Explain to me gender pay

And why it is or isn't real, preferably in the forms of info graphs, charts and research

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_1970
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

It's real. I make $74k/year before taxes, and the lady with
>1 more year of experience than me
>same job position & title
makes $66k/year.

If women were paid less than men holding productivity constant, then any given individual could hire women exclusively and out compete every other company in the entire world.

Most of the gap is because women go to easy jobs which don't pay much. A very small percentage of gap is because women don't want to negotiate for a higher wage.

Why doesn't your company just fire you, hire another woman, and save $8k+ a year if this is the case?

Asian males make more money than any other demographic. We must end Asian male privilege.

because literally every single individual who has ever started a business has cared more about being surrounded by penises than he has about profit. fuck greedy capitalists.

also good infographic

the remaining gap is mostly because of things like maternal leave, having the job on a lower priority because of family and things like that

This one doesn't take into account where the degree is from and what degree it is, as well as experience, overtime pay, ability to negotiate wages, in-job competitiveness and productivity raises and bonuses.

>doesn't care about profit above all else
>greedy capitalist

She works less
or
tries less to get a raise

Op again. How is this in the case of higher salary jobs? Is the gap still there?

in that case, the gap they will complain about, is that not enough females get the higher salary jobs, because the pay gap is diminished there

What I'm trying to deliver is that this whole "wage gap" is pure retardness coming from those, who dropped out of middle school.
As seem from my pics you can invent an infinite amount of dif factors that might affect your wage. You can take into account only one factor (sex) but the model will be low accuracy. When compared education for instance has more significance than sex.

The only normal reason would be that while on average women tend to have lower wage it only truly correlates with their life choices aka education, part-time jobs, fields of interest etc.

Concentrating on one variable alone while discussing such complicated issue makes no sense at all.

Bump

No. The gap is never there. If it is profitable to hire women instead of men then it will be done. It is also literally illegal not to.

Basic understanding of economic theory and human action will show you that the wage gap is an impossibility in a free market. The wage gap can only exist in a government-owned monopoly in which productivity cannot be calculated due to lack of revenue and therefore hiring will be based on factors other than productivity.

What don't you understand still? Are you retarded or is this just another shit-slide thread?

I don't have any graphs specific to the subject but you can figure it out yourself on job sites. Generally the pay gap comes from the lack of females in particularly lucrative jobs and the fact that they are more likely to take leave more often. While men are more likely to take on overtime work.

If you were to look at the pay between males and females WITHIN THE SAME JOB you'd find that there's little difference. You can't just look at them as a whole gender and make an assumption based on that.

So the gap is due to capitalism and the fact that women are allowed to work

what about the billions of white men controlling everything and keeping the women down

It's not real because it's literally illegal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_1970

If any big company tried having unequal pay, every single woman in the company would have legal grounds to sue them and they would go bankrupt extremely quickly.