I-Is he right?

If he's not then why are (((they))) lying about the rotation meme/con?

>if a plane stops in mid air

Jesus fucking christ m8

Helicopter?

A helicopter would make the argument more sound.

That's the reason why saudi planes always crash

Because what we percieve as '0 miles per hour' is actually going the same speed as the Earth's rotation.

get outta here with that round earth hokus pokus

I always thought it was interesting if you think about a plane taking off, it doesn't start flying to its destination, it flies towards where its destination is going to be.

If you are on a train and jump, you will hit the wall as fast as the train is going.

The Purge can't come soon enough.

well if the plane could hover for a while he's right

No.
This will only have an effect on you if the train changes its speed.

>islamic intellectuals

So I guess I could put my car in neutral on flat ground, pointing east/west and it will start rolling.

Woah just thinking, what would happen if the earth would suddenly come to a standstill? Would we fly with 27km/s in one direction? lawl

If a woman was flying the plane God would be so angered there would be earthquakes.
Arabic science, bitches.

Yeah. We'd be fucked.

Literally everything would die.

dude physics lmao

You moving at about 600 km/s when 'stationary' due to the movement of the milky way.

If the universe itself is moving, it could be even faster.

Yeah, half the stuff on the Earth would eject outwards, the other half would be crushed into the Earth. Then one side would start to burn up and the other side would freeze. Total chaos. And that's only if it stops relative to the sun. The universe is expanding too.

Crushed into the earth? I think nearly everything would be ejected into outer space. Even Mountains and most of the sea.

Good point. Would the tangential velocity due to rotation of earth actually be enough to overcome the gravitational pull? Hmm, really makes me think.

woooooooow