ADHD

Can someone red pill me on ADHD?

Is it a real thing or a ploy by the pharmaceutical industry to push their placebo pills?

I was visiting my psychiatrist about a week ago and she suspects that I may have ADHD and possibly Asperger's Syndrome.

I do have issues keeping focus and getting distracted all the time, but not sure whether it's related to mental illness or if I'm just a lazy fuck with the attention span of a goldfish.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1180819/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4725115/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792615/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11603284/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22138428/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzBixSjmbc8cGW9p3-elS6uDHv7T0Z2vp
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7AkHopLIr8_1whMzHjqmamYDWcVcDv6
rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm
huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump. Pls halp.

adhd is real but highly over-diagnosed, corporations will take advantage of anything so claiming they invented mental illnesses is unnecessary.

Don't have ADHD but I do have narcolepsy. Was given Biphentin 30mg, long release Ritalin. It works really well for my focus and makes me extremely productive in school work but you need to have the inner motivation and drive to succeed on them nevertheless. The best combo I ever been on was Nofap, cold showers, Ritalin, and for the added kick my friend gave me 15mg dexterdine and I finished 12 hours of work in about 4 hours. But keep in mind it's extremely easy to have a 4 hour gapping session if your head isn't in the right place so be careful.

This. It is real, but usually it's now just used as a way to make little boys stop acting like little boys.

what is the point of cold showers

Ritalin and Adderall will definitely improve your ability to focus and get shit done and feel like a god of productivity. If you have difficulty concentrating, and it is interfering with your life, Ritalin or Adderall will help with that. Is ADHD a "real thing"? The question is kind of philosophical. People really do have different levels of ability to focus, buckle down, and be productive. Whether to call being on the lower end of that distribution as having a disease is kind of a semantic argument. But there are people who have trouble with it, it does tend to be hereditary, and the medicines will help. Make of it what you will. Life doesn't come with an instruction manual and we have to find our own way.

Personally I say get a prescription for a slow-release version of Ritalin and use it responsibly. If you can do that, it will improve your life and you will probably be glad you did it. But if you start snorting it or taking too much or too often, it will fuck you up badly. I also think Adderall is much scarier in that regard than Ritalin.

Good luck user.

Thiiiiiiis.

I have real ADHD, not the meme one. It has ruined most parts of my life.

From what I understand some people when reading or anything school related zone out after a few words and pay attention to their surrounding whether it be the air conditioning a bird flying by. Basically whatever they aren't interested in becomes null and void. However most people with ADHD don't really have it and big pharma just getting rich.

Also adderall should be legal and mandatory that shit MAKES you want to study and pay attention to learn to clean to be productive that shit is amazing. My grades improved and my social life I literally was a god. And I'm talking adderall not the off brands concerta etc.

>44445.

You had one job.

Thanks for the info though.

masochism in its cleanliest form

Sure

My cousin apparently had it but to be honest I think he is just an idiot. When he was in grade 4 he started getting in to a lot of trouble at school and had to see a councilor with his parents.

They decided that he was bored in class because the school work was too easy. My uncle was told his son is a border line geniuse when in reality he just needed a good fucking slap because he'd rather act like an idiot than behave.

He was then diagnosed with adhd. When my cousin found out he was special he'd purposefully act out for attention or because he knew he could get away with it.

This geniuse is now 21, works 2 days a week at bulk barn, watches anime all day, smokes weed all day, no friends, lives in his dad's basement and has no goals in life.
If my kid ever tries that shit he will be slapped and punished. I realize adhd exists but it is over diagnosed and just enables jerk offs.

Bumping bc the more answers the better.

It just means you are stimulated differently than most people so traditional education and social structures fail you. I was put on adderal at eleven and stayed on till 25 its very addictive because its amphetamines, and is one atom away from meth. It gives you what feels like a superpower to focus but you will have different drives and desires while on it so it can help and it might not. I loved what it did to me but hated depending on it and I vowed never to go beyond 30mg and when I became tolerant to that I stopped which was the most depressed ive ever been and still have a desire for it at 29. when I think about who I was it feels like im thinking someone elses thoughts so I just feel broken, point being if you decide to get on a medication, depending on what it is, plan on taking it until u retire or go through hell.

I don't think adderall is legal here in Europe.

Do the other medications work more or less the same?

People on Sup Forums without ADHD will say it's bullshit because it makes them feel good to think that everyone but them is a whiny crybaby who doesn't work as hard. They do the same thing with the unemployed, with fat people, with stoners, etc.

The greatest trick the rich ever pulled was to keep the poor fighting among themselves.

That makes me hopeful, just got my meds and wish I can get some proper work done for once in my life

It's total bullshit

From my experience working in schools, the kids with ADHD also "coincidentally" come from bad homes and are the product of poor parenting.

Nobody has the balls to tell parents they are the reason their kid is rude, lazy, aggressive etc.

No such thing as bad families any more, everything requires a diagnosis.

the only other thing I tried was atomoxetine which made me feel like a frog which didnt help me, but I was told its a therapy type drug so the more you take the more it should help but again it does change you and if it changes u forever theres no coming back so try to research as much as possible whatever they suggest for you.

ADHD is caused by low dopamine.

1: Fast. This increases dopamine receptors.
2: Eat raw garlic. This inhibits MAO-A/B. MAO metabolizes dopamine.
3: Take feverfew. Feverfew inhibits serotonin release. Serotonin inhibits dopamine release.
4: Drink tea. This inhibits the dopamine transporter (DAT). DAT removes a dopamine molecule from a synapse.

5: Tell them you have ADHD. They'll give you amphetamine or one of it's substitutes, which massively increases dopamine by inhibiting DAT - tea is second best.

Then you can join the rest of Sup Forums and Alex Jones in our quest to defeat 12-dimensional vampire pedophiles, whose goal is globalism and immortality.

>one atom from meth

You realize how many things are only molecules apart?

Source?

it's videogames

I know my ADHD would be solved were I to spend less time online and relax more.

But fuck that, got an adderall script instead.

Yes and is most likely caused by pregnant women eating foods laden with GMOs. Same cases for autism and downs.

placebo? That shit is basically meth. Want to get high on meth? Want to get addicted to meth? You will get addicted if you start taking that shit

I take my shit as instructed. Only weak willed people get addicted.

Same. Tried the non-stimulants first but they aren't working and make me vomit. Gonna have to bite the bullet and take the amphetamines, at least until I finish the bulk of my work and can live more carefree.

Ok so quit for a week and see what happens.

Protip: you can't

ADHD is actually the "normal" brain.
Matter of fact it extends into animals. Researchers use mice to see what the symptoms of ADHD are and how to treat them. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1180819/
Plus, for those saying that ADHD is new, the name of ADHD was changed from defiance disorder to ADHD to better encompass symptoms. Interestingly, people that don't have ADHD that take ADHD medications will become addicted, whereas people that have ADHD are less prone to addiction from medication.

You can stop. But you're going to feel miserable.

>Protip: You can't.

I've gone weeks without taking it before. Nice try though.

ADHD and a host of other mental illnesses are the direct result of being raised by a narc single mother.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD (in UK) the thing is it's bullshit I just run 10 km a day and everything goes to normal just make list of things to do and don't eat while doing them.

sure

see this You were just a retard kid.

>i can't handle my drugs
>that means you can't either

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4725115/
>Acute fasting increases somatodendritic dopamine release in the ventral tegmental area

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792615/
>Garlic extract showed significant antidepressant-like activity probably by inhibiting MAO-A and MAO-B levels and through interaction with adrenergic, dopaminergic, serotonergic and GABAergic systems

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11603284/
>5-Hydroxytryptamine-inhibiting property of Feverfew: role of parthenolide content.

5-Hydroxytryptamine = serotonin. Moving on;

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22138428/

That last paper is the one about tea, and I was incorrect - tea promotes tyrosine hydroxylase, which creates dopamine. It doesn't inhibit DAT. But my advice was correct for the wrong reason.

Currently fasting and smoking legal weed - very manic.

You can't handle your meth.
doesn'tmeanIcan'toohshitcops.

you're probably deficient in magnesium. Take chelated magnesium, l-theanine with some caffeine and congrats you don't need adderall and are healthy again.

Its a real thing but not as bad as what the talking heads say it is
Its basically that your more attracted to phyiscial things that involve your hands.

The only reason this is a problem is because the schools got lazy and implemented standardize testing which people like you cant excell in.

Or taurine with niacin worked for me plus distance running.
Basically you have micros deficiency

>ADHD is actually the "normal" brain

That's true for a lot of people and animals. It's normal for dopamine levels to go down with age, and it makes perfect sense that evolution would cause you to be born with tunnel-vision, so you can focus on learning to tie your shoes, and that vision widens so you can take care of kids and guard against animals.

Schools became feminine and centered towards womens education.
t. grandma worked in school and worked on national education standard

Fuck what everyone else in this thread, OP, and watch through this playlist:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzBixSjmbc8cGW9p3-elS6uDHv7T0Z2vp

I don't have ADHD but I have similar executive function deficits and this guy knows his shit.
I believe this is his most concise and informative set of videos but literally anything by the guy is good.
And if you really want to get serious then here is a more thorough playlist to watch through:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7AkHopLIr8_1whMzHjqmamYDWcVcDv6

The irony. Aderall pills are red.

Step 1: Try pills
Step 2: If you have intolerable side effects, switch to a different drug type if possible
Step 3: If you notice a change and like said change, stay on pills and stop here
Step 4: If you don't notice a change and you are not at the maximum allowable dosage, try higher dose after acclimating for 2-4 weeks, else, stop here
Step 5: Repeat steps 2-4

ADHD meds aren't addictive at prescription dosages.

Worst case scenario is generally a few weeks of upset stomach and maybe you'll hallucinate seeing swarms of flying insects all over you once in a while.

>placebo

I fucking with. The pharma jew tells kids that being kids is a disease and gives them potent opiates.

Was seeing an "ADDBBQXYZ " chick before and she gave me some ritalins to help me with college work.

Mind was like a laser beam, after a while I started liking the focus. Eventually stopped fapping 2x a day so had to quit.

Just brew up some coffee and you're grand.

They wake you up and the cold forces you to be more alert.

>t. Pfizer

>opiates
ADHD meds are pretty much the exact opposite of oppiates

As a serious case of ADHD sperg tier, this is exactly it

And I don't know what kind of psych you're seeing, OP, but there's no more Aperger's anymore, it's just autism now.

I'm going to see my psychiatrist next week; I've been on SSRIs for 2 years but they do not help me. I think I have ADHD and my therapist does too, so I'll probably get some adderall or something. Looking forward to being superhuman.

Teachers are expected to treat ever child with an individual program yet their classes keep getting bigger so they look for excuses to medicate some.

I was on adderall, 60mg a day for years.

While taking it I was immensely depressed and hated life. Thought about attempting suicide most of the time, glad I didn't.

When I hit 18 I stopped taking it cold turkey. I didn't have any drawbacks.

I drank coca cola, 6 cans or more a day for at least 15 years. I quit that cold turkey, had no drawbacks.

I used to drink a 5th of wild turkey a day for 3 years, quit that cold turkey no problem.

Smoking on the other hand, I have had a very hard time quitting that habit.

Adderall has been around since the 1930s and was sold as a sinus reliever until people discovered that it perked them up, so they abused it. Ayn Rand wrote most/if not all of her works while on amphetamines.

It's a better version of coffee imo. Coffee has side effects too, let's not act like caffeine is any better as that shit can kill you in high doses too.

It became feminine because of money.
Its a ton of money to do physical experiments so they just opted to change the tests becuase of "Mah Girls"
Its always why they started feminising everything because its cheaper

"JungleGyms are dangerous"
Less Costs on building

"P.E focus's on male toxicity"
Less Costs On equipment

"Science experiments are dangerous"
Less Costs on Supplies

"Girls perform better on standardize tests"
Less costs and effort

"The Children could get hurt on this trip and we have to sign loads of health and safety documents"
Less costs and effort

Although there is a push by these femonazi's they're being manipulated by greedy higher ups that just want to save costs and they're using 3rd wave feminism to acomplish it.

It's real, I used to think it was bull shit until I got it.

Haven't taken anything for mine in like 3-4 years

I don't find it to be addictive at all. Have an adderall prescription, I make my 1 month bottle last 3+, only take it when programming or in the morning before work. Stimulants affect you differently if you have ADHD. Maybe they're less addictive too. People say caffiene is too, but that's never been the case with me.

Getting treated for severe ADHD was the best thing ever.
But my God, why was life so miserable?
Do you have autism by chance?

This. The biggest fraud was calling this disorder attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. It's a chronic executive dysfunction. ADHD medication saved my life, and Concerta in particular has been the most effective for me.

obvious b8

Yes but it's also hereditary, so you'd expect poor parenting from ADHD parents.

I use adderall but I've heard there is another option, can't remember it though.

this.

It's real and I have it. It basically causes your mind to wonder from subject to subject. Much quicker than it would a for a normie.

Although Adderal can help one with ADHD to focus. Its negative health effectives can cause more problems than its worth.

You'll lose the desire to eat. Causing you to loose weight and muscle mass. The lack sleep is another problem that often affects Adderall users. Which in return can cause random mood swings.

It'd be best to avoid adderall if one has ADHD. Since of it becomes nothing but a crutch for a very mild, common, and controlable mental illness.

Although I'm sure the affliction does exist ("Vanartiga barn" as they used to be called, back in olden times), it's nowhere near as prevalent as people claim.

I'd say the huge numbers of spazzed out, retarded, asshole kids stem from a successful mix of medicall companies' hunger for profits and bad parents seeking a convenient excuse.

A match made in heaven, if you like.

I take adderall 20 mg XR, it's a miracle worker.

>take it in the morning
>time when you need to eat
>ask for a lower dosage
All the things you just said are preventable user.

it's a real thing but over diagnosed to fuck and back so dr. slomo can get his cut from goldberg industries to give you pills you get addicted to

For all the anons that think ADHD meds aren't addictive

Why are Finnish memes all on point?

I've got pretty dang severe ADHD, but grew up in a good home with a few small dysfunctions. Not single parent related. Just a mother who was hopped up on pain killers and a father that was too busy working and paying our bills to be a major part in my life. He passed when I was 19.

The internet is addictive too. Either learn self-control or don't use what you know you'll get hooked on.

In summary OP unless you are about to kill yourself, get your diet in check. Get some blood work done. See if you are deficient in anything.

Start doing LISS cardio 3-4+ times a week.
Take 180 and subtract your age. That's your target heart rate. Stay in that zone. You should be able to hold a conversation at that pace without being out of breath.

You can throw in some calisthenics or weight lifting as well.

Make sure you're sleeping enough and in general taking care of yourself.

People will downplay taking adderall as being no big deal. Those people were either never prescribed it, or they're in denial about their dependence on it.

Don't think so
God's honest truth

Shit like ritalin helps but you can use alternative methods to help lessen mental fatigue. For some people a quality diet, a structured routine and healthy exercise is enough. Others require medication.

Those pills ain't placebos

>but a crutch for a very mild, common, and controlable mental illness.
Not everyone has mild ADHD m8.

Doing 65 down the expressway and not being able to stop yourself from daydreaming about that comic you read earlier that day is life threatening.

And ADHD isn't a mental illness.

And the mind wandering is just a variant of ADHD. You can also hyperfocus on a single subject, for instance a daydream, to the detriment of anything else you wished to be thinking about.

Basically what I'm saying is don't assuming you're the archetypal case and tell people to avoid drugs they may need as a result...unless you want to be rear ended at a stop light by a car going 65.

Common signs of an Adderall addiction include:

Needing larger doses to feel the drug’s effects
Taking the drug despite knowledge of the harm it’s causing
Not being able to finish work without Adderall
Spending a lot of money getting the drug
Being unable to feel alert without the drug

ADHD and Asperger's came from neanderthals because they were evolutionary traits which were good for hunting.

rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Intense focus and high energy levels were useful for survival in ice age europe. Neanderthals actually had 10% larger brains because of high natural selection in very hostile environment where you needed brains also to survive.

Africa has wood and warmth around the year so it was all about multiplying and killing rival tribes. That's why niggers are so aggressive and ape-like. More north you go, more neanderthal genes people have. Only race which doesn't have superior neanderthal genes are niggers.

Current society is just so much different plave than forest where we had to hunt for a living. Sitting still in classroom is not what we used to do.

Neanderthals raped women from africa and created cro-magnons which also had larger brains than current humans but it was able to reproduce fast and replace and assimilate original neanderthals. They live side by side for a long time and we still have neanderthal DNA. Sometimes those genes are stronger so we are literally cavemens.

It's not meant as an insult because all neanderthals I know have really strong mind and willpower. Asperger brain is simply wired like neanderthals, that's why they feel like different race.

huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html

Okay, people with autism often experience depression while on ADHD meds. So, you might want to get checked.

>Doing 65 down the expressway and not being able to stop yourself from daydreaming about that comic you read earlier that day is life threatening.

Idk why this made me kek, lmao.

>ADHD came form Neanderthals.
So, why do people in southern Africa have ADHD?

The problem with lower dosages is that the body builds a tolerence for adderal quickly. Or at least while your young. Since I can't refute that arguement for older adults. Since I haven't read anything based upon the effects of adderall on older adults.

Common signs of porn addiction include a scabby dick and lost time. Different things are addictive, everyone here gets it.

I'm off to the drs this coming week to see about if i have it. Im 30. I have all the symptoms. Went to a private school so things like ADHD didnt exist there so i think i may have slipped through the net.

I literally zone out straight away when people are talking to me. Its embarrassing.

Maybe. I've seen therapists when I was a kid, none of whom felt I had Autism, but this was also the late 90's/early 00s

I don't have trouble making friends or communicating. I have very abstract thought that I can't communicate, but so does every person.

I just have a massive inferiority complex, paranoia, and anxiety.

>Those people were either never prescribed it, or they're in denial about their dependence on it.
Or they took the prescription dose and didn't abuse it like a god damn retard.

I legitimately don't even understand how people take enough of the shit to get hooked. It gives me hypergraphia at higher prescription dosages not to mention makes it harder to sleep. I only take as much as the shit as I need to control my symptoms and only when I need to control my symptoms.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who actually knows about the topic.

>It's a chronic executive dysfunction
To add on to this "ADHD" should've also been classified as a developmental disorder, that's why some people eventually grow out of it.

And this isn't even starting on the emotional dysregulation aspects that aren't even part of the modern diagnostic criteria.

Because many people will act to get it, much like Xanax. Then they cna get it prescribed and not have to go through shady deals and can get it regularly.

I have a friend who swears he needs Xanax because he has terrible, crippling anxiety. Said he feels like he's on a pedestal all the time and hates being the center of attention.

This same person drives a big obnoxious truck, stickers and lights everywhere, and loves to be the center of attention. Even when he's not on Xanax. He does not have anxiety, he has an addiction and a dependency.

>Is it a real thing or a ploy by the pharmaceutical industry to push their placebo pills?

A bit of both

> You can also hyperfocus on a single subject

Hyperfocusing is solely a symptom of Autism, not ADHD

>Spending a lot of money getting the drug

I get 60 generic 15mg pills for $10

People getting it legally shouldn't have to worry about the price very much

>I was visiting my psychiatrist about a week ago and she suspects that I may have ADHD and possibly Asperger's

Oh boy.

> seeing a psychiatrist
> she
> that flag

This has to be bait. Psychiatry is literally the definition of a pseudoscience.

And reading through some of these comments, it is the thing Sup Forums is most bluepilled about.