Is Roman Catholic church legit?

Is Roman Catholicism even legit? I've recently decided to follow Christ and have been going to church but I must say this guy makes a lot of sense. Is it OK to follow stuff that is obviously not in the Bible (like worshipping Mary) but is done in Catholic tradition like it's the most normal thing?

What do you think? I'm seriously thinking of leaving the Church and just living my life out of the Bible as far as the Word of God goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7s2lKFcH6dk&t=247s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34
bible.ca/catholic-infallibility.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was it his filming this in his kitchen that made you think he was credible? /s

No they are degenerate pedophiles and heretics.
Resist them!

Protestantism contradict the early Christians

Let that sink in

>worshipping an old pedophile instead of an actual god
Orthodox Christianity is the only true christianity

Protestants hate the early church fathers

All of whom contradict them

protestants think Polycarp is in hell

protestants hate this

Roman Church is the only legit Church.

Nah its the true faith.

Not since Vatican II, that's for sure.

>worshipping mary
What the heretic protestant sects will never wrap their heads around is that if you are a sinner, you are to pray that Mary prays to the lord on your behalf due to you being unworthy to pray to the lord, which is why the Templars and Hospitallers would pray to Mary as they felt they were murderers and sinners.

>legit?

yes, pedo mafia legit

If you ain't Calvinist, you ain't shit

In the mass Mary is not that important, but you're supposed to pray the Rosary in private every day and it's Hail Mary all the time. I really don't want to pray to something outside God(Creator,Father), Son and the Holy Spirit.

This guy has to be bot or something, constantly spams all religious threads with weird post that never change, rarely gives an original response, is online like 24/7...

No cuz they're pagans n shieeeet

t. Every Protestant ever

Can you explain this?

>I base my faith on immigration issues

Lmao typical faithless anglo, race worshipper

Says the dumb PRODDIE who got BTFO each time he tries to make the church fathers protestant

DEAL WITH IT LOSER

I was literally just at mass and some new Irish pastor started to talk about "the evil of denial" and "Jesus would let anyone in this isnt right!"

Jesus come back we need you

Also fuck that faggot from the Dominican Republic

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You don't need a church, you need Christ.

Wat...

You even quoted a orthodox calling him protestant.

A mod should confirm if this is some kinda bot or something

Catholics have the best sex.

The bible is just Church Tradition. If you are going sola scriptura, you need to examine for yourself what to take as cannon. This includes archaeological finds like Dead Sea Scrolls, and you also get the right and obligation to question whether certain books of the bible should have been included at all.

>he cannot read
PRODDIE so stupid

Why do you love cocks?

How many refugees are being resettled in the Vatican?

>orange order
>not even hiding jew symbols

sounds about right

> hurrr proddy hurrrrr hurrr hurrrrrrrrr prody hurrrrrrrrr

>/s
what does that mean

Protestants want to be like Jews, they're regressing Christians

>Implying the upper Russian Orthodoxy isn't filled Putin's bankrolled asslickers

Still better than Protestants but that's not really hard.

Protestants contradict early Christian

>June 2014: For the first time in the history of Catholicism, Pope Francis authorized "Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran" at the Vatican. In ancient times, this would have been considered blasphemy.

Then there's this gem:
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

Your religious head is a fucking puppet retard, it's nothing to do with god

Good point

That much is clear. You must also repent for your sins and avoid sin. And give to the poor etc. But a Church provides Eucharist - but if the Church or ritual is not of God (not legit) then it could not just be void but also hurt you (as in it would be a sin to participate in such worship).

"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."

-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.

2 token families apparently

Scripture confirms the worth of Tradition (in theological meaning), which in turn, being supported by Scripture, leads to primacy of Bishop of Rome - not only, as the Orthodox claim, "primus inter pares" meaning, but in its Catholic meaning.

>muh cast die
>muh Hebrew-only

You speak of the protestants who are not of God

protestant reject eucharist

Sola Scriptura btfo by early christian

Holy fucking shit, the pope is a massive fagggot...

Anyone reading check that video out

>pray to god
>use the bible

>ignore all man made religion

catholicism is not in the bible
so it has nothing to do with christianity it is man kind tradition and corruption

break free it is degenerate

relationship with god has nothing to do with a denomination

its a real thing

And yet protestants contradict the early Christians

Explain this

"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."

-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.

I am convinced that this has got to be a spam bot or something.

> hurrr protestants hurr hurr hurrr rrrreeeeeeeee

it is funny how early Christians contradict protestant on every corner

Yes, the Protestants are heretics and the Greeks have lost their ability to teach Christian doctrine .

It's obviously not the same God we believe in (except for Jews). Why is this not important? Who cares about life on this earth even (if true Christian)? They should all convert to Christianity ASAP.

PRODDIE so ASSMAD ABOUT HISTORY

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

That's what reform means you dense cunt

But which one is closest to early Christian?

Protestant contradict them

Reform to contradict the early Christians which they claim to revert to

Very good

Only one guy in here talking about Protestantism, posting blocks of copypasta over and over again...

PRODDIE so ASSMAD he CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH OF ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP AND THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS

PRODDIE BTFO

>Thinking Maccabees is canon

Except...IT IS

Just a question?
Weren't there many churches started - like 1 in every city? And the Roman one is perhaps one that is the most successful because of the size of the Roman empire which accepted it as a religion (like MS-DOS became the dominant OS because IBM chose it for their PC), but it perhaps was not even the most "true" one? Not even mentioning the later changes that were done by popes.

Many christian churches claim to be "the right way" to worship God and, in doing so, obtain salvation.
This implies that if you don't worship the right way, then you are not saved. This is a nice excuse to murder each oder.
To answer your question: you should decide how to worship. Anyone with a different choose will hate you.

It should be observed that the Old Testament thus admitted as authoritative in the Church was somewhat bulkier and more comprehensive than the [Protestant Old Testament] . . . It always included, though with varying degrees of recognition, the so-called Apocrypha or Deutero-canonical books. The reason for this is that the Old Testament which passed in the first instance into the hands of Christians was . . . the Greek translation known as the Septuagint. .. . most of the Scriptural quotations found in the New Testament are based upon it rather than the Hebrew.. . . In the first two centuries. . . the Church seems to have accepted all, or most of, these additional books as inspired and to have treated them without question as Scripture. Quotations from Wisdom, for example, occur in 1 Clement and Barnabas. . . Polycarp cites Tobit, and the Didache [cites] Ecclesiasticus. Irenaeus refers to Wisdom, the History of Susannah, Bel and the Dragon [i.e., the Deuterocanonical portions of Daniel], and Baruch. The use made of the Apocrypha by Tertullian, Hippolytus, Cyprian and Clement of Alexandria is too frequent for detailed references to be necessary" (JND Kelly, Early Christian Doctrines, 53-54).

Oops...protestants removed books

>Reform: make changes in (something, especially an institution or practice) in order to improve it.
>changes in order to improve it
>changes

There are many churches BUT .they all believe the same shit and ARE IN COMMUNION TOGETHER

Compare that to protestants where they cannot even agree

Protestants of course made shit worse with islam tier logic

But that we may believe on the authority of holy Scripture that such is the case, hear how in the book of Maccabees, where the mother of seven martyrs exhorts her son to endure torture, this truth is confirmed; for she says, ' ask of thee, my son, to look at the heaven and the earth, and at all things which are in them, and beholding these, to know that God made all these things when they did not exist.' [2 Maccabees 7:28]" Origen, Fundamental Principles, 2:2 (A.D. 230),in ANF, IV:270

can you please quote the bible instead?

the bible is the religion of Christianity

these are ulterior sources that are not inspired

these are not from the bible so they could literally be anything

The pope gags on giant dicks

> Gnostics and catholics BTFO

>Reform is islam tier
>Islam never reformed and they are still in the fucking dark ages
You're a moron

Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Armenian Church, Coptic Church, Church of the East, and the Ethiopian Church also have disagreements.

false.

bible.ca/catholic-infallibility.htm

OP,

The Catholic Church is legit. But make sure you go to a Traditional Latin Mass community and follow the calendar of 1962. The New Mass (Novus Ordo) is an abomination and will not stand the test of time.

Except of course not to the point of protestants

This is pure heretical abomination.

When they say they are all "god's" children, they are referring to Lucifer, the god of the Roman Gnostic Temple.

>Isaiah 14:12-22

12 How has Lucifer, that rose in the morning, fallen from heaven! He that sent orders to all the nations is crushed to the earth. 13 But thou saidst in thine heart, I will go up to heaven, I will set my throne above the stars of heaven: I will sit on a lofty mount, on the lofty mountains toward the north: 14 I will go up above the clouds: I will be like the Most High. 15 But now thou shalt go down to hell, even to the foundations of the earth. 16 They that see thee shall wonder at thee, and say, This is the man that troubled the earth, that made kings to shake; 17 that made the whole world desolate, and destroyed its cities; he loosed not those who were in captivity. 18 All the kings of the nations lie in honour, every man in his house. 19 But thou shalt be cast forth on the mountains, as a loathed carcase, with many dead who have been pierced with swords, going down to the grave. 20 As a garment defiled with blood shall not be pure, so neither shalt thou be pure; because thou hast destroyed my land, and hast slain my people: thou shalt not endure for ever, —thou an evil seed. >21 Prepare thy children to be slain for the sins of their father; that they arise not, and inherit the earth, nor fill the earth with wars. 22 And I will rise up against them, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will destroy their name, and remnant, and seed: thus saith the Lord.

Islam believe in predestination like expressed by calvinist moron.

As a Christian, you do not have the right to volunteer to take on a burden if it burdens those around you to an equal degree. It must be voluntary and selfless.

True Christians would be volunteering their time and energy to help anyone in need, not just those of a different faith. If there are people who sincerely want to help then they should be donating to charities, giving their time to help the poor in Syria or supporting a political cause that will solve the problem in Syria.

In my eyes, a Christian shouldn't create contempt against themselves as a faith by taking action that will negatively effect the people they are trying to convert. Whenever people hear instances of the Catholic church using church funds to build mosques in christian majority countries, that does nothing but push people further away from the faith, including the Muslims who will be welcomed into a country by certain groups and then shunned by the rest. They will ultimately blame the people that told them that this would be a safe place for them to live.

I LOVE U BRO

Like protestants are as well

Good. Show me you really mean it

This poster is a bot, do not respond to it.

Roman Gnostics love giant dicks, which is why they have one in the Vatican.

I am so sorry you cannot handle the fact that the early Christians contradict you and protestant

Sooooo.....

In saying that, you dont deny that Lucifer is god of the catholics........

Not an argument, there are similarities between all abrahamic religions.
You're just like the sand-niggers saying that there is one be all end all scripture that can never be changed and is definite.
The world has changed a bit in 2000 years, why should religion stay completely irrelevant.

Here is the giant pagan phallus in the Roman Gnostic Temple.

It means protestantism contradict the early Christian

Except of course that logic is never found in early christianity at all

buy a computer dude
stop using your damn cell phone

thats not how you use Sup Forums

>Is Roman Catholicism even legit?

Yes.

>No they are degenerate pedophiles and heretics.
>Resist them!

sauce on this pic please

No.

>filioque
>bowing down to statues
>"""praising""" mary and the saints

Stay away from heresy. God guide and protect you.

That apolo symbol kinda looks like the shit on the argentine flag

I say this, sola fide means you are a puppet with no free will

Just ask the guy who made that shit

hi tinny baby

didn't your mom kick you out

Early Christian praise martyrs

Explain that

Most importantly: Works + Faith

That's simply wrong.

>8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life. - Ephesians 2:8-10

>muh early christianity
>doesn't fit with early christianity
>but which is closer to early christianity
You really sound like a fucking sunni, funny how europeans reformed religion and are the most advanced and civilized people. You have one argument and it's a retarded one

Do you deny the scripture which says that the only way into the Kingdom to come is by Jesus Christ the Son of God?

Because the pope is saying that you can get in without Jesus.

Do you agree with the pope that there are other ways of getting into the Kingdom of Christ without accepting Christ Himself as your Savior and Son of God?