Is English the most intelligent language? Japanese is indefinably one of the dumbest

Is English the most intelligent language? Japanese is indefinably one of the dumbest.

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearscience.com/blog/2015/06/whats_the_most_efficient_language.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fug how do I delete

>^ ~ `´ Ç

this triggers the amerilard

yes

Kill yourself

Is Japanese unironically a horrible language, or is that something only salty failed weebs say?

They're memeing about the kanji system.

No, it isn't the most intelligent, it's the most practical.

You can't even say a proper r like an European. You're subhuman

halts mool sauhund

Yea but almost all of our intelligent sounding words come from Latin or sometimes Greek origin. Even the word "intelligence" does.

>proper r

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

chinkenese is autistic, like its speakers

>187 cards due

is that illumi zoldyack
also fuck off crew with your shit

English is the most efficient language on Earth for communicating information accurately in the fewest number of syllables. That's as close as you can get to being objectively "the best" when it comes to mouth noises.

realclearscience.com/blog/2015/06/whats_the_most_efficient_language.html

top kek user I didn't expect another ankifag

>an European

Why would you want a language that's easy to learn? Just promotes immigration to your country. Better to have a language only born and bred Japanese can master.

English is a great language in that it doesn't have a million tenses like Spanish, or the million pronunciations like French. That makes it a great lingua franca, but idk about intelligent.

Joshiraku.

>20 new cards
>15 new variations of kaeru
>again
>all roughly mean "to change"
>again
please tell me this gets easier user, I don't know how much longer I can last

No, japanese is retarded. Keep adressing things, situations and emotions with symbols and drawings is literally archaic.

However, english is basic as shit, no complex structures or definitions. A languaje so basic can hardly be called intelligent

I stopped doing core6k after ~700 cards and just mined whatever I was reading and watching.

>please tell me this gets easier user,
no, after reading a few weeks you'll be begging to go back to the old ankidays

>no complex structures or definitions.
are you fucking retarded?

How come no one has ever made a proper alphabet? Latin script is beautiful to look at, but could use some extra letters. How come no one has ever made something like IPA except designed for everyday use? I should be able to phonetically notate any sound I could possibly make with my mouth. Then spelling will become logical.

Japan has three scripts. Two are pretty straight forward phonetic scripts, one is Kanji which is descended from Han Chinese.

For practical considerations kanji allows ease of reading as a sort of sparation between words and allows homophones to be easily distinguished.

Historically, the best example of why this was useful in the West are scribe abbreviations. Up until widespread print thousands of symbols in place of words were used to save ink, paper, and labor: %=one per hundred, @=at the rate of, &=and/et are some still commonly used ones. The widespread literacy of these symbols was unimportant as those who were required to read extensively were well educated.

So, Kanji made sense in saving money, importing Chinese loan words, sharing meaning and those who needed to know them knew them. An argument of why the east fell behind the west was how poorly Han script applied to print and how relatively difficult working literacy was. Today, Kanji is extensively used as modernizing attempts have proven unnecessary and unpopular.

It's fucking shit, tho. MacArthur shoulda forced them to use the latin alphabet.

AH EE OO EH OH
KA KEE KOO KE KO

Tons of new phonetic alphabets have been made for English, it's just no one cares about adopting a new alphabet for a language you're already fluent in.

>Today, Kanji is extensively used as modernizing attempts have proven unnecessary and unpopular.
Wrong
Today it's mainly "fuck off, we're full"

Kukuru best girl

Trying to imagine Japanese writing in Latin letters is giving me an aneurysm. Unless you mean forcing them to use a language that isn't Japanese, which wouldn't have happened because MacArthur was the weeb to end all weebs.

You tell me op.

I need to get going if I'm going to get to where I need to be on time.

konichiwa

desu

ramen

>MacArthur was the weeb to end all weebs.
storytime?

>to be easily distinguished

Says a lot about their language when the Japanese were still relatively primitive people before they encountered White people.

>english is de best xddd
why did no one use it up until europeans fucked themselves in the world wars? save for british colonies and spies

Japanese know it, and accepting filfthy gajin is unpopular.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese

>Only 187

You are like babby

in all honestly, probably hebrew.

if you know what each letter represents as it is a symbolic language you can read the entire old testament to 80-90% accuracy.

Japanese is difficult for a reason, it keeps the filthy gaijin out of the country. It's an intelligence barrier to communication.

There are over 50000 Japanese characters spread across 4 alphabets.

To graduate from high school, you need to learn at least 2000. Its that fucking complex.

Why does German have the third gender?

You are that retarded

To describe your mom.

He's the reason they still have an emperor to this day. He admired the Japanese people quite a bit. It's a lot more nuanced than that, but he was a weeb before being a weeb was a thing.

Yes, Romanji is a thing, everyone knows that. Distinguishing between homophones and such is a nightmare with it.

>he/she/it

>japan is so inferior they were at the mercy of a fucking weeb

How much can I rent your country for?

No joke I thought your flag belonged to some south-east asian country

English is pretty dumb too. Almost all of our words were stolen from various sources over time.

5,555$. kek as spoken

its written language was poorly thought out and underevolved, while its spoken language is vague and cluttered with honorifics and references to references to object (as is the written too for that matter)

I guess when you put it that way, it is pretty funny.

>Not doing at least 200 vocab and 200 kanji reps every single day

Never going to make it.

Der - Masculine
Das - Neuter/Undefined
Die - Feminine

>370 due
it gets worse

Weebs need to be gassed
Hopefully Trump's next executive order will allow for it

Only two of those are legit characters
犬 and 太. The point of that picture is the Gestalt effect.
How the hell can you claim English is intelligent when we the spelling system we do.

English is the masterrace. Most information dense and most forgiving simultaneously.

what the fuck is this shit

>objectively "the best" when it comes to mouth noises.
While I agree English is the best, and it communicates more using less words/syllables.

When it comes to "mouth noises", spanish is far superior, because what you see is what you pronounce, there is no tricks or strange pronunciations (With the exception of letter X). Meanwhile english words like mind and wind that looks similar but are pronounced differently, or lie and eye, who looks different but are pronounced the same.

Presumably a phonetic alphabet.
Unnecessary to redo every letter though.

>die sonne, der mond
>The sun is a female and moon is male
I was like... but even in mythology they depict Sun as a man, and moon like a woman.

>an European

what mythology

>Cucknadian education

Egyptian, Greek and Roman.

nah, it's fine. I learned it.

The kanji do get annoying but you don't actually see all that many of them. I think the Joyo (the ones that people still actually use) kanji only number about 2000. Though there are several readings for many of those.

Different mythologies. You can also characterise the sun as a life-giver, and caring manifestations of nature tend to be female. Similarly, you can view the moon as a symbol of the night, the time of cold and predators.

Though the really interesting conversation is the way that conceptual and grammatical gender systems are and aren't related.

damn that's a cute elf

It's fucking retarded user. Even Korean, which sounds like dogshit, makes more sense. You need at least 2000 kanji and each one has multiple readings.And then there's compound kanji. If you don't know one you're fucked. Most other languages you can learn to speak, learn the alphabet, and then you can read.

>an European
>proper r

you don't have to learn them all. There are plenty of foreigners here who can't read/write or speak worth a shit. Even knowing half of the kanji is immensely helpful.

And like it or not, there is no changing it. It is way too ingrained to change. Buckle up and learn it. I would wager that becoming fluent in any language would take about the same amount of time. Though I will concede to you that learning another language that uses the same alphabet allows you to learn to read faster.

.>endless verb conjugations and noun verb order all backwards and stupid.
>superior

Association with the menstrual cycle doesn't always imply femininity either

choushi wa dou?

matane

sayounara

ikou!

hai

iie

dozo

ringo

arigatou

nihon

The Japanese language is not for retarded nigger apes and it won't make its system easier to make foreigners more welcome unlike the cucked city of europe

No shit you don't have to learn them if you don't mind being illiterate.

And it's possible to change it and make something like Hangul, even if it was just to replace kanji and they still used kana alongside it. They must don't give a fuck and want to keep their mangled pronunciation Hanzi.

>They must don't give a fuck
Yeah they don't. When will people understand this and stop arguing about this shit. They don't care how hard it is for you to learn.

nothing that an English spelling reform won't fix. Eventually I think you will see English spelling be simplified. It was tried once before but failed. With the world becoming more globalized you may see a new push for spelling reform soon.

Of course they don't. And I don't have to lie to myself about their language being retarded.

but why is this such a concern for you?

Do you plan to live in Japan? Better get started on those kanji then.

Do you not plan on living in Japan? Why do you care.

Do you just wanna read some sexy hentai manga in their native tongue? I can hook you up, friend. You don't need to learn that many kanji to read most of those pieces of literature.

Kinda funny you say that when English has the kind of spelling system it does.
I don't name any other language where a spelling b is possible.

English is in a class of it's own when it comes to languages. There is a reason anyone with any intelligence speaks it.
If you want to be a successful programmer you start by learning English.

English is an extremely rich arsenal of expression, unprecedented in history.
It's extremely laconic (succinct). Sentences translated from English into other languages take up at least 30% more space. English words are concise and so are its sentences.

It's a concern because, outside of English speaking countries, Japan is the only country with an entertainment industry worth a damn. Its a shame to shut out so much.

English is full tilt retarded in how words are pronounced. I am not defending that. We should take a page out of German and write words phonetically.

>tfw finished

Well over a year worth of work

The reason anyone with intelligence speaks it is because of the Anglosphere and its domination of the world's economy media and the reason we use it for programming was because it started here in America.
Just saying.

>Do you just wanna read some sexy hentai manga in their native tongue?
This is my window towards #1 on that list. Teach me, senpai!

>Chicken or the Egg
It's one of the most adaptive languages on earth. A noun can be easily turned into an adjective or a verb, and vice-versa, without sacrificing expressiveness or literary beauty.

There are many things I don't like about Japanese, but Kanji is kind of needed. There are no spaces in this language, so shit gets convoluted. I'm still just learning though. I have fun learning new things, but it's things like the lack of spaces which make it difficult to look up what a word means when there isn't any Kanji and you're just learning. Even then sometimes it's hard to tell what radicals a Kanji is using when some of them look similar.

That's Chinese. The nips just stole it.

Non-phonetic languages systems are awful. Most Chinese children can't read anything until they're at least 10.

English however is inconsistent and illogical. There are certainly "more intelligent" languages.

ok I got you, kohai.

子宮 means uterus
中出し means to blow a load inside
射精する means to cum with the force of 10,000 suns.

That's lesson one. These are key words for hentai manga learners to study.

Kanji can be very frustrating. The fact that on top of all the stuff you have to learn to read the language you also have to eventually learn hundreds of readings and extra kanji for people and place names so you don't draw a blank every time you read something. The harder the stuff you read the more you get situations where you come across a word that has a pronunciation that is utterly arbitrary and not representative of the kanji representing it, along with all the rare readings and rare kanji. If you want to lookup something but don't know or can't remember the reading for one of the kanji in it, then you first have to look up that kanji, then the word, which can be frustrating.
Kind of like I hear the problem with Chinese is because there is few sounds in Japanese (although in Chinese it's because of the tones), it can be hard to distinguish words and stuff. They speak extremely fast because of low information density in the spoken language and everything just runs together making it hard to pick up listening to it. Many people also slur their words like crazy all the time.
The grammar is very easy. The language can be pretty vague at times.

>The nips just stole it.
I don't get when people say this. By this logic Western European language stole from the Romans. Silly statement. I see Chinese people say this and I just find it absurd.

English is the best, you're just a MAD WEEB

I've seen するする more than a few times, is that along the lines of 'start cumming' or 'I'll make you cum' or something?

>They speak extremely fast because of low information density

So what exactly is someone saying when they speak in a low information density language?

How would they hear the above sentence in their own language if translated sound for sound?

Low information density means they have to use more syllables to express the same idea, meaning it takes more time to say something.
People compensate by talking faster.
Japanese is so simplistic phonetically that it's easy to understand why it has low information density. This makes it easy to pronounce correctly and you don't have to learn any new sounds which is nice but it makes it difficult to understand people when they talk.