Modi in india

redpill me on Modi

I know Bannon thought of him fondly, but I can't get a feel for what he's done. From what I understand he's inserted subtle nationalism but hasn't received the criticism others in the West have for trying the same thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/all-quiet-in-naxal-belt-government-may-have-finally-reined-in-maoists/amp_articleshow/49189381.cms
youtube.com/watch?v=f77pRSyRK84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a Hindu nationalist. Apparently ethnic nationalism is A-okay for everyone except whites.

Nationalism has very positive connotations here. Even a leftist party with a huge Muslim base here has 'Nationalist' in its name.
Modi's a typical Rightwing politician- Pro-business, anti-Muslim, national security hardliner.

How does he make that fly with your Muslim population?

Also, probusiness: as in economic nationalist or neoliberal globalist?

And what are national security concerns with India? Aggression towards Pakistan? I don't know of any existential threats to you guys, ignorantly

>How does he make that fly with your Muslim population?
You might have heard of the 2002 riots where he supervised the revenge killings of close to 2000 Muslims. That has kept the Muslims on a tight leash. It's also prevented any terror attack on civilians from happening since he took power. They despise him of course but have somehow made their peace with him

>Also, probusiness: as in economic nationalist or neoliberal globalist?
A bit of both by compulsion desu. He's a globalist free-market proponent who has to contend with a huge chunk of voters who are small traders. At the same time he's working hard to boost manufacturing here. It's a fine balancing act

The Economist magazine shits on him all the time for being anti-Muslim.

They even supported his rival knowing that he was a corrupt, inefficient douchebag.

>And what are national security concerns with India? Aggression towards Pakistan? I don't know of any existential threats to you guys, ignorantly
Pakistan and their state-sponsored jihad is the major threat ofc. The other major threat was Leftwing extremism - Naxalites/Maoists - largely disgruntled tribals and a few """intellectual""" sympathisers who wish to overthrow the "capitalist system" and replace it with...you know. Modi's dealt with them severely and that's one major issue that's been tackled

m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/all-quiet-in-naxal-belt-government-may-have-finally-reined-in-maoists/amp_articleshow/49189381.cms

>At the same time he's working hard to boost manufacturing here. It's a fine balancing act

Sounds like the perfect balance in this day and age. Seems like a smart guy.

Figures. Western white guilt strikes again. I wonder if the economist bothered to ask if Indians thought as artificially high about Muslims. Are they forgetting the bus attack already at the economist?

>Pakistan and their state-sponsored jihad

How is this not addressed by the UN, APTA or some such shill organisations?

Also sounds a lot like the
trump/Clinton race

Interesting, thank you. Anything else? Concerns about Korea, economically being preyed upon by China? Trade relations with the us and what direction the economy is prepared to take?

>corrupt, inefficient douchebag
>Indian politician

Par. Also Modi is a fucking idiot.

Anyone disaffected enough to believe in communism must share the same woes as any disaffected poor person. Right wing policy can address that too, does modi have any plans to integrate them into the economy or utilize resources in the naxal belt?

The US controls the UN. Pakistan is somewhat of a US ally. Go figure

Tbh Modi needs at least 10 years at the helm to set things right. Much of the economic growth depends on his reforms bearing fruit and being carried forward in the next decade. If he loses in 2019, God save us. Some of his reforms have been bitter pills to swallow albeit much needed. If the uneducated rural folks who form 60% of the population can understand that and don't get swayed by the opposition, his chances are good

Much of that depends on his party winning the tribal/naxal states' elections. Reforming those regions will take a long time

>Modi is a fucking idiot
Well, hello there Ahmed

>been bitter pills to swallow albeit much needed.
are we talking the black bill recall?

>Reforming those regions will take a long time
is there a plan for that? I'm curious how you reason with a commie, one that has castes no less.

>The US controls the UN. Pakistan is somewhat of a US ally. Go figure

Don't forget about China. China has been Pakistan's BFF since the PRC and Pakistan both came into existence. China has even referred to Pakistan as "our Israel" in conversations with US diplomats.

Btw Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh is Indian desu

He seems to be an incredible public speaker at the very least. A poo in the loo here showed me this video a while ago, I never thought it would be possible to make something like currency demonetization sound so inspiring.

youtube.com/watch?v=f77pRSyRK84

>are we talking the black bill recall?
That. And he cut a lot of useless gibsmedat govt programs or systematically starved them of funds

>is there a plan for that? I'm curious how you reason with a commie, one that has castes no less.
Ah it's a difficult situation. Some of the former Maoists have been rehabilitated with low-level Govt jobs (and are under close surveillance of course). The tribals- they represent the absolute rock-bottom of Indian society and just leech off welfare and affirmative action and ironically are the first to join Commie guerrillas. Moreover, they claim ancestral rights to lands rich in minerals and receive the backing of the human rights cabal which prevents mining activity. Honestly, genociding them wouldn't be the worst idea

he actually did get a lot of criticism early on because of allegedly allowing some anti-muslim pogroms to happen when he was a provincial governor of gujarat or whatever

I remember his election victory being compared to a KKK leader becoming US president

He was even banned for years from getting a travel visa to US until he was elected

holy shit this all sounds remarkably similar to the US.

Our native americans are the same story as your tribals. I didn't realize India had any kind of welfare state though, or gibsmedat. I never heard of work-fare in any major case but thought it would be a good idea. I'm curious to know more about your entry level govt jobs given to them to help them assimilate. Are they day care for idiots basically or do they actually make a meaningful contribution?

Also, how exactly does a lax religion like Hinduism become one of his defining features? I didn't think Hinduism had enough "substance" for lack of a better word to implement it in his style of rule

>He was even banned for years from getting a travel visa to US until he was elected

lol

what a joke

>The tribals- they represent the absolute rock-bottom of Indian society and just leech off welfare and affirmative action and ironically are the first to join Commie guerrillas

Aren't a lot of the Naxalites surrendering because the demonetization wiped out all the cash they had?

>Low level govt jobs
Basically peons, watchmen and such. A little better if they have a certain level of education

>Modi and Hinduism
Rural Hindus are pretty religious and generally despise Muslims especially in the populous northern and western states, which gave Modi the lion's share of his seats in the elections.

In the urban areas(again mostly the North and the West), Hindus are pretty easy-going and liberal and support him not so much for his nationalist appeal as for his free-market proclivities.

well, that doesn't sound too bad

we need to curtail a lot of outsourcing though, bu tI support their nationalism for them. especially given the mudslime invasion and partition of india

good luck

That has indeed crippled whatever was left of them, but they were already a spent force by the time the demonetisation began. Naxalism was effectively finished around a year or so back