Be me

>be me
>American
>fell for the college meme
>need take mandatory English courses that I've no use for
>professor is a huge cultural marxist and is co-opting the course for their agenda
>drop class, replace it with another
>professor is a huge cultural marxist and is co-opting the course for their agenda
Kill me.

American universities are such a fucking waste of time and money, but I'm in too deep to turn back now. It's funny because this class had a pre requisite (I need them both as pre requisites for another, Comp Sci class, whole reason I'm doing this shit) which was a 'lower level' course where we actually discussed a wide array of authors from Murakami to Tolstoy to Blake.

Pic related, the syllabus from both classes. Maybe I'll drop this one too and try again (there's a fee each time)...

>ENGL *1012 English Composition II: Seminar in Expository Writing: Writing-intensive seminar focusing on a topic chosen by the instructor. Provides students with an opportunity to explore a particular subject in depth and further develop skills of critical thinking, research techniques, and clear expression necessary for academic writing. Students should take English *1012 [2] directly after completing English 1010

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekFWPsXXcg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STEM autists should learn to read and write too, user.

Part of your college education is to see how well you can put up with bullshit. This is a real life skill that is quite useful.

I read all the time, and would even venture to say I'm well read.

The discussion and the material required for both of these courses is a joke. It causes me physical pain to attend and listen to my 'esteemed peers'.

college student here, I feel your pain.
I'm in almost the exact situation, and since the glass is graded so subjectively, my grade depends on me NOT showing my power level in any of my comments or classwork.

>Takes "Rereading Hip-hop"
>Complains about Marxist agenda

color me surprised

This

STEM autists write better than most langshits.

>going to Brooklyn College

Johnathan, get off Sup Forums you have work in the afternoon.

Yeah previous post was tongue in cheek. I sympathize. I actually really wanted to take some literature courses as electives in college, but almost all of them were pozzed to hell. I ended up taking a bunch of classics courses (Ancient Greece and Rome), and if you can believe it, the professors found ways to make even that subject progressive.

At my school honors students were allowed to take an English class on a topic they found interesting. I took mine in drug policy. Fascinating stuff. Though witnessing a narcotics anonymous meeting was very sad.

Sorry your college sucks.

>tfw fell for the college meme in a civilised country
>lecturers only talk about things relevant to the course, politics not mentioned once over five years
>cost me ~$600 per semester
>get out with actual knowledge of the subject i studied
>get a job three days after finishing master's, ~70k salary without having worked a single day in my life before that
fuck yeah usa, amirite?

Yeah, I didn't even bother trying to refute the idiotic commentary that was 'open to discussion' which basically resulted in 1 hour of everyone sharing anecdotes about witnessing 'persecution'. The class might actually be interesting if I could genuinely refute the material involved, I had a lot of ideas in that respect, and a lot to say...but then I'd definitely fail the course, become some kind of pariah, and just have to re-take it next semester.

As is, gonna have to struggle to find some way to agree with how evil white people are for every paper all this spring.

Almost makes me wish I recorded the discussion, it was so nauseatingly simple minded and almost uniform in its ideological bankruptcy.

What's wrong with that syllabus? Looks fine to me.

Stop whining you fucking child.

No stupid he's taking comp 2

Heh. I go to Brooklyn college too. I'm a comp sci major.

Actual essay prompt for a class on the US-Mexican border I took at UCSB. How far can you make it?

English teachers are always obnoxious liberals. I'm taking a BUSINESS communications class, and she confused why the kids in that class are a little bit more conservative. They all bash on Trump all day but still.

The professor's name is Ralph Armbruster-Sandoval btw

>>Takes "Rereading Hip-hop"
>>Complains about Marxist agenda
It's a mandatory English Composition class, actually.

The lyrics and accompanying youtube video the professor shared for the first class weren't even really in English, so it's fucking baffling how that is permissible. You can see why I dropped it and tried another Prof. No luck either way.

I'm a CS major too. I don't even know why I'm taking it at Brooklyn College, their CS department is terrible and it really is a liberal arts shithole.

I'm confused. Hip-hop in comp2?

...and the history of hip-hop? like... how it went from sugar hill gang to jewish controlled recording labels creating fake studio gangster degeneracy?

totally getting your moneys worth user, i hope you have a scholarship paying for this garbage.

The cringe I'm feeling is hard to describe within the boundaries of human language.

Considering the quality of some of the European """students""" I've seen while working on my PhD, I'm not sure I would brag. Nothing's better than bursting their bubbles when they realize their novel "research" is decades old American industry work that's been discarded to the scrap heap of irrelevancy.

But hey. At least it was """free""". Now, start paying your taxes at a rate you can't even know because it's a VAT. Ahmed needs to go to college too. And he needs a house and a wife.

>tfw taking out loans and commuting 1 hour there and back everyday by bus to listen to Jewish trickery
I want to die.

City College is definitely better for comp sci, but it's over an hour and a half away. Brooklyn college is 15 minutes by bus. I'm still considering transferring.

>It is a place safety and respect.
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE "OF"?!
>English.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There are literally 30+ sections of this class at brooklyn college. all the syllabi are available before beginning of semester so you can scope out the bullshit ones. worse case scenario you can email the professor ans ask in your nicest ass-kissing tone.

this is literally standard procedure for anyone at a liberal stronghold school.

You think that shit is bad? Just wait till you take your required culture credit. I had to take gender and racial policy on American law and it's exactly as bad as it sounds

my college english class was on twilight and older legends of vampires

my teacher thesis was they were stories about promiscuity

i expanded upon it by saying it was about jews

I got an A :D, thanks Sup Forums

He's taking composition 2, it's a required course for every bachelor's degree you uneducated faggot

Water does not cut through rock because of its strength, but its perseverance.

>. all the syllabi are available before beginning of semester so you can scope out the bullshit ones
I wish this were true. And most of the courses are limited as you can see in your image, you can't enroll in half of them unless you are in a particular program so all the 'normal' ones fill up quickly.

I graduated last June. I don't remember what I took for my culture credit, I think it was an anthro class. Nothing even came close to what I posted though.

Do you think rereading hiphop is an actual class you fucking autist?

Just go full redpill on every single essay. Challenge the professor too. Record everything and if he tries to fail you go to an academic advisor and explain the professor is not being objective and trying to force an ideology upon you and failing you for not falling for it.

Don't do this, you're wasting your time and energy on petty things. Focus your energy on your studies, jobs, relationships, trades and memes. Keep it real.

I can't even begin to describe what a bad idea this is. There wasn't a single even remotely dissenting voice in the class/discussion I attended yesterday, and everything about the 'work' is SATURATED with the agenda and ideology you describe, it's the norm, there's no way anyone will side against that especially from within the school.

What you suggest is best case scenario failing the course and needing to retake it again for more time/money, worst case facing expulsion.

I live in Brooklyn too. I guarantee you're black if you're going to that college.

I am not, but there's certainly no lack of minorities. It's mostly Russians and blacks it seems to me.

Which is very typical of Brooklyn.

Well you should at least challenge the fucking professor on his bullshit. I did when I was in school. Is it really that bad now?

Oh it's in Brooklyn, didn't see that before. Get the fuck out of there dude come down here to Florida or something.

Go torrent a movie called "Ixcanul". It's on torrentz2, for example.

It was supposed to be lefty shit, but it ended up being a really good account of what happens when retarded guatemalan indios refuse to learn spanish and only speak in their dead tongue (24 different recognized indio languages here. In a country with a population of only ~15M).

It would serve as a perfect counterargument to the bullshit in the image you posted, even if it's now too late and you're not in that class anymore.

>dont confront the system user! Just forget about it.

>whos_behind_that_post.jpg

>American education

You need help if you think you're making a difference in a god damn english class. It's your time, not mine you're wasting.

General studies are a joke in universities. In my freshman English class we had to watch this video and write a report on it. I just spend 4 pages talking about his delusions.
youtube.com/watch?v=ekFWPsXXcg0

Don't worry though, upper division Computer Science classes are a great starting point in an education. You should do things outside of class too.

just take the class and take opposing viewpoints in your report. Obviously dont redpill your teacher too hard or you will fail. Use concern trolling in your reports to scrape by. You'll probably be looking at a B+ max even if your reports are bulletproof, because the prof will feel like the A's should be preserved for the kids who "get it."

Why not write a book to challenge what people think? Instead of your teacher who'll give it a grade and toss it

Yeah I've made my peace with this particular class.

I've decided to seemingly position myself from within the leftist viewpoint to subtly deprecate and diminish it. I've some idea of how to go about this, so I feel a little better about the whole thing.

Still, I fucking dread the fact I have to read these completely meritless books and generally waste a tremendous amount of time, energy, and money that could be better spent on something useful.

Oh well, what can you do...

you clearly didn't go to uni if you think it isn't.

Selections from my Alma Mater

Introduction to Hip Hop Studies -3000 level ENGL/ETHN class

Indigenous Rights and Red Power Movement - 3000 level ENGL/ETHN class

African American Sport Experience - 4000 level senior ETHN/Diversity studies class

Foundations of Critical Theory followed by Critical Theory of the Frankfurt School - :Literally a year long class, no memes.

These classes and ones like them are 95% your picks for REQUIRED philosophy and diversity studies.

They're also worth being angry at for inflating grades. You don't need to know or do anything other than nod along with the agenda to get an A in these anti-classes. It's frustrating.

At least we get paid in dollars and not band-aids you fucking HEALTH PACK REEEEEEEEEEE

>, I fucking dread the fact I have to read these completely meritless books and generally waste a tremendous amount of time, energy, and money
Cliffnotes

>class requires writing 10+ page reports on the material
Sadly no, despite the complete lack of seriousness in topic, the fundamental framework of the course has some small degree of rigor.

>tfw need to interrupt my reading of Faust to read about dindus who dindu

Big fucking whoop. It's 2 semesters you will live..

It's a serious problem that so much of the American youth is being heavily indoctrinated by once legitimate institution of learning. They're literally teaching people how to not think critically and on top of that they are saturating the economy with useless degrees and people with little to no useful technical knowledge -- both depreciating the value of all degrees and and creating a feedback loop that necessitates further education in a flawed system that perpetuates itself at the expense of the public.

Also it's 1 semester faggot. After that, I'z be free. Still a vile and repugnant experience though.

My english class was run by a jew feminist.
The first 20 minutes of the first class was spent talking about feminism.
The entire rest of the term was spent talking about feminism, the need for imigration, and how gloabalism is a good thing.
There was constant subtle white bashing and white guilt left and right.
The book we read was a collection of "essays", when the authors were checked they were overwhelmingly jewish, a couple blacks and an asian were in there too.

The black said "there are no such thing as white people" and "white people dont really exist because they are all mixed with other races like germans and scandinavians" and "over time more and more races will fit into the white catagory just like italians and jews have done".

The asians essay was titled "white people cant parent" or some shit.

Nah Euros were fighting it out with the Chinese to see who could be the least innovative at my school. Don't even know why we bother to admit you honestly.

Well now your fucked OP. Should of dropped out of Highschool before wasting all that time.

redpill me

should I go to college? seriously asking.

it depends on what you want to do

The useless talentless English professors doing intro classes nearly ALWAYS are liberal. Learn to bullshit them and get an A even tho they're degenerate Marxist scum. Consider taking it online but even then you will need to lie convincingly. Always argue for the position opposite of your own. It will sound silly to you but professor gives safe-speech a B at least, unless you are a FUCKING WHITE MALE.

if you have to take loans for it. no.
get a job, start a career, in 4 years time you'll probably have enough influence to get your employer to pay for it, if not at least some of it.

The answer is a resounding no, unless you've the financial means to not care either way.

It's a huge scam for 90% of people involved. You'd be better off working for 4 years or learning a trade or even doing the coding autodidact thing, basically anything else. College is the option for people too stupid or too lazy to think about options, to choose their own path, it's the default and thus, obviously, hugely overpopulated which inversely makes the degree less worthwhile. The only reason I'm attending is because of my parents, they literally signed up for me and filled out the loan forms and everything. I went to placate them, and now I'm trapped.

If taking out massive loans to learn garbage and indoctrination by either tenured and/or incompetent professors who became teachers instead of joining the real workforce (teaching whatever useless shit THEY were taught) appeals to you, go for it. Doubly so since it doesn't guarantee anything resembling employment once finished and in many cases does not result in such.

>if you have to take loans for it. no.
Yes, I would have to take out a lot of loans. I love education but the cost today seems like a ripoff.

And you SHOULD HAVE learned English in school.

I know how you feel.
I went in for food science and had to take a fucking humanities class.
All they did was talk about muh white oppression.
She literally passed all the girls pamphlets on sperm clinics and told them about how they can fight racism by having mixed babies.
A girl made the mistake of telling her she wanted her kids to look like her and everyone got fucking pissed. And from then on that girl only got bad grades and dropped.
I'm mexican and dark so I straight up said I was muslim and I was left alone.

I told my white friend to say he was Jewish and it also worked but godamn. I don't need to learn about social bullshit when Im gonna be working in a fucking lab.

The level of Euro students can highly depend honestly. Universities in Belgium and the Netherlands are pretty good; almost all in the world wide top 100 universities. France and Germany have some good ones too but also some shitty ones ofcourse because they're bigger countries. The UK also has some top tier institutions, but you need to pay more

If you're a student in Spain or Portugal, you'd better go to a private university and pay 15k because public unis there are worthless.

Jokes on you, I did drop out. Perfect score on my GED afterwards too. This conformist shit hurts my soul. I hate my parents.

Also...
>your

>and told them about how they can fight racism by having mixed babies.

>English level classes
>too deep

Bitch, my class schedule is Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5. You think the rest of us don't put up with bullshit professors? Grow a thick skin. You're not here on Sup Forums because you have a thin skin. Grow up like the rest of us

>Brooklyn College
>Not just taking Early or Pot-Civil War American Lit

You're a fucking idiot.

I see a lot of replies that say the only way is to nod and agree and write in agreement with the professor. But is the only way? Is there a way to write in disagreement, if you say dont just write un-cited ideas you got off pol but actually back it up?

>I told my white friend to say he was Jewish and it also worked but godamn.
>mfw I was already planning to do this too

end public school
end government regulation of school

sick comeback. i hope you had fun studying only what your government wanted you to.

>>Brooklyn College
>>Not just taking Early or Pot-Civil War American Lit
>You're a fucking idiot.
I need to take this particular class for a CS Bachelors because it's a pre-req for Computer Ethics, which is a standard requirement. And of course it also had a pre-requ. Do you think I'm taking this recreationally, are you retarded? It's 3 absolute bullshit classes that ultimately have nothing to do with what I intend to use my degree for...

you are a massive whiner. why don't you
>take your own advice
or
>kys
mommy and daddy might be sad for a while but you won't be any great loss

Then go to a different University that is more respected than Brooklyn Fucking College.

Why didn't you go somewhere else? Go out of state to a better school. Yeah oos tuition sucks, but cost of living will be so much better outside of Brooklyn.

>kys
I'm open to the idea, considering it for a while now.

>take your own advice
I did take my own advice for as long as I could. Dropped out of HS, started college late. I should have carried on with that instead of trying to appease my parents. There was more dignity in that.

>hurr durr why don't you just completely uproot yourself and double down on loans to gamble on a different school in a different city that will probably even worse
ok goyim

probably be*

And again, if this isn't somehow abundantly fucking clear...

Mine is not an isolated incident. I am not simply complaining about the state of affairs in my life. Nearly every single college in all of America is run by cultural marxists just like mine, this is a massive problem as they are fundamentally brainwashing the current generation and making them into uncritical debtor monkeys trained against their own interest.

When I had to take my english exam I just wanted to make it quick without attending her stupid classes, and she threw a bitchfit and DEMANDED I read her goddamn shit and answer questions on it to prove my knowledge.
I could've flipped off in 100x and more ways in her own subject but I just gave up and apologized, don't bother arguing with them since they can and will lower your grade if you piss them off.

>I know how you feel.
>I went in for food science and had to take a fucking humanities class.
>All they did was talk about muh white oppression.
>She literally passed all the girls pamphlets on sperm clinics and told them about how they can fight racism by having mixed babies.
>A girl made the mistake of telling her she wanted her kids to look like her and everyone got fucking pissed. And from then on that girl only got bad grades and dropped.
>I'm mexican and dark so I straight up said I was muslim and I was left alone.
>
>I told my white friend to say he was Jewish and it also worked but godamn. I don't need to learn about social bullshit when Im gonna be working in a fucking lab.
> I don't need to learn about social bullshit when Im gonna be working in a fucking lab.
>mfw

Good luck mexibro, same for the others suffering similair fates.

Then you're just an idiot for going to a shitty public school in Brooklyn. Congrats on staying in liberal capital New York, going to a shit school because you couldn't get into any of the in-state privates, and con-fucking-grats on taking these shitty classes that no self-respecting University would require its students take. Fuck off.

theres some professors that are lefties that still will grade fairly and respectfully disagree if you have a well thought out cited paper, but thats a gamble.

its easier to just let them live in their echo chamber, get the easy A, and move on.

let me guess hes a """Doctor""" too?

Most Universities you could just take Art History, Philosophy, and Psychology and you can have Fine Arts/Humanities credits done with. Why anyone would willingly take a class that talks about white oppression I don't know.

Good thing you can test out of a lot of a lot of the "well rounded" classes. The worst I had was a bernout environmental speech class, but it was incredibly easy to pass by hugging trees in every speech.

I think a lot of them are not aware of that, or it has forcibly been asserted to people like him, that or he was too late to do so, because all the white's/asians/etc were already smelling fire.

Either I hope it becomes something of the past real quick.

fuck American colleges, I got like six courses left for my bachelors and my school is filled with groids and retards that shouldn't even be there. I literally read ebonics every week and am supposed to hold discussions with these people

I think it actually has a lot to do with people wanting easy grades and Universities just trying to push kids through. It wasn't too long ago when Philosophy was a required course at University. Now colleges won't recommend it to you, you have to take it if you want something challenging,

I know I'd rather have a challenge than sit in a room with people I hate for an hour 3 times a week, but some people I guess would disagree.

do not do this at all. Only the idiots do this, just keep your head down and if you have to sperg make your battles count.

It's part of the reason we're in this mess your fucking moron. We let progressives establish their beachhead in our schools, and they got to influence a huge number of young impressionable students passing through their hands. If you don't think that's a problem, you've missed the point entirely and you're basically a cunt.

>that no self-respecting University would require its students take. Fuck off.
>t. NEET
go to school then talk

this is everywhere

this is why even Yale students basically rioted over halloween costumes

ideology is effectively in the water of America

sure you aren't a fucking SJW faggot
>posting steven universe memes like a fairy

Reminds me of how in the commie days it was obligatory for everyone to take Marxism as a course.

True, but I see it the same as with Algebra, if you don't have a feel/knack for it, or are interested in it. Than you might as well not take it, and it should be optional.

However, here we have user being indoctrinated the teachings of the jews.
That shouldn't even exist at all.
The only thing when that could, and not should happen, is because your kike teacher single whore alcholist is ranting again, and is about to get fired.

>Why anyone would willingly take a class that talks about white oppression I don't know.
It's an English Composition class. It is required for almost every degree. The topic/focus of the class is up to the choosing of the professor. Nearly every Prof chooses some kind of cultural marxism to be the expository lens.

This marxist indoctrination is rampant even in the flagship university of a solid red southern state.

You got a problem with that you colossal nigger-faggot?
Fucking fight online and irl me you fucking boiïpucciï slurping feminent penis inhaling pussybitch.
>Check em.