Why the [censored by Islamic Internet Authority of Great Britain] do Americans complain about property prices when...

Why the [censored by Islamic Internet Authority of Great Britain] do Americans complain about property prices when houses in the US are so cheap?

Take pic related for example, a perfect family home in the idyllic setting of Ohio, no renovation work needed. In my country this house would cost at least $175,00.

why would anyone want to live in fucking ohio?

It's a 1.1k sqft shack in bumblefuck ohio.

I live in NYC burbs, and a 1.6k sqft house averages $450k+

Because it looks like trash, is probably in a shit location in the middle of bumfuck nowhere where you have to drive over an hour to get anything, and it looks like the kind of place a depressed dying midget would live. The only people who would want to move there are the poorest people in the country

it's $35,000 because it's a wooden box in the middle of nowhere.

Places with (((good))) school districts have high taxes

>>Chilcothe

>>OH

It's one of the United States's most cultural states, its hard-working citizens appreciative of both rural and urban settings, traditional and modern values.

>shit location

It's in a town called Knockemstiff. Now what?

Real estate prices are determined less by the property itself and more by where the property is. I have a 1400 sqft house half an hour from the city that cost me $195k, and my friend downtown lives in a half-million dollar apartment that's two closets: one with a bed and another with a toilet.

I live in a 2 floor, 3 bedroom terraced house in a suburban town and that cost £175000

>no renovation work needed.
Um, no.
Ever heard of pride in ownership?
That place needs work.

>lel he thinks 450k is a lot
In ontario, quebec that's fairly reasonable for a detached.

Nigger there is no work. The reason rural is cheap is because there are no jobs in those towns

Are you fucking kidding me! Over my shitty country.

Canada is currently in one of the most insane housing bubbles of all time 1 million+ for an entry level home and you cunts can literally purchase houses for less than 15k.

That's it, I'm on the next plane - starting my new life in the good old USA.

I bet you'll have to drive a half hour to get to the nearest gas station

Almost never the case. Pretty much every small town in Ohio has its own gas station.

you have got to be trolling, that's fucking indiana, seriously pull a house from a better location a.k.a. anywhere else

I'm an idiot you chose gary, of course your trolling

Most "cheap" houses are in shitty neighborhoods or economically depressed areas.

I recently moved to a small town in Oklahoma. There are few good jobs and people are generally poor. Housing is cheap and there are literally hundreds of houses for sale, but no buyers. It's all supply and demand.

You again? Holy fuck youre autistic.

KYS.

Most modern light construction (read: 90% of any new homes) in this country is shit. Shitty materials, shitty engineering, shitty worksmanship, shitty soulless suburban sprawl.

Sure, you can get 3,000 square feet for $200,000 but you can put your foot right through a wall and everything starts to fall apart in 10-15 years.

You guys joke about American houses being made from cardboard, but it's honestly not that far from the truth. Beyond the wood plank frames they're mostly Sheetrock. Lots of new homes even have polymer siding on them. Fucking plastic.

>Gary, IN

Wew lad. There be niggers there. (Hell of niggers).

Seriously though, there's a lot of cheap as fuck property in the midwest that isn't infested with niggers. I will probably buy a comfy renovated house for 50 or 60k and retire at 26/27. Fuck lifelong wagecuckery.

You cunts are forgetting a lot of shit like isp's throttling speeds in bumfuck locations and other inconveniences. $1m for house is the norm where I live too nobody's complaining; "git gud"

你怎么敢侮辱加拿大!耻辱!

Most of those houses in the midwest are solid wood early 1900s houses. Solid construction, but many may need updating.

$35,000 for that piece of shit?
I'd rather live in a Trailer.