Programmers are the biggest embarrassments

Programming is a terrible profession. For one, you are not respected at a larger non-tech company. You're known as 'IT'. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job tells you to do shit, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite it being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code rarely works, your co-workers are smelly poo in the loo's, and the work never ends. It's like a Postal worker, but coupled with feelings of patheticness, lonliness, helplessness, rage and total hopelessness.

After Dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly remove you from the potential pool of mates as they know your earning potential is maxed early and your career over at 35. It's also highly embarrassing for a woman to date or be married to a programmer, as virtually everyone knows they are the grown up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the shame, scorn and humiliation that is the programmer.

Kill yourself.

t. double CS/Math major but remove CS from resume because of how shameful it is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MticYPfFRp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You jealous m8?

Get a job at a company that is a technology producer, not a technology consumer.

That's my life and I love it.

I'm at work right now posting this.

As a software engineer I find that my choice of profession is a real stumbling block when it comes to trying to ask a girl out on date. Usually the obvious question of “What do you do for a living?” comes up when I am trying to chat a girl up and I of course answer that I am software engineer. That is when I usually find the conversation takes a turn and all her body language and actions will say “I have no interested you now”.

>I have found that I usually get a much more positive response if I say I am unemployed and sitting on the dole. Personally it is quite hurtful to know that you stand a better chance of getting a date by lying and degrading yourself by pretending to be an unemployable bum rather than a highly educated professional.

TLDR: bait.

let me guess, you're poo in loo making 40k?

>dating women
>tfw no software bf to find my lost megabytes

No he's probably a """frelancer"""

Well, bitches hate smart guys because bitches are dumb. That's just the way it is.

this leaf is definitely jelly, programming is life.

>hacker man
Mar like autisman

>Mfw making stupid amounts of money for typing bullshit all day.
>Mfw women fall over themselves for someone that has actual financial stability and a career.
>Mfw slags, roastie scum, and qt immigrants are given jobs at my company because muh diversity
>Mfw they are dirty sloots because the liberal brain damage.
>Mfw my coworkers are weak effeminate men but I work out every day.
>Mfw I impregnate women for fun.

t. Virgin wow player

autism is the self motivator for hackers.

Go back to your shtty wow account

I don't know why you're so upset. I work as a freelance full-stack webdev and it's a pretty comfy job where I got to jump around to doing graphic design to backend architectures, on top of dealing with my own clients and elaborating projects which is always exciting.

>roastie scum, and qt immigrants.
I've never had sex, the post.

Didn't know banging rocks and throwing shit at walls counted as CS you fucking monkey
Or a Homosex that has only heard stories of the pussy

>he didnt go into programming in order to launch his own business

You have to clarify your gripe as you've said "programmers" which includes quite a lot of people.

Cs really is a fucking horrible degree, i had to take that shit for 5 semesters and it was horrible.

Network Engineer master race reporting in.

Java dev making 70k in my 2nd year at a top fortune 500 company straight out of college

Ask me whatever you want

I said CS you stupid hue

Also to add, I'm at work right now on my phone posting this as I wait for builds to finish. Yeah.

If you didn't have programming, you wouldn't be posting here...

>For one, you are not respected at a larger non-tech company.
That's exactly why these companies are getting BTFO by more tech inclined start ups.

wow who ever wrote that code needs to learn where the enter key is

Don't knock IT.

We have full access to your computer.
We know your secrets.

whats a good language to learn that's ''out of the way''

I don't want to crowd up other good programmers like your self but I want to make at least 40K a year. What would you recommend?

Theres a class for free at my work teaching C# and .Net is that any good?

well this is awkward... I'm literally programming right this moment

Programming is a great way to make a great amount of money. If you sit as a programmer your whole life and don't move up the chains it's because you're socially retarded and don't know how to manage people.

The reason why so many socially inept people like CS is because you don't have to interact with people much if you don't want to.

You've complained about "programmers" and "programming" several times in your post so at the very least learn how to double-check the garbage you vomit out of your retarded hanging slack-jawed mouth, you massive faggot.

Are you jealous of Network Engineers?

I'd say given the way the industry is heading, going down that path won't be doable for you. C++ probably would be it though since big corps all go java and these new mobile languages now.

>autistic soccer monkey imagines things
Average day in brazil

Nah. Though it would be cool to have all that power in a giant corporation to basically see everything while maintaining and upgrading it.

>freelancer
The real winners call themselves entrepreneurs

Hey leafbro,
Benefit of the doubt. Programming sucks, it's like being a corporate plumber.

Teach yourself some business and/or accounting. Getting a piece of univeristy paper helps. You'll be a literal god when they hear that you know how to use Excel.

What no one says is computers is one of the only professions where getting experience gets you nowhere. 20 years as a doctor, wow, teach us. 20 years as a coder, Fortran huh?

Tldr. You're right, so move on.

it does not matter what profession you have if you are autistic crybaby. I am working in software development and I have never felt any negative feedback from women because of that. Your description however fits perfectly on beta males, so maybe that is your problem.

I don't get some of you guys on here. I feel like some of you guys who call programming, stem, nursing, etc shit probably went through the program and worked for some asshole employer and decided the whole field is shit. There's more to careers than just one job. You aren't going to find a job where you aren't being yelled at by some kike wanting to bank money off of you. There's no easy way to making shit ton of money and not doing any work.

>Ubuntu

>tfw 20
>tfw SE intern at an investment bank
>£50k/yr
Could be worse tbqh.

Not politics. Saged.

I work in algorithmic trading for a bulge bracket investment bank. We get just as much respect as the old school traders, we understand a lot more about what they do than what they do about us.

In 20 years though I see development just being seen as a trade like plumbing or carpentry, a lot more people which will push salaries down. If you want a job for life, go into law.

Who the fuck cares anymore

That really happened wow I totally believe your life is so awesome

It could. You could be and 30 and make slave tier wages.

A guy who was 25 off quints

what's wrong with Ubuntu?

Slaves don't make wages you racist retard

>autistic goose imagines things
Average day in cuckanada

>OP got cucked by a brogrammer

The average US family makes 50k per year. You can make over 100k as a programmer. Suck it.

>autistic burger posts frogs and shit's self
Day of the aids is coming you facist shitlord

This, you dumb nigger OP. Just like being a chef at a 5-star restaurant and washing the shitters at McDonalds is both 'the restaurant industry', both producing shovelware for Indian telemarketers to shill and creating high quality cutting edge software to solve new problems is 'IT'.

OP couldn't discern between the two and is now cucked at work like he is at home.

15 actually you retarded leaf

>fortran
Real programmers don't learn languages. They know how to program, the language semantics is a minor detail. This is what counts, and employers know this.

Not if you're in a SCRUM team.

>have dregree in biology
>couldnt find job
>start college for programming

PLEASE

PLEASE TELL ME OP IS WRONG

>leaf
retard post discarded

Please elaborate, I want to learn this right.

nice try fbi, not today

All hail the infrastructure alliance of awesomeness.

Network engineers, system admins and middleware engineers are the bro tier alphas of the IT world.

This. If you are good, you can make $100/h. Fuck bitches.

>leaf

but youre a leaf

But I want to slam your programming boipussy

that code looks "minified"

>all the fucking memes in that pic

I want all these memes removed from programmer culture and offices in general. If you're such a colossal faggot that you can't sit in a regular chair or not bring your dog to work, then go be a barista or sandwich artist.

Pls stop such scary picture. You wouldn't post an emu to an Australian would you?

Programmers are like artists. You have it in you, or not. If you don't have it, then you will never be good enough.

Programmer here
37 years old
married, 2 kids
made 320k last year

>Max out pay @110-120k after 5 years
>Continue to get 5-10% bonus depending on the company
OR
>Go into contracting after 5 years make 70-110/hr as a corp to corp
>Pay yourself fucking change and pay almost no taxes
>Use business money
>Taxes are less for small business than it is for the individual
Honestly developers have brain problems because they're staring at the fucking screen 24/7. Go outside

>OQCCOO
wow that looks cool

Nice trips, leaf

Problem is software developers are not respected in Canada. Join a company that actually is centered around tech. You won't even need to work past 35 if you get enough stock benefits.

How come you'll become trash after 35?

>After Dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

Redpill me on Dentists. Are they /ourguys/?

This doesn't change the "career earning potential maxed out at 35" thing though.

If you go into any traditional job like accountant, law, consulting, medicine, or sales or marketing or hr at any big company, your earnings will still be increasing into your 40s as you manage and are in charge of more and more people.

But as a software engineer that doesn't happen nearly as much.

>t. double CS/Math Major
You have no idea what you're talking about. Live in SF for a year, make 6 figgies and fuck a bunch of Google's south American H1BVisa workers for a year then tell me how it's a terrible profession.

>Completed 2 year computer programmer course in college
>Still barely know how to program anything other than a glorified calculator
>Having trouble finding even a junior position

Hold me....

have more kids

programmers and engineers end up working under some douche with an mba in econ anyway

It's derivative.

BSA&Infra here, and Infra is way cooler, therefore I agree.

>le climbing the corporate ladder meme

Which uni you went to?

it is true. Infrastructure hero reporting in. I fix all programmers shit code by debugging it because they blame the OS and infrastructure as the problem.

"Mean time before innocence" is about 15 minutes.

I find your fucking problem in the hdmp in about 3 minutes. (fuck your dumb faggot java ass)

Then for the next 10 minutes I make fun of your stupid fucking dumb ass with the other infrastructure heros as we carve out new luns on the 90 million dollar storage system, execute preventative maintenance, and close some other faggot's incident ticket who said it was your fault also.

Then for the next 2 minutes I send an email to you, your manager, my manager, and politely ask you if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Then I go back to improving resilliency on everyone elses "single point of FAGGOT" and file reccomendations on application architecture becuase you fucking idiot developers can't write a god fucking damnit stateless application to save your mothers gauged asshole from when you were born [from it].

Hey bro, 24 here making mid 80s, how do I align myself to be in your shoes 3 years from now? Also we'll done

Plus if you're lucky you can create the next killer app and make loads.

youtube.com/watch?v=MticYPfFRp8

Why the fuck did the screenshot min.js ? That is retarded.

>programmers
>IT

Get your buzzwords straight, nigger

>when you realize the falling letters spell user

You can make that as a systems engineer or network engineer too?

Accounting is a dying profession.

>Automation.

I make 110k. That's without the money I make doing freelance work on the side.

t. M.Sc. CS grad
By the way, if you work as a programmer after graduating in CS, you're doing something wrong.