ew.com/tv/2017/02/02/south-park-trump/

>905 of viewers are pro trump
>lets stop mocking trump

genius

>bend knee like a cuck
>say because it has become too hard
>is such a joke he satirises himself
MEMBER!?

They were so certain that Clinton would win, it was pretty evident with the way the last season tapered off that they're just not prepared to keep going the way they tried

It was only a matter of time before they learned how awesome Trump is.

they're backing off because they were totally wrong about trump, and trey & matt have lost whatever edge they had when they were younger. just like all the stupid leftists & MSM that were totally wrong, these guys can't admit that trump is in it to win it, and they can't admit that they were deceived by their laziness and unwillingness to actually research the subject of their parody/satire. they based their characters on the mainstream media caricatures, rather than spending the time & effort to study what they were mocking, and that is how they failed, and have continued to fail for many seasons, at being a good comedy.

it's unfortunate. south park has become that show that runs so long that the creators lose touch. reminds me of some other show that dried up comedically over many many seasons...uhh, what was it? oh yeah, pic related.

>we are going to back off Trump
>hopefully our dumbass fans will think its because of EO's or some shit
Its pretty obvious that they didnt want to keep the trump/garrison gag going for another 4 seasons. Its funny that the show got fucked by Trumps victory because they already had the story planned out around Clintons victory. They bit off more than they can chew and they are trying to save face for it.

The south park guys have always been semi based if a bit blue pilled. Give them time and you'll see...

>lost their edge
>won a Tony for a song called fuck you god

Still not going to watch them. They are obviously biased towards hating Trump and only poked neutrally at Clinton.

Now that people said to fuck off with the bias they need to get their viewers back.

I'm even more pissed off now cause they refuse to stick with what they believe in.

>won a tony

>want to branch away from weekly social commentary
>have stories arching over multiple episodes instead of weekly "what happened in pop culture" episodes

Id do the same. I doubt its less politically influenced and more creatively stunting for what theyre trying to do. Im sure theyll reinstate duck president

a (((Tony)))

Did I stutter faggot?

It's probably less to do with pussing out and more to do with not wanting to get trapped in a perpetual quagmire and turn the entire show into an Anti-Trump diatribe.

That, and as said, they completely dropped the ball as far as having their fingers on the pulse of society is concerned.

What...I was expecting more stupid garrison shit.

I saw The Book of Mormon in London the other day

It was actually pretty damn funny. Haven't watched south park in years so I was surprised

Anyone remember how they backed out of showing Muhammad live on tv? They used to have balls at some point.

>how many people in this thread read the article

They're backing off because reality is funnier and reads like more of a satire than anything they could do.

>winning a tony for fedora tier shit

>Whatever edge they had when they were younger
Their earlier episodes focused on the boys and their day to day adventures, with the occasional well-timed parody of the outside world mixed in where appropriate. This made for a much larger focus on the characters themselves, which made for better stories.
Also, the humour came from the storyline they set up within their show.
It feels like these later episodes are just complete parodies of whatever is going on in the world right now, with bugger-all character focus.

It doesn't help that they also took a really immature line (hurr, durr, Trump doesn't actually want to be president, he just didn't predict he would get this far).

The whole "fuck them all to death," bit was pretty funny though. The earlier episodes were filled with more stuff like that, exaggerations of something people felt was already over the line (not that I'm against deporting illegal aliens).

That was Comedy Central, not Matt and Trey

Last season sucked so bad they gave up

How are they going to back off of making mr garrison president?
Doesn't make any sense.

Shit, trips of truth. Well it does kind of help solidify my point a bit how they used to have balls?

I haven't watched South Park in years. Only cartoon I watch now is Family Guy and whatever is on Netflix.

maybe soros stop the cash

They don't have to remove garrison from being president, they could just stop centering all the episodes around him or actually show him in a positive light.

It was evident they lost touch during the PC principle season. Maybe lost touch isnt the word. It might be more that they became leftists shill during that season. They could have some great commentary on how the PC movement is killing comedy, but instead they ended showing it as not being all that bad by the end of the season.

It felt like that too, but this may have also been a saving grace. Mr Garrison’s character had matured into the new role as POTUS Trump, and it would have been such a waste if the original ending was some sort of sudden character death, or a bitch move of “well now it’s over and we all move on happily ever after”.

Mr Garrsion’s new character and persona offers so many possibilities for storylines and plot twists. I can’t wait to see what’s to come in the next season.

falling for the musical jew...

>cucks being cucks
nothing new here

They realized people stopped watching their shit show?

JUST

Actually they DID show Muhammad in one episode, the one where all of the religious "super friends" (along with Sea Man) team up to take on David Blaine & his cult.

>dude fuck God
>edgy
kys

Matt Stone sums up their views with the comment, "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."

What pill is this?

>still have that episode uncensored
I watch it every now and then, just to rub it in a liberal or mudslime's face.

>Simpson lost touch
I watched some of the older episodes recently and they didn't lose anything, they were always leftists trash. I was just too young to realize it

Whitepill.
The color you keep forgetting abot.

To be fair South Park repeatedly said mocking presidents are too easy, so they won't go there. I mean it unintentionally mocked Obama a little bit with Caitlin Jenner episode.

They finally realized they aren't funny anymore. I doubt they can recover their old quality after all these years of using politics as their crutch. Social commentary is like an addictive drug to the entertainer clowns because they don't have to do their own job

Is it fifty years ago?

>simbsons isnt good anymore
about time someone had the courage to say this

Ever since i heard south park was anti trump i haven't even bothered about any new episodes.

They were way over the line with the latest episodes the last few years about political issues.

South park was funny when they swore and made politically incorrect jokes however many years ago that was.

Go fuck yourself matt & trey.

how old are you thinking? The show's been on for quite a while

That niglet looks better in a suit than he does desu

radical centrism
aka >tfw too intelligent pill

lol that kobe tattoo

jeez that suit is fucking disgusting
that whole setup looks full JUST

>implying they don't agree with Trump and just use this excuse to stop taking the piss out of him while not alienating any viewers

he married a nigger

I just didn't watch the new ones since they seemed unfunny/forced. They did a whole season SJWs so it's not like I'd get mad at them, but that jokes been told a million times before and done better.

This is pretty much what it is, and their "reality is funnier and more pathetic than our fiction! Hahaha..." is them simultaneously making a little leftist jab and copping out of admitting they read the overall atmosphere wrong.

Meh this isn't really a big deal for Matt and Trey. They never make a lot of fun of the president in power. Sure he'll pop up in a few episodes but for the most part he's not mentioned. Bush and Obama were only mentioned in a few episodes, and bush isn't mentioned at all in team America.

South Park is still the best TV show, and I am in awe of M&T and thank them for the fun they have given me...I don't think they cared about politics but the Hillary winning line would have been funny as they could have lampooned bill Clinton as first gentleman, which would have worked with butters' sex war thamg

He's doing his duty and breeding blacks out of existence by whitewashing their genes.

he's so dead inside

their earlier seasons also seemed more defensible, too. where the earlier seasons stood outside of popular culture and looked in, the later seasons are more like popular culture looking at itself.

i do think there were some deep and meaningful attempts to address this unfortunate stagnation of identity (such as when stan can no longer make speeches, and the fine line between satire/reality that cartman comes to represent in his defense of female comedians).

however, the central theme of this story-arc-based season, that the politics is now crazy and trump is silly, is and was blatantly wrong. they even managed to get the jenner alliance totally wrong, sticking the hardcore republican with the democrat candidate, even though jenner quite publicly supported trump many times.

they missed a great opportunity to utterly shit on the mainstream media. they missed a great opportunity to show trump as a man of gravitas, passion, and power, which would have been a hilarious counter to the public's perception of him as a fool and a clown.

the show used to cleverly undercut mainstream and big media perceptions of popular culture. now it just seems to numbly participate in them without any critical or offensive value. the writing has lost its edge, and the show now seems to pander with popular-culture platitudes. the show used to be an equal opportunity offender, while still having an intelligent scalpel-like precision for dissecting large cultural issues. the offensiveness is still there, and there are some very clever things going on (i think too subtle, sometimes), but the intelligent precision for handling subjects has been replaced with lazy, hamfisted caricatures.

they used to do a really great job of nailing the essence of the caricatures they created (ie streissand, tom cruise, al gore, hillbillies, etc.). it's like they changed their research sources from Sup Forums to cosmopolitan magazine or the new york times.

what annoys me is how short an episode takes to make, and still, we have to wait between 6 months to a year for a half season.

and when it sucks after all that waiting, i dont really care much for the show anymore.

and its been so bad for a few seasons now.

it wasnt funny though

it felt more like when an aging ex-superstar artist tries to make a solo album to stay relevant. they try to incorporate new instruments and trends in music production, but they fumble them because they're not in touch with how these things are put together to create the sensations that trending popular-culture music creates.

musicians solve this problem by creating new projects to help eliminate the chains & boundaries & restrictions of the old project.

south park should have been killed.

90%
FTFY

>They could have some great commentary on how the PC movement is killing comedy
that was the impression I got from that season...

didnt they killed Trump?

Ehh, the musical itself was sort of pro-religion in the generic sense, sort of "religion is good for humanity but still not true" sentiment, but you're right, the song was pure fedora.

>You're fired!
member?

Why is he in Toronto in that pic?

Except they had to team up with the PC principal in the end to end it. He should have been the main bad guy, not the "ads" or whatever it went to in the end. And then the latest season he is just an accepted character that they want to belong.

this

the real election was more entertaining than South Park

Lefty false flag pill. It's the one you take when you support every lefty position and are ideologically indistinguishable from any other leftist but you want to look like you're balanced and fair so you pretend you hate both sides equally and are above it all.

lolwut
pc principal was brilliant
its more they havent pushed far enough with some ideas, like that girl thats actually an ad

you sound buttblasted
they are actually pretty funny still
they clearly counted on hillary to win, so they were a bit clueless for the second half of the season but overall a pretty good season

Is that his wife's son?

They could have done a critique on how PC culture is marketing's attempt to standardize a language for pushing shit by including everyone in a demographic for maximum profit, and the side effect it is having on comedy and to an extent free speech (South Park is a comedy show and always gets a little cringy when it takes itself serious and gets preachy, after all).

>old episodes from way back in 2006

back than they had the balls to make fun of Islam now they are lefties pussies

That would be nice. They'd be the first so it's still EDGY to not hate trump

>That niglet looks better in a suit than he does desu
but does he look better in a dress?

That's actually the 'canadian president' , from an episode before the primaries. Clear jab at trump as candians 'electred a brash asshole who just said whatever was on his mind' as a joke, but took it too far and he got elected. Mr,. garrison raped him to death

During the actual election season, they had mr garrison as a turmp stand-in, running under the name 'giant douche'.

Wait, did you really expect them to just keep taking snipes at Trump? They just spent a whole season doing that. They're not complete sell outs. Even they know when a joke runs its course.

Does any user have the Trump Curse pic?
They must be added

>They never make a lot of fun of the president in power.

Uh, I guess you don't remember "That's My Bush". While it really wasn't about making fun of the President as much as it was making fun of sitcom tropes, they still did make a show about the President in power at the time.

I don't know. Mayor Quimby is a pretty harsh parody of democrat. I don't think they ever really showed him in a good light. Like the episode Sideshow Bob ran for Mayor as a republican, they didn't really show one side worse than the other. In fact, Bob looked like a better mayor besides the fact he wanted to ruin Bart's life.

"new" simpsons started in like 2001-2002

I think back then, they may have actually believed that. Episodes before that and even during that time pointed out stupidity in general, and let's be honest, both sides of the spectrum have a ton idiots. People get more behind their respective "liberal values" and "conservative values" without actually trying to think about what that means, it just sounds good, even if their policies go against their value set. For most politicians, it's easier to stand behind empty, flowery language, than it is to actually legislate on good sense, because that does not guarantee votes for reelection like easily remembered and regurgitated buzz words.

>being this fucking dense
>taking what they say at face value

They are being coy, you retarded garment worker.

It was Garrison but it was an obvious stab at Trump since yes they did kill him off.

yeah that would have been interesting, fair point

Hopefully returning to the original format helps them find their groove again.

Why do people watch this piece of shit show post-Season 10?

>le its a current events episode because all our creativity is gone
Fuck off already. It's reddit-tier humor anymore.

Aren't they libertarian anyway? I'm pretty sure they were just being "anti-trump" to get on the good side of the leftists.

How to Spot a 15-Year-Old 101

fuck off you kike shill

The whole season was basically a Jeb! Tier waste

It's back on track with the past few seasons. People are divided on whether they like the continuity, but the quality improved a lot compared to the shitty 11-15 seasons. Not as great as the first few of course, but that's only natural for any show of this age.

who is she

do an image search, you lazy nigger. Literally the first result on google will lead you to the source of the pic. Goddammit.

How did those 2 semi white people end up with a nigger? Something does not add up.

>Burgers and their maths.

I've got bricklayers, plumbers and cleaners like you Marek to do menial jobs for me.