Shouldn't college be free for everyone?

Shouldn't college be free for everyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xr4KC251pU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Yes.

It is in every civilized country

No, I don't want to pay for your shit worthless art degree and then complain that you are homeless.

No. Our college system is the greatest in the world because the free market attracts talent. Get the fuck out of my face kike.

>free

Enjoy your degree that only gets you a job at Starbucks. Oops, they're only hiring refugees now.

>"free"

It's not free. It's subsidized.

If you're going to subsidize college, only do so for STEM fields.

Yes.
But university should be for STEM only

>No, I don't want to pay for your shit worthless art degree and then complain that you are homeless.
lol you don't even pay taxes you fucking neet

>free

It is not,in any country, and cannot be.

taxation is theft

>It's not free.

If you receive something without having to pay for it, it is indeed "free".

>It is in *a few* civilized *homogeneous* countries

ftfy

Nothing is ever free, you fuckwit.

>Pay taxes

Not free.

>free indoctrination
nah

NO

It should be much cheaper across for all schools. I can see state getting close to free, but private should be allowed to do what they want.

Only if you wish to devalue college accreditation. There is literally no end-game for liberals who want to collect money for free college and take endless classes over and over. The only way this would work is if the colleges across the nation had very strict requirements on your non-elective coursework, and all your electives are relevant to the degree. The students would not be allowed to deviate, and have a given time they must complete the classes.

It would be grand in this way, only the truly fit would excel, and unless you were to go on and make a salary in the expected range based upon your degree's projected pay in the workforce, you will then be forced to repay all your expenses.

Students don't pay taxes.

Free.

>free

No such thing. Someone has to pay.

>Students don't pay taxes

Exactly why they don't deserve free shit.

You pay taxes every time you buy something.

If you live in Quebec, you pay taxes on paying taxes for the things you purchase.

No, there's too much cancer in higher education already.

No, I don't want to pay for your shitty art degree. If you want cheaper college, stop giving these schools federal funding and force them to stop making students take unnecessary liberal arts courses if they're an engineering student

It shouldn't be free for anyone.

I love free handouts! Fuck working! Woo le reddit! FeelTheBern420!

Not everyone but I think Bernie was on the right track. We shouldnt be sponsoring folks who arent prepared for college. But for those that are prepared, they shouldnt have to be paying student loans into their 30s and 40s. A qualification based on grades and a national test might work.

>Shouldn't college be free for everyone?
Yes.

And still: FUCK OFF YOU KIKE!

I need food more than I need tertiary education or healthcare. Why isn't food a basic human right?

im not gonna lie, but you sure sound like a faggot

yes it should be and creating money should be in the power of the nation and not be done by private banks.

money doesnt have to be scarce!

Lol no that's theft artard

>free for everyone
You mean payed by all others.

No trade school degrees and jobs

You get what you pay for

If it's free it will become as worthless as a high school diploma

>Free

" Nothing In Life Is Truly Free. Somebody's Going To Pay "

>VAT pays for universities

LMAO

No, theft is taking something without consent.

Words have meanings. Learn them.

Do the college professors work for free?

>Alternative facts

This

Wrong. In order for money to be anything worth more then a piece of paper it has to be back by a government. Giving the rich tax cuts and putting the financial burden on the working class while fucking them out of benefits is theft.

'Cept your wife's pussy.

By that logic, shouldn't gookmoot charge for Sup Forums.

This.

>rural retard

Agree. Shouldn't trade school be subsidized though?

Here's a free (you).

This.

What are foodstamps?

But the crow is black proclaims the raven.

Because once you hit a certain wealth, the only way to gain more is to make everyone poorer.

Top %1, fuck those kikes.

A high school diploma doesn't train you for a job. A degree will.

>Shouldn't college be free for everyone?

>free

nice joke.

Everybody is not so inteligent, so nope.

What? No, nothing in life is free. "Free" college doesn't exist.

>look at me I'm the retard who replies to everyone

there should be like 20% free spots and the rest for money
country doesn't need more university educated ppl anyway

Are you stupid? In what way is government grants out the ass a free market. If gov would fuck off then unis would be forced to lower tuition and make it affordable to actually go to college and stop funding stupid programs

>financial burden on working class

Know how I know you don't know shit about who pays taxes in US.

Only STEM, everyone else can pay for their basketweaving degree or fuck off.

I do it for the yous.

There is one when the rich don't foot the bill.

>the working class doesn't pay taxes
Are you fucking retarded?

No, it would make it practically useless.

No

>College isn't free
>Healthcare isn't free
>Freedom isn't free
>"Land of the Free"
what did they mean by this?

Then should free high school? Why do we have free high school at all?

Land of the Free (men).

It was cheaper, until the government started subsidizing it.

oh like former slaves?
>"Land of the Niggers"
that makes more sense

High school isn't "free" either. It's publicly funded and most public schools perform terribly despite the funding going up constantly over the last few decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xr4KC251pU

No. In fact, Highschool shouldn't be free either. Basically education after basic math and reading should be paid for as additions.

>land of the free(mason)

>air is not free
>water is not free
>land is not free
>food is not free
Just because we and the resources have been controlled by the same monarchy tyrannical jews since millennia ago, it doesn't mean it's not free.

And education was free, I don't think Plato or Aristotle charging their students for tuition. It was the jews who made it a business. They made everything a bussiness, art, music, literature, education, charity, holidays, family diners, etc.....

A lot of things SHOULD be free. We don't live in a perfect world though. College also isn't the only post-highschool education option and I wish people would stop pushing it as such. In a lot of cases people would benefit a lot more from a trade school than a college.

if you're going that far, why pay for basic math and reading either? parent could probably teach that (except in the south).

Fuck yes

Not for shitty degrees like art of women's studies, though.

They're useless for a country.

>college should be free
who is going to pay the professors, maintenance and equipment then ?
>the government needs to be there for that
and where does the government get its money for that ?
>well, we would need to raise taxes for that obviously
and who is going to pay for them ?
>not me, i am completely broke and need to save up for the new iphone
thanks for the talk, /leftypol/

no, sage

No. If you don't have money for things you should fuck off. Capitalism, 'murica.

Public schools here a fucking joke as it is. You think us paying for a bunch of kids to extend to their childhood a little longer is a good idea?

Yes. The fact 'Muricans don't have free college proves they're not a first world country.

only the fields that are strategic to the country
>nuclear sciences and engineers
>various engineers depending on the ocation
Trade schools are way more useful and should be inexpensive and everywhere.

My main concern about public universities is the politicization of them, although I'm not really sure now seeing how Americans are increasingly having this problem with their private Unis (muh safe spaces and stuff). What the fuck.

So, what, we should cut the funding? What if high school just isn't available for everyone anymore?

No, College is only for kids who have parents who are rich.

Change the structure of the schools.

If charter schools can do it, so can others.

no
if youre a retarded berniebro you deserve it

We can use the same analogy for roads, they shouldn't be free, only people with cars use them, they are financed by taxes we all pay, even if we don't have car. So only rich people with cars should pay for them.

charter "take the money and run it into the ground" schools

Up here, roads are paid for primarily with fees applied to the licenses themselves.

College should be banned for everyone. It's literally 4 years of time being wasted for a piece of paper. I haven't learned a single thing I hadn't already knew during my time there. Good thing I didn't pay a dime though.

NO. It should be free only for very talented or very hardworking kids, this doesn't include athletes because they are literally retarded. In paid groups 2/3 of students showed at least slightest interest in studying while students from free groups behaved like they are in penicitary colony an not in the university.

t. worked as assistant professor

No, college is not nessicary for a large portion of the population and is a waste of money. Now vocational schools are another matter, anyone should be allowed that.

I can tell you the guys who paid for their tuition in the CNC machining course I took worked a hell of a lot harder than the ones who got it paid for by the government.

What does that even mean?

They are not free. You pay for them in many ways.

Even with a flat tax the rich still pay substantially more.

Yeah the goyim need mandatory re education

For people with the grades, yes of course. Americans love paying for everything 3x though because "muh blotstraps lul ridem cowboy" so it will never happen. It's nice to dream though the establishment wants to force everyone into a mountain of mortgage/college debt so we are all debt slaves to them. Fuck jewish bankers

No. Most people at college are unqualified, and many degree programs are non-productive and thus irrelevant to the interests of tax payers. If you want government funded tertiary education, we need major reforms. Programs should be made more training oriented and have irrelevant course requirements stripped. Pipelines to industry recruitment should be included at the institutional level by default. Application processes should be made more strict, and the blatantly racist and sexist practice of affirmative action rendered illegalized. Then we can talk about federal subsidization.

>Middle Ea... err European countries
>Civilized countries
kek

Prove college isnt just an extention of highschool

Make college feel more like grades 13-17. Great idea OP

No.

No they don't you dipshit lol, even if that was the case (which it's not because I'm actually rich unlike yourself middle class pleb) it only proves that the government itself has been wastefully allocating funds, many of those funds being used on things which can only benefit the rich (insurance company monopolies, banking monopolies, international trade bank, etc)