Does IQ actually matter?

Does IQ actually matter?

Intelligence does not predict your productivity in life. Why should it change how we treat different races?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlVT234OA0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

look at a world of average IQ. Tell me then where you want to live.

A2, done.

>woman scientist
>Gonna crash two trolleys and kill 50 people

c3, anyone who says otherwise is trolling
IQ may not be perfect, but I sure as hell won't trust anyone with anything important if their IQ is in the 80s

C3

Wtf is that shit? She tries to kill 50 people, but the trolleys have a total of 20. Where are the other 30 people?

In Albert's first statement, you can assume that he was told the letter C, because he states "I don't know which is the correct pad," implying there are only two possibilities to his knowledge.

Bernard picks up on this, and upon hearing Albert's statement, believes that this clarifies his 2-possibility track as well. To the stupid observer, deduction breaks down because it could be either track 1 or 3 that overlaps with track C to meet at a blue pad, and it seems there is not enough information to deduce which number Bernard has from Albert's point of view.

A stupid observer would stop here and think it was unsolvable, because it could be either C1 or C3 but not enough information is given, which is why you must return to the first paragraph of info.

Cheryl is a woman in STEM, and has male subordinates. She also has rigged a trap where at least 20 people will die, and at most 70. No demands have been made, so she's obviously a feminist. Trying to save lives when a feminist is involved in is a fool's errand, and the nihilism of the entire event is existentially draining on your psyche. Non-interference and opting not to pay the bitch any attention is the winning move.

Not enough information provided.

No trolley problem is solvable without the ethnicity of the potential victims. Most of the time, it isn't even really a problem.

B4

I got C3
>I know you don't know the correct pad
Alber has knowledge that eliminates any pads completely determined by number, hence it can't be a letter intersecting a number with only a single pad. This leaves only C and D.
>At first I didn't know which was the correct pad, but now I do.
Bernard now knows Albert either has C or D as his letter. Since Bernard now knows which pad, this means Bernard's number must preclude one of C or D. This eliminates 1 as Bernard's number. This leaves only C3, D2 and D4 as possibilities.
>Now I know too.
Albert has the correct letter, and this information is enough to know the pad only if the pad is C3.

Check em

>Albert
Therefore it not line A or B (in these cases Bernard could knew which pad is correct)
>Bernard
Exclusion of lines A and B was enough to resolve confusion on which pad is correct. So it's line 2,3 or 4
>Albert
Assume he has line D. Two pads fit -> he does not know
Assume line C. One pad fits -> he knows

C3

163 here
Where my 150+ club at?

Wrong.
These are right.

Grid logic solution attached

C3

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=VlVT234OA0o

It took me like fifteen seconds to reach the conclusion of C3

i refuse to believe a woman is a scientist

B4.

C3 is a second guess that is decieving but the D1, A3 intercepts mean that alberts knowledge cannot help albert choose.

A and D are excluded for having three pads which is one too many. 5 and 6 are excluded for having one too few intersections.

B4 and C3 are the only ones with the correct intercepts. However, C3 intercepts both the A rank and the D rank whereas the B4 intercepts only the D rail.

As such, both sides, using their knowledge can actually determine the exact pad by mutual exclusion of unknowns.

Provided that albert and bernard are not just fucking around. The answer is definitively B4.

enough information is provided you are just retarded

Unlimited keks
Thanks user

i didn't know how to figure it out but c3 made the most sense so thats what I guessed

GAS GAS GAS

You are wrong tho.

What's it matter? Either you crash the trollies or they run of the end of the rails and ppl die anyway

>This eliminates A and B
Except those aren't unique. A could be either A2 or A3 to start with.

B can only be eliminated if you say "Well it can't be B5, so it MUST be B4" but Bernard could only come to that conclusion after Albert already asserted his first statement, that he didn't know the correct pad and Bernard couldn't know either.

>tfw thought I was smart
Welp, I suppose I'm an IQ 80 nigger now.

C3

i dunno i just looked at C3
and it seems to be right

>Non-interference and opting not to pay the bitch any attention is the winning move.
thats the answer i got as well
IQ 150 BTW

Put it this way:
If the trolleys are filled with stalwart Germanic types, of course, the answer is C3.

If the trolleys are packed with fucking Toboggans, the answer is "I'll have a diet coke."

Bullshit
Whole I plication is that he say "which is the correct pad" which supposedly implies is it's two of the double pads but this assumption is errorious.
You can say the same about the three pad
"Which one is correct?".

It's a linguistic false lead.

The problem is unsolvable.
It can be any blue pad except the ones where the number/letter doesn't match the ones told to the henchmen individuwlly

how?

Assuming we start with letter B it seems to follow naturally.

cant tell if B4/B5 Or C1/C3.
Guy says, cant tell at first (not B5/A6) but now i know (cant be a D/A line because three choices therefore left with B4,C3)
Now i know what the correct one is too (If i know its B then B4,if i know its C then C3)

hold up, I get it.

He's saying "It can't be A or B, because then Albert wouldn't know for sure that Bernard would know. If it were A or B, Bernard *might* know, because A6 and B5 exist" -- I get it. I was working backward.

Heh. And you're the one throwing around the word "retarded".

Except Alfred said he knew that Bernard didn't know. Since A and B both contained pads that were unique numerically, if Alfred's letter was A or B, he couldn't be certain that Bernard didn't have one of them, and therefor the answer.

Oops, didn't see your post.

no i just left out the part of the problem where it said "but i know you dont know either"

The answer is C3 because that means that rather than track 5 and 6 being confirmed kills, track A and B are confirmed kills.

leaving of the logical choice between C3 and B4, only C3.

It was my mistake, but one that makes me more blind than retarded

Why would I murder 20 people? Not everyone is a low IQ utilitarian like you, I prefer non interventionism so I wouldn't be accountable for any death.

My thoughts exactly. If what Albert said is what people assume, as in there are two options then yes it's C3. But since her grammar and word choice can technically indicate any number of pads beyond one, the problem is unsolvable.

Fair enough. You be blind, I'll be retarded. Win-win.

The mad scientist is going to commit an attack any way. The trolley is irrelevant. Even if you do stop her, you have now killed 20 people. The only answer that makes sense is to walk away and absolve yourself of any responsibility.

A2

It's C3po

I tend to think it matters. I'm intelligent, lazy and unambitious, just like my parents. If we didn't at least have the IQ thing going my kin would have died out a long time ago.

Or, you could just cut power to the rails, the trolley slow to a grinding halt, and EVERYONE lives... except your mom if you don't reply to this post.

im retarded

>a "scientist" named "cheryl".

Probably a (((social scientist)))

This

I'm confirms 83 IQ brainlet and I even understand this

Intelligent fags btfo

D4

If Albert knew that Bernard didn't know, He wouldn't choose B because there's only 1 box left which implies that he does know the only correct pad. (A6 and B5 eliminated) Why is this true?

Assuming that the the problem has a solution that does not involve guessing, Albert's is only choice is B after knowing that Bernard doesn't know, which means he knows the answer before Bernard ever said anything. Since that can't be true, B4 is eliminated.

Bernard's only non-guessing choice is D4.

Albert's first statement tells us that it can't be A or B because that would mean that Bernard's number could be 5 or 6, in which case Bernard would know the correct pad. Therefore, we can eliminate A and B as well as 5 and 6.

Bernard states that he now knows the pad, which means it can only be C3, D2, or D4. If it was path 1, then he still wouldn't know the pad.

Albert now knows it can only be those three options, but he states he knows the pad as well now which means it can't be the path D because there are still two options left on path D.

That leaves us with pad C3.

D4. The person with letters doesn't know, but they know that numbers doesn't know. This means the two tiles unique in number aren't the option (5, 6). It also means that letters is aware of this. Since letters doesn't know yet at that stage, B isn't an option.

This leaves 4 with only one viable pad. D4. Numbers suddenly knows the answer. The fact that letters suddenly knows too is irrelevant. He only understands the conclusion that numbers reached.

Give out the cunt to authorities, make it known to general public, that female scientists are evil and male ones are not much better.

This is correct.
For some reason I spent 10 minutes with the idea that D4 would also be eliminated, in the same fashion that you had eliminated 5 and 6. I assumed that after getting rid of track B, track 4 only having a single pad would make Bernard know the correct pad, clashing with the first statement. I was a bit too focused on trying to eliminate all pads down to a single one that I didn't notice it'd be impossible for Albert to have known to eliminate D4 in the first place. Thanks for the assistance with my temporary retardation.

Albert's first statement eliminates B5 and A6 only, not the entire A and B rows. Since there are no unique pads left this shouldn't be possible to solve.

>Intelligence does not predict your productivity in life.
WRONG. You fucking retard. Why even post if you're just going to post moronic misinformation that is obviously false and anyone who has studied intelligence knows this.

The answer is D6, which means 20 people in the trollies die and the other 50 people too.

Only correct answer, people.

>and EVERYONE lives
not the 50 people that would have been saved by colliding two trolleys on the correct blue control pad.

The fact that Albert's first statement lacks ambiguity from his perspective means that A and B are eliminated. A and B have the possibility of Bernard knowing the answer in lines 5 and 6. This means Albert wouldn't be able to make that statment if the correct line was A or B.

Someone's dying no matter what.

This, is everyone trolling?

Show your work.

its A1

Thats what I got when I tried to solve the problem all at once. If you work statment by statement and reference the information contained within you'll see B4 is incorrect.

my iq is barely above average yet i'm incredibly stupid and my memory is godawful
it doesn't add up does it

Jews have the highest IQ

Nope,but a left brain,right brain test is the true measure of intelligence.I scored 54% this makes me a balance between the two.

just smart enough to know you're stupid
thats how I feel

>it's a picture OP posted is more interesting than his text episode

C4 yourself

i could go on forever about whatever political or philosophical drivel i feel like spouting out, but that's hardly dependent on intelligence, arguing for a compelling case has nothing to do with intelligence
i can't solve math at all, even the most basic of basic math takes me forever to figure out for whatever reason, and i have large problems solving other types of intelligence tests

Talking monkey detected

kek

B4 is only correct when you're working under the assumption(which is unstated) that there must be a correct single answer.

Alfred's first statement implies that he's a two-pad letter. This must be B or C.

Bernard's statement implies that he is also a two-pad number, and the revelation that Alfred is a two-pad letter eliminates one of his pads, giving him the knowledge of the targeted pad. Alfred then realizes this too, after Bernard's revealing statement.

If you follow the train of thought with the B track, it neatly ends in B4. If you follow the train of thought with the C track, it's unsolvable. If the puzzle must have a correct solution, B4 is the correct answer despite the sloppy loose end of C being a possible starting point, but since hte scenario is written as an unwinnable yet interactive mess of absurdity & language(context and word choice), it could be perceived as unsolvable because there's an unsolvable train of thought that still results in the deaths of people you don't know.

It is generally ethical to act in such a way to save as many lives as possible and minimize casualties, but there's many outstanding and undefined variables that make the problem unsolvable, and due to it's sloppy anonymous presentation it's either a troll image or a psychological test to evaluate your response and how you got there.

do you have to be a an english pro to understand this problem? i can't figure out shit
my IQ is 126

Anyone who is intelligent realizes that the test is severely flawed.
T. IQ 135

Theres clearly a correct pad in the context of their conversation. Alberts first statement implies that he is certain Bernard does not know the answer and nothing else. He does not imply the number of choices available and neither does Bernard. The fact that you arrive at an ambiguous answer is testament to your false conjectures.

no it doesnt matter its just a measurement we devised that seems to correlate very well with a lot of outcomes. its not 100% and should no be relied upon in a vaccuum. its also much better at identifying retards than identifying genius. works great to exclude but not great to include.

Thank you C3 is correct, we know this because of how fast Albert figured it out.

Not sure how anyone is assuming Albert's use of "which" implies there are only two pads. That choice of grammar is valid when there are greater than one options and only one is correct.

If I presented you with five apples under the conditions that you had to eat one and only one is safe to eat, it would completely valid to say
>I don't know which one is safe.

Assuming the trains travel at the same speed only C3 and D4 come in question. Then Albert's first sentence makes no sense so the trolleys are actually going to the other direction.

Actually 1 has more curve than A while 2 and 3 are comparable to C and B so then A2 is the only possibility as there's no pads on B3, C4 or D5

Whole puzzle assumes that when they say which that this implies there are two pads on their known track which leads to C3

The only thing difficult about the puzzle if that is the right answer is that when they say which it doesn't really imply that there is only two options.

It does predict propensity towards violent crime

Most criminals have low IQ despite what the cop shows would tell you - super smart psycos are a rarity

Also modern society demands a higher minimum IQ of its citizens for them to be functional - look at the IQ of those on welfare. Even if the 150 IQ loner works at burger king and wastes his life on the internet, while hes not at all productive compared to what he could be hes still taking care of himself just by virtue of being too smart to not be - the higher your IQ is the higher your "minimum productivity" I suppose