Remember me

>be elon musk
>have gigafactory of solar panels
>good friends with Trump

It's perfect

>putting the panels on the side where they'll be stolen within days

This would be genius.

Are there enough people close enough to the border for this to be worthwhile?

The Solar panels would cost 6-15 years to pay for themselves. Great deal for Mexico.

Mexicans would snatch that shit up and start building shanty towns made of solar panels right on the border.

no, the power is solely for the use of tesla coils that zap any trespasser

this shit again. we talk about how inefficent is the angle of the solar panel.

Cheaper to use mirrors or chrome and create a death wall of intense sunbeams burning everything who crosses.

Don't panels get hot enough/reflect enough head and light that they become death rays at peak collection times?

In Texas there are.

Im anti-trump and anti-wall BUT if the wall was like pic related I would sure as fuck take back everything I said. It's gonna be guarded anyway. As would a lot of people.
>Provides jobs, money, solar energy. >Greatest renewable energy resource on earth.
>Would foster better relations with Europe and the left.

Literally no downsides. Could even provide free power to poor Mexican towns if he wanted to patch that whole fiasco up.

I hope he considers this.

BUILD THE SOLAR WALL!
10 FEET HIGHER!

I'd rather have a light rail from San Diego to San Antonio

No. Solar electric panels are designed to reflect as little light as possible. You might be thinking of solar mirror arrays that focus on a central tower to melt salt.

will mexico pay for that?

>what is import tax

Retarded idea. Bad angle and places of the wall are far away from anyone that needs power.

Why not both, bruh?

That would be beautiful.

stealing more US taxpayer money and getting a contract to put solar cells on a wall in a completely inefficient angle
>I hate this Musk dude, buggest fraudster in history

Agreed, besides, why bother with leftist cuckery ideas like solar energy when Trump promised "clean coal" energy.

coating the entire wall seems stupid. maybe some panels on the top as a roof for the walkways.

wrong, there are plenty of cities right next to the wall that could use the power

the problem is the cost of solar panels, it's cost prohibitive

>Literally no downsides
Except the non feasibility due to retarded amounts of rare elements needed to manufacture 2000 miles worth of solar panels, the maintenance costs, the disposal costs, the fact that it would be generating electricity far away from any massive consumption center and that the angle would be inefficient.
There is a reason massive solar energy plants haven't really taken off, and it's not "da man" boycotting them

This would like triple the price of the wall

But I bet democrats would suddenly be okay with it.

Lmao

ONCE AGAIN
SOLAR PANELS ARE A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY AND HAVE NO PLACE IN MAJOR POWER GENERATION

They're decent for supplemental power in houses. But that eliminates the major problems of large scale REM consumption, transporting/storing the energy, and supplying power to a grid with constantly varying demand.

>import tax
so the costumers in the U.S will pay for it in the end...

We'll pay for it and then Mexico will "reimburse" us. Perfect.

i agree for the most part.
The only place for current solar panels are for off grid applications where you have storage for the power you generate.

Electrical companies are up-selling solar panels to consumers because of the government paying them for "green energy"- at lease that is the case here in Canada, i assume similar in US.

We can look at Germany as a good example of green energy gone wrong. They spent billions of dollars for solar plants and wind farms while shutting down nuclear plants. This resulted in them having to startup coal plants when there is no sun/wind. this is worse than just leaving the coal plant at full tilt, because it just idles until needed.

>falling for the solar roadways meme

The panels can't just be on the face of the wall on the Mexican side, the subhumans will just break/damage all the panels. You would have to install them like if you want them to remain safe.

>SOLAR FREAKING WALKWAYS