Brit/pol/ - The Wall edition

>Leaked report from the City: "The EU will lose out if Britain gets a bad deal"
theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/01/eu-brexit-deal-city-leaked-report-european-parliament-article-50

>Public would rather May didn't walk away with no deal from the EU
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/public-rejects-theresa-may-s-take-it-or-leave-it-threat-to-leave-the-eu-with-no-deal-a7555921.html

>Labour's incoherent position on Brexit
theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/29/labours-incoherent-position-on-article-50

>Prince Charles urged to tackle Trump over climate change
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/29/prince-charles-climate-change-trump-visit-britain

>Pro-EU MPs seeking to "obfuscate, dilute and delay" Article 50 proceedings
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/31/parliament-kicks-brexit-bill-debate-david-davis-accuses-europhile/

>UKIP in Stoke - A quick rundown
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38808154

>Former EU diplomat claims they're going to charge us £50,000,000,000 to leave; Britain disagrees
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/britain-charged-50-billion-brexit-divorce-bill-sir-ivan-rogers/

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/588948/The_United_Kingdoms_exit_from_and_partnership_with_the_EU_Web.pdf
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38841544
gov.uk/claim-asylum/overview
citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/asylum-and-refugees/after-you-get-refugee-status/
helprefugees.org.uk/how-to-help/
theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/how-do-i-offer-a-room-to-a-refugee
refugee-action.org.uk/about/facts-about-refugees/
theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/feb/02/british-empire-heroes-and-villains-timewatch-guide-review?CMP=twt_gu
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mep-holds-up-hes-lying-to-you-sign-as-nigel-farage-speaks-in-european-parliament-a7557716.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/588948/The_United_Kingdoms_exit_from_and_partnership_with_the_EU_Web.pdf

WHITE PAPER

available for your reading pleasure

Dis bitch be sitting next to are ChooChoo tonight. Wish Labour would just die desu.

It feels so good being happy and content and not being a depressed cretin

Thanks user, well get a fresh cup of the Majesties finest builders tea and take a squiz

It doesn't really matter anymore, they're going to water down Brexit so much that it won't really be a proper Brexit.

I'll never forgive her for committing genocide in that episode of Doctor Who tbqh.

at least its not fucking Abbott

Sounds like you're telling yourself porkies mate. It's ok to be sad and self-aware.

Former remain voter here, it's hilarious watching remain crash and burn. But seriously we can't let May trigger article 50.

Scumbag lawyer who was hounding British troops for war crimes BTFO and found guilty of being a slippery sneaky piece of shit.

>A human rights lawyer who brought abuse claims against UK troops after the Iraq War has been struck off for misconduct. Phil Shiner, from the now-defunct law firm Public Interest Lawyers, had 12 charges of misconduct proved against him by a panel of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. He had admitted acting recklessly by publicly claiming UK troops unlawfully killed, tortured and mistreated Iraqis.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38841544

>tfw lifelong depressed
>tfw depression reaches such a low point that it became liberating
>tfw i have a form of hyper confidence while maintaining self awareness
>tfw my IQ is within the top 0.1 percentile

REFUGEES WELCOME

Refugees:
Claim Asylum
>gov.uk/claim-asylum/overview

Once you have achieved refugee status, you only have 28 days to find a home / house, job etc. Without that you will be homeless / deported.

Once you're here
>citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/asylum-and-refugees/after-you-get-refugee-status/

How UK citizens can help:
>helprefugees.org.uk/how-to-help/
>theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/how-do-i-offer-a-room-to-a-refugee

Refugee facts:
>refugee-action.org.uk/about/facts-about-refugees/

No, there's no stopping this. Doing so would spit in the face of any notion of the U.K. being a democracy led by the people's will.

Embrace Brexit. Let it become part of you.

Let Britannia rise again!

Going to make a vegetable lasagne tonight lads

Using exactly the same recipe as I do for a proper lasagne but swapping the mince for some diced sweet potato, peppers and cherry tomatoes which I'm going to roast with olive oil and seasoning beforehand. Probably going to put some spinach in too

How can I ensure it's not boring as fuck without meat

Why no meat?

Reject Belgians, Germans, Frenchmen, Italians, Croats and Spaniards from the City. You always have those saucy, exotic and culturally enriching Pakistanis, Indians and Nigerians.

yeah Why not put all that veggy stuff in AND meat?

Put some effort in to your sauces and get some strong cheddar to top it with rather than something mild like mozzarella. Season the veg well if you plan to pre cook it

does anyone just absent-mindedly drum on their penis through their jeans

it feels nice

>how can I ensure it's not boring as fuck without meat
You can't. Veggie dishes are categorically shit and unsatisfying, with negligible health benefits.

Good.

Just doing some preliminary research it seems that most of the MP's who voted against last nights Bill on triggering Article 50 were from constituency's that did not release voting data following the referendum.

yes. It's probably a very light form of masturbation which is why it feels so nice.

I bet it hurt the BBC to report that

Fug, you got me there m8...

Been a bit under the weather, trying to go without meat for a few days

Yeah I use cheddar as well as mozzarella anyway

plz post research when completed

why wouldn't a constit. post its voting data?

Voting was done by local council areas, not constituencies. The two do not always coincide at all. Like most London boroughs are multiple constituencies.
Or Cornwall council being I think 6.

Use Quorn™ :^)

We bring a saving Revolution,
We are aweary of deceit.
We will avenge the long betrayal,
We will acknowledge no defeat.
We breathe the spirit of our fathers,
As dauntless and as proud as they.
Overthrow the tyranny of falsehood
The powers of darkness and decay
We will be victors of tomorrow,
Who are the victims of today

Fuck no I don't want to wake up tomorrow farting cum

>why wouldn't a constit. post its voting data?
golly gee user I simply have no idea

>>Amerifat says to embrace Brexit

*flashback noises*
>>"It's going to be America First! America! First!"

makes me wonder.....

>Czech Republic being mad again
Pls.

>tfw say a lot of high power-level stuff in public but get away with it because everyone thinks I'm being 'ironic'

just skimmed through the white paper and it says about scotland might be able to try and stay in the single market but the rest of the uk leaves? how the fuck does that work, wed still have an open border with europe essentially, unless we build border checkpoints with scotland.

Bogdan please leave

The referendum was counting in line with how the EU parliament votes are counted rather than constituencies. Some councils released the data of how constituencies voted some didn't.

Just one of the reasons why this whole MP's getting a vote debacle should never have happened.

Stop voting Labour

Scotland is leaving you, and you'd do well to just accept it and focus on yourselves. You dun goofed and sealed your fate when you let Thatcher take out her clunge-rage on them in the most apolitical way possible.

They can do what they like so long as we scrap the Barnett formula, build a massive wall and eject all their MP's from Westminster and we scrap every single subsidy we currently have set up for them. No problem

When is the calais wall projected to be finished?

How many times do people have to be proven wrong before they believe Brexit will happen as people want
>There wont be a referendum
>Leave wont even be close
>May wont go through with it
>Parliament will block A50
>They'll block the final deal
Theresa has given no reason to doubt how shes going about it

What happens here lads?

Total jock bollocks

That's all good and great but sadly they won't actually leave. In fact they've just had polls done and they have no desire for another referendum. But it's ok because you said they want to leave so that must make it true.

I do hope you're right.

>thinking Scotcucks will ever, ever vote to leave the UK
the absolute state of spanish 'people'

its an island seperated from the mainland, so their savage culture managed to go largely untouched by civilisation.

iktfb

I'll often take a hard line on certain topics but then claim ignorance on others e.g. 'yes I voted Brexit and I'd do it again! Would I vote Trump? Probably not but I've not looked into it desu.'

Probably a catalan.

what currency would scotland use then? why would the EU allow scotland to join as scotlands economy will implode without england propping them up? why would somewhere like spain not veto them joining as it might give catalonia ideas?

so essentially they would be leaving the UK for the EU then?

Did David Davis just said in parliament that the white paper today will state that we WILL leave the single market.

Scotland has already been told that they can't join the EU until they formally leave the UK, and even then they can't do it until the article 50 stuff goes through. After that, they will be placed at the back of the queue for joining the EU begind other countries that are already waiting to join.

Scotland will have to survive on its own for a minimum of 30 years after leaving the uk before their application even has a slim chamce of coming up for review.

>so essentially they would be leaving the UK for the EU then?
Do you know what? I don't even know anymore, I've completely and utterly lost all comprehension of what the SNP actually want. You know when someone rambles on and on and you just "zone out" and stop paying attention?

Yeah

-Did

beastiality and alcoholism

i wonder how many scots would flee south if they were to leave the UK

>British Empire: Heroes and Villains review – a poignant reminder of how history gets rewritten

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/feb/02/british-empire-heroes-and-villains-timewatch-guide-review?CMP=twt_gu

>Chitra Ramaswamy

>What did the establishment make of this warts-and-all account of British imperialism? In The British Empire: Heroes and Villains, A Timewatch Guide (BBC4, 9pm), historian David Olusoga reveals how one former official of the Raj was so incensed that he launched a debate in the House of Lords viciously attacking the public service broadcaster.

>Olusoga’s more measured assessment is less about the history, and more about how it has been presented (and misrepresented) to us.

>The point of Olusoga’s guide, which unfortunately is a bit too diplomatic for such deeply divided and egregious times, is that history is never done, nor should it be.

>history is never done
Remember that lads

Can't wait for the civilisation remake with this cunt, Mary Beard and Schama

We're not leaving you tosser

What if Richard Spencer was actually a psyop set up to remind people that le scary nazis still exist and you have to hate them

Like after that punch you've got loads of normies saying it's perfectly find to kill "nazis"

Hmm

So long as they keep the rampant left wing ideology behind Hadrian's wall? They can come to the south if they wish. I do feel bad for the non SNP voters because essentially they are being humiliated by the SNP. It's quite sad.

how many dues could david davis do if david davis could do dues?

Great, more IRA scumbags coming here

Just rebuild hadrians and the antonine.

Contain the entire central belt and scumdee.

Given the EU's track record of accepting people who fuck animals, they'd certainly let Scotland join the fold.

mfw I realise we are going to be portrayed as pic related.

hadrians wall isnt on the border though, wed be cutting off part of england doing that

Spain would not allow this.

Brilliant.

You know you can buy quorn/linda mcartney lasagna ready made. If you want to make your own you can also buy quorn/linda mcartney mince.

Good luck.

Non-butthurt remain voter here
Love seeing those cunts whine.
Joe Cox's constituency voted out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

We need some breathing room to ensure they shake off any left wing feelings. Two walls is a good thing, perhaps we could turn the inbetween into an assault course with mines and shit like that they have to avoid?

Why couldn't Starkey replace Kenneth Williams.

I can't think of any worse lefty historians than Beard and Schama

>"I have no argument so instead I will just hold up this sign"

what exactly was he saying when that paper was held up? I bet it was actually true and the irony of someone in labour accusing someone else of being a liar is not lost on me

>Kenneth Williams
fuck

Does anyone have the Gibraltar pepe? I need to save it for times like this.

>pic related

>I've completely and utterly lost all comprehension of what the SNP actually want
It's actually very simple.

There's a sort of confusion around the SNP because people think they're sort of like UKIP: a single issue pressure party riding a wave of populism. This actually isn't what they are at all.

They're an entirely conventional political party whose primary concern is attaining and maintaining power. The true redpill with regards to the SNP is the realisation that they don't actually want independence for Scotland. They don't care about Scottish sovereignty or, ultimately, the welfare of the Scottish people over anybody else. Their endgame is to secure themselves a position from which they can use the threat of secession as a stick with which to beat more money and authority out of Westminster. This is why nothing they do ever actually furthers the cause of Scottish autonomy: that would mean reducing public spending and taking responsibility for the dire state of Scotland's health and education, which the SNP will never, ever do.

At what point did everyone realise she TRULY is our lass?

Great foreward in the white paper, based May.

She's going to make brexit a huge success folks, that's a fact.

> I do feel bad for the non SNP voters because essentially they are being humiliated by the SNP. It's quite sad.
It's exactly like that, it's fucking shite,SNP are the biggest embarrassment ever

It's the SNP's way of trying to force another referendum essentially, nobody up here really cares or knows what the EU is in a way despite how we voted, it was more just a want to say with the status quo, but because of it the SNP are trying to say the rest of the UK doesn't care about it but nobody is buying their shite because again, nobody cares about the EU, and separatists don't want to leave the UK to join the EU

>BUT LEAVE WON!!

Ummm... no sweetie, leave lost by a massive margin. once you factor in all the elderly racists who are now dead, remain won by over ONE MILLION votes.
Remain is the true winner. That is what the British people chose. Any time a brexiteer tries to brag, I laugh HARD in their face, and educate them with the facts. It feels good being on the right side of history. Leave voters are just uneducated racists who fell for fake news and the referendum was only advisory anyway.

We fucking won.

Thanks that's actually quite a good rundown on what I was thinking until I zoned out.

I wouldn't worry too much if they keep going down the path they are then they're going to just self destruct. You're alright you Scots.

>independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mep-holds-up-hes-lying-to-you-sign-as-nigel-farage-speaks-in-european-parliament-a7557716.html

It was a Labour MEP.

Just shows how unparliamentary the EU parliament is.

Congrats on winning. Be sure to tell everyone that after article 50 is triggered. And make sure you tell everyone that once we've left too, just to make sure we all understand.

was on the fence till the A50 vote. After that knew she was the one

Taigy McFenian strikes again!

>anglo on holiday
>self-hating scottish

The reason you all responded so emotionally is that you know I'm right. Honestly just focus on yourselves. It's clear that you're irreconcilable at this stage and both need a break to find yourselves again or something.
Not now, I can imagine, but say in a few years, I can picture it happening, and not being too big a deal desu, as the UK government is busy with Brexit negotiations, Scotland leaving will just seem like normal turmoil.
They'd use whatever currency they like - Scottish Dollar/Pound/Crown, British Sterling, US Dollar. It's not an impossible task to set up a central banking system and issue fiat money. What surprised me was how they were so hung up on retaining Sterling anyway, for practical purposes. I think changing it is a sentimental thing, more than anything, and indicative of a break from the past.
I guess these are obstacles they'll need to face.
Same proportion as British who will leave the UK, I imagine.
You most likely are.

I read a lot of salty Anglo posts here. You are a very insecure people.

> labour MEP

> the absolute state of labours opposition

apple dont fall far from the tree innit

paella is gay lol

Gr8 b8 m8

>They'd use whatever currency they like - Scottish Dollar/Pound/Crown, British Sterling, US Dollar. It's not an impossible task to set up a central banking system and issue fiat money. What surprised me was how they were so hung up on retaining Sterling anyway, for practical purposes. I think changing it is a sentimental thing, more than anything, and indicative of a break from the past.

so Zimbabwe tier dirt money, nice to know.

>Same proportion as British who will leave the UK, I imagine.

so literally none then, the only people leaving the UK will be europeans who arent allowed to stay.

What's all this about Corbyn failing to lead his party and Labour falling apart more than usual? Missed last night and today as I was watching Alex Jones on Joe Rogan and then sleeping.

>discusses a political opinion
>people disagree with said opinion
>wow your all so salty
Out the thread please Pedro