Hey Sup Forums. Military user here writing a paper on the Iran-Saudi Arabian proxy war in the Middle East...

Hey Sup Forums. Military user here writing a paper on the Iran-Saudi Arabian proxy war in the Middle East. Help me write it? I have most of the body but the intro is fucking my shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemeni_Civil_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post to pastebin then and give us the link

Some of its OPSEC-y. Can't do but I'm trying to focus on the religious disagreement between Shia Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia

>it was the best of time, it was the worst of times. The best of times, because the sand niggers were killing the fuck out of each other. The worst of times, because some of them survived

Based as fuck but this is going to a high ranking enlisted gentleman.

It's Obama's fault

Sunni/Shia conflict is only a small part of it. Politically, Iran is backed by Russia whereas Saudi is backed by US. So an Iran-Saudi proxy war is actually a proxy-proxy war between the US and Russia.

Go with defining the terms in your intro. How Shia is different from sunnism. The differences between the Saudi Royal family and Saudi national guard. The difference between the decentralized government of the Saudis and strong centralized government of Iran. All the while, defining important words that will reappear.

lol wow they really do let any retard into the military

write your own shit you fucking mong

Hooyah, thanks.
Planned to touch on this but it's cracked ice to bring up the US as being at fault in a paper ever.

Bush funded Saudi telecommunications that broadcast anti American propoganda through the Arab world. Put it in your paper and say this is Trump's America now and we will no longer give in to the false song of globalism.

Iran is an ancient civilization stretching back to the Bronze Age. Saudi Arabia was just a bunch of illiterate tribesman till they discovered oil. They still don't have a civilization. Iranians are smarter than arabs.

>>Not allowed to criticize the USA for it's role in destabilizing the middle east and arguably much of the modern world

Write a paper on that instead

It's changing but people are still recovering from Obamas grip

Without European assistance the Saudis wouldn't of become anywhere near what they are now too. We create enemies to blame things on when the figures that are risen up by the people to face our creations we can stage intervention in conflicts we orchestrated by creating or instigating the players.

Far to few burgers are willing to take a critical role of our involvement in the shit fest

This stuff has been going on far before Obama, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush senior, etc The problems of the modern world go back at least to the 17th century

Well give me an overview and I'll throw it in. I don't know where to even begin

I can't tell if that says monster or mosque

I wouldn't know where to begin either user, I've only loosely been monitoring the Saudi-Yemeni war, and have very little background information to go off of on Yemen. I've mostly been monitoring the Syrian war, and learning about the other Arab nations. If I were you I'd look into the Yemeni civil war which came before the Yemeni-Saudi war as it's heavily related. I followed it a bit back in 2011. North and South Yemen hate each other, and this goes back to some past civil war I know very little about that involved the North part gaining authority over the south part.

Than there are some areas that want to go back to British colonial rule like the port city of Aden. Others that serve as a hippy / leftist hub like Taizz. You'd be mistake if you think the war in Yemen and the war between them and the Saudis is just religion, if anything it's mostly tribal disputes which has been a huge source of conflict for the middle east for a very long time.

For background information read about the 1994 civil war, Al-Qaeda insurgency, Houthi insurgency, South Yemen insurgency, Yemeni Revolution, and than you should have enough to speak towards their side. I often get lost in exploring the histories of obscure countries, good stuff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemeni_Civil_War

The reason the Yemeni history is so key to understanding what is now called the Saudi-Yemeni war is that the Yemeni civil war (which itself was the result of past civil wars) started with the Saudis first trying to intervene in the direction of the most recent Yemeni civil war. I think the intervention was starting to be planned around the time the Houthis took the presidential palace back in 2015

I need to rewrite my paper and it's due tomorrow night. Fuck.

this would be the best format to go fyi

You can do it user, also your intro is normally supposed to be a short summary of the main body of the rest of the paper

The USA interest in Yemeni-Saudi war mostly relates to the Al-Qaeda insurgency. While the main interest of the Saudis if I remember correctly ties into the Houthi insurgency, and the role the Houthis played in the Yemeni revolution, which related to the tribal conflict of the previous president.

You could outline the paper like this
-Yemeni history (what lead up to the conflict)
-Yemeni Revolution (trigger point of the previous history)
-Al Qaeda's role in the situation (which got the USA involved)
-Saudi interest in Yemen (and why they launched intervention
-Conclude the paper with what the USA's possible future in the conflict may be

Since you're from the perspective of a USA military, tying back the history and conflict back to our side will probably be a good angle to approach. Unless you were already given an outline

brah you're overthinking it. take a preacher's approach.

>what i'm going to tell you (intro)
>what i'm telling you (main body)
>what i just told you (conclusion)

Trips of truth, thank you for simplifying it a bit. I can do this.