Should Genetic Engineering be allowed or encouraged

It could literally solve the planet's food problems, drastically decrease fertilizer use, environmental harm, make our food healthier, produce glow-in-the-dark plants for low-energy lighting, virtually cure all genetic diseases, and much more. Most of the arguments against, it, especially GMOs, are memes without any basis in scientific research.

Why isn't this looked upon more favorably and why are people scared of this? Should there be limits put in place? What are the legal ramifications of it? Why would it be wrong to genetically design, say, your children?

It should be allowed, but it should be also researched and regulated extensively to ensure we are not comprising nutritional value & their health benefits just for the sake of profit.

What exact type of regulation are you talking about or would you recommend?

It would be almost impossible to regulate until we understand it's impact.

Couldn't this be said about any technology or new industry?

I would be perfectly okay with living in a world populated by six and a half foot tall, physically fit, mentally adept, white, hairless, god-humans.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to talk about the specifics of regulation, but the end goal should be food that either retains or improves its nutritional value and does not introduce any additional risks to health and environment.

You don't see any problems with parents designing their children without conception to fit certain physical attributes, be beautiful, intelligent, etc.?

I personally don't, but for some reason I feel that most people do.

Clearly it could be used to further the well being of humanity at as a whole, but as much as it could help, I dont trust a scientist in a lab who is playing god.

Where do you think you would start though? Imposing restrictions simply to lab conditions maybe affecting one variable of food crops or the like?
Have you ever heard of Golden Rice, C4 Rice, or Genetically modified Super Cassava?

Bump

>yfw the chinese make 240 million 125 IQ sociopaths

Going by this argument wouldn't technological progress in general be seen as playing God? It seems very Luddite in nature, we could direct it and hopefully efficiently regulate to make sure nothing goes too horribly wrong, for all of the problems caused by many technologies in the past I'd say we're better off because of many of them.

Genetic engineering of babies should be mandated. It would solve all of our issues that come with a retarded population like we do now.

It should be mandatory. It will be like wading into cold water for the first time. The slower you go down into the water the more it will feel uncomfortable. If you just do a cannonball right into the water, the cold doesn't hit you as hard and you can enjoy your swim.

People will feel weird and want to reject it at first. But when the global population is ridden of any and all its shortcomings, and granted all its possibilities, the world will be a much better place for everyone.

I only regret that i was not born into such a world.

It'll take a few generations for full genetic engineering to be accepted. We have no choice. With nobody dying anymore, people with shitty mutations are breeding. Initially it'll be argued that we'll be able to prevent life-threatening disorders and minimise the chances of things like dementia.

Sooner or later people will want to raise their kids IQ to give them an edge in life. Once that happens everyone will start piling on and blacks in Africa will be given birth to blonde, blue eyed super women.

to ban it and force people to be born dysgenic and suffer is literally evil

the problem is in anticipating the side effects and potential problems

You will never ever create a perfect being, there will always be a ying and a yang.

The only thing that I can do the whole "99% of people are like this and 1% are like this" is telling you that 99% of people think that enforcing something will create perfection. You will never ever run away from the fact that black implies white and white implies black.

Like I said, I sadly don't have enough practical knowledge to suggest how this could be achieved, I can only share my beliefs of how things should ideally be.

Doesn't matter if it's 'allowed' or 'encouraged'. It's going to happen and the most egregious and impactful uses of it are not a question of 'if' but 'when'.

Why would you assume that most humans will be evolved?

Why not go full Brahmin and engineer nine ultra-docile, dullminded servitors for every enlightened super-intelligent ruler?

>Should Genetic Engineering be allowed or encouraged

It's already happening, user.

Should individual privately owned companies be given access to genetic material for their own uses?

For example, should Disney be given its own genetic laboratory with tons of proprietary genetic information to essentially create its own lab for future Disney stars? They could just create their own virtually perfect humans aesthetically, with the ability to sing, dance, etc. and then train them from a young age with the near certainty that it would financially be a net positive for them. This would entail less risk and probably cost less overall given how much they could make then traditional selection criteria.

robots

We talk about here all the time why cheap labor is going to become useless due to automation, why not just become purely Brahmin and have an ultra-robot slave caste while we expand our civilization?

Not really because new gadgets and phones don't escape captivity and breed

>It could literally solve the planet's food problems, drastically decrease fertilizer use, environmental harm, make our food healthier, produce glow-in-the-dark plants for low-energy lighting, virtually cure all genetic diseases, and much more
what do you mean could? nigga we've been doing most of these things for a while now

> implying this isn't already being done
> implying the US isn't doing this and not telling anyone

What everyone fails to understand is that when humans can be cultivated "free range" humans will become extinct

There will eventually be too few of them left, if they are allowed to breed at all

None of them have been fully implemented senpai, with the possibility of certain agricultural facets. Show me a country which has no people suffering from major genetic illnesses.

Are you implying humongous boobs look good?

> 1. Manufacture celebrity humans with specific new phenotype
> 2. Market that phenotype through all forms of media
> 3. Provide services to sell plastic surgery to existing humans, or gene therapy to expecting couples, which guarantees that phenotype for a premium
> 4. GoTo step 1

Yes, if they're shaped well and otherwise aesthetic

Genetically engineering humans is a no, that's not a human.

Food is okay though imo.

It's going to create a Gattaca situation for a couple of generations where all the untermensch are second class citizens, but once that's done, we're golden.

No.

> Genetically engineering humans is a no, that's not a human
Why?
> Food is okay though imo
Why the double standard?

Isn't this essentially what every major technological, industrial, or financial/economic change or revolution does though?

By all means YES.
Imagine a world where all criminals regardless of their previous sex are turned into brainwashed catgirl sex-slaves.
Or all niggers turned into whites.

not on that level. we're talking about a 50 year period where all non-engineereds are literally servant-tier with absolutely no chance of ascending.

Null possibility of social mobility. How can a normie compete against someone with the body of an olympian and an IQ of 400?

>How can a normie compete against someone with the body of an olympian and an IQ of 400?
He starts gommunism, tovarisch.

>Why?

I don't know it just doesn't feel right to me.

Would you consider a clone a human?

Yes

No, this photos is agood example of why GMO should be outlawed. It causes mutations like the hyperrmastia this woman in the pic is experiencing.

It started with additives fed to cows and vaccines, and it is ongoing with gmo potatoes, gmo wheat, and even gmo sesame seeds.

Genetic potential doesn't guarantee you'll reach those levels.

ambition

I know so many dedicated dumbasses who have outperformed very intelligent lazy people simply because they are so driven

yes, it has more rights than a zygote.

for example, the dumbasses who do not understand my humor.

a bunch of rich idiots are gonna give themselves prehensile dicks and wings and night vision and other cool shit only to find out fifteen generation later they are blood angels.

> No, this photos is agood example of why GMO should be outlawed. It causes mutations like the hyperrmastia this woman in the pic is experiencing
Do you know anything about GMOs?

in this context, a dumbass is someone with an IQ of 90-100 and very intelligent people have IQs in the 120-130 range. Sure, some statistical aberrations can occur with sufficient motivation.

Genetic engineering can possibly yield people with triple your IQ. No amount of motivation can make you better than someone who can instantly perform high-order calculus in their mind while taking a shit after climbing mount everest doing a one armed handstand

can the augenics asshat stop thinking that genrtic engineering can turn black into white.

that's not what genetic engineering can do safely.

i can guarantee a girl can grow bigger boobs if you take her to McDonald's rather than turning her into an orthorexic health nut (and the mental health ramifications of that).

In fact, i can guarantee that if you fed your girl children GMO protein and GMO cows milk, then she will look like the woman in the pic.

yes, but a dumbass terrorist can end the genius's life in less than 3 seconds.

>Implying the first generation of genetically engineered people won't immediately engineer a DNA plague to wipe out everyone with shitskin genes

i didn't read what you said but dam she has big its !!

You're talking out your ass, eating GMO food like what's available now won't do anything like what you're talking about.

the day this happens is the day we'll see 7ft tall busty futas with horsecocks flopping about in public.

and i'm just not ready for that.

WTF is a futa? Don't make me regret asking this

Its Chicks with dicks in Jap language

too bad you get bullshit firms that consolidate profits and power, leading them to not giving a single fuck about the problems they were going to solve

> stop thinking that genrtic engineering can turn black into white
Well it can't, but it could improve black people immeasurably and make them much better and easier to deal with as a society, it could essentially make other races near-perfect even with a rudimentary level of good understanding and engineering, no need for high-level complete mastery.

>Nice thicc body
>Ugly butterface

If it gives all women that...yes.

>every Jewish girl ever

Again, this could be said about literally every other business/company that ever developed a technology. Do you have any insight on how you would particularly stop this or mitigate it as compared to other previous cases of such abuse?

Food and illnesses?
Sure we can fix that without major ethical problems.

Designer babies?
Can't wait for it being mandatory to design your child to be black in the west, while people that can afford it in South America, Asia and the Middle east slowly becomes whiter.

I think her face is fine senpai.
She's not Jewish

> Can't wait for it being mandatory to design your child to be black in the west
top kek, Sweden would enact legislation for it as soon as the technology got there.

this opens the door for a dystopian future as much as it is likely to help people, just imagine the consequences of it not being widely available, it becomes like an extra booster only the rich can afford.

To add to that
>Intelligent niggers and arab designer babies
A weapon to surpass metal gear.

Can't make them too intelligent though, otherwise they might become redpilled.

The same thing is being said about automation, but we don't seem to eagerly be trying to do anything to stop it from advancing rapidly. Again, all technologies have potentially horrifying consequences, we get both clean nuclear energy and nuclear bombs, we don't just stop research entirely, we try to make it safe and direct it in a good path or direction for our civilization.

too many neets and virgins have their egos and self-worth dependent on being "white". If genetic engineering became a thing, than race would become meaningless, thus, being "white" wouldn't have any inherent value, and for alot of lonely, loser white guys, that's all they have in life.

I don't think that's true, if anything many people will have to realize that race is a real, biological thing, and outside of essentially genetically changing one's race there are a lot of things which you are limited by or can't do.

Without the bad you wouldn't be able to see what good is. I'd think we take more things for granted, and suddenly everyone is extremely vain because thats the only way to beat others in terms of looks. The world has been functioning the way it has for millions of years, not much need to fix anything that isn't broken while risking fucking up society

Fug man

>"Yes I'll have one million super-strong but completely obedient ultramarines"
Literally nothing that could go wrong.

Different tastes in women is a good thing. That means less competition.
I'm one of those who thinks that the most important feature in a woman is her face.

Fair enough, it would be great if we could get rid of women whose faces were seen as universally unattractive in favor of something like this.

this shit cant be controlled

Youre putting us all at risk

>we wuz atlants

Now that's a generally attractive face!

>too many neets and virgins have their egos and self-worth dependent on being "white"

>implying niggers arent similar in that regard
>ITS DUH SYSTEM'S FAULT I DROPPED OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL TO DEAL DRUGS MAN!
>ITS OPPRESSIVE AND RACIST I HAVE A BIG DICK N'ALL

>implying feminists arent just like that
>THE OPPRESSIVE CIS WHITE MALE ISNT GIVING ME FREE MONEY
>MY DEGREE IN LIBERAL ARTS MEANS IM IMPORTANT

I see where you're trying to get your point across, but if we began engineering genetically we'll eventually have to face the fact that race biology is a thing.
Unless we dont keep record on who's designed and who's not, otherwise we wont see the clear difference between designed blacks and natural blacks.
Besides, lots of other factors in the environment comes into play as the child grows up to either become successful or a failure.

Voe is a meme imo. Above average yet blown out of proportion due to thirdworlders edging their dick on her instagram.

Here, have a french qt!

>Muh graph
Those idiots arent aware about their level of igborance about biology

we grow big girls

Imagine her trying to suffocate you with her tits but she can't because she's a woman so you elbow her and she's down for a few seconds but tries again and this continues over several hours

wat

she doesnt look that tall desu

I find her extremely attractive but fair, different standards
Just go to the link at the bottom of the URL, tons of well-educated and intelligent people in the biological sciences contributed to the report.

If I may correct you;
>she's down for a few seconds but tries again and this continues over several minutes before she's soaking in sweat and hyperventilating on the floor due to extremely low stamina and bad diet.

She's not, she's like, 5'4 (163 cm)
Btw, if you don't find Voe super attractive what's your standard for Nordic feminine beauty?

She's above average sure, but there's tons of girls like her. I just dislike how she has become the standard image of scandinavian girls.
Never said she was unattractive.

She's actually not in bad shape, at least from what I can tell, with clothes off she isn't ripped or defined or anything, but she's not fat, all of her body fat just goes to her breasts and hips. Women can totally carry more fat than men and still do it healthily.

It's just banter mate.
Where did you even find this girl?

Tits W/ timestamp or GTFO

She's popped up in threads occasionally, her name is Emily Helen Barry.

of course it should be legal!

i want my spacemarines now!

she's a well-known realtor in NYC
instagram.com/emilyhelenbarry/

r.i.p your dick

You would be dead before your offspring even were progressed along enough to be space marines.

implying the fuckers won't backdoor it with some kind of sick shit.

better not open another pandora's box ffs I don't even trust them enough to fuck with the foods

What did this mean?

>this is not considered fat in the US