I'll give you a minute to solve this riddle, Sup Forums

I'll give you a minute to solve this riddle, Sup Forums

Jose can you see?????

>Pedro in Brazil still charges $5 for avocados

>Donald buys all his avocados fro Pedro now

>Jose has no choice but to buy widgets from Donald because he's a poor beaner

Who pays for the wall?

But that's not how it works faggot. When the price goes up in Mexico, it becomes cheaper to buy in America. That's the point. So people WON'T buy from Jose.

Also

>buying Avacado's from non local sources

shit brown fucked up avo's mate

Solution: Buy American avocados
Jose is out $5
Jose immigrates to US and starts his own US avocado business
MAGA

The person who bought the avocado somewhere else is the clear winner, along with the american company who had increased profits from the purchase.

Is that how much avocado's cost in Whole Foods in California? Damn.

John buys avocados from Brazil to force Jose to renegotiate

Mexico literally controls the avocado market, I've heard stories of the guac mafia that would chill you to the bone.

It wouldn't be a 20% tax that's unnecessarily high and was meant as an opening bid to distract the media.

A real tax would only have to be 2-5%

by the Don's early light?????

>people won't buy from Jose

Then the wall never gets built because jose sells elsewhere

See how this works?

The trick is that John isn't going to buy the avocado as much because it's too fucking expensive and Jose will be forced to either drop the price or lose product demand

>pay up Jose or we'll tax you more
Trump is straight up gangster. He learned from the NY families after all. Also coincidentally named the Don.

> Suddenly an American farmer figures out he can sell apples at $5.50 and take all of Jose's market
> The money that was leaving the country now goes towards the US apples industry
> This industry generates profits, and new jobs which create new profits, some of which are taxed
> This taxed money pays for the wall

literally no life without avocado

1. Jose sells an avacado to John for $5
2. Donald takes $1 from that sale.
3. If Jose raises to $6, Donald takes $1.20

Also, Mexico's ecology and economy are horribly ran in order to provide Americans with cheap produce, particularly avacados. If anything you should be heralding the action, which is a push for more locally sourced, sustainable agriculture.

You're also a fkn retard on economics not knowing how a tariff works.

This literally only works for Avocados because it is native to Mexico

Who actually gives a fuck about Avocados?

Californian farmer starts growing avocados again for 5 dollars

Jose has to eat the tax and take 4 dollars instead, or go out of business.

Also 20% of 6 bucks isn't a dollar the way 20% of 5 bucks is a dollar.

How do you retards not g--
>Australia

Oh.

But anyhow: if the taxes are going to pay for the wall? Either you are going to take the money to pay for it from Americans, or you are not going to have the money.

And we all know who leads it.

Nice

Fucking avocado

I think at that point John gestures suggestively at his nuclear arsenal - the most prolific and powerful in the world.

In this circumstance, the US made an error.
If he charged $6 and the US were entitled to 20%, he is actually $0.20 in debt to the US for every avocado he sells if he keeps his criminal bullshit up.

>avacodos do not in fact grow freely on trees in california and florida

>buying anything grown in mexico

literally who does this other than liberals and beaners?

liberals and beaners will pay for the wall.

And across the wall is an avocado which is just 5 dollars.
People buy that one, and Jose is still fucked out of the dollar he spent to put it to market.

It's like you morons don't understand basic trade policy or something.

Nobody imposes a tariff on something which doesn't make their own alternatives more competitive.

>john decides $6 is too much for an avocado
>he decides to buy to peruvian and dominican avocados for much less
>jose doesn't make shit, joins the cartels and is eventually chainsawed on youtube
>other, more competitive mexican producers pay for the wall with the products they export to the usa
solved

john sells avacados in usa for 5.50. money stays in usa.

send jose and 100 million other mexicans to israel

$6 avocado? Ha no thanks.
Oh an American grown Avocado for $5, sorry Jose I these are just cheaper

>implying mexico wont cave before their economy is destroyed
>implying theres not other ways to make mexico pay (remittance tax)

John aint paying no fucking 6 dollarinos for an avocado you fucking idiot.

>Jose sells elsewhere
>73% of Mexico exports are to the US
I wonder how comes Jose isn't selling elsewhere already mmmm? Really spins up my avocados

Jose raises the price to $6.

Jose sells less avacados due to simple supply/demand curve.

Total economy of Mexico has so many Jose's it becomes more cost effective to pay for the wall than to suffer the loss in sales from the avacados.

>the amount of people on Sup Forums who don't understand how donald can strong-arm mexico into becoming caramel slaves.

Sad. Truly a disgrace.

>jose sells avacado at 5 bucks
>price is raised
>less avocados bought
>Jose has to lower price to offset price to not lose busines
>Paco and jose pay for wall

you know who eats Mexican food?

commies

Dont be stupid user. Avocados dont grow on brazil.

until consumers stop buying over priced mexican shit and thus imports slow to a grind thus crushing the already weak mexican economy while only causing a minor inconvienits for americans due to muh lack of some fruits.

>John, his family, and the rest of his neighborhood quit buying from Jose until he goes bankrupt.

John doesn't buy Josés god damn avocado because he's not a retard. John buys American produce instead. Others do the same and soon countless Mexican businesses are operating under much lower revenue. The Mexican government eventually gives in and pays for the wall.

You forgot the part where John starts buying his avocados from California or Florida for $5.50 and Jose makes no income

tfw Trump inadvertently tricked liberals into actually thinking through the implications of taxation for once

Jose pays for the wall.
Home grown American avocado is 5$.
John buys American avocado instead as it is cheaper.
Jose now loses customers.
Jose pays for wall, or this tariff continues fucking him over.

>Mexico is the only country to have avocados
>they don't Have competition
>implying demand will stay if prices rise
Jose would go out of business real quick by trying slick shit like rising prices and thinking no one would notice

How can Jap posters be so consistently based?

fpbp

for once a leaf I don't want to rake

1.Jose sell's an avocado to John

2.Donald imposes a 20% border tax, so that "Mexico pays for the wall".

3. Now Jose sells the avocado to John for $5 + 20% = $6

4. John instead decides to buy an avocado from Tim for $5.50

5. Jose begs Donald to let him pay for the wall instead of taxing his avocados.

6. Donald laughs as Jose is beheaded by the local cartel.

Jose now has to make a new infrastructure in order to transport those elsewhere to sell. His costs go up due to this. Jose now wonders why he did not just pay for the fucking wall.

20 percent of 6 dollars is 1.20 dumbass.

The Peso drops...

the purchasing power of the dollar is now higher relative to the peso...

An avacado now costs less than before the 20% tariff.

Who pays for the wall?

Oh, and it gets better. Florida now home-grows avacados because of the tariff on Mexico, which creates America jobs... further decreasing the need for Mexican imports, and further reducing the peso.

Get fucked, faggot.

MUH AVOCADO MURRICANS ALL GONNA STAAAAAARVE

Jose isn't the only seller of the avocado and the avocado isn't the only food item

He assumed you'd be able to make the same leap that Pedro will when he realizes "Oh shit I'm losing >70% of my business!"

>Jose sells avocado to John
That should read, "John doesn't buy the overpriced protoguac and Jose gets beheaded by the cartel."

You assholes were ripping us in avocado trade for all my life and I never realized. Recently I had the chance to purchase some avocados that were shipped back from your country and they're of a quality I had never seen before; apparently we were always exporting the best avocados and the ones we were keeping to ourselves were second class. You assholes are worst than the chinese, fuck you.

>Consumers stop buying Jose's avocados because they're now overpriced garbage
>Jose can either lower the price or go out of business
>Jose pays for the wall

How the fuck did we miss this? This was Jeb's plan all along. With guac prices rising he's going to be filthy rich. He can just Soros his way to the presidency with all that money.

Idiot.

>Emperor Trump puts a 20% tax on José's widgets
>José raises his price to $6 to cover the tax
>American citizen now goes to Tom's widgets to fill his widget cravings
>after normal fees, José lost 100k, and can't repay his cartel patron, since he has no widget sales
>José is found dead a week later, Tom is flourishing, everyone has their needed widgets

Why aren't we getting avocados for California?

Jose is such a beautiful name

Technically not incorrect. But makes me ashamed still.

This may be a stupid question, but companies that produce vehicles in Mexico..does a 20% terrif apply to them to? Or only Mexican based companies/individuals?

It's time to sell China those avocados, I bet they'll love them

its still johns dollar coming out of joses pocket jose didnt lose money he just made less of a profit john lost money unless I'm retarded I'm not gonna front history was my favorite subject

He was telling us all along.

Slow and steady.

>jose wants to sell me his avocado for 5$
>tariff makes it 6$
>buy Florida avocado for 5$
>jose gets zero

Whats with you people and advocates? I maybe eat 5 a year.

how does he keep getting away with it

>consumers decide paying $6 for an avocado isn't worth it
>less people buy avocados
>Jose had a surplus of avocados
>Jose sells his avocados for $4
>20% goes to USA

Or

>food companies enegeer a new selection of avocados that's grow in the us
>Jose lowers his prices of avocados

It's now 20% of $6. Keep raising that price Jose, more money for the wall.

No. They cost at most $2.

probably because half are in the US army

JOSE AND JOEY SELL AVOCADOS

JOSE CAN SELL AN AVOCADO FOR $5 A PIECE

JOEY SELLS AVOCADOS $5.5 A PIECE

JOSE GETS HIS ASS TAXED AT 20%

JOSE NOW SELLS AVOCADOS FOR $6

JOEY IS A RED BLOODED AMERICAN AND DOESNT NEED TO PAY ANY BORDER TAX

JOEY IS NOW MORE COMPETITIVE AND DOMINATES THE AVOCADO MARKET

JOSE GETS ECONOMICALLY BEAT OUT

THE TRADE DEFICIT REDUCES AND THE AMERICAN GROWS

WHO PAYS FOR THE WALL?

read

this

A capitalist with common sense.

I like you user.

People Californian avacodos, Juan goes broke demands Mexico to pay for the wall

We are their biggest importer of avocados too. Don't think because you got a supply that it can't be made elsewhere.

Which is actually a pretty ducking good idea. Fuck José, I make them stateside now.

>amerifat consumer goes to store with $15 budget to spend on high fat avocados

>amerifat consumber can only buy 2 avocados for $12

>jose loses $5

>jose is angry at Mexican government for not simply paying for wall, this hard headed approach is costing millions, billions to mexicans

>amerifat paid $2 for wall, saved $3 overall

>amerifat reduces caloric intake since they only ate 2 avocados instead of 3

>amerifat loses a little bit of weight, thus reducing their risk for coronary heart disease

MASA
Make America Skinny Again

Nobody since we will now sell those avocados to China.

avocados suck anyway, it's a meme vegetable/fruit

WOW YOU MEAN HE COULD HAVE BEEN CHARGING $6 THIS WHOLE TIME!?!? WHY NOT CHARGE $20 PER AVOCADO, THAT'S JUST MORE PROFIT!!1!

Sounds like you're a faggot that doesn't understand equilibrium pricing. He won't sell as much.

>john sees american seller of avocados.
>5$ here still, 6$ in mexico now.
>John buys American.

BUILD.
THAT.
WALL.

Jose gets outbid by Jesse who sells his avocados at 5$ with no 20% tax. Jose still has to pay 4$ to the cartels to let him keep his land. Jesse keeps all 5$ and pays 2$ for tax towards the U.S. Jose made 1$ profits after Trump Tax and Cartle. Jesse made 3$.

Jose anheros from depression and finances while is little juanita sells here body to American Construction workers that are working on the wall. If Jose knew about the future, Jose would willingly pay all 5$ for the wall if his daughter can legally enter the U.S

Only if it's overseas. That is why most foreign cars actually have plants here in the US.

My "American" Ford was built in Mexico. It would be hit with a tariff. My "Nipponese" Mazda was built in Michigan. It would avoid the extra taxes.

Smart American buy another fruit for 5$ and Mexico doesnt get shit. Mexico gets less profit. Mexico pays for the wall.
/thread

Pedro can sell less avocados at a higher price or he can sell the same number of avocados at less profit. Pedro's choice. Same result.

headlines soon..
>tariffs trigger refugee tsunami into mexico
>morbidly obese avocado starved americans try to cross border
>their mobility scooters get stuck on the non-handicap accessible lower sections of the american-paid US-Mexico wall
>missile turrets tearing them to shreds
>much freedom, many choices :DDDD
>nobody came to the funeral because avocado-withdrawal induced madness has taken over large parts of the country

yeah, and american business still grows

you need to read up what a trade deficit is

the idea is that there is competition in America that Mexican companies will have to cut profits in order to stay competitive

>I've heard stories of the guac mafia

Except the part where John doesn't pay 6$ for your overpriced avocado and buys else where from other countries for lesser or from inside their own country (california grows avocados).

No one pays Jose for his shitty avocados. Jose better look for new fucking trading partners or go out of business. Riddle solved.

>Making Mexico Pay
>He thinks he can make a Mexican pay his debts
top lel

Was there even a hiccup in your brainwashing when you switched from "He's not going to build a wall!" to "Mexico won't pay for the wall"?

That's not how they're gonna pay for it, fuckin' commie. We're going to start buying our shit elsewhere because it'll be too expensive to buy from Mexico.

they do you retard

jesus christ america