Dumb rednecks who voted for Trump will now literally die by contaminated drinking water

>theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/01/environment-republicans-congress-climate-methane-parks

On Wednesday, the House will probably vote in favor of axing the stream protection rule, which safeguards waterways from the effects of mountaintop removal mining. The rule prevents mining companies from piling debris into streams and requires them to restore the vista and ecological function of blasted areas.

Mountaintops are regularly blown up in the coal-rich Appalachia region in order to reach the minerals underneath. The rubble is often dumped into the valley below, contaminating the water for nearby residents and wildlife. It is estimated that more than 500 Appalachian mountains have been decapitated, resulting in 2,000 miles of streams becoming strewn with debris.

Advertisement

The Republican Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, said the stream rule, introduced in the dying days of Barack Obama’s administration, “unfairly targets coal jobs”, which causes harm to “real people who support real families in real communities”.

However, environmentalists warned that the repeal would endanger public health. Pollution from mountaintop mining has been previously linked to an increase in cancers and birth defects.

Bob Wendelgass, chief executive of Clean Water Action, said: “This is an unconscionable attack on basic clean water safeguards for communities already devastated by toxic pollution from coalmining.”

Davie Ransdell, a former surface mine inspector for the state of Kentucky, said the repeal was “beyond disappointing” because it risks water quality and eliminates jobs that could have been generated to help clean up mines.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TrFvAiQDuEo
globalwarmingisreal.com/2013/08/01/detroit-environmental-abuse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rednecks are richer than educated democrats, makes you think

RURAL AND SUBURBAN RETARDS BTFO

>leftists pretending to care about what they consider "white trash"
Really activated my almonds.

>city shits
not even once
cant even make a maymay that doesn't die faster than milhouse on a sunday

Oh, I'm not pretending to care, except for the children who had no say in the matter and who will suffer from this, despite the fact that they live off my tax dollars since I'm not from a leech state like most Trump supporters.

Alex Jones will be making a fortune selling those water filters. 4d Chess Jones confirmed

>t. city nigger faggot that's worthless

You moron.... Your drinking water is already poisoned.... with Sodium Fluoride..... That's right, Uncle Sam buys it in bulk from China, India, and Japan, brings it here, takes it to the Water Treatment Facilities, and dumps the poison right into your drinking water. Enjoy Dental/Skeletal fluorosis, cancer, and lowered IQ.

Yet I bet you gave the nigs in Flint a free pass because they are black and can't take care of themselves.

-t. worthless peon who screams and shouts about self-reliance but only survives because his state gets huge subsidies from people who actually are.

I don't give them a free pass but at least they don't vote to destroy the environment unlike you corporatist cucks.

I only drink bottled water.
What now?

well... now you pay 50 times what that water would be worth if it came through your pipes.

But user they did vote to contaminate their enviroment. Their city and by virtue of being next to Detroit is nothing but corruption from Democrats. I imagine Flint is even worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=TrFvAiQDuEo

But it isn't poison remember?

"it's gonna bring back jobs!"

Said the coal miner before they all died of water poisoning.

This is amazing.

No, the plastic probably is.

While the Detroit-variant Dems are retarded, let's not just say "lol niggers" and blame them solely for it. A lot of conservatives are to blame for that too.

globalwarmingisreal.com/2013/08/01/detroit-environmental-abuse/

>Large corporations have been abusing Detroit’s environment for decades, but one of the city’s most agregious polluters are the Koch Brothers. These two oil barrons are infamous for their three story high pile of petroleum coke in the city near the banks of the Detroit river. The mountain of petroleum coke, a by product of oil production, belongs to Koch Carbon which is owned by David and Charles Koch, the wealthy climate change denying conservative industrialists.

I'm not really a fan of either the Repubs or Dems on the environment since they are both fairly cucked, the Dems don't seem to be as hellbent as the Repubs on fucking it over though. Say what you will about Obama but his environmental policies weren't as shitty as what Trump is planning to do.

The whole point of this thread is, "Trump poisoning da waters!"
So which is it? Is the tap water poison or not? You can't have it both ways.

Tap water is already semi unhealthy (depending on where you live) . That's why water filters exist.

But this new legislation is fucking stupid if you justify it by saying "oh the water is already bad"

Enjoy from BPA poisoning, you'll probably will also be sterile

Jokes on you.
I use water filters.

lol

>The rubble is often dumped into the valley below, contaminating the water for nearby residents and wildlife.

Stop doing that and it will be fine?

No the justification is "You shouldn't be drinking it anyway."
It would be if the meat from McDonald's had mad cow disease. "You shouldn't be eating it anyway."

I think that Manchin will vote Aye on this,especially because he has an election coming up in West Virginia which Trump won by 40+ points.

The Dems are just as hellbent, the only difference is the Dems make some meaningless speeches about how they will protect the enviroment and get their supporters all feeling warm and fuzzy, all the while it's business as usual behind closed doors and to boot they will invent some new taxes that will get pocketed never to change a thing regarding industry regulations.

There's literally (zero) incentive or regulation requiring companies to do that. They're not going to. My grandfather worked for G.E. and before regulations were put in place they literally dumped toxic waste in local lakes and streams, some of which are contaminated to this day and have caused a lot of cancer problems and birth defects in towns close to them.

follow the money...it aint the families making it

This isn't morally gray at all. There's no reason to be ok with companies taking advantage of our resources.

Maybe the problem is international businesses, not the lack of regulation. Ever think of that?

I don't know about that, see, these things sound like something concrete that the Dems did to protect the environment that the Repubs seem to want to kill off for little to no reason other than to appease fossil fuel companies.

>the stream protection rule, which safeguards waterways from the effects of mountaintop removal mining. The rule prevents mining companies from piling debris into streams and requires them to restore the vista and ecological function of blasted areas.

>Republicans are also keen to kill off an Obama directive that slashes the amount of methane emitted during oil and gas drilling. Methane is a powerful greenhouse gas, around 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a heat-trapping gas, and is regularly leaked, vented and flared – burned off – during drilling operations.

Scott Slesinger, legislative director at the Natural Resources Defense Council, said Republicans were “using a law [the Congressional Review Act] with far-reaching consequences that has rarely been tested. It not only repeals existing protections, it blocks similar safeguards in the future.
“Supporters who vote for these resolutions should explain why they think there should never be any limits on what gets dumped into streams, or any limits on mountain top removal coalmining, or on methane spewing into the air.”

Why? All people should take advantage of their resources.

What?
How the fuck did you came to this?

This was before G.E. went global. And besides, what do you want to do? Pass a few commonsense safety regulations and enforce them OR ban all international business? Which one is simpler to do and probably much more effective?

If the businesses were local they would be negatively effected as much as everyone else in the area, thus have incentive to act responsibility for their own well-being.

Gas the international companies, nationalist war now.

>go to pool
>sign: Do Not Pee In Pool

>go to pool
>sign: Do Not Pee In Pool from 9a-9p, In case of Pee in pool during 9a-9p evacuate pool, drain pool, clean pool using Acme Pee In Pool Cleaner, wait 24 hours for Acme Pee In Pool Cleaner Cleaner to dissolve, begin refilling pool, at 25% test water with Acme Peed In Pool Refill test kit, acceptable results drain pool and restart refill procedure, once filled, 2% sample size from various locations of pool at minimum 1/5 measurable distance total size shall be taken tested with Acme Peed In Pool Refilled Pool Test Kit, acceptable results after 24 hours certify results with an Acme Peed In Pool Refilled Pool representative available 9-5 Mon-Fri, please allow at least 48 hours notice for representative to arrive, allow minimum 72 hours for certification testing to be completed and documented, written notice of certification for personal records should arrive by mail in 6-8 weeks.

Please choose one.
I elect we just don't pee in the pool.

I've worked in the mining and geology industry a bit, and everyone in it is 100% scum.

They're in it to drain as much as they can, pay nothing, and then declare bankruptcy after having funneled all the profits to a parent corporation to avoid any kind of rehabilitation or cleanup.

The only way to avoid this is to force them to deposit a part of the profits into a joint account with the gov. until exploitation is over to be used specifically for rehab and clean. But when you do that, the Gov. often ends up blowing most of the funds on other shit.

There is literally no way to win. If you own a house or land close to a place that starts seeing exploitation, you're fucked. All your savings are fucked. Your house and land have no more value, and you won't see any benefit from this exploitation.

It's scummy as fuck.