When did you realize Buddhism is the ultimate red pill?

When did you realize Buddhism is the ultimate red pill?

Other urls found in this thread:

buddhanet.net/nutshell03.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When I saw their fucking huge statues

when I read 'Three Pillars of Zen' and 'Way of the White Clouds' 20 years ago

Hinduism and Jainism aren't too bad either.

It isn't. Buddhism creates autistic collectivist societies like Japan, South Korea, China

In the year 2003, i guess

bumping for merit that i together with all suffering beings may escape the wheel of rebirth

Thinking Buddhism is better than stoicism, top kek.

Buddhism is pretty cool.

>china
>buddhism
please explain

This is why Muslims should fuck off. Islam has one goal for everyone to allah snackbar.

I went to see one without knowing much about it and I was seriously impressed by the size

I have to second that.

Bump 4 truth.

>LITERALLY a shitty Christianity
yea...alright goy...

>gee whiz yet another religion that preaches the merits of powerlessness and cuckery.
>this one's cool because it's asian and mystical and i'm a fucking weeb

blue. the pill is blue.

>buddhism a religion
>preaches
Here you go friendo, something to read while you're digesting that blue pill.
buddhanet.net/nutshell03.htm

Buddhism literally is stoicism.

Bump 4 enlightenment.

It's the most popular religion in China. Confucianism and Taoism are 2nd and 3rd but they're just as autistic and communist-minded

i've been feeling i've been living this same life again

The problem with Buddhism is that it makes no attempts to create any sort of moral system to follow and make the world a better place. Essentially it just tells you that the world is shit and always will be shit, and that the only thing you can do is look within yourself to achieve the true state of being. But that doesn't actually help anyone. It's a coping mechanism, not a system of morality.

B-but the material world *is* shit & suffering. Why sugar-coat it?

It's the other way around.

>it makes no attempts to create any sort of moral system to follow and make the world a better place
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path

Wrong, Taoism and Confucianism teaches you how to be a good subject. The problem is that it doesn't teach you how to be a good ruler

>the problem
>no moral system
Who fucking cares you Christcuck. The reason you suffer is you're too attached to meaningless ideals like that.

Like 11 years ago

Get on my level you are like a little baby

That was more Confucius, imo

The eight Buddhist practices in the Noble Eightfold Path are:

Right View: our actions have consequences; death is not the end, and our actions and beliefs have also consequences after death; the Buddha followed and taught a successful path out of this world and the other world (heaven and underworld/hell)[24][25][26][27][note 3] Later on, right view came to explicitly include karma and rebirth, and the importance of the Four Noble Truths, when "insight" became central to Buddhist soteriology.[28][29]
Right Resolve: the giving up home and adopting the life of a religious mendicant in order to follow the path; this concept, states Harvey, aims at peaceful renunciation, into an environment of non-sensuality, non-ill-will (to loving kindness), away from cruelty (to compassion).[30] Such an environment aids contemplation of impermanence, suffering, and non-Self.[30]
Right Speech: no lying, no rude speech, no telling one person what another says about him, speaking that which leads to salvation;[23]
Right Conduct: no killing or injuring, no taking what is not given, no sexual acts.[23]
Right Livelihood: beg to feed, only possessing what is essential to sustain life;[23]
Right Effort: guard against sensual thoughts; this concept, states Harvey, aims at preventing unwholesome states that disrupt meditation.[30]
Right Mindfulness: never be absent minded, being conscious of what one is doing; this, states Harvey, encourages the mindfulness about impermanence of body, feeling and mind, as well as to experience the five aggregates (skandhas), the five hindrances, the four True Realities and seven factors of awakening.[30]
Right samadhi: practicing four stages of meditation (dhyāna) culminating into unification of the mind

As a side note:
What does Sup Forums think of Dalai Lama?

>haha just give up bro trust me if you delude yourself into caring about nothing you're enlightened

He's a big buddha.

HUR DUR THA YELLERS R THINKIN HARD AGAIN MARGE

Why do so many people feel the need to form an opinion when they don't know the first thing about the subject?
This is an embarrassment.

>THA YELLERS R THINKIN HARD AGAIN MARGE
Precisely the opposite. They're abolishing thought by deluding themselves with mindless platitudes.

u must be pretty educaited on this issue my good sir because u got that guys pic on ur hd

i conceed

>Buddhism is that it makes no attempts to create any sort of moral system to follow and make the world a better place

Proofs with quotes please.

Buddhism isn't nihilistic though, it's not even close. They care about a lot of things. What the hell are on about, are you just copying what you heard someone else say?

>he probably thinks a crude civil war general is a professor or a writer
lol, this is one what happens when you "meditate" all the thoughts away

Buddhists do many good things, but their doctrines lead to obviously amoral worldviews.

haha man u got me u know alot about history and book stuff!

Buddhism (unfortuantely in my opinion) always was a bit elitist, intellectual thing. Commoners never had time to study, meditate and contemplate on Buddhist teaching. Generally it was nobility and monks who practiced Buddhism in East Asia.

So Buddhism do have nothing common with collectivism.

>the problem with buddhism is that it isn't exactly what it is

What did he mean by this?

Thats what legalism was for

Passive aggressive ignorance, truly a Buddhist reaction.

>are you just copying what you heard someone else say?

>In my condemnation of Christianity I surely hope I do no injustice to a related religion with an even larger number of believers: I allude to Buddhism. Both are to be reckoned among the nihilistic religions — they are both decadence religions — but they are separated from each other in a very remarkable way. For the fact that he is able to compare them at all the critic of Christianity is indebted to the scholars of India. — Buddhism is a hundred times as realistic as Christianity — it is part of its living heritage that it is able to face problems objectively and coolly; it is the product of long centuries of philosophical speculation. The concept, "god," was already disposed of before it appeared. Buddhism is the only genuinely positive religion to be encountered in history, and this applies even to its epistemology (which is a strict phenomenalism) — It does not speak of a "struggle with sin," but, yielding to reality, of the "struggle with suffering." Sharply differentiating itself from Christianity, it puts the self-deception that lies in moral concepts be hind it; it is, in my phrase, beyond good and evil.
Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist

>amoral worldviews.

I repeat provide proofs.

>This watered down shit that doesn't follow from Buddha's teachings lets me enjoy the feelings of sophistication that come from following le enlightened religion while sacrificing nothing

I don't deny that his some of his teachings were to do good. I just deny that they aren't contradictory to his other teachings.

hey fuck you buddy ive been a buddhist since freshman and im still learning alot.

>Essentially it just tells you that the world is shit

"It came to me that I should teach this truth for it is real happiness and joy. The cessation of suffering is possible. For those who are ready the door to the deathless state is open. If you have ears give up the conditions that bind you and enter in."
"It is in this way that I went forth to teach."

Buddha Shakyamuni.

Yeah, why do you? Fuck off already, shitposter.

Examples of contradictions plz.

Buddha stated many many times that his teaching is not contradictory.

>strawmaning me as a buddhist when I made no such claim and simply called out his flawed accusation

Buddha was aryan prince.

>makes no attempts to create any sort of moral system to follow and make the world a better place

I'll take 'What is Karma' for wholesome rebirth

Goes like this

Sri Lankan and Thailander etc westernize Buddhism in response to Protestant missionaries
Later gets picked up by West
Buddhists missionaries later make it more palatable to the west new age type by removing dogmatic elements
Finally it is watered down by rich white suburbanites who don't know jack("Reincarnation is a metaphor, Buddhism is not a religion/a peaceful religion).

Buddhism is a mind virus that tries to convert lazy people to anti-intellectualism. Its concept of "enlightenment" is nothing more than striving to weaken one's mind until only the most superficial kind of consciousness remains. I think it's probably even worse than suicide.
It's pretty easy to get into it because it mostly doesn't make any sense, you just have to "contemplate" supposed paradoxes, which are in fact simple puns.

Tl;dr basically enlightenment is emptiness

>Buddhism is a mind virus that tries to convert lazy people to anti-intellectualism

proofs plz

Buddhism is pretty irrelevant today, other forms of nihilism are more accessible.

Buddhism focuses way too much on suffering, it makes it kind of depressing. The thing is if you focus on positive shit suffering will naturally go away.

“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It
has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the
crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing
through the facade of pretence. It's the
complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true.”
―Adyashanti

Emmmmm.. Do you know that there are still present plenty of Buddha Gautama original teachings, in which he describes what Annutara-samyak-samboddhi is, and what it is not?

Why follow some obviously unrealised freaks? Why not read sutras and follow teachers with actual spiritual heritage?

>"Changing the topic to Hitler's expulsion of the Jews, it appears that in this, too, there are a lot of reasons for his actions. While it is a very cruel policy, when looked at from the point of view of the current and future happiness of the entire German people, it may be that, for a time, some sort of extreme action is necessary in order to preserve the nation." - D. T. Suzuki

I can see why you would rather watch the world burn in it's spastic, anarchic orgy of chasing material pleasures. But if Buddhists say they have a method that can be used by anyone to escape it who am I to tell them they're in the wrong?

>Finally it is watered down by rich white jews who don't know jack

ftfy user