Dude... weed.... lmao?

So now that the dust has settled, does weed actually cure cancer? Or was it all just a giant meme to get weed legalized?

Because I can't find any evidence that it cures cancer past some anecdotes and "pain management". Why do potheads think that it's a total replacement for proven, long established, and effective treatments?

Other urls found in this thread:

oraloncology.com/article/S1368-8375(15)00362-0/abstract
youtube.com/watch?v=yNxhuxV7FV4
youtube.com/watch?v=wk50Szx_des
youtube.com/watch?v=nEpfS780kQ8
sciencealert.com/cannabis-harms-the-brain-but-thats-not-the-full-story
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24118193
healthline.com/health-news/casual-marijuana-smoking-linked-to-brain-changes-041614
biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(13)00502-7/abstract
forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2015/02/10/new-study-shows-smoking-pot-permanently-lowers-iq/
pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.12703/abstract
psychcentral.com/lib/cannabis-may-cause-schizophrenia-like-brain-changes
livescience.com/17707-marijuana-thc-brain-psychosis.html
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270262.php
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25624312
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The canabanoids in the weed help to treat skin cancer, but it is almost always paired with chemotherapy therapy as weed helps to combat the side effects of it.

>does smoking shit cure cancer?
no you retard.

See that's what I'm talking about. I've only seen weed being useful in pain management or to ward off side effects of aggressive chemo treatments. Which makes sense considering what weed does when smoked recreationally.

Speaking of smoking weed to cure cancer though, isn't that contradictory? Wouldn't smoking in general deposit carcinogens into lungs? Burnt material is a carcinogen when inhaled.

Edibles or vaporizing are viable options , retard.
Do not open your mouth without knowledge on the subject. :)

Doesnt cure cancer it helps with the symptoms of cancer like low apetite and stomache pains. That and it helps with the trauma that having a potentially fatal disease gives you

>vaping

Inhaling anything that isn't air isn't healthy for you, and also deposits carcinogens. From what I've been reading at least.

Weed is not all good. Makes you complacent and turns you into a sheep. Do weed do whatever, just recognize it's not good.

Yes you faggots

Cannabis has been shown to slow and in some cases stop the spread of malignant tumors

Doesnt cure but can slow

False

Looks like some bullshit propaganda to me. Entirely anecdotal as well.

Mind correcting the record then? Hookah also deposits carcinogens from what I've read.

Yes. Anything that combusts (i.e. cigarettes, weed, bonfires, car engines) release large carbon molecules (i.e. benzapyrene) that CYP450 can't handle. These get oxidised and then bind to DNA, causing large contortions, which can lead to genetic damage and thereby cancer.

Ok then, however you should remember summed up anecdotes make up evidence. That's science.
You should look up chemotherapy's origins. It stems from mustard gas research and Rockefeller money. Really.

Prove that theres carcinogens in vaporized weed

How does heating weed to 180F create carcinogens

There's a difference between fringe anecdotes and extensive scientific studies that control for a wide range of variables dude. Just because 2 guys "claimed" to have cured melanoma with weed doesn't mean I'm going to deny long standing proven methods.

>smoking tobacco is bad

>smoking weed is good tho

what did the MSM mean by this?

see I think he answered that pretty well.

>180F
>combusts

I dont think you know how modern convection vapes work

Neither are alcohol or cigarettes.
Take it a step further to amphetamines that Sup Forums glorifies because their edgy part jewish fuhrer liked to get morning shots and hand them out as go-pills.
Nothing is good for you , my friend.
The food you eat , the air you breathe , the retards you engage with on here.
Do whatever you want as long as you aren't a slave to it.

>long standing proven methods
>chemotherapy is lethal by itself in over 40% of cases
Keep up with the bluepill my friend

>refuse to fund extensive research into the many potential medical uses for cannabis
>LOL IT DOESNT EVEN CURE CANCER LETS KEEP IT ILLEGAL

I am pro-weed and I call bullshit on this.
Its not that much of a miracle drug , its only really been proven as a viable option to opiod pain management.
Its not a fucking miracle cure.
Especially not anything you have down in Mexico , spic.

Weed cures everything! (Except your addiction to speed, heroin and cocaine.)

>Nothing is good for you
Mostly drugs are good for you if you use them in moderation.

T. Pothead

It absolutely helps with IBS and insomnia.
Smoke for a night and my shits are solid again.

Weed is a plant and plants all have the potential to harbour fungal spores.

If you have a compromised immune system (leukemia and the related chemo treatments for example) consuming weed can give you a fungal infection and you can die.

However it does help with the nausea effects from chemo, though not as well as prescription anti-emetics.

There has been studies. None have concluded much in regards to curing cancer as far as I can see.

I wasn't saying that smoking it treats cancer, but in the form of skin treatment etc smoking it is the worst way to consume it.

>So now that the dust has settled, does weed actually cure cancer?

My grower got mouth cancer so I'm gonna say that's a hard no.

My uncle believing the meme that weed is a cure-all godsend drug fucking killed him when he actually got cancer. Yes it helps with pain. But he fucking believed that the doctors were in a big conspiracy against him and refused medical service, ending his life early. Don't buy into this shit meme.

I smoke weed, too, so I'm not biased as some weed-hater. But believing that it's a miracle drug even compared to conventional medicine is fucking retarded and it killed my family member

only if you smoke all the time, I only ever smoke a few hours before bed and a couple of days a month, mostly shit days at work.

Do they smoke cigarettes?

>chemotherapy is lethal by itself in over 40% of cases

Is that supposed to discredit the effectiveness of chemo? It's a horrible side effect, yes. But the effectiveness of removing cancer cells still remains. Jaber on about pills all you want.

Because vaporization does not cause a chemical change. Hookah is burning tobacco that is much hotter than vaporization temperatures that is passed through water.

Two completely different things.

Cancer patients don't smoke weed, user. When people say they're being given "marijuana" as a cure they mean either purified CBD (the patrician's choice, i.e. nabiximols) or cannabis extract (the pleb's choice).

Except when you're vaping weed it doesn't combust it vaporizes the THC giving you the purest form of THC possible. The not combusting part is important for vap, if it catches fire and burns it's not vape.
A dabudda vaporizer is a fantastic glass fit vap that I use, rarely have combustion with it.

my granny died in the 90's of cancer and she was using marijuana and was given the suggestions of smoking or making tea with it from her doctor, chemo got her though.

If you've been vaping weed for awhile and then you smoke weed you really start to hate smoking weed cause it tastes like shit

I found this article off a quick google search. Doesn't seem like vaping is all that healthy.

oraloncology.com/article/S1368-8375(15)00362-0/abstract

Interdasting. The times are a changin, though.

That's a fucking ecigarette link you giant fucking faggot, there's a difference between smoking ejuices and vaping THC you dumb fucking maple nigger

Saying weed cures cancer is like saying Bacon cures heart attacks.

its just something to do when you're dying. Give the fucking kid a break.

Hes gunna die before he gropes his first tiddy.

Isn't e-cigarettes and vaping the same shit? I don't fucking know man, I don't smoke or drink.

That kid is Jeremy Hammond, he was the main hacker for lulzsec, that image is shopped

>Cannabis and the lungs

youtube.com/watch?v=yNxhuxV7FV4

>Cannabis and the Heart

youtube.com/watch?v=wk50Szx_des

>Cannabis and Psychosis/Schizophrenia

youtube.com/watch?v=nEpfS780kQ8

>Marijuana is a neruotoxin

sciencealert.com/cannabis-harms-the-brain-but-thats-not-the-full-story

www.jneurosci.org/content/18/14/5322.full

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24118193

>Casual use alters the nucleus accumbans, associated with reward and pleasure

healthline.com/health-news/casual-marijuana-smoking-linked-to-brain-changes-041614

>The brains of chronic users produce less dopamine

biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(13)00502-7/abstract

>Marijuana lowers IQ

forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2015/02/10/new-study-shows-smoking-pot-permanently-lowers-iq/

pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract

>cannabis-impaired approximately doubles car crash risk

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.12703/abstract

>Marijuana induces schizophrenia-like brain changes, which may result in psychosis

psychcentral.com/lib/cannabis-may-cause-schizophrenia-like-brain-changes

livescience.com/17707-marijuana-thc-brain-psychosis.html

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270262.php

>Marijuana can cause pulmonary disease

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25624312

e-cigarettes are not the same as vaping THC. e-cigarettes are the same as smoking cigarettes except it's pure nicotine instead of all the shit an an actual cigarette has in it.
They are the same in theory but they are certainly not the same high.
Most hardcore cigarette smokers won't go for the e-cigarette because the want "the throat hit".

No they are different

A proper vaporizer will minimize any carcinogens

Inhaling anything other than air is bad but you're essentially fear mongering.
Pretty much you're a 21st century prohibitionist

Isn't it worth exploring though? All I ever see is the "pros" of marijuana being talked about. I think it's worth exploring both sides if we want to be objective.

What was the point of shooping the dudeweed kid into this picture?

I did a bit more reading. Seems like there hasn't been much studies done on vaping in general to make a call, but right now it's concluded as "safer than smoking for the most part" due to lowering the carcinogens created.

Other than that, it seems like it's all the usual business. Whatever negative effects you get from nicotine and thc will still exist when controlling for the effects of outright smoking it.

>fear mongering

He posted a bunch of proof that its not healthy, which should be obvious anyways. Im an every day toker but holy shit burnouts that spout "weed cures everything!" are fucking retarded. Its a known fact that NORML pushed the "medical benefits" of pot just to push for legalization, they even admit to it.

Its just like any other drug, it harms your body and alters your mind. Its fine if you want to use it but buying into all this propaganda about it magically curing ailments is retarded. I have a friend who says shit like "I know smoking is good for me", I cant take any of those people seriously.

you sound like a leftist that would willfully silence anyone present scientific data on the subject because it hurt instead of helped your cause. Then you try to change the subject to deflect and present a false equivalence to alcohol prohibition.

Nice try schlomo. Weed is degenerate.

So now that the dust has settled, does weed actually have no medical benefits and a high risk for addiction? Is reefer madness real? Or was it all a giant meme to get weed criminalized?

Because I can't find any evidence that it is dangerous past some anecdotes and "gateway drug". Why do cops and DEA think that it's a dangerous drug with no medical benefit, high risk of addiction, and criminal behavior?

Numbers confirm

Everytime I see that image, I have to laugh, because I'm pretty sure I know that kid.
His name was Andrew Buchwack (pronounced like buckwhack), or something along those lines.
And he was a Jew.

IT probably is better for you to smoke than to be addicted to pain killers if you have chronic uncurable pain,esp back pain.
Other than that it is degenerate.

>posts factual information
>"its fear mongering"
Oy vey lad worshipping a fucking plant

>That Duterte

Is it true that he is addicted to Fentanyl or is that a meme?

>Fentanyl

Isn't that shit lethal as fuck in small doses? Either way, sounds like a meme propagated by butthurt potheads.

That's such a typical play by the left it is almost clique.

Yeah its an extremely potent narcotic. Its stronger than morphine and most top level pain killers and is distributed in dermal patches most often because of its potency unless you are recovering from surgery.

I kinda thought it was a meme. Even if true it doesnt make his actions any less valid. There is obviously a severe enough drug problem to warrant action if he was voted in by the people after clearly presenting that this was his plan.

>there is a severe enough drug problem
there was.

>Descending doubles
Yes, Im glad we agree, lesser repeating-digits-user.

oy vey!

don't be fooled by the canabajew