Sort yourself out

Sort yourself out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsoVhKo4UvQ
selfauthoring.com/
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=sk17NoHmbP4
newscientist.com/article/2119677-chimps-beat-up-murder-and-then-cannibalise-their-former-tyrant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't see how. Sucks to be unemployable desu.

like all things he was better before he became a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=SsoVhKo4UvQ

>mfw the slide threads override Sup Forums and logical discussion over the deepest philosophies is suppressed beneath trite marionette-political 'memery'.

absolutely not a joke

TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN.

>Sort yourself out.
ok

>tfw you're so unsorted out that you have all four of the self authoring programs but can't bring yourself to actually get anything out of them

well you gotta do them user

i did the future authoring one then didn't follow through with anything

Did his health ever improve? Last video I saw of him he looked rough. They letting him teach his classes? He still risking jail time?

Need a quick rundown.

What do those programs look like?
I listened to Petersen talking about it on Joe Rogan's show. It made a lot of sense. He's a smart guy.

series of text prompts with some psychological reasons given for each one, pic related is the index for the future one
selfauthoring.com/

yes he's teaching again, he's been uploading his latest lectures
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/videos

what is that still taken from?

Jordan wanted to move on because he thought his opinions could get fleshed out of they went to other topics. Harris insisted on staying put until he felt satisfied. (Hint, he never was because they view the world in very different lenses.)

Instead of Harris tolerating that, at least for a while, he autistically held the line. Jordan has more holistic views that require looking at the big picture, while Harris looked at it detail by detail at a microscopic level. This is partly a consequence because Jordan is ultimately a religious thinker, but Harris demands total mental domination, so he enforces the dialogue to stay stunted and just piss everyone off. If you're unable to give his ideas the benefit of the doubt as you explore them, at least, for the duration of the conversation, then just don't have a conversation to start with.

It showed that Harris feels that he must always be in control, and dominate, rather than have a true discussion. Even if Harris is right about his idea, he loses because of his poor showing of communication, and a lack of empathy.

Peterson is probably also a strong INFJ, while Harris seems to be a strong INTJ.

I heard you the first, second, and third time. I told you that I am trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=sk17NoHmbP4
sort this dick out

Glad he's teaching again. Hope they don't lock him up for not saying latinx or whatever. I liked him on the JRE he made me realize why I have genocidal rage. It's because I'm in hell. Makes sense when you think about it.

>latinx

Did you find it?

jej

If I kick his ass do I get to be above him on the dominance hierarchy & therefore become an objectively superior person ? According to his rules it should work like this.

causing unnecessary suffering is evil

If you get to the top of the hierarchy by being a tyrant you will get ripped to shreds in the future.

newscientist.com/article/2119677-chimps-beat-up-murder-and-then-cannibalise-their-former-tyrant/

It wouldn't be unnecessary.

Maybe but it's not guaranteed, plenty of tyrants die of old age.

Sauce? I'm fascinated

You're free to try your luck.

Sir I am on the path.

O B V I O U S L Y

It's an Aldous Huxley quote. Not sure where the shot is from though.

human societies are more complex now than they were 100,000 years ago, mate

not saying you shouldn't try, but you might find that his credentials are non-transferable

I was thinking about Dr. Peterson's reference to the tower of babel story as representative of human hubris. Then I remembered how the story ends, with no one being able to understand each other. Peterson said he wants to protect our ability to communicate from SJW's who police language and create nonsense words. Babel. I wonder if he's ever thought of the story from the perspective of him having a place in it. Warning us of our own hubris before we collapse into a lack of understanding.

Thoughts?

But seriously I love this guy I wish Jordan BP was my dad

Another interpretation of the Tower is that it was built because of fear. The people were afraid of something, a natural disaster or flood, and wanted to come together in one place, and God didn't want that for some reason.

Peterson's interpretation can lead to moral relativism, I think. If the tower was because of hubris then the people thought they knew how things should be (right and wrong). That is the tree of knowledge and the forbidden fruit. People believing that they decide the parameters of society instead of God. It wasn't so much that they would know the truth of right and wrong if they ate the fruit but that the eating of it was an act of pride and defiance towards God.

I'm not sure if I made any sense there.

more than the SJW language police, the bigger danger I think is what the internet has allowed: parallel political subcultures that don't interact with each other, let alone paying attention to their views as though they might have some validity

the filter bubbles and autosuggestions from our past internet histories seals us into a safe space not of our own creation - shielding us from any information that might disprove or add nuance to any of our ideas

like he said: people you can't talk to have a name: enemies. we can't allow our societies to fracture into armed camps, where the inability to communicate becomes so great that violence becomes the natural result.

I really wonder what sorts of visions he has about the possible futures that obviously trouble him so much...

It's very hard to "sort myself out", I live in hell and my "American" "dad" never cared for us, he's a sociopath loser and he kept trying to hit my mom in the head with a 40lb dumbbell, I ofc kicked the living fuck out of his little manlet ass and now we're ready to move onto the real world, I'm probably going to take care of my mother for a long time and live a life of total misery,
(I genuinely though it was going to get better).
I lived a comfy middle class life all my life and I dropped out of highschool (twice) because of my crippling depression, I'm going to end up working 40 dollar's a week barely surviving in a foxxcon like environment and end up hanging my self in a door nob.
>inb4 blogpost
>inb4 taco nigger
>inb4 build wall
This post isn't just for pity point's, I want to make you understand just how good you have it, your white, rich and probably tall, compared to the rest of the world. I want you to feel grateful for what you have and I want to thank you for all the bantz you've giving me over the year's, your the only people that ever understood me, we probably talked on
/fit/ Sup Forums /rk9/ Sup Forums and /ck/ once.
This is a pretty embarrassing post.

Matt Drudge called them internet ghettos. With the amount of choices that are out there for social spaces people are becoming more and more niche in their views.

build wall you blogposting taco nigger.

If I remember from the interview Peterson said God represented the unknown or unknowable at least in part. The building of the tower in that instance could allude to a desire to conquer the unknown through our own shared endeavors. A labor bound to fail in disarray according to the story. I see many modern parallels with the old story when expanded out into our current circumstances.

I like what both of you anons posted. I feel like if we look at the same thing from every angle and share what we see we'll come to a better understanding of the whole.

If you you'll fucking cowards think we're so bad then where's your crack pipe nigga? It's easy to make youtuve videos saying you smoke that shit, but you fucking gutless bitch niggas refuse to take action. If you want to be hard, show up and and smoke nigga. Don't just get mad and make videos from your mamma's crib nigga. Oh the goddamn lean nigga.

> I want to make you understand just how good you have it

Other people have had it worse, trust me I'm one. I have no answers. I'm thinking about the program Peterson does. Some of it actually sounds a lot like, "leaving it at the cross." Maybe I'll try both.

>I feel like if we look at the same thing from every angle and share what we see we'll come to a better understanding of the whole.
this is exactly why i love Sup Forums, and why I can't stand reddit. all ideas get a chance to be heard - even unpopular ones - instead of falling below a given threshold where no one can see them unless they are actively sought

Man go to Oaxaca and live off the land go into mescal business farming. Go find a fancy restaurant in Mexico city and work doing dishes, they will teach to cook one night then you will move up in rank. So many things to do you are a good hombre & a MexiCAN not Mexican't.

Seeing things from every angle is definitely something we need as a society. That's why I don't like how quickly people want things pushed through politically. How well have we really looked at or debated anything in recent years? It seems like as soon as a problem is identified then we have a solution ready. If the solution was so obvious then why was the problem still there?

An important lesson is that God punished the people with multiculturalism.

I am a lawyer and I that in legal theory and practice one of the worse things you can do is use one word to refer to two or more different things. I listened to the waking up podcast and my problem with it is that they where using True to refer to knowledge that is certain and correct and to knowledge that is useful for human survival. They should have said that, for instance, that the knowledge necessary to create thermonuclear weapons is true but wrong, the opposite kind of knowledge would be false but right.

I agree. Turning multiple cultures into one and then dividing them amidst chaos is a recurring historical theme. Americans and Europeans have been very babylonian in their integration schemes for some time now. It hasn't led anywhere good. Looks like we might be up for another round. Or perhaps I'm wrong? Look at how much meaning we've discerned from one old story.

There's something out there, something deeper. I want to know what.

name 5

>one of the worse things you can do is use one word to refer to two or more different things

An interesting point. When you give voice to unspoken concepts for which no words have previously existed you can either create now words or explore novel concepts through associative thinking and organically expand the definition of a word. Which I think is fine as long as you have the verbal IQ to digest the nuance.

In a more spiritual terms I'd think of this as the revelation of logos over time.

This is a good point

I'm not sure you understood what Peterson meant by True. I don't think I did entirely but here goes.

Peterson was speaking of Truth (big T) and Harris of truth (little t). Truth = God and His plans where as truth = Science and facts.

Peterson said several times that Harris's truth was true but it wasn't true enough, ie it was too small. I don't think he meant that Harris was wrong but that he had too small of a scope on what Truth is.

I've been pondering this post for awhile now, thinking about the mechanics of group cohesion and the ability to compete and how those two things are impacted by free speech and free expression.

I think short term our opposition, who polices thought and only seems to produce new thought that they think will create more internal cohesion will outperform us in terms of their cooperation whereas we will outpace them in the marketplace of ideas due to intellectual openness.

Of course that's only a boon to us if people are willing to listen. Have enough people listened to us that we can maintain our position under duress? If not, how do we stave off conflict until we can?

>Peterson is probably also a strong INFJ, while Harris seems to be a strong INTJ.

>meme personalities
Sort yourself out user.

tyrone
tyrone
tyrone
tyrone
tyrone

>parallel political subcultures that don't interact with each other,

This is Peterson and Haidt's big points that the left and right need each other to balance. Not sure if it will be fixed. Spengler predicted a fracture in the population between provincials and metropolitans.

Progressive liberalism will slowly fracture and leave people behind. As they adopt new causes, not everyone currently with them will be on board with the new thing. Where as conservatism is for the most part set on fixed ideas.
The liberal is running somewhere (nomadic, hunter gatherer) and the conservative is building something (civilization).
The easiest way to combat people stifling free speech and expression could be through ridicule and challenge (like Elijah mocking the prophets of Baal).

FACE
YOUR
DRAGON

Good luck buddy.

There it is.

Circumference is 50 fucking centimeters.

Does any of you actually think that you could manage me in a street scenario? Can you even image yourself opening your mouth and looking anywhere expect your shoes while I grab your woman's ass and fuck her? That's right you can't. You will sit in a fetal position ducking your thumb while I move 45kg weights in a scott barbell curls positioning.

Thanks to these I have immense power that you will never have.

Alright now you know your places fucking rats. I had to inform you how things go in real life because here in Internet many think they are taught boys while trolling between hell and heven. If you meet me in a bar you better keep yourself in your cage for your own sake while I try out your women so she could get a real alphas dick.

Irritated? No can do. I enjoy my life.

Nice pasta but really MBTI is a meme. Stick to big 5 personality traits.