Orthodoxy General Thread

Hi Sup Forums, I am a Roman Catholic thinking of converting to Greek Orthodox Church. Can you post reading material and good videos related to Orthodox Christianity? Cheers.

youtube.com/watch?v=AD44-ZoAkG8

Other urls found in this thread:

njegos.org/petrovics/mwreath.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NKnR9LqvYqk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAjJAvLtZA
youtube.com/watch?v=3wm4RlnnaOU
youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc
youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfW7gYzns
youtube.com/watch?v=-BpBgU-gUMA
youtube.com/watch?v=izBe4Ap_9vI
youtube.com/watch?v=DJODxvgkfE0
youtube.com/watch?v=GOgetJjKCEc
youtube.com/watch?v=2vLQtAxlark
youtube.com/watch?v=AzIbXRkfndI&t=20s
youtube.com/watch?v=f9zlop4e6tA
desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html
tradyouth.org/author/orthodox_nationalist/
rusjournal.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=dTnxFgmQLKc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade
alexey-osipov.ru/translations/en/
orthodoxwiki.org/Paul_Sawabe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why? just stay catholic, and convert to traditional Catholicism.

Russian Orthodox Church is the worst Orthodox Church ever.

it's totally kvlt and redpilled unlike kektholics with their bluepilled kek pope \m/

Good on you user! I'm glad you've found the light in Orthodoxy, God bless!

I have access to a Latin rite parish. It's not just a matter of pretty liturgy and vestments. I don't acknowledge the Pope's claim to universal jurisdiction. I don't believe it was present in the early church and I see it as the main reason that the Catholic Church is drifting away from the perennial teachings given to us by Jesus Christ.

njegos.org/petrovics/mwreath.htm

It is hard to read and understand, but it will give you a great understanding of why islam is cancer and what it means to be Orthodox Christian.

St. John Climacus - The Ladder of Divine Ascent
St. Nikodemus of the Holy Mountain - Unseen Warfare

Both are must-read

youtube.com/watch?v=NKnR9LqvYqk

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAjJAvLtZA
youtube.com/watch?v=3wm4RlnnaOU
youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc
youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfW7gYzns
youtube.com/watch?v=-BpBgU-gUMA
youtube.com/watch?v=izBe4Ap_9vI
youtube.com/watch?v=DJODxvgkfE0
youtube.com/watch?v=GOgetJjKCEc
youtube.com/watch?v=2vLQtAxlark

youtube.com/watch?v=AzIbXRkfndI&t=20s
Just listen to these chants OP and listen how superior they are to the cucktolic music with instruments haha also compare them to old Roman chants like this: youtube.com/watch?v=f9zlop4e6tA

Orthodoxy is the true denomination fuck cucktolics (not even talking about protestants are they even christians?)

The Catholic Church is the one true Church
fedorafags and proddies do not belong here

Christianity is a cuck religion.

Fpbp

Why steal someone else's culture and religion? You'd be LARPing in the face of God.

Don't be harsh with Catholic people, they are not the enemy, the enemy is the Pope.

I believe that in the coming times, Catholic people, will either find their way to orthodoxy or they will abandon Christianity altogether (the ones with a weak faith at least). The same goes with Protestants.

Pros:
- No pope (your religion isn't commanded by guy with nigger foot fetish). Patriarch isn't anything remotely like "God's official representative"
- Priests can marry, therefore your children are safe

Cons:
- No sitting places in church
- No statues in church
- Altar is walled from the rest of the church by a fuckton of icons

Also:
- Minor dogmatic shit only theologists care about

One of my favorire sites

desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html

come visit:
/christian/
or
/christ/
over at 8ch
Godspeed.

Daily reminder Easter and Oriental orthodox and Roman Catholic are the same Church.

1. It's just a religion, bro

2. It's just a social construction

3. A social constrution would not make people better or worse

4. Unless they are not free Aryans

You can't sit in an Orthodox Church?

Some churches have seats for sick, old people or pregnant women as far as i now. But usually you can't sit.

Try the Eastern Catholic churches OP. All the basedness and ethnocentrism of the Orthodox churches, without any of the damnation that comes from being out of communion with Rome.

Can a buddhist Greek post in here?

The ethnocentrism is what stopped me from converting. Only Orthodox church near me is a Greek orthodox church where all the Greeks go. As a white guy I'd feel a little bit uncomfortable trying to join.

and you have to take your hat off

what are you talking about? the church cant be ethnocentric, everybody is free to convert

I know I CAN convert, it's just that the Greek Orthodox is a pretty tight community here and they'd look askance at a random white dude barging in.

no

Satan welcomes you into his family, digits confirms this.

If you do decide it, welcome aboard. I myself try to rediscover orthodoxy.

>Fr. Matthew Raphael Johnson
Matthew Raphael Johnson is a scholar of Russian Orthodox history and philosophy. His research interests focus on Russian political theory and religious ideas, concentrating on the central role of nationalism, Eurasianism and the Orthodox tradition as forms of rebellion against globalism and liberalism. His Orthodox Nationalist podcast series is available here.

tradyouth.org/author/orthodox_nationalist/
rusjournal.org/

Stay catholic, Greek Orthodox is for Greeks, just like Russian Orthodox is for Russians, it's all nationalist based, you won't fit in.

Naw man. Religions are shit.

You should just become atheist instead =)

>othodoxy is ethnophyletistic
you are retarded

Working well for Sweden so far?

when are you going to canonize muhammed and Ben Laden?

Yup. Working fine for me. Religions have been mostly garbage for me. Spend your time on something useful instead.

>your religion isn't commanded by guy with nigger foot fetish.
>Thats just your racism that can see past a meme picture. Fake Post. Francis is Righteous.

> it's all nationalist based, you won't fit in.
The fuck are you saying???
The most popular Orthodox churches are Greek and Russian and manny in the West convert to them.

this
the pope is just the first among equals(but not infallible)

You're better off just reading the Bible and going to an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church.

Anyone who says you have to do anything more than believe upon Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you from sin, is just trying to cuck you for duckets.

Anything else takes glory away from God.

Saved by grace through faith is Jesus redeeming you even though you don't deserve it. There is nothing you can do to earn your way into heaven, that's blasphemy. Jesus already did all the work.

I guess as long as the Greeks don't deviate from this fundamental truth about salvation you'll be alright...

Isn't your country completely falling apart at the seams because you've lost your national identity?

This user is correct.

Russian Orthodox Church is infested with KGB agents collaborators including the patriarch.

и тyт ты тaкoй нeceшь дoкaзaтeльcтвa

would it not be better to first examine what the Bible wants you to do and then try and find a religion that tries to follow it as closely as possible?

ALso I saw this thread with literally the same post a few month ago, you sure you are not an Orthoshill by chance?

The Orthodox Church is the true Church. Look at the answers you're receiving from so called 'Catholics'. Their idiotic answers being given sound more like a low level street gang than the Church of Christ.

If you're going to be Christian might as well be an original Christian. The Catholic Church are traitors to the West and have allied with the Muslims at key moments in history. In the Fourth Crusade the Catholic Church sent troops to kill their own Christian brothers in Constantinople.

Read up on the Fourth Crusade to see how vile and nasty the Catholic Church is. In 1853 the Catholic Church again sided with the Ottoman 'Muslim' Empire against Orthodox Russia. At the time Russia had beaten the Ottomans in 8 major conflicts. These Russo-Turkic Wars defended all of Western Civilization from Muslim conquerors.

Catholics have many practices like celibacy, and pope infallibility that have nothing to do with the Bible. The Orthodoxy teaches it's priest to raise big healthy families to set an example in the community. Not the Catholics though... they teach their priest to be faggots who have no children.

>why? just stay catholic, and convert to traditional Catholicism.

Whore of Babylon.

An offspring of the Whore of Babylon.

None of these things are christian, actually READ the bible and pray for the truth.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

I'm a baptist and I need to know how Orthodoxy compares to it. Also checked

this

also, the Catholic church systematically covered up their pedo shit

I like some aspects of Catholic theology and culture though

>KGB agents
The KGB hasn't exist since 1989. In Russia, the Communist Party only receives 16% of the vote. If you don't understand what these two very clear statements are supposed to mean.... to be blunt, they mean you're an idiot.

Hope that clears things up.

user, I...

I understand your arguments against catholic church, but would it not be foolish to say that the orthodox church is right just because it was the "first" or "original" church?

From the bible we see that God cares more about the actions than about lineage and legitimation. Example: The jews that were rejected as people for God for misbehaving for centuries

this

orthodox theology seems a lot more stable, even though aquinas was a genius, a lot of it is mental gymnastics and has been severely critiqued by po-mo philosophers (ie heidegger and his buddy derrida) and justified or not, orthodox theology just doesn't have any real problems

>nor posting the real version

Don't LARP just because you heard orthodoxy is based. No one cares what a fag like you believes in.

Can anyone explain to me why they bless nearly everything?

Orthodox have the same Culture the respects you're probably refer too. youtube.com/watch?v=dTnxFgmQLKc

They used to be the same Church until the great schism after the Fourth Crusade when the now Catholic Church attacked Constantinople instead the Muslims in Jerusalem. This betrayal which eventual led to the Fall of Constantinople to the Turks is why the Schism occurred.

to have Gods protection

I am not an orthodox thus I cannot know what exactly the theology says in details, but watching the behaviour of the church as a whole from a far has created some doubts if they really try to follow the bible instead of human teaching, as stable as they may seem.

so that it is blessed

isnt it good to fight infidels with a blessed ak?

t. ips fedora

>Orthodox have the same Culture the respects you're probably refer too.

theres nothing i dont respect in orthodoxy

im just saying some catholics can be based...prostestants, im not sure

>Russia still has a higher Muslim population.
>More terrorist attacks, most ending with over a hundred body bags.
>Poor.
>Ex-commie shithole.

Sure got diddled my dude.

If you truly believe that, you are an atheist.

It's pretty good mental gymnastics (Aquinas 5 proofs of God etc) but Orthodoxy theology is just intuitive and simple, complex not complicated.

It can survive all the po-mo skepticism, it doesn't have to deal with the guilt of colonialism, no pedo shit. There's no serious problems that the Orthodox have to apologize for.

>The Fourth Crusade (1202–04) was a Western European armed expedition called by Pope Innocent III, originally intended to conquer Muslim-controlled Jerusalem by means of an invasion through Egypt. Instead, a sequence of events culminated in the Crusaders sacking the city of Constantinople, the capital of the Christian-controlled Byzantine Empire.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade

Thanks Catholics for 800 years of Ottoman Muslim penetration and the loss of Anatolia.

tatars who are muslim only on paper and will drink vodka and eat salo with you (christian by culture)

even tho we have more muslims we have less mosques per muslim than in europe, including england

the shit about attacks is simply not true

get over it, Mahmud

Here, OP. Choose lection and listen basics: alexey-osipov.ru/translations/en/

And if fucking Saudis stayed out of it, Russian Muslims would all be Sufi hippies n shiet.

Britain gets Pakis, basically the worst, most asshole Muslims after Sauds and criminal Somalis.

Eat a dick terrorist supporter

Russia haves the Muslim population as it had when they conquered it few hundreds years ago and the muslim terrorist in Caucasus are killing fellow muslim and put Sharia law in their Repubics like Chechniya did,but meanwhille in Brittain you are losing slowly your cities thatnks to the high level off immigration from Muslim countries, enjoy your diversity Nigel

But it gets silly after awhile.

particle accelerators function on the same principles as atom bombs, you retard, if you dont know what youre doing...ka-boom

that and spaceships are extremely dangerous pieces of technology, which unfortunetely, the west refuses to think critically about

im glad they bless this, it is needed

why? you think science should be a God-free zone?

the people invite priests, they want it themselves, to have their workplace blessed and so on

You speak a whole lot of generics that don't mean anything in the end. In the untied states we call this "concern trolling". If you have something to say then say it. Otherwise you're just running your mouth with gibberish.

The "behavior" of the Russian orthodox church the past 800 years is exactly why I support them. I'm not officially baptized. But if war broke out today, I would die on the battle field with them.

i think he was referring to the behaviour of the catholic church

Somehow there's The Japanese Orthodox Church in japan. This guy is a metropolian. Hey weebs out there, go to church and pray for Aska the Saint

I'm just finding it odd what they will bless.

> blessing dangerous shit so that people will remember God thus remember that they are NOT God

i guess you like creating monsters

it is kinda of a tradition tho, to start a business with God's blessing nothing bad, although sometimes they realy go far

Never heard of the Warrior Priest Paladin Class?

These guys are reaching Tech-Priest levels.

they say it is a buff +500 to enemykilling and godloving

orthodoxwiki.org/Paul_Sawabe

>Takuma Sawabe was born in 1833 in Kochi prefecture. His original name was Yamamoto Kazuma. He was a student, with a cousin, of the samurai art of Ken-do (Japanese swordsmanship) and philosophy.
>One night in 1865, armed with a sword, he confronted the Hieromonk Nicholas with the intent of killing him before he did any preaching. In the exchange of words that followed, Nicholas questioned why Sawabe would kill him without hearing about what Nicholas would have to say. So, Sawabe asked Nicholas to tell him about his Christian religion. As the young missionary talked, his words softened Sawabe's heart, his interest increased, and he began to study the Christian doctrine.

DELET DIS

They are turbocucks.

do libcucks and fedoras go crazy in russia too when priests bless something connected to the government or military?

here in serbia they keep crying how they are prosecuted and how it hurts them whenever some of our politicians says anything related to religion

we have this thing when during "Epiphany" or Bogojavljanje people swim for a cross in frozen rivers and our leftretards cry about it every year

LvL 60 Paladin's

>I am a Roman Catholic thinking of converting to Greek Orthodox Church.
sounds like the creation of a serbian nation heh lol

we are sorry for calling your ancestors croats just because they became catholic
do you want to come back?

haha we're coming to reclaim Constantinople you illegitimate stink weasel. Better make friends with Trump fast.

Checked. Constantinople will belong to Christians again. Turk roaches better be converting and removing kebab.

We haven't got no Constantinople.