Whats the story behind the the Ridiculous growth of Breitbart Sup Forums ?

Whats the story behind the the Ridiculous growth of Breitbart Sup Forums ?

alexa.com/siteinfo/breitbart.com

It suddenly has become one of the most visited sites on the internet, more populair than Sup Forums etc.

alexa.com/siteinfo/Sup Forums.com

Other urls found in this thread:

alexa.com/siteinfo/Sup
google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=breitbart,Steve Bannon
google.com/trends/explore?q=fake news,wikileaks,breitbart
alexa.com/siteinfo/wikileaks.org
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/07/blow-breitbart-news-sets-traffic-records-july-192-million-pageviews-31-million-uniques-89-million-visits/
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/07/breitbart-news-hits-record-240-million-pageviews-37-million-uniques-in-october/
similarweb.com/website/breitbart.com
alexa.com/siteinfo/huffingtonpost.com
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/12/breitbart-news-breaks-top-10-u-s-media-publishers-largest-growth-social-media-engagement/
theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/01/gamergate-alt-right-hate-trump
imagefap.com/pictures/1772634/Pickle-Chan.
alexa.com/siteinfo/breitbart.com
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/11/17/breitbart-news-network-born-in-the-usa-conceived-in-israel/
youtube.com/watch?v=se_1M-ndrJM
politico.com/tipsheets/morning-money/2016/11/bannon-on-banks-217430
sgtreport.com/2014/05/nigel-farage-the-entire-western-financial-system-is-a-mirage/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CNN is fake news

>Whats the story behind the the Ridiculous growth of Breitbart Sup Forums ?

Steve Bannon, you know right?

>more populair than Sup Forums

hey reddit!
Sup Forums was never a popular site!

Whoops i meant Sup Forums.org*
alexa.com/siteinfo/Sup Forums.org

They tried to censor it. Streisand effect.

The fake news meme is the type of viral marketing that the late Andrew could only dream of accomplishing.

>Sup Forums was never a popular site
>calling others reddit for this
hahahah!
Sup Forums is one of the most popular websites on the internet, you fucking idiot. the number of users on Sup Forums increased more than 300 percent during the election. you're the only nu-pol here, cunt.

>Steve Bannon, you know right?

google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=breitbart,Steve Bannon

All kinds of strange spikes are happening.

I'm just wondering how did they grow this fast, how can this growth pattern be replicated?

They published on what others didn't dare, like Muslim rape statistics or Talcum X or campus rape culture not existing. Going against the narrative attracted people. People started speaking against them, creating a Streisand Effect, attracting even more people.

>look at all the evidence I presented that support my claim

That website was mentioned on our TV news as well, so it just got a fuckton of attention.

-right wing when everyone else is peddling leftshit
-suddenly very relevant thanks to Trump and other rebellious right wing elements

People like being on the winning side.

Shit, that looks like someone I went to school with. I better hope it's not him, because I'd hate to see him as a pretentious ass as he had always came off as.

>The fake news meme is the type of viral marketing that the late Andrew could only dream of accomplishing.

google.com/trends/explore?q=fake news,wikileaks,breitbart

alexa.com/siteinfo/wikileaks.org

Well but google trend says wikileaks has been searched for a lot more, even though they are not a populair site.

So i wonder if virality can really be used to explain the breitbart phenomena.

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/07/blow-breitbart-news-sets-traffic-records-july-192-million-pageviews-31-million-uniques-89-million-visits/

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/07/breitbart-news-hits-record-240-million-pageviews-37-million-uniques-in-october/

similarweb.com/website/breitbart.com

Maybe someone is fucking with the alexa.com data? Not sure what the fuck is going on.

a place to look for news after revelations the MSM was in the pocket of the democrats and proved to be the lugenpresse

>All kinds of strange spikes are happening.
>I'm just wondering how did they grow this fast, how can this growth pattern be replicated?
Milo and gamergate got them readers that wouldn't normally go looking for right wing news sites. They then exploited that the majority of media behaved the same way as game journalists do and expanded into anti-sjw articles. As most people were fed up with SJW rhetoric they quickly gained more readers. Mainstream media doubled down on SJW articles rather than being more centrist leaving them with no competition.

Same sort of pattern during the primaries and election. If people wanted to read an article about trump that wasn't hysterically alarmist they only had a few options. Once browsing habits are established people rarely change.

Try any site that gives web traffic data, you muslim cocksucking weakling

was linked to drudgereport

got views

people liked it and just have it saved(I do)

Trump for the win

Death to CTR

Death to Indoctrination from the pedo left.

Filling a niche that needs to be filled.

Fox is pure neoliberal trash, they might be "conservative" in name but they are globalist shills at heart. Breitbart is an actual nationalist news outlet, something that hasn't existed in America in a long time.

alexa.com/siteinfo/huffingtonpost.com

huffpo is still more popular

>>All kinds of strange spikes are happening.
>>I'm just wondering how did they grow this fast, how can this growth pattern be replicated?
>Milo and gamergate got them readers that wouldn't normally go looking for right wing news sites. They then exploited that the majority of media behaved the same way as game journalists do and expanded into anti-sjw articles. As most people were fed up with SJW rhetoric they quickly gained more readers. Mainstream media doubled down on SJW articles rather than being more centrist leaving them with no competition.
>Same sort of pattern during the primaries and election. If people wanted to read an article about trump that wasn't hysterically alarmist they only had a few options. Once browsing habits are established people rarely change.

Interesting.

Also found a comment on this article;
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/12/breitbart-news-breaks-top-10-u-s-media-publishers-largest-growth-social-media-engagement/

"Breitbart played it smart.

They knew from the traffic who had the support in the race as a result BB was the recipient of his supporters. We did not ask for BB to make the news we just wanted it reported and that is exactly what BB did

Congrats BB. I will never forget that BB and a handful of others sites was the only place I could go and express my opinions in support of Trump without getting banned. These publications I could count on one hand. BB, Gateway Pundit, Conservative Treehouse and the DC clothesline. You have my loyal support from here on out."

>Sup Forums.com

what the fugg is Sup Forums.com

Its because people have no common sense or perspective. Therefore because they don't understand the intelligent part of the left's motives and only see the fools, the love the alt-right.

Still reading this article, it has some great quotes;

theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/01/gamergate-alt-right-hate-trump

"Milo Yiannopoulos, who built his fame and Twitter following by supporting and cheerleading Gamergate. This hashtag was the canary in the coalmine, and we ignored it."
"GamerGate movement was a mess – an undefined mission to Make Video Games Great Again via undecided means."
"In 2014, video game YouTube stars, seeking to appear in touch with online gaming communities, unscrupulously proclaimed that traditional old-media sources were corrupt."
"Everything we’re seeing now, had its precedent two years ago."

Basically a bunch of puzzle pieces came together;
Power vacuum => dinosaurs doubling down on hysteria + banning commenters etc.
Gamergate => general repetition, giving a taste of victory etc.

A presidential candidate mentioned it by name and labelled it as the enemy.

Checked.
Easy: They tell the truth. The left has become synonymous with dishonesty in all forms of media. The truth is fucking kryptonite to liberals now. When people want news without any bullshit trimmings, they go to Breitbart or Drudge. The more popular BB becomes, the more you hear liberals rage about it, on Normiebook, in comments sections, etc.:
>"Oh, where did you hear -that-, BREITBART, you neo-Nazi?"
>"I refuse to open a link from Breitbart."
>"hahahaha ignorant breitbart bigots"
You get the picture. They ignore the dozens of lying hack media outlets like HuffPo or WaPo they have in their pockets, ironically enough, when they launch those attacks, but that's something I'm sure we're all used to seeing by now. But over the last few years, I've noticed, as BB's popularity grew, that the left's smears became increasingly more frequent and vicious, which goes to show that when a dissenting opinion starts to become too loud, they're willing to escalate their attacks to whatever points necessary to shut them up as quickly as possible.

Oh yeah and coz the a lot of the idiots on the left are just following the crowd without questioning anything.

BTW that doesn't make the alt-right right?

Some idiot in Australia decided to make a law banning anyone from offending people because of their religion or whatever. Like hey, "Theres a lot of unrest and disenchantment in the white community, let's make a law so that they can't express that in ANY way and forget about them."

That's when u get One Nation and Trump. Fucking morons.

memes

W-what did she do with the pickle?

>digits
KEK has demanded sauce be provided to quench your limey thirst: Her name is Pickle Chan. Look her up. There's a whole gallery of this titty monster.

how do we destroy serbian and albanian nationalism?

those are some juicy melons

Link to gallery?

You mean like Alexa that says Sup Forums is 431 meanwhile reddit is 23?

It grew quite a bit but saying it is "one of the most popular websites on the internet" is stretching it, I probably would not use that phrase unless a site was in the top 50.

nationalism is on the rice

plus people are hungry for new and different opinions in a news landscape that is dominated by the same leftwing pc rhetoric

the really question is.
How do we get companies to notice that this is where the money is now?

imagefap.com/pictures/1772634/Pickle-Chan.

Execute in public the mafiosos that work with each otherbehind closed doors (but they promote nationalism in public) smuggling drugs across mitrovica

It's pretty funny, gamergate didn't directly do much but the damage to the medias reputation snowballed out of control. Almost all the large media companies were dumb enough to run anti-gamergate articles which poisoned their reputation. If a handful of idiots didn't start an internet grudge match with stubborn video game autists things probably would have turned out differently.

>alexa.com/siteinfo/breitbart.com
Why is everyone from the Netherlands at Sup Forums always a clueless faggot? Seriously, stop and think about it.

Nationalists are mainly men.
Men don't buy shit they don't need and they tend to save
Women, who are mostly SJW, tend to go on spending sprees.

Why are Germans so fucking autistic, lads?

Seems like this is the thing that happens when MSM act like bloggers instead of journalists with some kind of integrity.

Are you retarded ? Since the opposition is acting like bannon is controlling trump obviously everyone and his dog is googling breitbart and looking that website up

i'm ok with Sup Forums being ghetto level

This is the absolute truth. There was literally no news org that offered stories in line with the views of post-Bush GOP voters.

Fox is cuckservative.

Drudge is just an aggregator.

Red State is RINO McCain tier trash.

The Blaze is Beck's nonsense.

Something had to fill the void and that was Breitbart.

>theguardian

>Since you’re here…
>…we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever but far fewer are paying for it. And advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Guardian's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.

>If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to pay for it, our future would be much more secure.

>Become a Supporter
>Make a contribution

>not reading dailystormer for all your news needs and insightful commentary

if something is insignificant and fake according to the MSM but still gets mentioned on their news it's gonna make some people really think and look for themselves

If trump was against independent media, he'd divert attention to CNN being incompetent so independent media gets no air time.

MSM simply gives them publicity

Milo jointed at Gamergate wagon, and surfed in a blue ocean.

>advertising revenue is falling wah wah

The irony being Breitbart just poached a whole bunch of writers from other papers recently and has expanded into new markets.

What if its bots crawling it?

>be right wing in left world
>somone champions most of your views
>begin getting more attention
>sore losers, major media and "activists" alike, begin scanning your site for low hanging fruit to argue against.

Does alexa differentiate between browsers and bots for site traffic?

From the alexa statistics:
>>Daily Time on Site: 7:46
GET OFF THE COMPUTER YOU FUCKING IMBECILES! GO CARVE SOMETHING. CHOP WOOD. FIND A FARM AND WANDER fucking hell

When only prose like an edgy 13 year old would write will satisfy.

I hear Breitbart mentioned all the time now by normies. Like it's a household name now. Whereas two years ago, it was a fringe site that only political junkies knew about.

Great business strategy, whoever is responsible. Bannon I guess.

I can confirm; I came here from Breitbart during Stonetear. The comments are like shit-posting for old people.

Probably over 50% of most western countries are conservative and right leaning. A large majority are anti-immigration. I think most people like Trump, or don't mind him, or would fall into those categories if they weren't brainwashed.
The media though is overwhelmingly liberal. Of the top 100 US newspapers, only a couple endorsed Trump, most were avowedly pro-Hillary.
So there's a massive demand for reading right-leaning news, and no-one except Breitbart was really supplying that.
So really, it was a pretty good bet they would increase their share.

No, Breitbart comment sections regularly outperform Reddit now. There's at least one article with 10K comments every day. Gorsuch announcement was nearing 20K.

Fox news has become mostly politically correct and only a few ppl there support trump. Overall they're not very right wing either, breitbart has picked up the slack and is unafraid of upsetting feefees

>how can this growth pattern be replicated?
By being the opposite of what every other media outlet is. Sorta like a certain Korean Underwater Basketweaving board.

Homosexual men are visiting it to look at photos of Milo.

This. Breitbart comments are boomer Sup Forums.

And it still uses Disqus, which is fucking cancer.

>redditor calling someone else reddit

Better than Facebook, which seems to be the major alternative on most of these political rag sites.

And while I'm posting these, here's the first Trump endorsement, the influential Las Vegas Review-Journal.
I'm for freedom of the press in theory, but the bias is so egregious there really should be lynchings.

People are tired of getting fake news to the tune of "IF YOU'RE NOT A LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT, UR LITERALLY HITLER!"

You can't even argue that the networks, CNN, and MSNBC are even mainstream anymore when Breitbart and Drudge get more views than the network and cable news do in their primetime.

- SJW try to infiltrate video games and by doing so piss off neckbeards; culture they considered theirs being ripped away from them; leaving nerds with a taste for revenge
- Gamergate; Make Video Games Great Again via undecided means
- Almost all the large media companies were dumb enough to run anti-gamergate articles which poisoned their reputation.
- Leveraging distrust towards SJW, figure heads start to emerge; unscrupulously proclaimed that old-media sources were corrupt.
- Movements gain ground by finding figure heads who legitimise them in return for the support of online communities from which they drew power and influence.
- Figure heads provide a new sense of direction, focusing & generalising the rhetoric.
- Expands into a wider war between “Social Justice Warriors” (SJWs) and everyday, normal, decent people => progressive values, were destroying everything.
- Voices moved; geek communities => criticise progressive storylines and decisions; revolting kickback against the all-female Ghostbusters reboot."
- Video game industry didn’t have the spine to react, and allowed the movement to coagulate
- Breitbart’s trick - strongly represent a single issue in order to earn trust, and then gradually indoctrinate to suit wider purposes.
- Tactics used to discredit progressive game critics and developers will be used to discredit Trump and Bannon’s critics.
- Gamergates, greatest strength; left-leaning ideals: stamping out press corruption, pushing for better ethical practices, battling for openness.
- Anti-establishment; -> mainstream media challenge the collective beliefs of the movement => further evidence that journalists are untrustworthy and aloof => attracting a wave of online abuse.
- 4d chess marketing; "Oh, where did you hear -that-, BREITBART, you neo-Nazi?" >"I refuse to open a link from BREITBART." >"hahahaha ignorant BREITBART bigots"
- No-one more centrist leaving them with no competition.

>The comment
>The spacing
>The flag
Maximum overcancer

>most places online are left wing
>roughly half the country is right wing

Really flex the cortex.

Literally ALL of the American media are liberal faggots who should neck themselves except for Fox, Breitbart and the Federalist. So anyone wanting to consume news is funneled to them.

It really is an untapped market cuz ppl are pussies and afraid of t he SJW mob. I mean just being a non white conservative is enough to get regular appearances on Fox these days.

I agree here, I didn't start reading Breitbart until I saw the liberal hissyfit over Bannon's appointment. Made me look into it and I liked what I saw.

>If a handful of idiots didn't start an internet grudge match with stubborn video game autists things probably would have turned out differently.

Yeah so to summarize;
- Last straw that broke the camel's back => gamer gate
- Embrace, extend, extinguish => reverse SJW tactics
- Mainstream crossover expansion => start out single issue (gamer gate) as an incubator (game companies depend on white male nerds) and expand from there.
- community growth spawns figureheads that provide laser focus => milo, trump etc

Someone should turn what has happened into a goddamn movie.

join the albanian serbian friendship association on zuckbook

This. I can't navigate that shitty Disqus bullshit. You'll get one top comment and every single response gets shown under there.

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/11/17/breitbart-news-network-born-in-the-usa-conceived-in-israel/

Lol... (((Breitbart))) (((Trump))) (((sudden surge of white nationalism)))

Also forgot to mention

youtube.com/watch?v=se_1M-ndrJM

Lol... (((Brexit)))

Bannon is using white nationalists and wants to convert them to his cause of strong civic nationalism.

Its basically Sup Forums discussions in a nutshell, where you have:
>diehard dailystormers 14/88 racewar now;
>moderate white nationalists a la Richard Spencer who just want to segregate;
>Civic nationalists who hate illegal immigrants and most blacks

> uses sources to back stance instead of blanket statements that you must believe "cuz Sup Forums says what fake news won't!"
> must be reddit!

kys dumbfag. 'member when Sup Forums had opinions outside of "muh feels" and "much contrary"? I member.

It's the only site that puts out a high volume of news articles not shitting on half of America. Pretty simple.

Difference though is that Bannon and Breitbart are opposed to the financial sector.

politico.com/tipsheets/morning-money/2016/11/bannon-on-banks-217430

The same thing goes for Nigel Farage who believes the whole financial system is broken and fixed to benefit the extreme wealthy only.

sgtreport.com/2014/05/nigel-farage-the-entire-western-financial-system-is-a-mirage/

Yes it was and is. It's just too difficult to monetize effectively because of its nature. And I'm pretty sure somebody, like Martin Shkreli, could figure out how to do it.

(((America))) vs. (((Communist Russia))) : In (((Cold War)))

I thought Sup Forums already understood this stuff, get back to your roots

Bannon and Milo. Especially Bannon.

>Sup Forums.com

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Top 450 globally and top 200 in US makes this place pretty damn huge site in interwebz. Of course things like Reddit are more popular and normie friendly.

>Well but google trend says wikileaks has been searched for a lot more, even though they are not a populair site.

Wikileaks isn't popular on regular basis, they don't have daily visitors, but they get fuckloads of traffic if there is habbenings. Also pretty much everything they publish will get tons of mirrors, people digging into wikileaks documents usually link to and get their stuff from various different mirrors.

You guys have been shilled Trump so hard that you wouldn't realize controlled opposition anymore if it hit you in the head in le (((two-party-system)))

Even Reddit is scared. This was #1 on /r/all yesterday

After all that, I didn't post the fucking pic

Germans are always annoying and arrogant of Sup Forums, though they have the least right to be that way at the moment.

It's a one party, one useless bullshit retarded party system now. Pretty soon, it will be a no party system.

>(((America))) vs. (((Communist Russia))) : In (((Cold War)))
t. illiterate stormweenie

Although it is true that Jewish neocons and their religous right cheerleaders took over much of the democratic and republican parties, and a sizable chunk of the government too from the 1970s onward, the opposite was the case for the USSR. In the USSR the Jews basically took over Imperial Russia after Lenin's death. However, due to infighting and the rise of Stalin, most Jewish leaders were murdered, sent to camps, or made subservient to Stalin. After the Second World War Stalin wanted to go further and had this whole plan to reduce the power of the Jews in the USSR to zero, but it remained a plan because Stalin died in the 1950s.

From then on the Jews lost much power and influence, were barred from many high ranking offices, and had trouble getting into university. This all changed with the breakup of the USSR, which led to the rise of the oligarch, a majority of whom were Jewish, and so you could say that during the 1990s Russia was a zionist occupied government. However, when Putin became president he culled the oligarchs and put some of his own allies in oligarchical positions. Jewish billionaires either tow line of Putin and the security apparatus, or they are Poloniumnized like that Russian spy in London.

>(((sudden surge of white nationalism)))
It's more anti-globalism than "white nationalism".
Farage regularly has a pop at globalists and bankers.
White nationalism is seriously never coming back.

>Sup Forums.com
>com

wtf the old malware site is still online

>(((America))) vs. (((Communist Russia))) : In (((Cold War)))
>I thought Sup Forums already understood this stuff, get back to your roots

Majority of people here are too young and too ignorant to understand Cold War. Western economic reforms have mostly benefited the rich since late 60's, but it didn't really kick in until the Cold War ended and all credible competition for the west and globalism vanished. When communism was an option, in other words its failures were hidden behind propaganda,(((bankers))) had to be bit more equitable to middle class and working class.

Economic systems that created western middle class were result of economic chaos of the Great Depression, when (((banks))) failed big time. All economic liberalism since 60's have been aimed to undo the New Deal in US and similar reforms in the rest of the world.

This.
Also, white nationalism always was a very fringe-tier ideology. It only really arose after the Second World War. Before that you had WASP nationalism in the US, and Aryan nationalism in Germany.

>Sup Forums.com

For big, normie-friendly companies, there's no margin in risking involvement with something 'controversial'. But when maybe half the western world is conservative, traditionalist, anti-immigration and right leaning, and won't boycott a company just because their ads appear on Breitbart, there's a huge opportunity for smaller companies to grow, and Breitbart will get their revenue.