No one actual believes this right?

No one actual believes this right?

just a billion people or 2 not more than this

Fucking fedora faggot scum. Go say that bullshit about islam pussy.

I would encourage every Christian to also have a thorough look at all other religions because let's face it; your religion largely depends on where you were born

Not anymore. Everyone is switching to Islam. Islam will dwarf Christianity by 2050, and will rule the world. Join us friend.

At first I thought 99% of Sup Forums was against it but there is a lot of cringey loser Christian MGTOW pussies on here.

Idk this guy makes some pretty good points

Of course we do. Sup Forums is a christian board.

The Bible is one true narrative from start to finish. All those other books are a collection of stories at max. The Bible is the only religious book that has real world evidence of its characters. The birth and death of Jesus were prophesied with perfect accuracy. The prophet Isaiah who was hundreds of years before Jesus's time told about Crucifixion which was a roman custom unknown to those people at that time.

So, yes, we believe it. Sup Forums is a Christian board.

No, more kids are being born INTO Islam, but many in those ranks will be switching to being agnostics, into atheism and christianity. Islam will stay in its deserts like it was for nearly 1500 years

Not literally

It's rational to believe the universe was created with a purpose, and the Bible is the only book whose contents are rationally sourced. I.e. the contents are ostensibly true because God literally revealed things to some individuals who either wrote it down or spoke it while others wrote it down. (That's not to say God wrote the Bible, but it does contain things he says.)

Confirmation bias. It's the same as people's belief in kek.

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao

except its not at all

>all other religions
There's only a few. You have the Abraham religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), Hindu (which is just a laughable excuse to perpetuate the cast system) and their split offs, folk religions, and atheism.

Folk religions and hindu just made up bullshit stories, reincarnation makes it pointless to even try to do anything other than be good "in this life".
Atheism is fedora-tier and illogical.
Abrahamic religions are the most believed in (over 50% of the population), and their religious history is mixed with actual secular history that can be verified.
Islam is just a war/terrorist religion that started with some pedophile self-proclaimed prophet's fanfiction of shit he stole from the jews.
Jews are jews and most of them just do it for the culture.
Jesus was born, probably baptized, then crucified. We know this secularly from history.
So you should determine if he is the Son of God like he said. If not, be agnostic. If so, you have to determine a denomination.

the fulfillment of the prophecies were engineered you fool. people can write anything about jesus to match up the prophecies.

and he clearly didn't fulfill A LOT of the prophecies. like liberating the Israelites from their oppressors. lol.

I like to pretend it's real

I do

ok...
No one actually believes the koran right?
Different name same bullshit

Nobody who's actually read it.

Kek, whatever fedora.

>having 0 reading comprehension

you smell like frontal lobe brain damage.

I was born a Catholic SEAmonkey. But now, I almost entirely disregard The Old Testament
>The Book of Genesis should not be taken literally; It's just one of many theories on the world's creation. It's a melting pot of ideas a variety of primitives had on it. They didn't have the benefit of our cumulative knowledge, and modern science has long disproved Creationism
>Sodom and Gomorrah are also fictional
>The Exodus never happened

I've read it, and I believe it. In fact, I found it much more believable that what I heard from clergy in church. (I'm not saying clergy have no use, but they are human, and can lead you astray; I've even met ones who lead people astray purposefully.)

Genuinely curious. How is atheism illogical?

>a grown man posting on an Mongolian finger painting forum is upset people don't think like him and wants everyone to know it.
>1 post by this ID

>My fairy tale is more real because its nicer

>How is atheism illogical?
It is the greatest of contradictions. That's why.

Just never forget that the New Testament,Quran and Torah were written by men and not by God himself

>Sodom and Gomorrah are also fictional
http popular-archaeology.com/issue/06052014/article/making-the-case-for-sodom
Nope.
And as for your idea that the story in Genesis isn't correct, I would suggest that people may have been misunderstanding way "day" refers to. If we take it to means the days in which these things were revealed to Moses, then it fits. And the ordering of events in Genesis is remarkably like what we now know of reality. (The Big Bang itself fits in very well with this.)

>I've read it, and I believe it.
Yeah well stupid people do exist.

It follows the first logical fallacy you learn about in formal logic: Denying the antecedent. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Nobody actually doesn't trust their computer not to shitpost. Right?

No one actually believes this right?

>Being religious in 2017

Sad! Smart people are pragmatic hard agnostics who recognize the value of religious systems in maintaining a good and just society and encouraging centralization and preservation of social customs, but you don'tactually subscribe to the fictitious fairy tales yourself.

If you're looking for a real answer: There is a theorem in foundational mathematics / logic which tells us that any system at least as complex as simple arithmetic cannot contain its own truth function. Thus the universe cannot contain it's own truth function, and so it mustn't be causally closed. (There are things that are true about it which are not entailed by what is inside it.) This pretty much guarantees that atheistic materialism is false.

>my fairytale is real because the catholic church didn't invent it 1400 years ago.

You don't have to believe everything literally dumbass you can just take the stories of Jesus as a guide for leading a "good" life. You don't have to denounce science just to have some belief.

What a waste of fertilizer and bacon. I hope trump wipes this pagan death cult off the face of the earth.

What is so ironic about Atheists?

They're always talking about God.

For someone that claims that religion and God have no part in their lives, they feel the need to spend an immeasurable amount of their time talking about it.

It's almost like they are trying to convince themselves

Why would this be?

Only when it comes up in conversation. And it doesn't just spring up organically/unprovoked.

It usually happens because Christcucks like to get preachy.

However, its foolish to waste time debating.

We've both got our minds made up.

>For someone that claims that religion and God have no part in their lives
They do by proxy. I wouldn't give a fuck about Christianity if it wasn't the fucking church that's housing 60 refugees here in my town. I wish I wouldn't have to give a fuck about this kike cancer.

There are better allegories to structure your life and the culture of your society with.

Sorry buddy, but you know full well that when Europe was actually Christian, they didn't do what they now do. It's only now that they've adopted secular marxist morality that they've gone this route. Most Christians I've met in Europe (e.g. Germany) don't actually believe Christianity, and just do whatever they want.

>There is a theorem in foundational mathematics / logic which tells us that any system at least as complex as simple arithmetic cannot contain its own truth function.

This theorem is talking about logical systems. The universe is a physical system. We describe the universe with logical systems.

>This pretty much guarantees that atheistic materialism is false.

It similarly guarantees all human thought systems are "false".

Although false is really the wrong word, isn't it? A better word is "incomplete", no :^).

who wants to make a bet that this fairy tale knows more about whats going to happen in the world than you do?

>how to be a total cuck in two mins

O yeaa. I forgot space daddy could point and say "people of earf go der... Ooof, so tiring gotta rest". TRULY EARTH SHATTERING STUFF

>how to show you've fallen for every piece of jewish propaganda in 1 sentence.

Semites and all Semitic religious followers should be exterminated

>no tru crishun
Back to the desert with you sandniggers. There's literally nothing the current cucks are doing that goes against the teachings of your rabbi

Logician fag here, and this is bullshit. Theorems apply to formal systems. "The universe" is not a formal system. Not to mention that the point about the universe being "causally closed" is unrelated to the notion of a truth function—I mean, you could try and draw that connection by formalizing "the universe" and the causal closedness you're talking about. But despite how nonsensical that'd be, in order to use the system to make claims about reality, you'd have to connect it to the real universe. This is fundamentally just impossible from a scientific/philosophical perspective. You can only make guesses.

Please don't overinterpret Gödel's theorems into metaphysical bullshit. They are properties of well-defined formal systems. That's it.

amen, shalom and inshallah