Meanwhile, in medieval Sup Forums

Meanwhile, in medieval Sup Forums...

>all those undefined territories

>Roman sultanate
DELETE THIS

The Mongols are a people of peace! Crusader incursions into the middle east caused this!

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

They werent undefined, we just dont have records of 600 yr old borders to a T.

That basically makes them undefined. What kind of ruled didn't have those borders set in stone?
Hell, WE had them, the rest should have too.

why is france not part of HRE other than them being undesirable gaul nigs?
Did Germanics not want in their borders GAUL?

NORMANS GET OUT

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Emperor crowned by the Pope covers the first two
>The fact that it had an Emperor over multiple kingdoms, duchies, and smaller principalities covers the last
Voltaire was a idiot

>implying they had any real control over the Papacy or Rome for most of it's history
>implying the """"Emperor"""" had any real authority over the dutchies and counties and wasn't just a figurehead
>implying it wasn't a clusterfuck bigger than the Balkans is today

Oops, misquoted:

More like Heretical Germanic Confederation

>implying they had any real control over the Papacy or Rome for most of it's history
I never made this claim. Charlemagne was crowned by the Pope, who was holy and Roman. His successors carry on that honor unless stripped (much as England is still technically Defender of the Faith).
>>implying the """"Emperor"""" had any real authority over the dutchies and counties and wasn't just a figurehead
>>implying it wasn't a clusterfuck bigger than the Balkans is today
Being a clusterfuck doesn't have anything to do with the system of governance. My country's politics are a clusterfuck, but cluster fuck isn't itself a government type; we're a republic.

Yes, specially after Luther JUSTed it even further with the invention of Protestanism. This would cause most of the """"Emperors"""" to be excommunicated or not crowned at all by the Pope.

> His successors carry on that honor unless stripped (much as England is still technically Defender of the Faith).

It should've been stripped the moment the lost control over the Papal States, which was in 1181.

>This pic top kek

I'm not sure France should be there desu. After all, we still sided with the protestants and allied with the Ottomans in order to fuck with the Habsburgs.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

>meanwhile, in anatolia

>not knowing your own history

Those Cathars are really chimping out. Better send in the crusaders.

It's the Sultanate of Rum. Don't give them what they want

I know my country's History and struggles better than random ignorant burgers on the internet, thank you.

Normans, GET OUT OF MY KINGDOM REEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAROLD IS MY KING NOT WILLIAM, PRAISE JESUS

Then why we're you questioning if you should be on Luther's kill list?

YO FA M M CHILL CHILL

ENGLAND JUST EXPELLED (((them)))

CELEBRATIONS BOYS

WE
WUZ
TRI MORETA
N
SHEEEIIIIIIIIT

Ireland stronk

>tfw sitting in some fucking wilderness blissfully unaware of the white european

*chants incoherently while shuffling his feet*

Gavelkind

Because despite the French Wars of Religion, we still managed to use the Dutch, Swedecucks and other protestant faggots to kill the HRE and the Habsburgs for us and help us take over Europe.

>Bald capped monks spend their days copying useless books

Anyone else hate monks?

We have to build a wall. Fucking Aztecs.

>dominios de las almohadas

???

Sweden benefited more than France, relatively.

The yellow clan declared war on the dandelion clan the other day. The (((gold))) clan has been providing supplies to both sides.
The chieftain didn't know who to help because they all picked the same color for their war banners.

Ungrateful heretical scum

The Wars of Religion fucked your nation up so bad you needed an absolute monarchy under a bunch of egomaniacs just keep things going. Meanwhile nations like Prussia and Britain took advantage of your power vacuums and aggression to become world super powers. France has literally never recovered from the implications of the Wars of Religion.

Napoleon's godliness exclude

Don't you know that all of Spain except for the kingdom of Asturias used to be controlled by Muslims? What do you think the reconquista was?

I lol'd hard. thank you leaf-friend

>tips bald head
Cuck monks don't even sire heirs to their family name. Sad!

Me make new took. Clean porches good.

Should show to Leaf Tribe?

Typical Anglo/Prussiaboo propaganda. Prussia becoming a world superpower? Top fucking kek m8.
What killed France was indeed the French Revolutionary Wars, post-war exhaustion and the demographic decline in the XIXth century.

prussia killed napoleon and napoleon II in prussian french war and defeated Gauls in WW2.

>kill a bunch of Habsburgs
>go home with little gains
>leave Germans with no leader
>only powerful state left in the north starts offering protection and building an army
>beats the remaining Habsburgs into submission
>beats on France a few times
>unites Germany
>beats on France a few more times

stay mad mate

>napoleon II
sure

FUCKING HRE BLOBBING AGAIN I FUCKING SWEAR

ooga booga got sum dollas for dah dreamtime snake bruz?

>dude we got raped for 30 years and he took us more than a century to just get back on our feet (by working with (((them))) and some more rapes by the French
>just as planned!

I think you're confused. France only fought 3 wars with Prussia/Germany during the last 200 years and won the last 2.
And the struggles France faced in the XIX century was indeed caused by a demographic collapse. Not by English, Prussian or Protestant (?) influence.

>*were
i'm getting tired i'm really sorry.

How much did medieval europeans know about asians?

didn't know existed.

disgusting map gore

>Dominio de las Almohadas
That's why Spaniard take so many naps uh?

>American education

Europe had direct contact with Asians since Roman times.

And Portugal was extremely rich, more than the rest of Europe thanks to the trade with "China"

FUCKIN GERMANS ALWAYS FIGHITNG US ON OUR BORDER

REEEEEEEEE

Fucking disgusting nationalist pig trying to abolish feudalism detected.

FUCK OFF, HEBREW THIS IS A FEUDALIST AND CHRISTIAN BOARD
FREE THE SPANIARDS, LONG LIVE THE SEPARATE KINGDOMS OF LEON, CASTILE, AND ARAGON

>figurehead
Not in 1400 you dumbass

Yes, but that wasn't in the Middle Ages. In Roman times Europe would come in contact with the Huns, who were the most frightening and devastating force in that time. They are described as Asian looking in historical accounts. Then there were other Turkic tribes who fucked around in the Balkan area after they were gone, and finally, the Mongols and all their successor Khanates in Eastern Europe.

>but that wasn't in the Middle Ages
200 years after the Middle-Ages though

tfw norman yoke

There were some explorers who traveled to China before the Portuguese in the Middle Ages anyway. They were aware of their existence and what they looked like. Portugal just established the trade routes.

FUCK KIEV

MAKE VLADIMIR GREAT AGAIN

>excommunicated
all excommunicated emperors were so long before the birth of Luther.

>Geez we are so corrupt
By that logic, Europeans should have never converted to Christianity.

>In the year of our lord, May 14, 1097.
>I am a German knight north of the Rhine, i have taken the cross and enlisted in Gods battalions to take back the holly land from infidels. God willing
>We begin our siege of Nicaea
> The Turks were no match against us, we meet a small band of Turkish soldiers outside their wall, we killed them all.
> we had their heads cut off by our men, who threw the heads of the slain into the city by means of a sling, in order to cause more terror among the Turkish garrison.
> the Turks surrender the city, shortly after.

>God willing, we travel three days to Dorylaeum, our scouts ahead report that a major Turkish army is waiting.
>The Turkish army mainly consists of light cavalry with bows and swords, go willing we will defeat them.
>As soon as our knights charged, the Turks, Arabs, Saracens and Agulani and all the rest of the infidel barbarians too to their heels and fled… God alone knows how many there were of them. They fled very fast, so they continued their flight and we pursued them, killing them, for a whole day, and we took much booty…
>If God had not been with us in this battle and sent us the army quickly, none of us would have escaped

> In the year of our lord, October 1097, we begin our siege of Antioch
>Daily reminder that the Byzantines are back stabbing assholes.
>The battle begun on Shrove Tuesday, February 9,1098, may god be with us.
>As our knights ride out, Muslim cavalry were slaughtered and the infantry were massacred.
>Thus, By Gods will, on that day despite being outnumbered our enemies were overcome. Our men captured plenty of horses and other things of which they were badly in need, and they brought back a hundred heads of dead Turks to the city gate…

> bitches don't know about my mad Ming economy and war machine.

On a silk embroidery forum, no less.

Yes, a lot of them were excommunicated during the period where the >H >R >E lost control over the Papal States, which was in late 12th century, but Luther's autistic religious wars would make it so that none of the Emperors would receive the crown given by the Pope at all. Charles V (1530) was the last one to receive it.

I would actually blame the holy roman empire's loss of imperial authority more on the popes than on luther
luther did in my opinion just cause problems for an already authorityless emperor, the popes did far more by messing with their system of governance and authority over Italy

> Year of our lord, June 7, 1099, we reached the walls of Jerusalem
>The city of Jerusalem is one of great fortresses… The walls in good condition and is manned by a strong garrison of Arab and Sudanese troops.

>On June 13, we launched our attack on the city. We have 1300 knights and over 10,000 infantry…
>We smashed through the outer defenses, we don’t have enough ladders to make it over the walls in sufficient numbers… we were repelled.

It's time to Make The Holy Roman Empire Great Again.

>At this critical moment we are reinforced by six Christian ships from Genoa and four from England arrived at Jaffa carrying food and supplies needed to make siege machines. This is a sign from God! we will take Jerusalem.God wills it

>One of the priests received a vision that promised victory is ours if the crusaders stopped bickering, fasted and walked barefoot around the walls of Jerusalem.
>God willed it, and a three day fast was observed.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
Pick none

> In the year of our lord, July 8, 1099.
>Bishops, clergy, princes, knights, foot soldiers and noncombatant.. All of us barefoot as we marched around the city.

>Residents of the city mocked us.. “They gloried in such mockery.”… We ended on the Mount of Olives, where Peter the Hermit preached an impassioned sermon.

> We launch out next offensive soon.

>We complete our siege towers and all the necessary preparations.
>Night of July 13-14 we move our siege towers against the south and north wall….
>God willing, we fire our crossbows at the enemy, slaughtering them, We control the north wall by noon.
>Our crusader force mounted the walls with ladders without resistance.
>Fighting in the city streets…

>tfw you will never walk barefoot around the walls of Jerusalem while fasting with your crusader bros

why even continue living

What country should I play as in EU4 lads?

>We begin fighting in the city, the Muslim forces are overwhelmed… we butchered the infidels like cattle.

>The army ran amok, and a killing spree began, Jerusalem was filled with so many corpses that we were unable to move without stepping on dead bodies,

>I slaughtered many Muslims that day. God willed it…

>The morning of the 16th, the city was littered with corpses. To the victor go the spoils. GOD WILLS IT

>The captives were set to work collecting bodies and carrying them from the city. Placing them in front of the main gates in huge piles, they were burned.

>Palaces and other buildings lay open, and silver, gold and silken garments were seized as booty… and in the houses we found a great abundance of every kind of food. This was tight and proper.

Ragusa

>The Margraviate of Brandenburg part of the Lands of the Bohemian Crown
>Berlin rightful Czech clay

Bohemia, of course.

>Palaces and other buildings lay open, and silver, gold and silken garments wew seized as booty… and in the houses we found a great abundance of every kind of food. This was tight and proper for the army of God, that the finest things that offered themselves to each man, no matter how poor became his by right, without doubt or challenge, no matter the social class of man who first came upon them.

>God repaid them. . . by exacting a retribution equal to their hideous crimes….

>Gods battalions are victorious, and the infidels had been driven from Jerusalem.
>Many crusaders begin their journey home… Im not sure if I will go back home or stay in the Holy land and defend kingdom of heaven…

What should my goal be as Bohemia? What should I conquer?

Underappreciated post

Ally France, Poland; rival Austria, Hungary.
Become the emperor of the HRE and MEGA.

K

>By holy orders of the King of Jerusalem,I ride out with my knights to besiege a Saracen stronghold.

>A Saracen force rode out to meet us, they were no match for our heavy Cavalry.

>As my knights take to the streets i make my way up to the castle bed chambers.. i find the wife of the lord lamenting in fear.

>My lust over whelms me and i ravage the lords wife while my men slaughter his garrison in the streets.

god will it.

good time from England

almohad is al-muwahid(uniter) not al-mokhada(pillow). The word for pillow in Spanish is from arabic.

We wuz
dva moreta!

GASSETH THE HEBREWS, REVOLUTIONARY BATTLE NOW
Also ceasar did nothing wrong

actually I believe the Bulgarians were at one point Serbian vassals

meaning you guys officially wuz TRI MORETA

yeah his wife was Bulgarian princess Helena. He took Bulgaria with his dick.