The SSRI thread from an a hour or so ago blew my mind. How much of the population is medicated like that? What the fuck...

The SSRI thread from an a hour or so ago blew my mind. How much of the population is medicated like that? What the fuck. Is everyone on random pills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=YdSz12Glhlw&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=xPaV8RmMfQA
youtube.com/watch?v=VwO3mS2Y_oE
youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
youtube.com/watch?v=2iOk2ME1LRY
youtube.com/watch?v=6tWi3c4tfjk
youtube.com/watch?v=0ts1DB6hFcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=znYHzIqfc2Q&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=wjUc9CevHNs
youtube.com/watch?v=GHDudCPLtRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not everyone, but enouigh to be a big problem. What is more troubling is the difference in crazy pill use between men and women. Trying to find a women whose emotional state & personality isn't dependent on an ever changing cocktail of mind altering chemicals is an exercise in futility.

Like 15% of americans are on SSRIs. Probably half are medicated in some way.

It's fucked up when you realize that were we living the way we evolved to, pretty much none of us would suffer from depression, anxiety and many other mental illnesses. Instead we've decided to build a civilization almost completely void of the aspects of nature & life that are required to support our mental and psychical well being and now we're paying the high price for it.

It just blew my fucking mind. 15% is way too high. I wonder if birth control pill is what's making women unstable

Birth control is making women sluts.

What is making women unstable is the lie that they are 'equal' to men. It cuts both ways, the vast majority of women are not up to the task of larping as a man in this world, generating an income stream, supporting themselves, budgeting, etc. all while trying to repress a billion years of evolutionary reproductive drive.

So, in that sense birth control is a contributing factor because it enables their grand delusion, but it isn't a direct factor. SSRI's are the same. Depression and mental illness are an evolutionary natural response to living your life incorrectly. SSRI's allow you to ignore the symptoms and continue to live life wrong.

Is correct, civilization has gone too far. We are meant to live in smaller communities with closer connection to nature. Living in concrete anthills of cities while socially isolating ourselves using our technology is making us as a species sick.

Every single person who lives in a large metro area is literally mentally ill.

HELLO
DUDE

youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw

youtube.com/watch?v=YdSz12Glhlw&t=5s

>We are meant to live in smaller communities with closer connection to nature

Hopefully AI/robot revolution will free us from having to live in big cities, so the future generations may live in small rural eco-communities assisted with benign advanced technology.

God damn I should watch rome again. Its not the same actor you realise?

Birth control fucks with their hormones. I think you can find unhappy people anywhere. You ever seen a woman whose happy as a hunter gatherer? They have to work hard in those societies

I took zoloft for like there months until it stopped working so I left it cold turkey. No big deal

Once I tried talking to my sister a out a lie s and she made me a hot tea spiked with a large dose of ssri . gave me brain seizures and psychosis over the following 3 years. Liberals are brainwashed and ssris scare the fuck out of me.
I'm pretty fucking sure ssri is the modern term for mkultra

SSRIs are fucking poison, every time I've tried one it's been like part of me was dying, and the incessant teeth-grinding/jaw-clenching is absolute hell.

Someone took the Kaczynski pill

youtube.com/watch?v=xPaV8RmMfQA

They advertise pills on tv ffs. Its fucking creepy mang. Americans are getting jewed hard by big pharma.

are you a shitposting bot?

Quit SSRI twice. Both times felt like fuck for days. Tired, depressed, sick, vertigo. Honestly felt drunk or in some sort of stupor. Still dealing with depression, but would Way rather handle my garbage than be swallowing more garbage. Stay away from ssri. Will only make you feel like a blank slate after a while.

I'm on Zoloft. This whole thing is an Alex Jones-tier conspiracy. They really haven't done much but help me with OCD.

im on an absurd amount of suboxone everyday

NO BRO

GIVE
ME
A
TASK

>Birth control fucks with their hormones.

Women, by their nature have their hormones fucked with on a monthly basis.

Birth control simulates the hormonal state of pregnancy, which is evolutionary code for 'mission accomplished' for women.

>You ever seen a woman whose happy as a hunter gatherer? They have to work hard in those societies

I am not a anarcho-primitive or similar shit, and not advocating a return to pre-agrarian society, not even pre-industrial.

Hard work and a sense of accomplishment from it is also a key to happiness, not a obstacle to it.

>Kaczynski pill
enlighten me

Not a single person I know who has taken then has ever been the same afterwards.

I take aspirin daily

CARRY ON .....

If what you hear is unbelievable, maybe you shouldn't believe it

The problem is over-prescription and misdiagnosis, the medications themselves are helpful to the people who do need them, but the shrinks keep giving them to people who don't.

Robots won't make energy and labor free.

Robots are just going to make people unemployed.

Look at the minimum wage. Nobody can live on that, and nobody cares. Same with robots. Nobody is going to cut you a check because they employed a robot and not a man.

youtube.com/watch?v=VwO3mS2Y_oE

As an antiaggregant or as a painkiller?

Is ur heart ok user?

>all medicine is a conspiracy to control our minds

I would love to watch you fags begging your doctor for pills when yoy need them and it will happen one day.
There's literally nothing wrong with
SSRISs. They're just not for everyone. Beats popping Xanax like candy.

>tfw I will never live in a small cottage with my waifu, hugging her tight during stormy nights
JUST

>Birth control simulates the hormonal state of pregnancy, which is evolutionary code for 'mission accomplished' for women.

This must be why according to some study I remember reading years ago women on birth control in general tend to favor beta traits over alpha traits.

Find a purpose for your life. And work towards it there you go

>which is evolutionary code for 'mission accomplished' for women.

Wow never thought of it like that.

So only like 4% of people have mental issues and all of them are on Sup Forums

Tell me more please.

First date first 3 questions:
1. Are you married/divorced
2. Do you have kids
3. Are you taking any anti-depressants

If you aren't finding this information out in the first 30 minutes to an hour, you are wasting your fucking time.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA

My girlfriend was sexually abused by two of her three brothers for years and the only good one is slowly dying of cancer. She's depressed and has very bad anxiety. I don't blame her for being on an SNRI.

Kids raised by single mothers have increased diagnosis of mental health problems.

Single motherhood has been on the rise for decades.

Seems like two and two to me.

My 2 cents is that theres a clear correlation between the increasing techology and usage of SSRI:

I'm a pharmacist. I've worked in a college town and currently work at a beach community full of retirees.

Basically EVERYONE is on SSRIs, SNRIs, or some other form of antidepressant. It's fucking insane. But what's worse is that, while old people where I currently live are still on SSRIs, it's fucking astounding how many young people in college (at least where I used to work) are on them. It's got to be like half of all college kids.

As St. Dylan taught us, psychiatry is jewish bullshit (well, not *all* psychiatry, but you know what I'm talking about). The data on antidepressant efficacy is so weak that they can barely even be considered to work at all, and that's without taking into account the plethora of side effects. But in school and in the medical community, they act like antidepressants are an absolute necessity, because of the 0.00001% chance that the patients actually decide to neck themselves without the drugs. Bullshit. It's not worth it.

At a point where most jobs are automated, some form of communism may become a viable ideology for the first time in history. When the majority is unemployed, some kind of societal overhaul is bound to happen.

With a bit of good luck and foresight, who knows, we may achieve a pretty great post-scarcity society

Have taken SSRI's. Stopped pretty fast, so I hope I did not get any permanent damages from it. It's pretty much a pill that destroys all of your natural serotonin-production and replaces it with a stable, unnatural amount of serotonin. I think SSRI's pretty much is the "chill-pill" they want everyone to take so we are easy to manage.

I take prozac senpai. I think this shit is making me see the world for what it really is. I am able to actually speak my mind.

A girl I used to casually have sex with was on antidepressants but off them for a bit, is it possible that she was crazy? nice girl, just boring

Educate her you waste of space

Sounds like your girlfriends pussy is the cure for cancer, tell him to eat up

link to old thread? haven't been around today.

ACE
NIGGA
youtube.com/watch?v=2iOk2ME1LRY

Makes sense since technology has encouraged individualism even further and made us lonely.

But you would never encounter healthy people. I never go to the pharmacist essentially. I don't even get the flu or anything. Your like a police men saying everyone is a dedshit. Because that's all you deal with. 15% is more believable.

I've tried very hard. I've gotten her to start exercising and eating well so I'm hoping that helps. I'm trying to get her to go counseling but i don't think thats happening.

kek

Hopefully I won't be alive if/when that happens. My career as a corporate tax CPA is fairly safe. Can't really be automated until AI is entirely sentient.

This is true. Fathers wasting money on college are fucking hilarious.
>Girl goes to school
>Girl meets boy(s)
>Girl has kids
>If girl doesn't have kids, then:
>Cock carousel
>girl eventually gets a job - bitches about pay gaps
>Eventually, girl settles for beta bux
>Girl gets married/pregnant
>Girl quits job, becomes mom
>Girl raises kids, becomes discontent, goes back to job (or beta bux pays for college)
>Girl gets back into work force
>Girl hates job, but works it because she needs to buy stuff

Women have no fucking clue what they want in life, allow others to change their viewpoints on everything they get exposed to from high school through adulthood. Once they pass 40, they start getting a little more level headed, but will always be emotional and indecisive.

Guys just do what they need to do, and usually stop bitching by age 20 or so. Except for those numale faggots. They are just bitches.

I've never had health insurance all my life, thus I'm not able to get on any medication. I'm pretty sure I have many mental problems, like depression and social anxiety, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know. I just deal with it because I have no other choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=6tWi3c4tfjk

thanks user , good post !

I am on Effexor (Venlafaxine) IR (instant release) 125mg per day. The state provides me the medicine and the mental healthcare is free and the doctors are pretty decent.
I am also epileptic so I get free benzos and Lyrica (Pregabalin).

Well stated friend.

Obviously I'm using hyperbole when I say "everyone".

The point I'm making is that I can use the sheer volume of young people flooding into the pharmacy with scripts for psych meds to make a point. I'm not saying "x% of young people at the pharmacy are on ADs, therefore that's true of the general population". But I'm saying that there is enough of them coming in to demonstrate a large fraction of the population is on them. 15% is still massive.

Point is that they're jewish bullshit used as just another way of subverting the goyim. This time pharmacologically, by doping them up, making them complacent, killing their libido, etc. They're incredibly overprescribed. It's just that the consequences of overprescription aren't as tangible as with, say, opioids, so this issue gets largely left unsung in popular culture.

Forgot Effexor is not a SSRI, but a SNRI (Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), works both on Serotonin and Dopamine.

Which is why you'll have a hard time if your wife stops taking birth control pills. My wife wasn't on birth control when I met her, which is good... But I've been witness to the transition in my friends relationships and it's a bad sign all around.

Typically end shortly after.

I'd rather live with a mental illness which doesn't prohibit my ability to live a "normal" life than poison my body/mind with dangerous chemicals. Period. I own a business, am married and have normal healthy children. ADHD hasn't affected me in the slightest, in all actuality having a surplus of energy has enabled me to bs highly productive, lack of attention to things I find boring isn't a hindrance to my success either.

trips of common sense

I am mindfucked by how prevalent they seem.

I'm on zoloft for crippling anxiety issues
it makes life tolerable, I'm definitely more cloudy-headed but at least the dread and panic are kept at bay

I do miss feeling genuine curiosity about the world, everything feels dull now
that's the curse of SSRIs: they get rid of the highs as much as the lows, true monotone life

I was on fluoxetine (sp?) for 6 months and after a while I stopped feeling depressed, problem was I stopped feeling anything at all

Material changes in my life worked far better than pills ever could

One of my best friends necked himself without the drugs in 2015. I think it was roughly 6 months after he stopped taking them completely. I feel partially guilty because i pressured him to stop taking them. They made him into a zombie with no emotions. When he was without them, he said he could actually feel things. But that opens the door for bad feels too i guess. Fucking psychotic world

People argue until they're blue in the face about abortion, but birth control has had far more serious ramifications on society.

Birth control allowed women to separate sex from its natural consequences. There are entire institutions like marriage and cultural foundations like being against sluttery that have been ingrained over the centuries as a way to prevent undesired pregnancies. But birth control has axed the consequences, and women became unshackled and free to fuck around as they please. They no longer have to worry about having children, but there's also the issues surrounding the negative impact of sluttery on society.

Not to mention all the married and pseudo-married white couples who are on birth control and aren't bothering to have children. Largely in part due to birth control.

OK

YOU
MADE
IT
THIS
FAR.

HOW ABOUT FIGHTING INSECTS?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ts1DB6hFcQ

Mfw i realized every friend i grew up with has been on pills at some point

As a person that comes into contact with sick people, he can definitely determine, through personal experience, who is getting antibiotics, blood thinners or anti-psychotics.

That's sad to here. Part of the issue is that we live in a nihilistic society without meaning. This leads to otherwise normal people offing themselves due to the hopelessness of modern society.

SSRIs are long term solutions for short term problems, from what I've seen. They also cause drastic personality changes and mental health problems. It's like have a headache one day and deciding to take PCP
Girl goes through break up, goes to the doctor, ends up on SSRIs.
Girl has a fight with her friend, goes to the doctor, ends up on SSRIs.
Smart girl gets a bad grad, goes to the doctor, ends up on SSRIs.
There's a lot of buzz about the "painkiller epidemic", which is a problem in smaller communities, but in five to ten years, there will be an SSRI epidemic among women.

Yeah I know, I just didn't want to believe so many people have this problem. I guess I'm lucky.

True.

explain pls

REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

youtube.com/watch?v=znYHzIqfc2Q&t=3s

>we've decided to build a civilization almost completely void of the aspects of nature & life that are required to support our mental and psychical well being

>Living in concrete anthills of cities while socially isolating ourselves using our technology is making us as a species sick.

Both of you are wrong. Let me show you why people are suffering today.

>Depression and mental illness are an evolutionary natural response to living your life incorrectly. SSRI's allow you to ignore the symptoms and continue to live life wrong.

This is what made me stop taking them. I tried them for 4 months and then I was given Adderall for another 4 months before I quit. They were both pretty effective and I believe helped me, but I realized that someone in my situation SHOULD be depressed. And instead of pretending it's OK I should be trying to ameliorate it.

>tfw you're the bottom lobster on the dominance hierarchy.

Psychiatry, not even once

SSRIs are only useful long-term though. They usually don't even have a true effect until like 8 weeks after full dose titration. And even that full effect can often be insignificant. So it wouldn't even be appropriate to prescribe SSRIs just for a short term hardship anyway, as if you were using painkillers after getting your wisdom teeth pulled.

When people are having an acute short-term hardship, it makes much more sense to just give someone some benzos to get through it and then stop.

Two of my friends offed themselves within weeks of each other and this was despite taking medication and counseling. Don't feel bad, I think it would have happened no matter what. I know five people that have killed themselves in the last four years... It happens because it was destined to.

Not much else to say. Friends in highschool mainly, along with my last girlfriend a few months ago.

Personality changes, weird mood swings, they seemed like zombies of their former selves.

My last girlfriend started secretly taking them, shortly after she had little to no emotions, broke up with me after 4 years for some dude she had known for a week and tried to kick me out.

Acted like an emotionless zombie the whole time, talking like fucking Microsoft Sam. It was extremely creepy.

I actually didnt think of this til now, but everyone close to me has or is on pills..

its fucked, best friends, my wife, my mother...

probably im a depressing alcoholic piece of shit to be around

I have never and will never beg a doctor for anything.

Society is sick, we must cleanse it.

I was on SSRIs for 3 years, ended my career, marriage and I've never recovered. I weened myself off of them and haven't been on them in over a year. I feel 1000 times better.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjUc9CevHNs

Damn man, I had a friend call me to kill himself but his dad saved him and now he pretend sit never happened. Thats rough. He was on champix which may of caused it IMO.

Because pharmacists dole out the medication. He probably has stepped back and been like "shit, that's the tenth person today that has picked up antidepressants."

Then he can count up the number of other medications he's prescribed and make a judgement.

SSRIs enable you to ignore that your life and way of thinking is fucked up and against your basic instincts. They're necessary for the domesticated city people of the future. Just accept your fate, cattle.

1/17th of the dutch pop is on ssris or some other form of anti depressant

Suicide can't be fixed by you or anybody. Like everything else in life, the person themselves has to want to not do it. Pills can not do that.

OLD
SQUAD
FULL ON

youtube.com/watch?v=GHDudCPLtRs

I took some for 8 months, I was an autistic depressed mess and for the first 2 months I became a manic philosopher robot discovering social interactions, how to live a healthy life, physically and mentally, the world of emotions and how it's connected to cognition and how to deal with it.
It was such a good time. I felt like I could understand the world and nothing could stop me from achieving the greatest things.

Now I'm here.

far out

Bravo lad

A simple graph illustrating weak middle class income growth in US is hardly explains anything when it comes to analyzing the fundamental sickness of whole western civilization.

After r9k had multiple threads talking about depersonalization/dissociation as a result of SSRI, I vowed to never take them. I've had two doctors try to put me on them. One had a Zoloft pad on his fucking desk.
I get depressed and anxious every once in a while, but I think people go through one bad episode and give up and think they need to be fixed when it's natural. Another user kind of said up thread, if you're depressed chances are your life is depressing. The meds keep you from making the changes to get out of that hole- depression and anxiety I think is meant to be a natural drive to a certain degree.