Brit/pol/ - Papers edition

>Leftists in Britain cry about President Zlumpf
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/donald-trump-travel-ban-march-london-downing-street-edinburgh-glasgow-oxford-manchester-leeds-a7554271.html

>May satisfies her pro-EU MPs with promises of a watered-down Brexit, paving the way for an easy A50 trigger
theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/30/brexit-bill-to-pass-without-amendment-as-tory-rebels-back-off

>ARE NUTT: "Trump's immigration measures are arbitrary"
express.co.uk/news/world/760707/Paul-Nuttall-Ukip-Donald-Trump-extreme-immigration-measures-look-arbitrary

>Now Labour is the party divided by the EU
politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2017/01/30/the-labour-split-on-article-50-was-on-full-display-over-the

>"I used to sneer at Lib Dems, now I've joined them" - Can the Milkman be stopped?
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/29/why-i-joined-the-liberal-democrats-prisons-madonna

>Prince Charles urges to tackle Trump over climate change
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/29/prince-charles-climate-change-trump-visit-britain

>Blairite backbenchers try to force a referendum on the Single Market
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-labour-mps-force-vote-single-market-parliament-article-50-theresa-may-wes-streeting-chuka-a7553091.html

>Tory MP apologises for woofing at Paki SNP MP
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38801422

Other urls found in this thread:

politics.co.uk/news/2014/04/29/boris-johnson-attacks-crazy-immigration-crackdown
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/05/immigration-london-sparta_n_5450256.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10404421/Boris-I-am-the-only-British-politician-who-will-admit-to-being-pro-immigration.html
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-backs-illegal-immigrants-amnesty-as-he-hints-he-may-run-for-third-term-as-london-mayor-8683014.html
aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/altruism.html
petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178844
youtube.com/watch?v=XIlsMKu67q0
dailymotion.com/video/x2epyza_stewart-lee-harry-potter_fun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Concepts_of_Liberty
youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imperial Leather

You guys! I finally landed my dream job in UK and am moving to Tower Hamlets in March! I'm finally going to be an Englishman! Who wants to pop down to the pub one day for a pint and show me around the area? I could use some new friends.

>World may be flat after all

Real thread

>thread wars

Cut myself

why are there no arguments against ayn rand and Objectivism other than ad hom and false info

>WHAT VALUES? WE WENT TO WAR FOR NO 'VALUES'

>WE WENT TO WAR TO TRY AND MAINTAIN OUR POSITION AS A WORLD POWER

>AND THANKS TO THE WAR WE LOST OUR POSITION AS A WORLD POWER

If her philosophy was so great then why did her marriage break down because of it?

USE THIS THREAD
→ →
→ →

To that pro-abortion guy from last thread who ignored me when I asked how and why "a person owns their body", want to take a shot mate?

>Trump is anti-semetic

fuck off

If someone is in favour of literally murdering a baby don't expect much sense from them.

anyone check out a protest tonight ?
poast stories

USE THIS THREAD
→ → → →
→ → → →

OP OF THIS THREAD IS YKTD THE FAGGOT TRIPCUNT

There was one in my city centre but I didn't fancy having an argument with loads of people who consider shouting in your ear a valid form of argument.

Yer daft cunt

Basedly So put tomorrow's papers in this one, you're shit out of luck laddo

>tfw brit/pol/ dies because all the mongs post in the wrong thread

So I'm sat here playing Pokemon like a right infantile cunt, and I'm using Wonder Trade (basically you pick a pokemon to swap with a random person across the globe) - I'm sending good stuff, rare starters fresh off Bank, and literally EVERY single black/brown-skinned player has sent me utter shite back. Absolutely no standards from these nogs, altruism is an alien concept. Is this our globalised low-trust society in action?

we met some gen Z kids ( most conservative generation TM) with maga hats and watched some redpilled guy take on all the protesters in debate and they all ran away eventually

>Is this our globalised low-trust society in action?
No, just niggers being cunts as usual

meant to quote

>Johnson warns MPs not to demonize Trump or compare him to Hitler
Dare I say it...

The amount of bastard times I've had to do this one tonight

He told a journalist on the train before the polls had even closed that Remain had won with a smile on his face

politics.co.uk/news/2014/04/29/boris-johnson-attacks-crazy-immigration-crackdown
>"The government should allow hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants living in the UK to become British citizens"
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/05/immigration-london-sparta_n_5450256.html
>London will fall like the Greek city of Sparta if it turns away immigrants like the ancient militaristic regime which "kicked people out", Boris Johnson has said. David Cameron's pledge to bring down immigration into the tens of thousands was a"policy failure" and should never have been attempted, the Mayor said.
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10404421/Boris-I-am-the-only-British-politician-who-will-admit-to-being-pro-immigration.html
>"Boris Johnson has declared that he is probably the only politician in Britain willing to “stand up and say” that they are pro-immigration. "
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-backs-illegal-immigrants-amnesty-as-he-hints-he-may-run-for-third-term-as-london-mayor-8683014.html
>"Boris Johnson put himself at odds with the Conservative leadership today as he backed giving an amnesty to illegal immigrants who have been in Britain for 12 years."
Before he became mayor of London, Johnson, who is now campaigning for Britain to leave the EU and says he supports tougher controls on migration into the UK, made an impassioned case for Turkey to be admitted to an enlarged EU in a 2006 film named The Dream of Rome.

“I believe our generation has a historic chance not just to reunite the two halves of the Roman Empire, but to build a bridge between the Islamic and the Christian worlds,” he said in the documentary, which compares the EU to the Roman Empire.

you mised it cos you ran away son

>I'm finally going to be an Englishman!
>an Englishman
Dropped

wasn't to do with Objectivism

le trump man made his hat in china so now you can't be against mass immigration

i am very intelligent

here you are

You need to shug

aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/altruism.html

Are you serious user? I don't know much about London but I know Tower Hamlets is a shithole

Go away porridge wog

WTF! I am now a disarmed Corbyn missile

>black/brown skinned people
>expecting any sort of good result from interacting with those players

have you not been to a major UK city before in your life. Literally I dont know how people can be alive, british, and not racist right now.

please point out if I have overlooked something

becuase her vagina war as dry as the Kalahari desert.

Yes yes, I have seen this several times. Was being a bit facetious tbqh, though it is good that he's standing up for Trump

Having a cup of tea and a tunnocks teacake lads

Why you...

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178844

50K lads

Is our beloved Shakespeare really not what they tell you?

We start from completely different conceptions of life. You have a rather cold soulless conception in your reference to beings as "meat puppets" who have no intrinsic purpose other than to fulfill their material needs. To me, I look at individual humans not as isolated entities but as part of a long genetic and cultural continuum, my sense of morality comes from the affirmation of life and existence, abortion is a negation of existence and while I can see the practical and material arguments for it but the type of thinking that underpins people who are for full unrestricted abortion seems entirely focused on the physical and the material and nothing beyond that.

Besides anything else, it seems a bit silly to sign a petition in support of something that is already agreed upon by the Prime Minister and will be done

>Shakespeare

>will be done

>May has put the Queen in a "very difficult position" and should downgrade Trump's invitation from a state visit to spare her further controversy, the former head of the Foreign Office says.

>It's another "The Queen succumbs to pressure from people who would guillotine her anyway" episode

>forum full of male virgins arguing about female sexual agency/bodily autonomy

hmmmm

Where did it all go wrong?

;_;

I look forward to any visit by him, will be fun to watch.

If people only cared and acted upon things that directly affected them then the world would be a much poorer place. "What does it have to do with you" is not an argument.

tough

if you're bitter and resentful towards women then the abortion debate does directly affect you

And yet most people here are isolationists/non-interventionists

Where were you when America fell?

youtube.com/watch?v=XIlsMKu67q0

It's a moral, cultural and political discussion. Ideas are what matter. If ideas are strong then they win, regardless of who says them, whether they have a penis or not, or whether they ever use it.

Not wanting to bomb another country into submission does not constitute not caring.

I never said anything about being bitter or resentful.

Strawman.

Not an argument.

>tfw don't know whether to hate Blairites or the alt-right more

Who was in the wrong here?

dailymotion.com/video/x2epyza_stewart-lee-harry-potter_fun

What should we do about the NHS? It's obviously going to shit...

I, er, we, 24 hours, if the PFIs, the funds.. Management! National treasure, Clement Attlee, fairer society

>Tory MP apologises for woofing at Paki SNP MP

women can literally get away with murder in most of the civilised world because men want to fuck them and capitulate to them to facilitate this

ideas don't mean shit my dude, power is what matters and women will use their sexual power to win regardless of how good your arguments are (incidentally this is the only reason why 99% of posters on this website are interested in this topic)

go into a public place and tell a woman in the middle of an abortion debate she's strawmanning and see how far that gets you retard

Adding to this: female bodily autonomy already exists 100%. Copying from my other post: It's a woman's responsibility to ensure she doesn't get knocked up. Don't consent to men fucking you without condoms, and/or other contraceptives. All impregnation other than rape is the result of a woman consenting to an act which carries a risk of pregnancy. Safest option? Don't have sex, with men at least

Uhhhhh just borrow and/or print more money to shovel at it you fucking racist bigot?

>Barre chords in every picture
Fucking typical

>writes entire series of childrens books that has amongst other threads, a tale of lonely socially awkward people
>builds entire story on how someone who was previously lonely and unwanted eventually came to save the world
>LOL WHAT A LONELY VIRGIN

What a bitch.

Youre welcome to your left-wing opinion my friend, but the idea that ones parents, ancestors, or wider society have any right at all in how a person treats the cells of his or her body, is profoundly intrusive.

Your position is related to the Stalinist argument, that the state owns the person, and has a prescriptive right on what that person may or may not do.

The best I can do for you is to point out that the form of left-wing liberty you are advocating is identified as 'Negative liberty', ie 'what one may not do.'

I am advocating Positive liberty- what a person with intrinsic and/or given rights can do, not what they cannot.

Most philosophers of liberty however recognise that a functioning society requires a balance of positive and negative liberties.

Neither. That's a very true quote; le frog man is right to apply it to Trump; and Rowling is (probably) right to call him a lonely virgin

I've always liked Stewart Lee as a comedian, I disagree almost completely with his political views but he is very skilled.

Strange how the more laws that are made to 'correct' it the worse it gets.

I'd keep it public, but strip back on targets, and put admin back in and let doctors be doctors. But hey, what do I know?

>go into a public place and tell a woman in the middle of an abortion debate she's strawmanning and see how far that gets you retard
But that's not what this debate is about, your argument about me theoretically bringing up the strawman in a debate with someone is it's self a strawman.

Nationalise basic healthcare, everything else is private with poorer people given state subsidies. NHS was designed to help give everyone crutches and paracetamol not AIDs medicine and expensive surgeries.

You seem to be avoiding my point. Anyone can be involved in a discussion, and ideas are what are important in discussion, and that's why people are here discussing this topic. Do ideas matter in reality, in this society? Not very much at all. But it would be ridiculous to draw any sort of conclusion that men or virgins shouldn't express views.

WHY DOES BRITISH POLITICS MOVE SO FUCKING SLOOOOWWWWWW

WE VOTES OUT IN FUCKING JUNE AND WE'RE STILL PISSING AROUND THE FIRE

threadsplitters

"As for Otanes, he wished neither to rule nor to be ruled — the exact opposite of Aristotle's notion of true civic liberty... [This ideal] remains isolated and, until Epicurus, undeveloped... the notion had not explicitly emerged".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Concepts_of_Liberty

Agreed. He's undoubtedly one of the most skilled stand ups alive, if not the most skilled. The audience is like putty and his material is one of a kind.
It's a shame that he's a limp-wristed faggot.

Mandala effect in action. Spooky how this is always the way its been since the Bogdanoff affair.

I wonder how much money would suddenly appear if people had to pay for alcohol and obesity-related treatments.

It was not necessarily a vote to LEAVE the European Union so much as it was a vote to disassociate ourselves from it; that is to say go global in our internationalist outlook to culture (which is that of a shared European heritage) and economics in general.

Spreading this divisive lie that the Leave campaign won due to fears over national sovereignty or immigration are now illegal, it is time for the country to come together and accept that we WILL make a success of this red, white and blue Brexit and forge our own path in the world as the financial Whore of Babylon

>calling me a leftist and a stalinist
>not knowing that abortion was monstrously common in the USSR

Also as for,
>the idea that ones parents, ancestors, or wider society have any right at all in how a person treats the cells of his or her body, is profoundly intrusive

So how on Earth do we approach child rearing? By your logic the mere act of parenting, of telling a child what is right and wrong, guiding them and telling them what to do and what not to do would be "profoundly intrusive"

>Trump didn't kill off TPP
>commiecucks are this determined to make him into the bad guy even when he's helping working men

You really have to have the ability to filter out the politics sometimes.

This is one of my favourite bits of his
youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY

"Fucking asshole fixing the country around us"
"Thanks for the prosperity and security, SHITLORD"

Yh Pepe shouldnt have been mean to JK. He should have gone high and let her go low. man.

I like the Shillbottle - Shitbottle episode, and the entire Toilet Books episode of his Comedy Vehicle show. It's not available on YouTube or similar sites.

It's worth a watch though.