You guys are fucking stupid

How long until this isolationist dick waving fucks over america's dominance in the world? Is it worth destroying international relationships, families, and our academic institutions over this ban?

>For years, Iran has led the U.S. State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism, and so it is not unusual that Iranian scientists would face extra scrutiny from security officials, especially given concerns about nuclear proliferation in Iran. However, like the other countries affected by the ban, no immigrants from Iran have carried out terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and the end of 2015. And given the blanket nature of the ban, it affects many scientists who have nothing to do with nuclear research.

>“Many talented friends of mine can’t come back to finish their degrees, simply because they went back to their hometowns to visit their parents,” says Saeed Mehraban, an Iranian Ph.D. student who is working on quantum computing at MIT, and is currently in Austin visiting his advisor. “I’m just taking a domestic flight from Texas to Boston, and I’m still scared they may do me harm.”

>“Professional and personal lives are being destroyed,” says Josh Plotkin from the University of Pennsylvania. One of his postdoctoral fellows—an Iranian, and a legal permanent resident of the U.S.—was traveling abroad when Trump’s order was signed. “They are now separated from their spouse, and likely unable to attend faculty job interviews that are scheduled in the coming weeks. This postdoc was working on new ways to treat HIV/AIDS.”

theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/01/trumps-immigration-ban-is-already-harming-americas-scientistsand-its-science/514859/?utm_source=atlfb

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/03/the-myth-of-the-science-and-engineering-shortage/284359/
archive.is/fXfFf
iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2004/01/20040113191603atarukp0.6147425.html#ixzz4Hq7acVUS
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AMERICA FIRST! And last. And in between.

America's place in the world is already in decline and this situation cannot be stopped. The illusion can only be maintained for, presumably, the benefit of the American people's psyche, mostly the old white ones, who care nothing about the future generations, and as a result should be treated with neither respect nor care.

As for science, we should hope that it will thrive elsewhere.

As to the matter of people's personal lives: we want them to be destroyed.

>As to the matter of people's personal lives: we want them to be destroyed.

Why? What the hell is that supposed to accomplish?

>Not show, ahmed, his 3 wives and 19 kids who will all need government assistance for at least 7 years on arrival
>or Mohammad, who was told about ficki ficki in the cities is easy with very little chance of repercussions
>or Mohamed, who just wants to become a trucker like his cousins in france and germany
>or the 300-400 others that dwarf the 4 people who have doctorates (or dont and just say they do to get into the USA)

Give or take two to three months

Trump is president and there's nothing you can do about it other than whine on a chinese cartoon forum.

Because then it will be made clear to them that we do not want them nor anybody like them, and that we do not care at all about their well being or welfare, which should drastically reduce the expectation third worlders have with regard to the west.

There's no fucking safe haven or human rights here. There's nothing. So don't even bother to ask.

Except the USA is founded on the principles of allowing immigrants to start lives here. To turn out backs on that ideal is literally unamerican.

Are you not concerned that maybe Trump could be making the wrong decisions?

America was founded on slavery, conquest of the natives and only allowing white people in. (Let's throw in anglo saxon heritage.)

the eternal leaf strikes again

>to study at (((Harvard)))
>phd student, doesn't state in what, probably gender studies

>69 YO father with family in LA
that would be sad, if his kids were less than 18

So this quote from Obama is bullshit? That's rather bleak dont you think?

>Immigration ban

But it's not an immigration ban. It's not a blanket ban. It's not a ban that is forever.

It's a targeted, time limited ban while they investigate.

Are they saying the US science is so harmed by the lack of maybe a hundred ME scientists that it can't survive 90 days?

Oh no not a few shitskin Iranian scientists!

Noooooooooooo!

My fedora can no longer tip! Help me /r/space and /r/science! Help me Bill Nye! Help me Neil Degrasse Tyson!

>fellowship to study medicine (and become a foot doctor)
>science

>destroying international relationships
Considering how almost every country is bending the knee to Trump and we're aiming to have aiming to have a good relationship with Russia I am not worried.
>families
They're not my families and they are not my people so I don't care.
>academic institutions
Not happening. Even if it was, we're not missing out on our non biased Academic Institutions indoctrinating kids with Marxist you have to put yourself thousands of dollars in debt to get into.

>Yadda yadda media fear mongering

Unless Obama is referring to slavery and ethnic based exclusion as a his set of founding values then he's simply objectively wrong. Considering that his very position as a black individual would have been considered inconceivable by any of the founding father, those who punitively had the values he's apparently referring to, I doubt he's being either honest or aware about what he's saying.

>American science Is hurt by not allowing foreigners to take all the PhD student spots

hmm

It's up to the leaders to take hard choices we might not understand at this point.

Everything will become clear in retrospect.

I think the point is that people who do work in the united states or are citizens and contribute to our economy shouldnt have to experience this type of treatment, especially without warning.

Good more top school spots for patriotic americans.

If you want to get worked up about fucking over America's dominance, maybe you should forget about the ban and start thinking about the fact that Trump just kicked the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence out of the National Security Council and replaced them with a fucking blogger. Shit like that is a much, much bigger threat than a few resident aliens being locked out for a while.

Of course, no one is perfect and I doubt I will agree with Trump on everything. But, this is not one of those times.

The insane left sides with out enemies and blames america first.

Irans actions and behavior are their own fault.

We are simply logically reacting to their behavior.

When you hold rallies shouting death to america, you bet we will respond.

Can we actually debunk this?

From what I understand with in Trump's executive order. Which really is just the implementation of a 2011 era Obama order. These people are being barred entry back into the US?

But from what I understand, the Order addresses exceptions like these, and once these people are investigated, reviewed, and assuming they pass, they can go freely back into the country?

It really is just a day or two inconvenience for these people? or are they actually being deported?

Also, the fact 7 or so individuals in 50k+ are being used as the impotence for open refugee immigration is incredibly misrepresenting the true nature of the issue.

I know this is Sup Forums but I would like some good discussion instead of >hur dur marxist university scum! or >deal with it!

America's dominance has been waning for years. China has already begun to overtake us

>American should Brain Drain the entire world REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE not a single scientist should live in the 3rd world

"progressives" ladies and gentlemen

I worked with shitskins engineers and scientists.

They are awful people and can't produce a worthwhile and unwilling to work together and they were all about themselves.

T. Engineer

If I understand correctly, James Clapper was removed?

I'm pretty sure the NSC is filled to the brim with a bunch of neo-con cucks. Drumpf could have at least put in someone from the intel/military community.

Oh well, Bannon is a former Naval Officer, I don't question his ability to do a good job.

For the most part yes, it's merely an inconvenience. But to the pampered liberal mind that's akin to anudda shoah, which is why they're throwing this airport temper tantrums after only a fucking day.

>~50% of scientists in America are foreigners.
>Ban some foreigners.
>Jesus fucking Christ! American science is dying!!
If America actually employed it's own people instead of buying it's brains from abroad, things like this wouldn't mean shit.

The STEM shortage has always been fake news

theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/03/the-myth-of-the-science-and-engineering-shortage/284359/

It exists in order to make STEM wages lower by convincing Americans (gullible idiots) to allow in millions of pooinloos and East Asians

IF YOU ARE WHITE AND LOVE ANYTHING IN THE ANGLOSPHERE OR EUROPE
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
BUMP
THIS
FUCKING
THREAD
>
>

>being this much of an edgelord

Is that clock boy deported already?

Clapper was a liar and a faggot AND an ISIS butt buddy like half of Obama's administration.

fuck him I hope he rots in hell.

You know, I don't object to actually brain draining >1000 top scientists and bi-lingual STEM workers preferably from Taiwan or Japan.

Unfortunately this has been widely abused by Silicon Valley hyper capitalists looking for the cheapest pajeets to fill their code monkey teams. A California representative put forward a bill requiring business to pay the same wage as they would someone in the Bay Area.

It's not necessarily 'good' legislation, but its a start in formally acknowledging that they do indeed depress wages.

archive.is/fXfFf

>edgelord
I hope you like gore OP because you're going to be seeing a lot of it

Clapper and Dunford were removed.

Because leading trillions of dollars to murder millions of people in the middle east with absolutely nothing to show for it but a 20 trillion dollar debt has been working so well?

Kill yourself. Retard

Not at all. I think he's making the right decisions.

> fucks over america's dominance in the world?
you're making isolationism sound so good
maybe donnie should try it out

>You know, I don't object to actually brain draining >1000 top scientists and bi-lingual STEM workers preferably from Taiwan or Japan.
Yeah that's not what actually happens. Instead we just admit a bunch of Indians and other assorted Asians into our universities' engineering, nursing, and math programs.

Make America Retarded Again!

Funny, because in the early period there was rabid disdain for German migration, and every wave of migration since.

>le doctors and engineers meme
>le (((science))) meme

> Hey chief! I found this dick in perfect condition, you might want to put it in your inventory

wut... what the fuck am i looking at?

Shame on you America!

Just look at how Germany blooms and grows with that 1.000.000 scientists they have imported in 2015

Have you never seen a Mexican lady before?

Car accident.

Shut the fuck up CIA shill, you understand that Trump is merely enacting the same set of laws Obama had enacted in 2015 so fuck off.

How about this crazy idea.

Pay scientists more, and faggots and boneheads less.

Then more smart people go into science.

In Australia you're lucky to even get a job in science let alone appropriate financial rewards.

>harming science
Those leftist atheist cucks have turned science into religion to fill their spiritual needs. But science is ever changing and corrects itself over time, and they hate it. This is why they lash out when their "scientific eternal truths" are challenged. Fuck I hate those cunts.

>they can never ever come back FOREVER*!!!!!
>* ("forever" being a 90 day period during which new vetting processes will be put in place, unless you apply for the exemption and come back before then)

context?

More opportunities for American students.

Neat

Give Saravi's fellowship to an American instead.

US dominance depends on its ability to project military power. That's what foreign nations suck up to it for. Not for how PC the US treats some fucking nobodies, if you're rich enough you can simply get citizenship from a different country,

REAL POLITICS.

What the fuck are you talking about? Any one who is actually scientifically minded would change their beliefs based on solid, replicitable scientific evidence.

US PhD programs are overflowing with foreigners because the conditions and pay is so atrocious that most US citizens are unwilling to put up with it despite how much they might love the subject. Foreigners, on the other hand, are willing to put up with it so they can stay in the US.

>implying there will be more American scientists once trump silences scientific institutions and Betsy Devos destorys the education system.

>Liberals want to steal all the talent from other nations that need them the most.

>Any one who is actually scientifically minded would change their beliefs based on solid, replicitable scientific evidence.

Unless money is on the line.

How is this liberal's fault? They're free to go back to their home country if they choose.

Have an example?

lol, when is the last time American (((scientists))) made a noteworthy discovery?

I know about three engineers who are affected by the ban.

They all work for American companies in R&D. Two work for MIC companies including Lockheed.

One can't leave the united states because he's Yemeni and the other two can't enter to go back to work because they were abroad for a conference.

Lol.

>This postdoc was working on new ways to treat HIV/AIDS.”

Don't stick your dick where other people shit, there i solved HIV and I don't even have a PhD.

That UPenn professor was my stats instructor holy shit lol.

if you knew what academic research looks like you'd realize just how much more practical your idea is than whatever he was working on.

What about people who got HIV from blood transfusions or tissue transplants, or who were born with it? Lol idiot

>What about people who got HIV from blood transfusions
Proof?

this. but shitlibs will ignore this.

Execute them.

Bam no more HIV.

>thinking china will overtake anyone, let alone the US, on the world stage
kek

Are you retarded or was that a serious question?

>expecting Sup Forums to give a shit

Nice blog post, bro! 10/10

school shooting that happened in mexico a couple of weeks ago, I think

If they're smart, they will go to their lands and improve their national science. But no, they want to stay in a 1st world country.

Excellent post. On the day of the rake, you'll be spared.

>boon

Just quarantine everyone with HIV until they die. Leper colonies worked.

How would you know who has AIDS until they spread it to 20 other people?
Besides, a smarter solution would be to just cure it. It could result in curing other viral diseases as well.

We couldn't handle the responsibility of being the leader anymore

"There are over 500 Iranian-American professors teaching and doing research at top-ranked U.S. universities" The same cannot be said Gulf Arabs or Africans:
iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2004/01/20040113191603atarukp0.6147425.html#ixzz4Hq7acVUS