BUILD THAT RAIL!

BUILD THAT RAIL!

I want my wall as much as anyone else, but politically I want to spend my capital elsewhere. I think we should rebrand the wall to be a comprehensive infrastructure campaign. This means first and foremost HIGH SPEED PASSENGER AND CARGO RAIL ALONG THE SOUTHERN BORDER.

This high-tech rail will be a boon for our economy, especially considering it will be built with AMERICAN STEEL. In addition to the Southern Rail we should begin work on a Northern Rail that spans our northern border.

If we sprinkle in some more funds that MAKE AMERICAN ROADS AND BRIDGES GREAT AGAIN we will be on the road to untold prosperity.

Once ALL Americans see how great investing in America is, our wall will build itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc2rvarail.com/
ncdot.gov/projects/sehsr/
dot.ga.gov/IS/Rail/AtlantatoCharlotte
discord.gg/aRUeR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We can build a train on the top of the wall?

Bumping for a cool map.

Infrastructure thread include space elevator, yes?

That is the right way to think! Everyone wants high speed rail, we want a wall.

LET'S MEME IT INTO REALITY!

The Great Wall of China is wide enough to drive a car on, so why not? If Chinks can build a wall 2x larger than the US-Mexico border over 2,000 years ago we can do it better today with our modern technology.

[autisic screeching intensifies]

but really the GOP will allow states to privatize highways which will mean a huge boost in rail investment as tolls are implemented

Space elevators will give America the biggest technological advantage since the Internet (which King Nigger sold to the EU).

MAKE AMERICAN INFRASTRUCTURE GREAT AGAIN!

Seriously OP, how do we make this happen?

I propose we call it AmRail and meme it into existence.

>yfw the wall doubles as the base of a space elevator

this is the best american timeline

Grids are always the way op. you can ad lines, its not so crooked and messy. faster, better, easier. don't need to connect a lot of those cities. you can if you wish with a grid.

>tfw everything meeting in Chicago
>tfw not in the Crossroads of America, Indianapolis

kek.

Fuck Idaho.

those are only good for non-passenger

if they're passenger all that does is make people have 50 layovers and is awful for the consumer

have you ever gone on a train before?

>trying to use perfect grids on the surface of a giant sphere

not going to work hombre. that isn't even taking into account terrain that is so demanding it would just be easier and cheaper to reroute the rail line

One thing New Gingrich was right about was a moon base.

A moon base is absolutely crucial to our future of space exploration. One of, if not the biggest issues for space travel is the cost of launching something from earth's atmosphere. It requires a massive amount of fuel to push just small objects up there (see Saturn Rockets, which unfortunately we haven't really advanced past because the death of the space program). Having a facility on the moon that would be able to be self sufficient that could house space craft would be absolutely huge.

Maybe someday Newt, maybe someday.

If it's wide enough, then, theoretically, yeah. Actually, If the train runs atop the wall, then you would have a harder time climbing over the tracks without getting killed. Not to mention there might be guardrails on the sides and the fall would probably kill you anyway... BUILD THE WALL EXPRESS

why is this UNITED STATES rail system going into canada and mexico

you forgot all the mountains lakes and rivers they have to pass through

fucktarded spur to Salt Lake
why not run the red line directly through and then have it swing down to vegas
>purple line in general
Fuck the Leafs, just have the white line run in Detroit
>Mexican stations
better be one way only, THEY HAVE TO GO BACK

I want to see multiple space elevators creating the anchor for an orbital fabrication ring to build our fucking space fleet

the stars belong to humanity

"high speed rail" is a boondoggle.

california has been shovelling $6 million a day into the fire, every day, weekends and holidays included on "high speed rail" for nearly a decade and we have yet to see a single train travel a single mile of track.

"high speed rail" only works in intensively planned economies, servicing a few distant locations with no stops between.

in america, every small town, podunk village and two bit truckstop with a post office will expect the train to stop there so they can get a slice of the pie.
as a result "high speed rail" becomes normal speed rail, and the feds already dump billions per year into that rat hole.

"high speed rail" is a gravy train with biscuit wheels for developers, land speculators, pork barrel politicians and contractors, but in the end it is a waste of money.

you can build a 6 lane freeway for less per mile and the users will fund it with their gas taxes instead of having to empty the coffers into the pockets of a few well connected fat cats.

Investing in America is worthless because it's near it's very roman collapse. Also not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

Yet airplane still faster, and we don't have to build a ton of shit since its already up and running.

>wanting the government in charge of making a passenger rail system

you must not be familiar with california or you wouldn't be asking for this

A rail system like this would be hugely beneficial to the development of infrastructure and transportation in the South, especially the Carolinas, Georgia, Virginia, and Alabama. I'm all for it, those are 5 of the fastest growing states in the nation.

High speed rail on a country as spread out as america is stupid

A line up each coast would be viable, but across is just silly

> derp derp derp
> duh ebil republicans ib gunna privatize teh roadz!

citation needed faggot.
out here in the west we have no toll roads to speak of, while you east coast faggots drive on PRIVATELY BUILT ROADS, not "privatized" national highways.

any attempt to turn public roads into a privately owned honeypot would be soundly rejected by the voters, and would be anathema to the very basic tenets of republicanism.

if you want to whine about toll roads, complain to your representatives who didnt build any fucking roads, and then bitch and complain when private interests do.

>Wanting Californians to be able to move into your state cheaper and faster
no thanks

Wouldn't the logistics for keeping the plethora of satellites from hitting the ring be astronomically difficult?

If you're serious, then write to your legislator and ask them to support highway privatization. Everything else will flow from there.

You're in luck because SEHSR is slowly starting to take form in the form of three projects (Richmond-DC commuter rail, Ralehiegh-Richmond HSR, and Altanta-Chattanoga HSR).

dc2rvarail.com/

ncdot.gov/projects/sehsr/

dot.ga.gov/IS/Rail/AtlantatoCharlotte

Anyway, Newt has long wanted to create an Atlanta Amtrak hub (ala Chicago, NYC or Los Angeles) which is now within reach.

This is retarded the reason most people would use this is to go up and down the east and west coast and you completely destroy that with those grids.

Enjoy "disappearing' one of these times user out at sea

>out here in the west we have no toll roads to speak of

Wrong. Caltrans has exploited loopholes in USDOT policy to build paid HOV lanes. They'd expand the program into full-blown toll roads if given the opportunity.

>if you want to whine about toll roads, complain to your representatives who didnt build any fucking roads, and then bitch and complain when private interests do.

Guess what, highways are one of the few pieces of infrastructure in America not privately owned or operated. This will likely change over the next eight years. It'll mean more rail investment as a result.

Oh here we go again, muh rails. Go move to Europe faggit.

privatizing the national highways system is bullshit.

train touts like you might want it, but nobody else does.

i dont give a wet shit about your fetish for the romance and charm of rail travel, if you like that shit, ride the amtrak, or BART system basking in the pungent aromas of bum urine and curry muncher feces, i for one will keep my car.

not really, we already know their orbital paths and altitudes

France, us and the Japs tried selling you high speed railways including meme tier monorails since forever, never worked since burgers just fly for everything that's further than 300 miles and drive to anything under. A bunch of ancient connections is all congress will allow budget wise.

>building a rail through the rocky mountains in Colorado
Good luck with that. With all the snow and ice we get up here, trains won't be able to pass through without someone clearing it off. Not to mention Colorado is entirely above sea level, and most the western part of the state can be anywhere from 8000 to 11000 feet above sea level, which would cause most of you faggots to get altitude sickness.

> paid hov lanes
a pilot program, only in sf, la and san diego
paid for BY THE DEVELOPERS operating in parallel to the state highways that feed them.

why must you be such a lying sack of shit?

you have no idea about america if you think that shit is better

>train touts like you might want it, but nobody else does.

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio openly endorsed the idea when USDOT got their latest infusion of cash in 2015. They want to build upon the toll road model that has already proven to be successful in their own respective states. More broadly speaking Republicans support it because it means less government spending and Democrats support it because it means better urban land use and higher transit utilization.

>i dont give a wet shit about your fetish for the romance and charm of rail travel, if you like that shit, ride the amtrak, or BART system basking in the pungent aromas of bum urine and curry muncher feces, i for one will keep my car.

Then you can pay a toll like New Yorkers, Texans, and Floridians do. Stop being so Californian.

You want to steal from people, and use the money to build A FUCKING TRAIN?

Fuck you

well Amtrak already has a few stations in Canada so it's not that much of a stretch. although with all the shit currently going down with Mexico I doubt there would ever be any stations down there tho

A high-speed rail is more practical for short-distance than a plane. Flying between Charlotte and Atlanta, for example, takes about and hour and a half because of the time it takes to leave/land at the two airports. A rail between the two would take about 2-2 and a half hours and be significantly cheaper. It may not be as fast but it's certainly more cost-efficient for most consumers. Also consider over medium distances you wouldn't have to wait on layovers, or worry about whether or not you'll make your flight.

a "pilot program" that covers over 100 miles in roads and affects over 10 million CA residents daily

>paid for BY THE DEVELOPERS operating in parallel to the state highways that feed them.

"in parallel" includes a paid HOV lane

>is all congress will allow budget wise
They could've had rails everywhere, but do you know how much the American car and oil companies would lose? This is why they never really bothered investing in public transportation, and why it's all private.

i already paid my toll, in highway taxes gas taxes property taxes, income taxes sales taxes. etc etc etc.
only morons would propose selling off a utility to private interests, it has never worked.

I mean, a lot of them would have to be adjusted though, correct? I'm assuming the ring wouldn't be at an altitude too much lower than many satellites.

>tfw you climb the wall and get hit by a train
>tfw I'm too lazy to put a face

Easilt avoided by not flying to Malaysia or Africa

An elevator would be at 500km height. satellites are 35000km away from earth.

add minneapolis to omaha you fuckin dick

do you live in 'quincy' or something?

>tfw chicago is once again a booming economy because of central location train hub

Please let this happen

Can the wall also be mobile and deployable?

Would a VTOL wall or a tank-treaded wall be a better idea?

Personally I like the idea of The Wall being a train track, base for a space elevator, and be a VTOL for speedy deployment.

Fuck off we're full.

There's already too much train traffic going through chicago.

>Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio openly endorsed
Wow, a whole train made out of butter! My wife would love it.

Who cares?

It would only work in a few corridors. West coast LA to SF and cities in between, Boston-NY-Washington DC, Midwest maybe twin cities to Chicago and towards Philadelphia.

No. Rail is a waste of money since we are way too big and there is a whole lot of nothing connecting the big cities.

Its cheaper to fly.

Now a high speed rail in New England only would be something to look into

WHY IS IT GOING IN TO TJ!!!111!!

I got a rail for ya

well there's already an Amtrak rout that goes through Denver and the rocky mountains. In theory it could be converted to high speed rail, it would just be expensive as fuck tho.

the reality is that you'll be sharing those trainlines with people who are hoodrats

you know that right?

sounds great when you're around your little hipster clique, but you gotta share that ride with losers

i'd be fine with it personally, but Sup Forums wouldn't like it and likely would refuse to ride!

America is way too big for a high speed rail to be effective.
It would be cheaper and faster for someone to fly from California to New York.

And it's not like there's tons of traffic to the fly over states.

O shit, I had no idea.

Let's do this shit then. I want a space ring to build a fleet on.

Crossroads of America has been St. Louis, MO for over 200 years.

If those lines were walls, I'd help fund it.

It works great for the government's budget, which is ultimately what matters. This is one of the few instances where both parties want to shrink the government.

Amtrak uses private security, not their own police force. This is one of the reasons why niggers and homeless people take buses instead.

First molten salt reactors, and now a high speed rail system. Trump is making the future.

Ignoring middle American cities is NOT the way to revitalize American industry.

Also,
> A

> 100 miles!!!!!!!

california has 400,000 miles of roads dipshit
100 miles IS a fucking pilot program.

the "paid hov lanes" run parallel to a few state highways, and feed to andfrom those roads, as a BYPASS for those who have more money than sense and want to dodge a mile or too of traffic congestion

they were bult and paid for BY THE OPERATORS under the supervision of Cal Trans as part of an experiment to see if they were feasible (so far they are not.)

most people would rather sit in traffic for 20 minutes than spend $20 to skip ahead a few miles just so they can get back in traffic to exit, and remain in traffic until they reach their destination.

i spent half my life between LA and San Francisco, , and i have driven coast to coast and back several times

of all the infuriating and hellish things i have experienced behind the wheel, eastern toll roads are the worst

the west is free, you cant fence us i!
go back to sucking dicks in the bathroom of your communist bookstore.

we dont cotton to the likes of you round here.

>Trump is building railways to eliminate the highway jew

Its like my wants and dreams are manifesting into reality.

A rare artifact, shitposting in print media. A true Australian national treasure

discord.gg/aRUeR
discord.gg/aRUeR
discord.gg/aRUeR

>sphere

expensive to maintain and ardous to build, japan has one but its because its a tiny island. could be worth while.

Japan is the size of the U.S. east coast, nig.

Yes please! I want buisness back in America. Now if we can put one on the wall, then it's the best thing to possibly happen.

>california has been shovelling $6 million a day into the fire, every day, weekends and holidays included on "high speed rail" for nearly a decade and we have yet to see a single train travel a single mile of track.

This sounds like the plot of True Detective; fuck that shit

Liberal non-voter here. That would be fucking fantastic. Wonder what the prices would be like.

>Not building a row of houses at the wall
>place all the army bases are the wall

>100 miles IS a fucking pilot program.

Those 100 miles include I-880 and I-580 in Alameda County, I-10 and I-5 in Los Angeles County. It's not a pilot program when it affects more than 10 million drivers.

>the "paid hov lanes" run parallel to a few state highways, and feed to andfrom those roads, as a BYPASS for those who have more money than sense and want to dodge a mile or too of traffic congestion

The Nimitz Freeway is usually backed up from Vacaville all the way into Berryessa during commute hours. Also, there are only five through roads into San Francisco (the PCH, 101, 80, 280, and El Camino).

>the west is free, you cant fence us i!

you're being a stereotypical Californian again

>Wall was built with nuclear rocket engines built in every 20 feet on each side

>2022
>6 years into Trump administration
>Cartels defeated
>Mexico Great Again
>President Trump casts his baleful gaze North

>2023
>Completion of the Wall Pipeline is under budget and ahead of schedule
>Completion of fueling is under budget and ahead of schedule
>Trump declares National Holiday "Wall Moving Day
>The world is watching
>White House Press Conference is called at the border of Mexico
>Trump declares the wall a success and is handed his sixth Nobel Peace Prize this year by the Mexican President
>Countdown begins
>Right as the countdown reaches zero, trump leans into the microphone
>"Canada, You're Fired"
>Slams his palm down on the big red, white and blue launch button
>Star Spangled Banner blasts from Dolby Atmos Speakers set up across the entire Mexican and Canadian Borders
>Wall belches atomic fire as it ascends into the sky
>All of the Midwest is treated to the spectacle of the entire wall flying across the heavens
>Slams down on Canadian/American Border
>Truedea cries extra hard that night while he watches his wife make love to refugees

Screencap this, History will redeem me

>discord.gg/aRUeR
its still like all compact cause of the mountains.

>all those rails centered around going to Miami
i live there and i still hate this idea

Faggot.

I was driving through the USA; I was so fucking pissed when I got to Illinois and they wanted me to pay stupid ass tolls to get through their shithole state with their retarded drivers and pothole infested roads.

check'd

They're converting the HOV lane on 880 to paid HOV bullshit.

When we build the space elevator we will get rid of free floating satellites. Orbital rings can be built at any altitude and any inclination, so we'd just hook payloads to the ring structures wherever we want them and let them hang in place rather than orbit.

After the first orbital ring elevator (around $450B), successive rings cost only about $1-2B a piece.

It takes about 10 sequential rings to reach geosynchronous altitude if you are using kevlar as your elevator material between rings, so we'd want at least 10 rings.

If you to be able to move anywhere on Earth quickly, we might eventually want something like 100 east-west rings and 100 north-south rings.

If you'd like to travel from Los Angeles to Sydney, then you just go up an elevator in LA, traverse the ring system in space, and back down an elevator in Sydney. All of this is essentially free because you recover your climbing energy in LA on the descent in Sydney and similarly recover your acceleration around the Earth in the deceleration phase.

At a comfy 1g of acceleration, the ride up an elevator to 300km orbital ring height takes around 5 minutes.

Traversing the orbital ring system over some ~14,000 km would require a further 40 minutes.

At about 95% efficiency in recovering energy, that would put the marginal cost of a sub-one hour trip between LA and Sydney at something like $100 allowing for payload size of 1200 kg / person (similar to major airliners).

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

It was done years ago, now it is simply being extended all the way through Fremont into San Jose itself. Fees will help pay for the BART extension to Santa Clara.

We don't have a suitable material in industrial quantities to build one. Nothing we have except for carbon nanotubes has a tensile strength high enough.

Nice Crop Dumb Fuck

This is a better map of proposed corridors, ones which quality for federal money.

Good thing I'm in the navy, freeze me for my reenlistment in 3020

This was something put out in 2013. I believe this proposal was touted by Obama but it never got done.

Jesus Christ, Obama really did nothing. They can complain about Republican obstructionism all they want, but the man had no ability to work with people. Instead, he'll cry about his inability to get gun control expanded.

smooth curves.. higher speed. eliminate the need for close to city stops..

cities will move towards these points if it is effective.

speed.. speed speed.

220 is slow.. 400 maglev shit is ONLY POINT