So wait, what the fuck were the last 5 presidents DOING compared to Trump?

So wait, what the fuck were the last 5 presidents DOING compared to Trump?

It's only his first week and he's put together an incredible list of executive actions, and if the rest of you skeptics will take a step back and realize that most of it is not only pretty excellent in terms of what it entails, but also established with precedent and based on sound research conducted by previous administrations, you'll find it's a little stunning how quickly Trump has put it into action.

In terms of immigration, he's enacted a stop visa program based on threat assessment of countries initially conducted by the Obama administration against the 7 most dangerous countries on the list. It's temporary until proper vetting checks can be instituted (good) and will go a long way towards prevention of attacks by ISIS infiltrators (who have stated their mission is to attack the US through immigrants) like we saw over Christmas in Europe. This is a win!

He's removing a stale and ultimately terribly biased and non-diverse arts funding scheme that has been a bogus source of government expenditure on political propaganda for years. This is a win!

He's dealing with riot violence. A win!

He's laid the groundwork for repealing a healthcare mandate that has essentially made healthcare inaccessible to most Americans who are not on welfare. A win!

He's established international ties with trading partners that are going to carry us into the next decade, he's laying the foundation for renegotiating bad trade deals with our current partners, and he's already brought tens of thousands of real private sector jobs back to the United States by mere phonecalls alone.

The pace he's keeping is unreal. How can you argue with this? He's doing everything he has said he would do, and with literally nothing to argue about. If you hate Trump, what's your fucking problem? Why do you hate that he's working hard to get shit done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-II.pdf)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anybody? I want to discuss this with people who are on the fence. How can you argue with so much progress, so fast?

It seems to me as if he is putting everything out all at once while people are already rioting to get it over with, instead of 4 years of riots every time he puts out an order, hes just doing them all now.

But what if we have 4 solid years of this level of activity?

Can you imagine the amount of progress we can make with that pace?

But the media tells me to hate him. The media tells me Trump is LITERALLY the worst president in history. IN HISTORY! I WANT HIM OUT NOW! BUT I WONT ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT STAND IN THE STREET HOLDING A SIGN THAT SOME GUY PAID ME TO HOLD AND SHOUT REEEEEAL LOUD! FUCK TRUMP!

Time to get out our overstretched pussy hats.

I think their argument is that trump's immigration ban is immoral. it's immoral to kick out people who need to seek refuge. And the biggest victims of Islamic terrorist attacks is other Muslims. Building the wall is also immoral for the same reasons. And it is too expensive. Bringing in private companies back to america wont make a difference in the long run because of automation revolution that is coming. And he is not addressing the concerns of the left/rioters

The majority of Sup Forums is either enthusiastically supportive of Trump or happy at least Killary didn't get elected.

>So wait, what the fuck were the last 5 presidents DOING compared to Trump?

Busy being career politicians.

Sorry, did not read the rest of that wall of text.

The stop visa policy is not immoral. It does not ban all muslims, merely all immigrants from seven majority muslim countries designated as high risk terror threats for infiltration. Explain why this is a problem for me?

Most legal immigration happening from these countries is occurring for economic purposes, not as a part of a refugee program. A mere 500 people were stopped from coming to the United States who were actual refugees. Why is this an issue?

We funded Mexico's wall production on their south side. Why is it immoral that we make one of our own? 10 billion dollars is not too expensive and it is not going to be funded strictly with our own money alone. Why is that a problem?

Whats your problem with private sector jobs? They are not strictly performing work that can be automated, and even if they were, why is that an issue?

Why should the concerns of criminals be addressed?

Help me out here. I legitimately don't get it.

b-but he says mean things n hurts my feelings :(

>4 years
cookie_monster_holding_the_number_eight.jpeg

Well, one can only hope.

>Steve Bannon head of NSC

How come executive orders are viewed so negatively? Even under obama I didn't really get the outcry.

Also shit why the fuck did I say Cookie Monster it's The Count goddamnit

OP can have my bump, good to see someone not completely a shill

these are not my beliefs but i'll try to answer you and try to represent the opposition the best i can

>The stop visa policy is not immoral. It does not ban all muslims, merely all immigrants from seven majority muslim countries designated as high risk terror threats for infiltration. Explain why this is a problem for me?
It's because most people assume that most muslims are extreme people but they're not. And the one's coming from the middle east are fleeing the very extremist america and the rest of the world is afraid of. It's our moral duty to give stability to these oppressed people.

>Most legal immigration happening from these countries is occurring for economic purposes, not as a part of a refugee program. A mere 500 people were stopped from coming to the United States who were actual refugees. Why is this an issue?
honestly full hearty agree with this and cant think of anything to say about it desu

>We funded Mexico's wall production on their south side. Why is it immoral that we make one of our own? 10 billion dollars is not too expensive and it is not going to be funded strictly with our own money alone. Why is that a problem?
just imagine the maintenance bill that wall is going to have, especially ten years down the road. I did not know that mexico had it's own southern border, I do find this point to be most hypocritical when it comes to liberals. They want the US to be a nation without borders while they turn the other way when mexico deports people

>Whats your problem with private sector jobs? They are not strictly performing work that can be automated, and even if they were, why is that an issue?
Everything is going to be automated. It's already happened with alot of beginning access white collar jobs. He's saying that bringign in big coporations is going to bring back jobs while in the long run theres going to be a loss of those jobs
1/2

His political inexperience meant that he would keep his promises.

>Why should the concerns of criminals be addressed?
you're calling the left criminals? Well, they have gotten away with alot of violence these past weeks. But you're just as bad as them if you say stuff like that, you gotta have alittle tolerance for our mentally stunted buddies
>Help me out here. I legitimately don't get it.
you should ask liberals about it, actually start a dialogue with someone

2/2

fuck that's good

Because the Executive Order doesn't require ratification. It's a way for the President to get around Congress.

Sure, thank you. I was hoping I would actually find a respondent here on this board as I do know there is at least a small contingent of legitimate anti-trump posters on here that I was hoping to engage, but I appreciate it all the same. I can talk with anyone in real life, I was specifically looking for news junkies and regular posters about politics and not just your run of the mill uninformed real life liberal.

He has broken the political system by being his own man who just walked in and started wrecking shit up. Any career politicians who get that far get there by trading favors and bootlicking so much that they can't do anything they actually want because they need to keep those relations intact.
Trump owes nothing to anyone. That's why he can just do what he wants. He's pissing nearly everyone off by doing so and in doing so is destroying his future political career. Or would be, if he wasn't so overwhelmingly popular with people.

kek yea it pisses me off how uninformed people are and how easily drawn are they by their sense of good and evil. I honestly think most of the people who hate trump are seriously misinformed. good posting

He said he would denounce china as currency manipulator and bring down the deficit.

Oh man I can't wait, china gonna get btfo

>pink protest hats are a symbol of pussies
so they wish to go back into the womb since the world is so scary for them right now

>t. sigmund "you vant to fuck your mother" freud

The manipulation and misreporting of the Yuan by the Chinese government has been one of the primary factors in China's "ascendancy" as an economic power. I am sure considering your own country's problems with China's involvement in land ownership and acquisitions, it will come as satisfying vindication to watch Trump or even have your government partner with Trump to launch independent investigations on currency valuation from China and watch their economic bubble pop.

Likewise to you, friend, good posting, you've given me some stuff to chew on. I would have kept responding to your arguments but you made it clear you are just making arguments you don't believe in. Ultimately, though, you're on point, thanks for correcting me on calling rioters criminals. Even if it's true it doesn't help a real discussion to start from that point, it just immediately shuts the discussion down.

answer is pic related

The fake news media has really been ramping up the double think recently.

PRAISE KEK

Do you think it is worthwhile to debate the relative merits of a shit or turd sandwich?

To frame the discussion of Trump properly, we shouldn't be interested so much in his merits relative to other presidents but rather relative to what is straightforwardly possible.

The US government has the capacity to do the following:

Year 1-2: build space elevator
Year 3:

(1) deploy enough solar panels to produce $20 trillion worth of power per year
(2) retrieve several asteroids with tens of trillions of minerals

Year 4:

Pay off solar panel purchase, space elevator purchase, and now have $20T income stream from power generation alone

With funds from selling asteroid mineral wealth, begin paying for the terraforming of Mars

Year 5:

(1) With new $20T income stream, taxes are cut to 0% across the board, national debt is paid off
(2) Orbital rings are deployed on Moon and Mars, the beginning of terraforming process on Mars

Year 6:

(1) having paid the national debt off with power generation income stream, government can now afford to issue $25,000 checks to each American every year while maintaining current spending and spending an additional $25,000 per person on infrastructure
(2) A vast array of projects on Earth are initiated including NAWAPA while the orbital ring system is expanded to a global hyperloop transportation grid

Is it possible to build a space elevator today?

Yes:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y

The key idea is the Orbital Ring version of the space elevator, not the geosynchronous tether concept you are familiar with.

See, for example, Paul Birch's writings:

orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf

The orbital ring only requires tethers about 300 kilometers long which is technically feasible with common material like steel, but ridiculously straightforward with better and already available material like kevlar.

>It's our moral duty to give stability to these oppressed people.

But it's not

Government isn't about morality. The role of the government CAN ONLY BE for the benefit of its own people.

(You)
There are some important questions. First, how much would it cost to do something like this?

We need to send about 160 million kilograms of material into space (See Birch's boot strap estimates in part 2: orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-II.pdf)

We have rockets available at $2000/kg costs to LEO today in "mass production" mode, which is only about 10-20 launches per year. Compared with the couple thousand launches necessary for a space elevator, $2000 is an unreasonably high upper bound for launch costs.

We also need to include the cost of materials. A space elevator is about 98% steel and aluminum, 1% kevlar, and 1% other such as superconducting magnets. Most of the mass (98%) cost around $1/kg, with an average cost per kilogram of no more than about $10 per kilogram.

Summing the above up, we get about $430 billion in launch costs plus another $1-2 billion in material costs.

In other words, we can have a space elevator for less than $450 billion - significantly less than one year worth of DoD spending, one bank bailout, many times less than a variety of pointless wars, etc. This is well within our reach financially in other words.

'YOU'VE ALL BEEN DUPED'

Up until now... kek

What do we get in return for this $450 billion investment?

Virtually unlimited value. For example, with a space elevator we can reliably launch our nuclear waste into the sun. We've spent $100 billion building a waste repository in Nevada, but it was ultimately decided not to even use it. Now it costs only a dollar or two per kilogram to get rid of all of the nuclear waste in the world.

Second, we have immediate access to viable asteroid mining industry. Because the cost of delivering payloads to LEO drops to about $1/kilogram, we can not retrieve asteroids with trillions of dollars worth of minerals for mere tens millions of dollars in addition to having an easy viable way of returning those resources back to the surface.

We acquire the ability to deploy profitable solar power in orbit above cloud cover and with the ability to return said power back to the surface with near zero loss by running power transmission cables down the elevator.

Just how profitable?

With increased luminosity in space, enhanced exposure time, and the ability to deliver base loads, solar panels pay for themselves in only 1-2 years while having a 20 year life time.

In other words, if you put $5 trillion of solar panels into space, you get your $5 trillion back by the end of year two and a $5 trillion income stream each year thereafter.

In other words, the US could cut everyone's taxes, both personal and business, income, capital, death, or otherwise, all to 0%, not even cut any benefits or current spending, and pay off the national debt within a decade.

it's real

It should already be obvious that the entirety of the political debate spectrum is cointelpro.

Are taxes too high or too low? Irrelevant, we don't actually need taxes.

Is social spending bankrupting us? Irrelevant, we can retire the national debt without cutting spending all while having no tax whatsoever.

What does this have to do with taking the red pill?

We've had the technological ability to undertake such a project for decades.

That means all the squabbling you have heard your entire life, money, debt, spending, taxes, scarcity, whatever, is all bullshit. Not only is it bullshit, anyone with rudimentary knowledge of the world has known that it is all bullshit for all of this time.

In other words, once you come to understand the such a project is and has been technically feasible for decades, you have to reevaluate many things.

Why is there nothing of this in the conspiracy media? They are not really trying to expose or solve any problems. One hundred percent of it is cointelpro. From the Young Turks to Infowars or whatever, they are all completely full of shit because solutions to our problems not only exist, are easy to carry out, but this has been the case for a very long time.

Similarly, you now know that 20%+ annual GDP growth is possible. If Trump gives you 3-4% instead of Obama's 2%, he is simply working with the establishment to try to placate and subvert a rising tide. If we see the easily achievable 20%+ growth rates, it is at least possible that he isn't a subversive. Anything less and you know he is a fraud.

For what it's worth, I appreciate this pasta even if it's only extremely tangentially related.

well, theres afew flaws in my own argument. given that muslims in the middle east are not an oppressed minority and they actually pushed out jewish/christian natives from their countries. Also agree with the "government for it's own people first" sentiment but I was merely trying to emulate the suicidal empathy of the left

>we shouldn't be interested so much in his merits relative to other presidents but rather relative to what is straightforwardly possible
Yeah, ok, and which one of those things helps to end the homelessness problem or fixes the economy? Regular people don't give a shit about any of that, and regular people have to re-elect him for your 6 year plan to work. I don't give a shit how many asteroids we're cracking open if I'm on food stamps with no future whatsoever. Not to mention
>solar power
Might as well just burn oil because solar produces so much manufacturing pollution you'll contaminate half of china making all those panels. Fuck, just do Nuke like we were going to before the enviro-hippies scared everyone away from it.

Fuck off with your shitty pasta. We are going to live and die on this planet like God intended.

This is what happens when you become an Obamatard (or Trumptard)

>how does doubling our energy supply help the economy
>how does doubling our national income help the economy

It's time to stop pretending that Trump is anything other than what we've seen before: a slight modification of the status quo to continually co-opt whoever is the most uppity at the time.

If you are being taxed, you are being had. Proof has already been provided in the thread. Will Trump tax you? Then Trump is a fraud.

user it isnt that sane people dont notice this

its the insane who are a majority and they are quite brainwashed into hating anything that (((they))) dont agree with

He's keeping a high pace, true, but his administration's cavalier attitude will be the death of his presidency.

I agree with Trump on some points, but his nationalistic policies (which I think are pointless and do nothing but give him bad PR with liberals and moderates).

The "muslim ban" doesn't prevent people from countries that have been proven to commit terrorist attacks on us (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Emirates) and makes US business with these countries and with Europe appear to falter.

I imagine the GOP will oust him within a year.

>trying to come at this as unbiased as possible, but just in case the HURR DURR CTR SHILL brigade comes I'm a libertarian