What is this?

What is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

new.liveauctioneers.com/search?parameters={"pageSize":24,"page":1,"sort":"relevance","status":"archive","pagesize":24,"keyword":"chinese bronze seal"}
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a jpg file

you autist

Is this a frog?

nigga cut your fingernails

Looks like a traditional Chinese state seal.

Nothing rare, mostly for a township or something.

Japanese would make their own special signature stamps for signing documents.

french manicure ya dong, either (wo)man or wannabe

Doesn't look like anything to me

ancient chinese buttplug
case closed

Not me nigga

Chinese Fake-Oreo mold.

Yeah, actually. I speak and read mandarin. That's not Chinese, it's also not Japanese. It could be traditional Korean like way way back. But it also could be western manufactured Asian souvenir.

Moonrunes. SUMMON THE DRAGON!

Got your mom to take a picture of her chinese tramp stamp eh?

What animal is it?

This has been the source of many arguments

Is he raping the frog?

Reeeee

Ancient Asian cultures didn't use bronze, copper, or tin in artistry because it was usually confiscated for military uses or religious. This is a name stamp but it most likely is from like the 1980's or later. It also is a jumbled mess and isn't an actual name, it's just made to look like it.

this.

China do use bronze as seal.

I deal in Chinese antiques. It is a Chinese bronze seal in Zhuanshu script. Don't sell it too hastily, show a picture to an auction expert. Also, if you just put it on ebay badly listed or in a provincial auction it may not get its full price.
False

Looks Korean

Roughly how much do they go for?
Can you link me to other info about it?

Ah yeah I really like it man.

It is of the Chinese immortal Liu Hai with his three legged toad Jin Chan. Definitely antique.

Give it to us straight, is user a millionaire or not?

Well I mostly deal in porcelain so my knowledge on bronze seals like this is not great. It could be anywhere from the late Ming dynasty to late Qing dynasty as far I know. If I saw it at a market I would take a punt at £50-£100 but it may be worth more. I can't really say.

Haha nah it's not worth that much man, but I think it has a a chance at being worth a little bit. It's not the best quality or anything. But its a desirable subject, definitely has some age.

FPBP

Don't take my £50-£100 as a valuation by the way lol, just what I might pay if I cam across it. As I say I deal in porcelain, but have a little knowledge of other Chinese antiques.

What does it say at the bottom?

Thanks for your help

Gas the kikes
Race war now

Chinese shitposting

I can't say sorry, I can recognize some of the emperors seals but I can't actually read the script. Most Chinese people wouldn't be able to read this either. It is Zhuanshu script.

No problem, out of interest where did it come from?

Looks like a signet ring. A stamp used in wax, basically.

Not true, some of the oldest Chinese antiques are bronze.

Also it is Zhuanshu script, not a jumbled mess.

looks like a cube from laputa

Is been in my family 90+ years, no idea how
We have no family connection to China

the maze from Westworld.

a jojo reference

do you know anything about that damn they wanted to build in some aprt of the yellow river (i think it was that river) where a lot of archeological findings were being done about primitive chinese civilizations that were not actually "chinese" but again, primitive asians, like, not full mongoloid.
I read somwhere they chink gov doesn't give a shit and will flood everything, archeologist are trying to save everything they can?

hot glue it

Nice, well we have bought a lot from China historically so you will have stuff like this floating around. As well as importing stuff on a big scale a lot of military and business people etc would bring back items from China.

If you have any other oriental items floating around your families possessions do make sure to get it checked first before selling, though be warned that getting a good valuation is actually quite tricky, even with auction houses.

R A R E
A
R
E

Probably from the 1980's to today.

Am afraid not man, my knowledge of Chinese culture mostly follows what I buy which is almost entirely items from the last 1000 years. I have heard about the ancient people called the Sanxingdui people though, is this the people you are referring to? I saw that in China within the last few decades they have discovered a lot of jade and bronze items from these people that have completely changed the history of China.

As for primitive Asians. not Chinese etc, didn't they interbreed uniquely with a hominid or something? Is this it?

the damn you are referring to is the three gorges damn which has already completed construction. the Chinese government did very little to preserve any artifacts or archaeological findings along the river.
pity as that river was the cultural backbone of china for a long time.

we wuz chinese historians n sheit?

And yeah haha the Chinese government doesn't care too much about a lot of these old sites. Within the 20th century they have dug up a lot of burial sites to build on and as a consequence a lot of old Chinese burial figures etc have entered the market.

proxy desu

Looks like an older style of chinese characters

dont listen to this guy he a faggot

Looks like an old Chinese seal.

You might want to have a scan through auction records for a similar one

new.liveauctioneers.com/search?parameters={"pageSize":24,"page":1,"sort":"relevance","status":"archive","pagesize":24,"keyword":"chinese bronze seal"}

Thanks, one of the last dindu flags I needed.

what you doin in kenya chinaman?

Am a bong using a proxy desu, I was permanently banned from Sup Forums for posting a link to the public arrest record of that girl in the Chicago torture video of the white guy.

Did you appeal the ban?

Boxer rebellion probably or opium wars but opium rebellion most likely(lots of antiques where taken back as souvenirs by the troops)

That's a good idea I haven't actually. I have a feeling they will just keep the ban though, I have been temporarily banned tonnes of times before. I have been meaning to re-set my IP address somehow but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

That's a hanko you fucking baka gaijin

Generally when they mass-ban people they appeal them all after a couple of days

Have just entered an appeal.

>not having a dinamic IP

pff, step it up senpai

Green makes me think it fake. One pattern spanning multiple (3) ideograms is not common. Reading about Zhuanshu script now, but looks fake to me.

Inside of a fingerbox.

Its acully prononce unko,fucking romaji (not romanji)it keePs confusing gaijin anyways just google search images of similar items,and announce that you have a very old unko that has been in your family for many generations passed form parents etc etc and the fact that's been in europe might mean it's a unique item uncommon in china (cultural revolution and wars destroyed many things)for example it's easier to find original opium pipes in europe than in china anyways seach for this うんこ下痢

You are correct that the green effect is often artificially added, but it does occur on authentic pieces. I do think that this piece is authentic, but it does not necessarily mean it is highly valuable, for example contrary to what a lot of people think, you can buy a lot of Ming dynasty porcelain really cheaply, it might not be the best quality but it is authentic.

This bronze piece in particular, It may be circa 1900/19thc, or perhaps a fair bit earlier. As I say my knowledge on bronze things like this is not great. I really don't think it is later 20thc, and the OP said it has been in his family for 90 plus years With Chinese antiques, it is not so much the age that gives it value, but rather the supply and demand from the Chinese predominately. You have pieces from the 1950's and 60's going for 10's of thousands and more now, but just because this bronze piece may be a few hundred years old does not mean it is massively high price

Doesn't unko mean shit? Well "poop" or am I mixing up my Vietnamese?

Also you may be right that there is a mistake in the script, I can't actually read script, I can just recognize a few characters that are featured in emperor marks. I do know that you sometimes get odd variations in seals on pieces for various reasons such as the creator being a novice scholar.

If it were fake I would still think it was made in China.

Looks like a seal stamp.

Will look into it ;3

Wax Seal?

Ink then onto paper.

this

Part of what makes me like it is the subject (Liu Hai and the toad Jin Chan). The toad often associated with wealth, and it of course appeals to my Kek autism.

i remember there being old chinese bank seals that looked like that.
that would be the id for the account if i'm right

Still interesting as fuck, something to look into while I wait to get off work. OP should have it appraised.

Gotta say, conversing with someone in Kenya while looking at ancient Chinese moon runes on an Anime image board is what makes the internet so fucking cool. And I don't give a fuck if that's some reddit-tier sentiment.

This is why I went looking for it.
I wanted to find out what it was, I thought it was a frog

Of course it means shit,I was just lying my b8 m8 he would find some pictures of liquid diharrea if he search for that,BTW completely off topic Vietnamese or japanese wich one is easier?I speak japanese and you seem to have experienced both wich would you say it's easier?

I know how stamps work Mr. Oooga Boooga.

Ham and cabbage thick wool sweater a nun beating you with a stick

ching ping ping chong official seal stamp

upside-down, silly laowai

this is obviously the swashplate of an automatic transmission, you can see the oil paths and the interlock point for the parking pawl

looks like an irishman to be honest

Just a proxy heh ;3. Yes interesting indeed, if you learn how to read the script you'll be seen as a bit scholarly in China.

Yeah good instinct on that, I would keep it if I were you just as a kind of representation of Kek. I actually hold onto this lacquer statue of the same guy and frog because of Kek lel. (He is stepping on toad in this one)

Malik? Barack?

Also it will give you time to not sell it so quickly so you are sure of price.

Lol, it's different to a wax seal..

proxy ;3

Also it is associated with bringing good luck in terms of wealth, so nice to have around of course.

lot of those around these days, lol

Ancient African qr code. We wuz barcodez n sheit.

Prob because they are banning so many lel.

You guys aren't known for being honest Fukushima

>Pic related

Is that you, ralph?

its a muzzie raping a pig.

He isn't japanese,he is desperate for attention just look how many posts in such a short time,I'm sure he ain't japanese probably some wander english teacher or some ameri fag in some Base with Tyrone naked in the shower

loss

You should ask on reddit.

Nah man.