/PAGANISM 卍 GENERAL/

reminder that old gods and ways will save us.

judeo-christian universalism and passivity is the root of liberal/secular universalism and passivity that has led to western collapse.
>even a muslim can become a christian/progressive, turn the other cheek and show how noble your slave morality is, demonstrate progressive/christ-like love and they will be awestruck by our mercy and convert!

Imbolc/St. Brigid's Day/Groundhog Day/Candlemass is Feb 2nd. Start preparing now.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/only
dictionary.com/browse/predominantly
rosswolfe.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/david-f-greenberg-the-construction-of-homosexuality-1988.pdf
youth-suicide.com/gay-bisexual/semen/05-semen-spirituality-india-china.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=EKS2e3-z2js
library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/montgo1.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump 4 mad christ cucks

bump for paganism

Youre all going to wipe yourselves out. Very very soon

IMBOLC THEMES
>Coming of Spring
>Fertility
>Youth
>Solar Rebirth
>Retreat of Winter

IMBOLC COLORS
>White
>Fuschia
>Daffodil Yellow
> Mint Green / Dark Green
>Sky Blue

IMBOLC FOODS/HERBS
>butter/dairy based, esp sour cream
>chives/onions/garlic/any allium
>bread, especially egg-bread
>hard scones/muffins
>seeds
>bacon/ham and fish
>spiced wines,
>cinnamon, poppy, basil, bay leaf, heather, myrhh

IMBOLC TRADITIONS
>keeping the home lit late into night
>Viewing sunrise/sunset
>lighting candles, decorating an altar
>hiking for signs of spring
>st. brigid's cross/straw dolls
>baking (braided) bread
>spring cleaning
>sweeping of property
>breaking up of snowpiles
>gathering any spring flowers you find
>ritual baths
>fresh and herbed bedsheets
>large fires in the hearth or cauldron
>making butter
>bringing in snow to melt as ritual water
>leaving clothes outside to be blessed

remember: if it's a nice day out, winter will persist, if it's ugly out, winter is coming to an end

most of this sounds latvian as fuck, holy shit

my grandparents did all of those while growing up
you know, when they werent being cucked by commies

Hi, idiot. Sup Forums isn't satire. Just dropped by to tell you "Judeo-Christian" is an appeal to ridicule through false redunancy. In simple terms, you're a whiny, butthurt bitch. sage

You seek to make real the subconscious mind pre-logic, yet the power of these ancient gods has long been retranslated into science, state and modern art. You seek in vain to connect a childhood love of high fantasy with an insufficient will toward fulfilling the curiosity of where you fit into religion, by romanticism and idealization of the concepts within these realms which you do understand. Equating racial pride and a half assed interest in theology with real wisdom cooks up a gumbo that only Sup Forums would consume. As much as fantasy can feel, reality can duplicate it infinitely and there is enough mystery in this world to quench any one man's curiosities. You don't even use correct grammar: in other words, this is a joke.

latvians have the best preserved folk traditions of anywhere in europe! keep the legacy going...and consider sitting down with your grandparents and writing out their traditions before it's too late.

Neat thread so far. Have a bump.

Why are most neopagans on this board American? Is it because those who are mixed race want to strongly identify with one of the other, so they engage in things like this?

Latvia and Lithuania were late converts to Christianity.

wellp it's too late

and our traditions are well known throughout but few actually indulge

summer solstice is the most memorable latvian tradition

lithuania is christian as fuck, latvia is not though.

fedora tier post of the year

Volkism with pagan aesthetics and festivals would a more realistic avenue to consider and pursue. Nations could be gods, ancestors saints and descendants afterlife. I'd love to see Volk style paganism become a thing though; its just at the moment its mostly degenerates and leftists, and the good stuff seems hollow and autistic. Also, may I suggest my concept of triadic matrimony? My Celtic ancestors believed that all good things came in threes, why not one husband and two wives? That way the women get a friend for life and hot lesbian action, whilst I get a cuddle buddy for each arm.

Americans take their Jew aversion to extreme levels fearing that Christianity is the method via which Jews have come to power despite Jews loathing Christianity.

autismo

it's funny because this sort of paganism traditions is the sort of thing that kept latvians actually latvian during the cucking of eastern europe. my mom and my grandparents snook out to celebrate the summer solstice, even though it was forbidden in the strictly atheist CCCP as it was an act of paganism

you seem to think you are somehow superior because your grammar is nice which is the ultimate redflag of you being a fedora wearing neckbeard faggot

>christianity and it's stepchild secular humanism aren't the source of the complete undoings of western civilization

you don't even have to believe that jews are subversive to see this

They were still planting trees for each family member in Lithuania when the Soviets took over.

More like " bump a retarded repeatthred to spam this board with gay pagan faggotry shit"

Go ahead, bump it some more Varg

Autistic rock worshipping cucks

Sup Forums's love of Christianity is a subtle but telling indication of it's intellectual bankruptcy. The desert religions are ones that glorify victims - martyrs. They praise weakness, poverty, and non-violence. Nietzsche is arguably the most expressive thinker on this subject and draws clear distinctions with the old gods and their communities which had a very different value sets. Especially of note is how all the modern "Abrahamic" religions use money to consolidate power. While I think the world is long past believing Odin is literally extant and walks among them, I suspect there is fertile ground for an Odalist approach that reveres the old ways for the lessons they imparted and respects, but does not worship, the stories that come to us from pagan mythology. The greatest atrocities and setbacks of human history stem from the monotheistic triad of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity - or from secularist states that "kill god" but in his place the only unifying object of reverence they provide as a replacement is the faceless 'state' or the flawed 'great leader'.

>christianity and it's stepchild secular humanism
This is what pagans actually believe

Fastest growing religion in England is Anglo-Saxon paganism and Celtic for the Welsh. Scotland is Islam for some reason even though they get less than England.

Interesting, I live near a Anglo-Saxon burial mound and we get a lot of Anglo-Saxon pagans here and are great guys, mostly body builder types who seem serious and have a good connection with their past. We also get lots of Wiccan women who just yell and wail while waving flowers.

Thanks for the reminder

Here's a bump

HAIL THE GODS

>My Celtic ancestors believed that all good things came in threes, why not one husband and two wives?
Father, mother, child

Stop being a degenerate. Polygamy isn't sustainable for society unless you want a constant war or a beta uprising

Looks like Perchten but with different masks, what is it?

It is sustainable if all immigration is restricted to fertile young women.

Could not agree more

Yeah, because we totally need mongrels.

Not mongrels, my friend. We will simply rob the slavs of their women by bringing in a lucrative homemakers allowance, financed by a melanin tax.

Half-Slav Half-British is still mongrel. You lose everything that makes you British and gain nothing. Ethnic genocide shouldnt be encouraged because someone is white. There is more to Europe than that.

If you're more than LARPagans, Pierre Krebs' Fighting for the Essence should be a good book for you. Wish you all the best of luck.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of good sources on genuine paganism. Read about theurgy, read Jung and Otto and kerenyi.

Shameless bump. Paganism could problably save Europe. Work harder.

It would be too hard to reconstruct our religions. Latins might be able to do it, but Germanic Paganism has just been losted and we'd have to use Nordic to fill in the blanks for the Anglo-Saxon pantheon and even then that differed from Frankish to Gothic to Longobardi etc. Celtic we know nothingn except a bit that Ceaser wrote when conquering Britain and Gaul. Baltics have a good shot though.

If we did try to reconstruct it today, it would be full of liberal faggots who would taint it or atheist who would dilute it like Varg who in his books states he doesn't really believe in the Gods but rather thinks they were just people who become a personification of that God for a time like May Queen in England and Sweden representing Freyr etc.

The problem with paganism saving Europe is the method of execution.

Would people preach paganism? Would they proselytize to the masses and try to convert? What risks does that entail? Are there core tenets of paganism that could be compromised by "spreading the good word"? I would be worried that the process of pagansim becoming popuarlized again would kill the virtue in it.

My nationality means that I am less informed, but I am not sure Europe can be saved.

Blacks are the true master race.

Thanks for the thread, brother. Brought me back to my childhood traditions.

Great thing about Paganism is that we can add Kek as a recognized God.

Happy Candlemas lads

unlike christians who had to literally genocide, destroy, pillage and either appropriate or eradicate everything pagan, only for their desert religion to die off rapidly the second it wasn't illegal to publicly dissent..

..paganism's rebirth has been largely organic and without proselytizing or evangelism, because it speaks to the european soul

we should only seek to 'convert' our own. The gods of europe have no need for the worship from other peoples

You think the average European is concerned with their soul?

no because they have been christianized and de-spiritualized

europeans didn't even have a language for their folk religions for a reason: it was so universally engrained in the way of life that there was no need to even differentiate it from the society at large.

the european soul is immense and is reawakening.

Sweden for example is a very religious country in spirit, but they've been mislead and have been sold leftism as their religion.

So the reason this thread has predominantly American flags is.... timezones?

Lol

probably, it's 1AM in the UK

>10 different countries (excluding fedoras/buttmad christian posters) in a 51 post thread
>ITS ONLY USA IN HERE

un-unified pagans would have fallen to huns and muslims long ago

dictionary.com/browse/only

dictionary.com/browse/predominantly

this is true, which is why i support the development of a pan-european pagan tradition

any given Sup Forums thread will be predominantly american

Time to remove Varg.

but yet you don't give Christianity the credit for that. no Christianity = no medieval times as europe experienced it and all that stemmed from it

Europe wasn't exactly unified under christianity
It was unified as nations and the nations bordering the islamic world held out

How's Santeria working for you?

nations unified through Christianity for the most part, wether you like it or not

I'm not entirely sure you're correct. Sure it wouldn't have been christian, but the technological and military advancement came from competition between kings and lords. Nothing directly to do with christianity.
The big 4 changes, crop rotation, the horse collar, castles and the feudal system came as a result of the needs at the time.

Proper nations with strong centralized government developed in the 16th century, and didn't truly "turn the corner" against the Near East until Vienna in 1688. And those Western nations? They built their power not on Christianity (the Reformation had undermined that authority already.) They did it with taxes, big armies with professional soldiers, and roads.

many of the nations of europe were only symbolically unified under a king. Locally the lords often ran the show.

christianity isn't what defeated the muslims or huns, had rome not been christianized, they still would have been able to handle those incursions, and they wouldn't have collapsed

AND

it was pagans who sacked rome

Trying to go back to paganism is as ridiculous as suggesting we go back to pre-Newtonian physics: it'd be nothing more than a backwards step. What you need to understand is that monotheism (namely, Christianity) didn't just replace paganism: it rendered it redundant.

Pagans lost the argument. Go read classical literature from the period (Augustine's City of God is a good place to start). They got absolutely blown the fuck out by decent scholarship. The pagan position was shown to be logically untenable.

Furthermore, one of the main reasons why paganism lost is because it was fucking degenerate: people left in droves because it was nothing more than drunken Bacchian festivals and Dionysian orgies. Paganism never provided a moral framework, the morality of ancient Europe was that of the philosophers who, by and large, shunned and mocked polytheism. It was all ritual and pomp without any actual ethics.

>religion
>logic

filtered.

That's your religion, varg.

Make you sure you suck extra dick to get the strong odin magic.

romans converted, clovis converted, charlemagne unified the first empire since the romans under the cross, and so on ... they are the people who "made europe great again" after the chaos of the dark ages following the fall of the roman empire. the whole european concept of god given royalty expanded from that. european chistianity and it's monks and monasteries that spread all over europe came from that.

anyways you dont have to take my word. i strongly suggest not just you but anyone to read up about the 400-1000 european period as it's quite fascinating and doesnt get as much spotlight as the roman empire.

rosswolfe.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/david-f-greenberg-the-construction-of-homosexuality-1988.pdf

No real sources from actual pagan records. Objectively biased toward those attacking paganism

You have to be truly autistic to not realize that mythology is allegorical. Pagans (and just about every other older culture) that seminal fluid is extremely sacred and should not be wasted with non-marital sex or masturbation.

youth-suicide.com/gay-bisexual/semen/05-semen-spirituality-india-china.htm

Please, stop taking yourself and everything around you so seriously.

You're that butthurt guy from the last thread, no?
Paganism could be cool if there was a distinction between religion and culture and paganism wasn't a catchall term for Pre-Christian Europe.

Are you really suggesting that it's not possible to make a logical argument in favour of one metaphysical conception of the universe over another? Am I to take it that, say, Aristotle's Metaphysics or Aquinas' Summa have absolutely no value to you?

You may not agree with religion, but it's absurd to suggest that some religions aren't more logically tenable than others.

you can apply social darwinism to religions rising and falling but not logic.
Also wouldn't that imply that paganism and islam are winning now, since they're the fastest growing religions in europe at the expense of christian membership?

That is a tragically disingenuous characterization of pagan Europe. It's like you're approaching the discussion only from the literature you're recommending. Western law is built, not on Christendom, but on a mixture of Roman and Germanic law that is much older than Christianity.

>proper nations started with the rise Protestantism

american history programs i guess ...

I took drugs to find jesus and met woden

>Paganism is logically untenable
and this is assuming that Christianity is any different? At least paganism makes internal sense, Christians could never make up their damn minds and simply chose what parts they wanted to believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=EKS2e3-z2js

I think the issue seems to be a difference in how we define "unified"

>Sea kang ritual gang rape and human sacrifice

Six men entered the pavilion and all had intercourse with the slavegirl.65
They laid her down beside her master and two of them took hold of
her feet, two her hands. The crone called the “Angel of Death” placed a
rope around her neck in such a way that the ends crossed one another
(mukh¢alafan) and handed it to two to pull on it. She
advanced with a broad-bladed dagger and began to thrust it in and out
between her ribs, now here, now there, while the two men throttled her
with the rope until she died.66

library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/montgo1.pdf

Nordic pagans were human sacrificing savages, much like the Aztecs, but without the advanced science and architecture.

Anglo-Saxon Paganism is indistinguishable from Norse Paganism.
Anglo-Saxons were identical to Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians.
Stop posting pro-Catholic Shieldmaides.

Larping general?

>had rome not been christianized
>implying rome fell because of christiniaty

yall need to read actual history books ...

Can you guys elaborate?

pagan religion is essentially mythology mixed with superstitious tradition, it doesn't even purport to make any logical claims

Christianity disciplines the mind.
It was this discipline that made it impossible as they saw it to be rational Christians.
Paganism will become LARPing Atheism. Its ideals will lead to Nihilism, just as Christianity's did. You should seek solidarity with The Good instead of trying to place the burden on an ideology.

Ditch the edgy neopaganism.
Take the Saint Pill.

Guzzle that jizz, just like your god did.

What makes Paganism LARPing and not Christianity?

>library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/montgo1.pdf
written by a muslimboo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan

>Arab
Gee wiz, other cultures surely never demonize ours to make theirs seem better.

>you can apply social darwinism to religions rising and falling but not logic.
Bullshit. Classical philosophy is filled with metaphysical arguments favouring one position over another using logical principles.

>>Also wouldn't that imply that paganism and islam are winning now, since they're the fastest growing religions in europe at the expense of christian membership?
No. I didn't suggest that a religion necessarily wins because it's more logical, but in the late Roman Empire that was largely the case. Islam may have won Northern African through conquest, but Christianity won the Italian peninsula through scholarship.

pagans larp as europeans, christians larp as arabs

That is not even remotely what I typed. Nations were built on taxes, armies, and infrastructure. Protestantism, and especially the Thirty Years' War, did irreparable damage to the power of *all* Christian clergy in relation to governing. I would question French history when it was France that was, arguably, the greatest example of this. That's who gave the Grand Siècle it's name. Truly unified nations were not built on religion, but out of authoritarian power - the same Leviathan that Hobbes describes. It had ceased to answer to the clergy.

>Western law is built, not on Christendom, but on a mixture of Roman and Germanic law that is much older than Christianity.
I never said otherwise.

This, I've realized that Judeo-Christian values are holding us back in a big way. The moment we step out of the cuckshed that is hebrew theology is the moment we can reach for the stars.