be perfect if everyone just did exactly what i told them to" is basically a juvenile thought everyone had. Its true, if everyone did exactly what you said the world would be more ordered and all sorts of problems would stop existing. But thats, again, a world full of robots. Most people realize this eventually and realize you cant just have everyone following some world dictators proclamations about mundane things such as the proper procedure for wrapping a sandwich.

Thanks mate. Bout time.

You are the most autistic person in this thread by a fucking mile. Good job picking up on social cues well enough to know you were being trolled you virulent sperg.

>wind mills
>wooden shoes
I just assume all dutch are autists.

I am an autist. My autistic specialty is observing people, as such i am able to fit in to social situations quite well and even function as a counselor to others. I identified you as a potential fellow autist and reached out to help.

No need to be a jerk.

What's wrong with windmills?

Also, muh clogs. (but seriously, wooden shoes are awesome when you have to work in the mud, anyone with a garden should own a pair)

because most things are not black and white.
being open and critical of all things comes with age.
i'm a fairly big bodybuilder, and have learned you don't know everything to growing muscle/ maintaing low fat.
and I chuckle when guys say "yeaaa it's all about cals in cals out" or "the trick is ____"
No. There is no "Trick" there is no one correct answer.

it's almost like those things don't bother other people anywhere near as much as they bother you, so others don't think they are worth the hassle

Windmills are like trains in that they are one of the category of things autistic people might latch onto and obsess over. Also they spin, excessive spinning is a sign of autism according to the CDC.

I know wooden shoes are very comfortable and practical when build right, but im an autist so that doesn't help your case.