I thought Trump promised that Mexico was paying for the wall? I'm disappointed tbqh

I thought Trump promised that Mexico was paying for the wall? I'm disappointed tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

californiaavocado.com/the-california-difference
usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/01/26/holy-guacamole-border-tax-could-hit-mexican-avocados/97120224/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck pays $6 for an avocado? Why don't the consumers just not buy the avocados until the supply reaches a point where the price comes down to 4 dollars. Then the consumers get cheaper products and the government still collects the tax to pay for the wall.

1. Jose sells an avocado to John for $5.

2. Donald imposes a 20% border tax, so that "Mexico pays for the wall".

3. Now Jose sells the avocado for $5 + 20% = $6.

4. John instead buys a avocado from California for $5.50.

5. Jose gets beheaded by the cartel.

6. Enrique begs to pay for the wall.

>raising the price != paying tax

But Jose actually made 4 dollars

7. John from California sells Avocados for $5.50

8. Jose can't match price.

9. Zetas slice Jose's face off.

>this thread again

It doesn't work, it implies that John has to buy the avocado anyway.

What really happens is that Jose gets taxed. Jose may rise the price but John may decide not to buy.

John doesn't have to pay for shit if he doesn't want to.

>John realises that Mexican avocados are overpriced due to the new border tax
>decides to purchase local goods, stimulating the US economy and providing additional jobs and income for Americans
More money into the pocket of Americans, Less money in the pocket of Mexicans. Mexico has paid the ultimate price for the wall

20% of 6 isn't 1

You're retarded. 20% of 5 is 1.

test

>Thinking this is the implementation

If Jose had competition that wasn't subject to that tax, I'd prefer that then. It is disadvantageous versus american business.

Hmmm
Retard?

Burgers can't into economics.
The whole reason people buy shit from Mexico is because its cheaper from there in the first place. It will continue to be cheaper no matter the price because, in this case, avocadoes only grow in Medeterranian climates meaning consumers will be forced to either pay the wall tax or not buy avocadoes at all. When you think about how many products only grow in Mexico, what will end up happening is that poor people will get fucked over by higher prices for everything.

Ironic that they were the ones that voted him in, and now are getting fucked over by him in multiple ways.

MAGA

I think it might be you that's retarted. He was right, 20% of 6 isn't 1.

>1 post by this ID
Hi CTR :^)

You: snaggled tooth brit or sub-human?

I realize you've never been to California before (who would let you in the country), but they're known to grow a few avocados there, lower-caste filth.

(select all squares with palm trees)

californiaavocado.com/the-california-difference
P-please buy my avocados seƱor, they only grow in me'ico

14thpbp

Wow.
I hope you are all under 9 or 10 years of age.

20% of 6 is 1.2

But who's paying for the wall?

>It will continue to be cheaper no matter the price

Who gives a fuck.

>Implying grocery stores will buy overpriced, overtaxed garbage from shithole countries when there are cheaper domestic options available

It's almost like you fucking wetbacks don't understand how businesses operate.

California Avocados won't have a tariff so we'll just be buying them.

If no one buys Mexican goods, who will pay for the wall?

Once the price is raised what 20% is changes, you retard

It doesnt matter if they raise the price by 20% of the OLD PRICE

They still must pay 20% of whatever the cost its sold at

Who else is having problems with captcha connection?

But if John wants to buy a thousand avocados he'll pay $6,000 instead of $5,000

3. Jose now sells the avocado for $6
4.John looks else where because the price went up and he lives in a free market economy
5.John finds Tony selling avocados for $4
6.Jose loses business
7.Jose realizes it's cheaper just to pay for the fucking wall

Mexico after they realize how fucked they are with no one buying their goods anymore

california avocado is $10

wat do

>implying I'll buy a $6 avocado
>Implying there's no where else to buy an avocado
>Implying that there already isn't a huge trade imbalance between Mexico and the US
>Implying those Avocados will pay for the cost of the wall

>thinking Mexico is going to pay for the wall
Lol.

Either Mexico pays and doesn't get their economy destroyed, or they don't pay and we just loot their collapsed country.

>>>>Will continue to be cheaper no matter the cost
>>>>Believes avocados other plants only grow in Mexico

Dude
The former is retarded, the latter is ill informed. Care to Google "avocados" before you shitpost about agriculture on another continent?

If market forces have conditioned people to pay $5 for an avocado, then Jose is going to have a hard time selling his avocados for $6. He'll have to take a hit in order to compete with California avocados that don't have a tariff on them. Jose will have to keep selling his avocados for $5, but he'll only pocket $4.17 now and the government will take $0.83 as a tariff on each one.

Then an increase in price will see an increase in substitute goods purchased.

If these come from Mexico then these will be taxed. If these don't Mexico loses.

This isn't even getting into how the maths in the op is clearly wrong. What kind of retard thinks a 20% tax on $6 is $1?

I only buy American avacados anyways.

>1 post by this ID
shills go home

The incidence of the tax depends entirely on the elasticity of the demand for Mexican goods, assuming there a close substitutes available in the United States, this would be the case, so for some goods the tax will have the double effect of having Mexican exporters pay for the wall and promoting American goods.

OP thinks someone would pay $5 for one avocado.

1.2*5=6

It's not hard and it's in step 3...

Why don't you guys ever use this model for the taxation of businesses?

Some basic principles for all you retards to understand: If people are just as willing to pay $6 than $5, the price would be $6 in thr first place. A tax always resuts in a net loss to both consumers and producers. In the case of food, the tax is almost always eaten mostly by the producer because foods are highly elastic (a ton of competition/ undercutting).

Also, just google Mexico remittance. Every year, Mexicans working and living in America send back 22+ billion dollars back to people in Mexico. That's double the projected price of the wall and one of THE largest sources of GDP of Mexico.

Look at what it says is step 4.

This, this is all so we as Americans start buying our own shit again instead of buying cheaply made shit from Mexico.

America first beaners!

well you know whats going to happen right...
>trader joes/whole foods will cont. to import mexican avocados at any price in"solidarity"
>liberal drones will cont. to buy said avocados because OMG whole foods is the best!
>liberals will complain about trump as whole foods' (a corporation) profit skyrocket
>liberals pay for the wall while we laugh at them and shop somewhere else that BUYS AMERICAN AND HIRES AMERICAN

cap it niggers you know it will happen

Thank god this wasn't an American.

>avocados are somehow worth tolerating illegal Mexicans
>implying we can't give up this hassle of a plant
Come on, m8

That is how you do taxes...
You multiply the Principal by the tax. then ADD the result to the Principal.
e.g.
50% tax on a $100 product
.5*100 = 50 ($50 of tax)
50+100 = 150(tax + price of product)

IF you will pass the tax on to the consumer (as suggested by the image in OP) then you'd add the tax to the selling price.

>Every year, Mexicans working and living in America send back 22+ billion dollars back to people in Mexico

What are you suggesting? Do you think they will keep sending the money through the bank if the Americans start stealing it?

Ok my dear Cleetus posters, repeat after me

>WHO IS GONNA PAID THE WALL?
>MEXICO!
>MEXIC
>MEXI
>MEX
>ME!

DRUMPFAGS BTFO BY DRUMPF ITSELF

>1 post by this ID

Hire mexicans so that california avocado can be cheaper.
oh wait.

1.Jack owns a avocado farm in California producing the majority of avocado's consumed it in the United States.

2.Donald imposes a 20% border wall tax.

Jack begins to sell even more avocados as a result of grocers throughout the U.S. seeking cheaper sources of avocados then imports from Mexico.

>Juan eats the cost himself, still makes $4, and corners the market, putting Jose out of business

That's a miniscule part of the market. The big money is in wholesale distribution and preparation of pre-packaged meals, who are VERY price conscious

1. Jose sells an avocado to John for $5.

2. Donald imposes a 20% border tax, so that "Mexico pays for the wall".

3. Now Jose sells the avocado for $5 + 20% = $6.

4. John instead buys a avocado from California for $5.50.

5. Now Jose sells the avocado for $4.5 + 20% = $5.4

6. Jose has $0.5 less than before. He pays for the Wall.

7. John paid $0.4 more than before for his advocado. He paid for the Wall too.

A tax

This ignores 2 things.

1) goods and country of origin are considered separately when applying import taxes.

2) The US companies that moved to Mexico still have competitors who manufacture in the US.

When the 20% tax is applied, they will either (a) lose their customers as they raise their prices, or (b) move their factories to the US.

If they move a factory here - well, let's look at Carrier. 800 workers making $23/hr taxed at 20% is $7.7M annually in federal income tax ALONE. (Doesn't include the additional $3M they'll pay in various fees)

And that's ONE. FUCKING. FACTORY.

Those 800 workers will also put ~$33M into their local economies every year, which will have sales tax taken (another $1.5M for Uncle Sam), be taxed as income for wherever they spend it (another $8M for Uncle Sam) and be reinvested spent by the proprietors of where the money was spent.

And again - that's ONE. FUCKING. FACTORY.

Oh... Mexico is going to fucking pay.

Spread those cheeks, Paco. The art of the deal is comin' for you.

>As recently as 2014, Mexico accounted for 60% of the avocados in the U.S

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/01/26/holy-guacamole-border-tax-could-hit-mexican-avocados/97120224/

Americans can't into facts

Well, they could start doing it through "other channels".

However, they risk said channels just keeping the remittances and send nothing (they get jewed), just slightly be a better deal than sending it through normal channels, or Trump makes sending money through other channels illegal and confiscates all the money taken from these unofficial channels that have been shut down.

Women

>Trump gets elected on promising to fuck mexicans

>Peso alreayd won 10% compared to the $

>Probably down 20% when the tax hits

>John buys his avocado $5 anyway.

Jose tries to sell the avacado to john for 6, but miguel from Chile says he can sell to John for 5. John laughs at Jose and tell the bean to go fuck himself

Also, important to note:

Worker salaries are not a huge part of a factory's overhead.

The ridiculous (and often necessary) corporate taxes ARE.

While environmentalism has gotten a bit out of control here in the USA, we're still one of the best in carbon footpring per capita (when you remove auto - because we actually have a fucking country and not a country the size of Ohio).

These taxes can be used to leverage businesses, in a very NatSoc way, to operate in a civic-minded manner.

Hell, Trump's even going to use them to get some factories into nignog territory.

Just remember when the complaints about worker overhead start rolling in - and they WILL - it's fucking bullshit.

The US consumes 950,000 tonnes of avocados annually. It produces 197,450 annually, 85% of which comes from California.

>cheaper sources of avocados then imports from Mexico

There are none. There are none that can meet the demand and none who can provide avocados to US consumers cheaper.

> (OP)

>Peso already down

Damn i can't spell

>We will now also have search dogs trained to sniff out stack of cash going OUT of the USA TO Mexico instead of only drugs coming IN the USA FROM Mexico.

You're still going to have a lot of hungry spics to feed pretty soon Pedro. And with all the illegals living in Mexico I think we'll do just fine with the avocados we have in America. How's life at the tuna canning factory?

I guess we just wont eat avocados. My routinely buys those things just to watch them rot in the fridge.

>1 post by this ID
ignore ctr threads
hide ctr threads

Dunno, Im not poor like you Cleetus, also US cant into avocado farming

Country of Origin is further broken down into Type of Goods when import tariffs are calculated.

If the farmers want freer ag trade - let them have their say.

I don't give a fuck that Becky has to pay an extra $0.40 for quac on her burrito. If that's what it takes to protect the American farmer in California - SO FUCKING BE IT.

Liberals would give a job to a Mexican before an American - and that's why they're essentially done in D.C.

Yeah this is also for you

Thank you.

They are a shit ton of other sources of advocados.

>7. John paid $0.4 more than before for his advocado. He paid for the Wall too.
But hat money stayed in the US.

>Graph shows a US based industry has been lost to mexico

>Taxing mexican stuff as an incentive to restart growing avocados in the USA is somehow a bad thing

>Mon visage when my family owns more real state in the US than Sup Forums combined

All rented out by your welfare system. They all keep stealing forniture and shit, what a bunch of criminals.

>I don't give a fuck that Becky has to pay an extra $0.40 for quac on her burrito.

I think you are underestimating the issue. The US only produces equivalent 15% of its avocado consumption.

>If that's what it takes to protect the American farmer in California
>protect

Protect from what? Avocado farmers are raking it in. The tariff would do nothing to Mexican farmers, they grow 12,500,000 metric tonnes of avocados and eat 94% of it domestically.

It would simply increase prices for consumers in the US and Canada.

>Not understanding how economies works
If peso goes down, then supplies and costs of agriculture goes up, transportation goes up, storage goes up, packing goes up, etc....

Middle man has to increase prices to avoid speculation and inflation.

So probably John needs to buy his avocados for 12, maybe 10 if he is lucky.

someone's doing the paying

>funding the wall with avocados
drumpflets seriously defend these meme politics

>They are a shit ton of other sources of advocados.

Mexico produces more avocados than the rest of the Americas and the Caribbean combined. There are no other sources that can satisfy US demand.

I am fully aware.

>There are no other sources that can satisfy US demand.
Demand is hardly a constant here. It would plummet with a price hike of that magnitude.

If they're 12, maybe John thinks "I don't need this many avocados..."

If I get what you're saying, mexico exports a lot but is completely dependant on products bought in the US or elswhere to produce it? So, basically, peso goes down and mexico loses competitivity?

WE ARE PAYING FOR THE WALL JUST FUCKING FACE IT.