What's the reasoning behind this

Why remove banning tards from guns? Looks like the program had a process to get a gun anyways. Is it because it was too vague? I posted relevant links.

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/02/gun-control-congress-social-security-mental-disorders?client=ms-android-verizon

regulations.gov/document?D=SSA-2016-0011-3998

ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm#12_13

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tards

It's OK, my first wife was a tard now she's a pilot.

the reasoning is that the part that is scrapped has to do with taking 2nd amendment rights from people on disability for no reason other than that they have a third party payee. there are other laws preventing certain classes of individuals from owning guns, this thing being repealed is something Obama slipped in just before stepping out of office, another sneaky nigger trick aimed at furthering 2nd amendment suppression. literally nothing, fuck off Op, you are a faggot

Subterfuge, undermine the right and make it look like they're retards with no forethought. A demon will tell you truths if he can slip in but one lie.

You talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

Because SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED you fag

Genuinely curious. I think it is too vague and that's why I said it. I posted the ssa.gov link because it even has eating disorders and ocd on there, when the bill references section 12. Again, that's super vague.

If you're mentally defective, you already can't buy a gun. The regulation was stupid and redundant, and devoid of due process.
Read 11f
atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Why should people with "mental disorders" not be allowed to defend themselves?

Shall not be infringed.

Are you illiterate or just a degenerate?

>be white
>go to therapist when you were 12 because your mom thought you were too energetic
>diagnosed with disorder
>be 21
>"sorry we looked at your records and according to this you're mentally ill so no protecting yourself for you"

But a well regulated militia means well regulated reasonable regulations that are reasonably regulated.

BARON IS COMING

Because the Constitution doesn't say "shall not be infringed, unless we feel like it". Thankfully the house realizes that they are subservient to the Constitution and not the other way around.

It was a bunch of bullshit. Scraping this shit had the NRA, ACLU, and medical professionals all agreeing with each other so you can image the magnitude of the stupidity

Why ban people who literally dindunuffin from owning guns?

Imagine having some kind of mental disorder and you want to get treated for it, but you love guns and if you go get your therapy and medicine, you might lose your fundamental human right. So now you're in the situation where you need help, but you can't get it without losing your human rights, do you see how bad of an idea this is?

I agree I just wanted to hear people's thinking on it. Also as Pointed out its already on the form, which is a felony to lie on. Forgot about that.

The 2nd amendment applies to the people, not the militia. The clause about the militia is just explaining the reasoning behind the rights of the people.

Something being well-regulated means it's in working order. In the case of a militia, it means well-equipped and well-trained.

>we let people this illiterate vote

Really makes you think.

It's not even about mental illness, it would have prevented even old people from buying guns. The only federal mental health check is whether you've been committed anyway, and mostly only if it was involuntary.

Because it's unconstitutional.
Your 2nd amendment rights can only be taken from you if you commit a crime.
That goes for all of your rights.
Felons have given up all rights in the constitution.

Well as much as I think arming retards is a stupid idea.

It's not legal to discriminate against someone for a disability. So in accordance to the law you can't prohibit people with a disability from arming themselves because you're limiting someone's rights based on their ailment. Legally speaking... It's literally the definition of prejudice.

>Why ban people who literally dindunuffin from owning guns?
Why? Because it's a scheme to ban guns in their entirety.

Step 1: make it illegal for the mentally ill to own guns (think of the tards! They might hurt themselves! )

Step 2: invent a bunch of bullshit mental conditions that encompass normal behavior and encourage parents to have their children diagnosed with these conditions. Once diagnosed, it is a huge pain in the ass for those children to purchase guns when they grow up.

Step 3: keep campaigning against guns. Steps 1 and 2 have drastically reduced the number of gun owners within the upcoming generation. Eventually the noguns will outnumber the hasguns and your tyrannical gun grabber policies will get voted in.

There shouldnt be any regulations on guns.

>Being a member of the alt-right is a mental disorder
Psychology is subjective. Also it would be an avenue to remove guns without 'due process'.

This principle also applies to the First amendment and 'hate speech'. If liberals had their way, any dissenting opinions would be hate speech.

Pretty much.

Nothing makes me feel safer than giving guns to the schizophrenics.

Because they may perceive innocent people as threats and shoot them.

accelerationism.
Commies can get guns now too.
Just wait for the commie vs. capitalist civil war

YESSSS

OP, people with mental disorders are more likely to be victims of violence and just because someone has had depression or anxiety in their past doesn't mean they shouldn't own a gun
If they should own a gun they shouldn't vote
They should even be free. Same with felons or sandniggers on terror watch lists

This. WA State passed a law where if a close acquaintance, family, or the police think you might go apeshit, they can take your guns for a year without due process. They want to ban guns for their goons can do whatever they want without fear of reprisal.

>Same with felons
Constitution says criminals can lose rights.

>OP, people with mental disorders are more likely to be victims of violence and just because someone has had depression or anxiety in their past doesn't mean they shouldn't own a gun

murican logic.

Murder rates don't mean much because countries have a different definition of what constitutes as a murder.