Let's talk about the futur. City's future to be exact. What exactly do we want ? Bigger cities ? Smaller cities...

Let's talk about the futur. City's future to be exact. What exactly do we want ? Bigger cities ? Smaller cities ? More density (to avoid transport time) ? Less density (to get better quality of life) ?

Let's post some project and comment on it.

This is the Dragonfly, a superstructure made to be a vertifal farm, habitations, office space and stores. The "wings" provide solar power for the whole building and most of the space is used for intense agricultural activity, like a giant greenhouse.

What do you think ?

SkyTran is a company selling a new transportation decide for modern cities. It's being built right now In Tel Aviv.

The idea is to build on top of actual roads an electric rail for individual cabines to roll on it, at 100km/h. It's very efficient and don't waste energy and doesn't necessitate to destroy anything, unlike building a subway for exemple.

in 100s of years we will see cities build on each other like new york gets all over the city a platform 50m over the highest building and there will be new york city 2 build on top of it...
but on a realistic point everything will go to shit due to our rising apefrica population which will conquer the world which will make every country apefrica tier...
most cities in america are already third world...

Lillypad is a building created for Monaco, who evidently lacks space.

This is a self-suficient "boat" built like a nenuphar and able to provide a home to people even if climate change modify the sea level. It has everything, from food production to energy and transport devices.

Agora Garden is a tower being built right now in Taiwan. It's anti-sismic to the point it will never come down even with the worst sismic event in History and it maximize solar expose for energy purpose.

Future's looking bright if you ask me.

Destruction of cities and more suburbs. Make transport based on the private automobile and not public transportation. Every agenda 21 supporter is hung from the nearest lamppost.

The dragonfly is just a project but everything else I posted is being built (Agora Garden is almost finished)

>Destruction of cities and more suburbs. Make transport based on the private automobile
So... what we have right now ?

More of it.

Paris 2050 was a huge architectural contest. The winner was the guy who created the previous buildings I talk about.

Here's what he sees for Paris, keep everything from the old Haussmanian architecture and build ON TOP of it with modern alloys to provide additionnal space and energy production.

I'll post some concept images.

Good thread napoleon

Wouldn't the roots of the plants eventually destroy the building? Or is it just small shit, either way if it can work then great

Isn't the advantage of a subway that it doesn't compete with road traffic? Otherwise great, though I still think trains/mono rails are the future if you want effiency it's just a big investment

How well does it handle ocean activity and earthquakes?

at least he's got the green hanging from the windows right.

My opinion: less density, less people, less traffic and you can reach far away place in no time.
Leave the greenhouses in the countryside when they are more effectives.
You only need less people, much less people living in this planet and you can have your utopian city.

Suburbia is the worst possible solution because it maximize personnal transportation which consume the largest amount of power in our society.

It's pretty much the opposite of what we should do if we want to face future challenges.

Skytran doesn't block the road traffic, it's above it and it will reduce the traffic.

Building a kilometer of subway in a big city cost 2 billions of dollars. A kilometer of Skytran is 8 millions.

Less density means more cities (no genociding people to get a lower population is not a solution) and smaller cities means you are more likely to travel to find what you need.

Travelling is the worst offenders regarding pollution and energy waste.

So yeah, the future is staying at home using internet, pretty much. Or at least having everything you need, including food production, near you.

But a skytrain's infrastructure is more grotesque looking than a subway's.

>above it
Oh ok that makes sense

The thing is I can't see a lot of this happening under the current popular governments. The type of governments that the west has current simply aren't geared towards supporting this kind of development.

Who gives a fuck about how much power something takes? I refuse to live like an insect in your disgusting urban kike-hives while being fully dependent on public transport.

> What exactly do we want
Decentralized system.

> make coefficients:
> there must be a park/swimming pool/etc for every P people in R(P) range of it
> there must be office for every A number of apartments
> there must be W working places in R(W)
> etc.
If there is more than enough, developer pays fee in a fund.
If there is less than enough, developer recieves subsidies from the same fund.
> Use fuzzy logic.
> allow people to invest in subsidies
> allow people to vote for coefficients
> allow municipalities to experiment with their own coefficients
> allow federal power to enforce basic coefficients, like roads

Things like airports and nuclear reactors must be still outside of the coefficiential power.

Building a large hole in the ground for several years and having to stop everytime you find something vaguely historical is MUCH more grotesque.

Also it doesn't have to be ugly

Then you better pay your bills. But an urbanist jobs is to suggest solution to make people's live easier.

If you don't want that, nobody is preventing you to burn whatever fossil energy you want, you just better pay for it and for the pollution you create.

AGENDA 21

>muh carbon taxes
in your dreams, kike.

nice, thanks for the link

That's already the case you know. Municipalities are doing that and have coefficients. The reality is a bit too complex for most coefficients sadly and you're right on bigger stuff like airports and nuclear reactors (we go threw so much shit just to decide where to build one of those...)

You can count on Sup Forums to find a conspiration in everything.

You pollute, you pay. That's easy to understand.

> That's already the case you know.
I know, that it is not the case.

> The reality is a bit too complex
Yeah, that is one of the (((official))) excuses for why it`s not the case. The "simple enough" thing is apartment microdistrict for 5000-7000 people with 1 school, 6 parkings per 220 apartments, no parks, no hospitals and no place to build it and further shady manual "solutions" of these problems.

> we go threw so much shit just to decide where to build one of those
That is unrelated. I`m talking about private development. A model of direct democracy. You are talking excuses for anti-white "liberal" satanists agenda.

Somebody find me a Canadian quick, op's building looks like a leaf. Those faggots will love it

> Want to make nice cities
> Get called a satanist
Didn't see that one coming.

C Y B E R P U N K
China already has something like this.

> wants to make free social housing for minorities
> get called a nazi
oy vey

>cities
>nice

There's nothing nice about not owning land and being able to move freely.

>for minorities
What ?

hahaa

Kek, nice one lad.

Fuck all this futuristic shit, I just want the curbs height to be a little higher and the stone (or whatever material) they use for sidewalks to be standardized in all the fucking city. All sidewalks and curbs height the same. Is that too much to ask?

One of the main reasons high density and crowding sucks is because of the noise problems. Especially if you have ghetto trash in your neighbourhood who blast music at all hours, or if you live near bikers, etc. This is one of the main reasons I live outside the city and will never live in an apartment/condo. You couldn't pay me to live in one unless it was soundproofed better than a recording studio.

The dragonfly and lilypad are concept art, not well-thought-through sustainable living utopias.

Vertical farming at the urban, new-york city scale is a meme idea and is absurdly expensive compared to mechanized agriculture on farmland that we are all familiar with. It can work in low-density urban environments, but I'm skeptical of it working in high density urban environments because the higher density you go, the less sunlight there is available except for the tallest buildings. Much like rainforests where below the canopy there is little sunlight. Sunlight used by plants is sunlight that is no longer available for electricity, or other plants.

A single person's electrical needs are massive when you consider how many square meters of solar panels you need to maintain most people's comfortable living standards what with appliances, hot water, building heat, air conditioning, tools, entertainment, food storage, etc. The sunlight problem obviously gets worse in winter, depending how far north or south of the equator you are. When you dream about "dragonflies" you have to understand that you cannot have 100% wind/solar powered buildings and high residential density at the same time. If you double the height and double the # of residents of a building, you do *not* get double the solar/wind power available to you, and as a building gets taller, you may now be putting another building in the shade (depending on the angle of the sun.)

tl;dr you can't have solar/wind sustainability and high density urban living at the same time. high density needs the grid.

>logo Eiffage
no dog poo, no cigarette filters, green everywhere... you can have it all now, just flee Paris.

>(((urbanist)))
nice meme

Urbanism and efficiency is good for the urban population, but you miss one important thing :
Architecture.

>implying we can afford to actually build things while keeping the entire third world alive
there is no place for progression in cultural marxism.

Vertical farming is retarded. Hydroponics is where it's at
>No need for extravagant buildings, regular warehouse is just fine
>Doesn't need sunlight so farms can be stacked any number of times
>Automated planting/harvesting much easier to set up
>No need for pesticides
>Can go crazy with genetic engineering since plant's can't crossbreed with their unmodified counterparts

I like you, you're funny

Let me know when large-scale hydroponics can give us something other than leafy greens.

You mean meat?

Are you fucking retarded

Meat is far off but not impossible.

I was referring to corn or grain.

> Let's talk about the futur. City's future to be exact. What exactly do we want ? Bigger cities ? Smaller cities ? More density (to avoid transport time) ? Less density (to get better quality of life) ?

no cities
normal organic farming and we let city folk starve to death and kill each other

>You pollute, you pay.
CO2 is not a pollution it is plant fertilizer. Food consumers must pay carbon taxes for CO2 use from atmosphere.

next thing they'll do is tax the cows for farting

I am ok with that if it is EU cows.

they'd probably genetically modify them to stop farting and grow a second vime

im surprised they havent already

It all falls far short of the glory of Nazitopia
> Beautiful mix of modern functional architecture with beautiful neoclassical architecture to remind us of our roots
> Badass eagles and monuments and shit in public to remind us of our devotion to our volk and fatherland
> Crazy high rise buildings and multi-leveled 2-3-D road system for something like skytram and efficient use
> Populated entirely by Germanic peoples

how bout we wait till this God-forsaken civilization collapses and you stop your fantasies about building the tower of babylon

pic related - a system which actually works

forgot to link

It would be cost-inefficient to hypdoponically grow, because modern mutants of their kind grow fine by themselves.

If we talk about atrazin-free stuff, then of course it would be effective, but demand is not hight enough to low market complexity.

Until people would have AI-dietologist closely tied to their medical history and medical telemetry, that will immediately analyze avaliable nutrients with full contents list, to construct healthy diet, that excludes overdose of any epigenetic substances.

It`s not that hard to implement, but again some people interfere with their ">reality is a bit too complex for muh profits of selling poison to aryans.... er... goyims, oy vey, i`m not white!".

we will likely see biomegalopolises.

Think Megacities from Judge Dredd, ,but with more organic life on them (plants and small animals) to produce cleaner fresher air.

Except at the bottom, where the poor people live, that'll still suck major dick.

The rest of the world will be ranches and farms dedicated to growing enough food to feed the megacities around the world.

Inside the cities people will likely have no other transportation than golf carts and bikes. Public transportation will provide most mobility within them, but there won't be a lot of cars.

Outside the cities we'll still see petroleum vehicles being used.

Two types of people will live in this world.
>City Folk
>Rural Folk

We will have a republic in order to protect the rural folks from the high population density of the megacities.

What I meant in a picture, thanks Croatianbro

>bitches about vertical farming.
>posts picture of vertical farming.

Genetics, as well as any other (((science))) is not magic. It cant do shit in fact.

Want to check? Just put your hopes in anything they advertising today. It wont do any good.

What will do - is what some non-scientific person would do, that will be later claimed by (((scientific community))) as their progressive effort.

That's not vertical farming though, it's in a single-floor warehouse in Japan.

>Genetics, as well as any other (((science))) is not magic.

(((scientists))) seem to think otherwise
and saying the truth is equal of being a cathar in the middle ages

Those are pretty neat pictures but I'm not sure there is much more behind them. They draw something, it's cool I guess

OP, you forgot about the biggest, most autistic example, the Shimizu Mega-City Pyramid.
> 2,000 meters
> Would house 1 million people
> Composed of 5 stacked trusses, each with similar dimensions to the Pyramid of Giza
> so large that it could not be built with current conventional materials, due to their weight
> relies on the future availability of super-strong lightweight materials based on carbon nanotubes
> foundation would be formed by 36 piers made of special concrete
> external structure of the pyramid would be an open network of megatrusses, supporting struts made from carbon nanotubes to allow the pyramid to stand against and let through high winds, and survive earthquakes and tsunamis
> trusses would be coated with photovoltaic film to convert sunlight into electricity and help power the city, pond scum and algae would also be harvested to provide energy
> trusses would be coated with photovoltaic film to convert sunlight into electricity and help power the city. The city will also be powered by pond scum or algae
> Housing and office space would be provided by twenty-four or more 30-story high skyscrapers suspended from above and below, and attached to the pyramid's supporting structure with nanotube cables
Are you even trying, OP?

Na.

Population growth has already ceased world wide except Africa and their population density is incredibly low. Its not a problem if their numbers increase in Africa. They are unlikely to increase too. Since contraception will be available to them the moment they have money.

That will seriously stiffle their growth. The rest of the world had high rates of growth for a while with no contraception available to them.

Lots of greenery to be sure, it makes things less soulless like 70s America and communist

huge cities are merchants' paradise

The only thing that will stifle their growth is wide use of atrazin. I mean this is the only solution they`ve found to control whites and hispanics.

The future is mega-Kowloon the size of Tokyo. 10 million people per square mile.

Level all glass and steel eyesores and return to organised, orderly and ornate architecture.

That'll do me.

what a great way of ruining Paris landscape.

Modern architecture in terms of skyscrapers can be done well, it just ends up being really generic or too brutalist a lot of the time and looks soulless and repetitive/boring. Modern architecture in terms of smaller structures can be done extremely well and aesthetic but a lot of times is just done autistically with lots of bizarre angles and jutting shapes and shit. Really it has to be done well for a city or it doesn't have a particular feel to it and each building feels out of place. That's partially why older cities or architecture look more aesthetic in many instances, they reflect a norm that they fit well into. It's a shame Art Deco never caught on more universally, the Great Depression pretty much stopped mass-scale construction of the style.

in large urban sprawl you are still an insect in a hive.

Urban sprawl is awful, it takes so fucking long to get where you need to go, you waste so much of your life travelling. Everyone would be depressed as fuck, one of the biggest factors in determining whether or not you like your job or how your day goes is how fucking long you have to spend in traffic and commuting.

You're also ignoring the fact that fuck tons of cars means tons of pollution, which means lots of lovely smog.