I need your help pol/ice

I want to start carrying for self/family protection. I'm thinking something along the lines of pic related (S&W Hammerless J frame like a Model 37) or if you all can recommend something along those lines. I've never owned a gun, but I have been to the range once in my life. I don't care about capacity, and want the reliability of a revolver. I know you can't/shouldn't put a price tag on your life or the life of loved ones however, I'm looking for something 400$ and under price range.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8aRzVuel_hI
web.archive.org/web/20170202220737/http://www.kptv.com/story/29970449/police-home-invasion-victim-fights-back-against-four-intruders-shoots-and-kills-one
youtube.com/watch?v=pkRofcvfnHg
youtube.com/watch?v=VCAb3sh9E5g
youtube.com/channel/UCvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just get a hi point

>reliability of a revolver

model 629

>doesn't care about capacity

Why do you hate your life and family user?

The problem is unless you're holding that right up against them you'll probably miss.

>weapons
>pol
>literally have a board just for this

how new are you you?

Revolvers don't carry 15 loads and can't be reloaded as quickly as semi. Get a reliable semiauto that you can shoot fast and reload fast.

get 3 hi points

I mean, they've been around since the 1800s. Are they not reliable?

Not a bad choice, but look for the same gun in .327 Federal cartridge. Same amount of energy as a .357, with less recoil and holds one or maybe even two more rounds.

I'm not trying to go to war. And I'm sure I'm not going to be swarmed by a ton of niggers. The cowards start running after the first shot most of the time anyways.

>defensing oneself with 1800s tech

Police trade in Glock or Sig should run around $400. Way more useful than a wheelgun.

Well, due to the political forecast of ninjas and riots. I thought it was fitting. But thanks for the heads up.

Here you go op:

Later on when you get more experience with guns there are thousands of other options. But get these now.

youtube.com/watch?v=8aRzVuel_hI

you daft cunt

I'll check that out thanks.

There are reasons why revolvers see less use than pistols today.

Thanks user

you'd do better carrying a semi, but i do love revolvers, too.

Might as well tell him to buy a taurus

Glock 17 is pretty good, price is closer to 500 but the extra cost is worth it

After doing a lot of research on handguns that pretty much the gun I decided on for my concealed carry, but I wouldn't expect it defend a whole family. Its just something to have on my person at all times in case of an emergency while out and about.

You should have an arsenal to protect your home for a multitude of different scenarios.

Trump once said he owned a S&W in .38

S&W 380 bodyguard. Its easy to conceal.

Yes, for home defense, I'm going to want something else. But this is for carry, when I'm out by myself or with the family. Thanks user

patricians choice 2bh

I figured since he's a cheap bastard and doesn't really care about his family safety it would do

go to /k/
They will tell you to buy a .45

Personally a can't wait for hand held lazers.

Taurus 38 +p

Not since they started putting the key locks.

Korth > Dan Wesson > S&W

Don't fall for the revolver meme. M&P or Glock. I promise of you take care they won't jam and they really aren't complicated to take apart for cleaning. It's just a little lever you hold down and they slide right back.

kek
How does emo cock taste btw?

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Get a used glock 19/17

DIUUUHHH UMMMM IFFIN YU CUNT DO IT IN 6 U CNT DOOO IT

It's all fun and games until you have to reload.

I own several weapons and carry a .380 (I know, I know but I figure I don't want any background collateral damage). If I know I'm going to more 'diverse' parts of the city I have a 1911 .45 ACP.
The only reason to get a revolver is if you intend to leave it loaded for long periods of time, or are intent on shooting extremely high powered rounds.
The safest bet is a smaller, semi-auto learn proper maintenance techniques and carry an extra magazine in your holster.
Unload the magazine when you're storing the weapon to decrease the stress on the magazine feeder spring.
Choose the weapon that feels natural in your hand, I hate Glocks because they don't grip properly and they feel like a toy gun, my 1911 is solid, I have big hands and the grip is just right.

I carry a Ruger Alaskan in .454 casull.

S&W Bodyguard in .38

First and only gun for all purposes?

Hands down Glock 19.

Deeper concealment?

Small 9 or .38spl

Home defense?

12 gauge

web.archive.org/web/20170202220737/http://www.kptv.com/story/29970449/police-home-invasion-victim-fights-back-against-four-intruders-shoots-and-kills-one

go to /k/

they know there

I have that exact same Corrian countertop.
Nice weapon!

The OP has a damn fine choice. Hammerless revolvers will not fail you. A semi auto pistol may.

If a round fails in a revolver you pull the trigger again. If it fails in a pistol, you better be the only one with a gun and at a distance.

I've been wanting one of these when they began advertising them:
youtube.com/watch?v=pkRofcvfnHg

The best thing about a hammerless revolver I'd the ability to fire from inside a coat pocket; and a revolver in general is they can't grab the slide and cause a failure to feed.

But the much greater capacity of a autoloader outweighs that.

Sig P250

If you did want to go the semi auto route then Kahr CM-9 is very popular. I carry one all the time.

But if your really don't know anything at all about guns you are probably better off with the S&W .38 or similar revolvers.

youtube.com/watch?v=VCAb3sh9E5g

Hickok has videos on just about every gun made.

youtube.com/channel/UCvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg

Thanks for the feedback user. I'll take that into consideration.

For home defense just get a Remington 870 12 gauge.

>TWIN RUGER VAQUERO
>TWIN SHOULDER HOLSTER
>BIG HAT
they'll never see it coming

Also, take whatever you buy to the range and learn safety and how to shoot it.

>Not carrying around a Siggy or a Springgy.
figgy.

>I'm looking for something 400$ and under price range.

Get a Glock 19.If you can get a Police trade-ins is going to be around your budget.