Why didn't you vote for him?

Explain yourselves, Sup Forums.

Trump
>Not at all a conservative
>Thinks protectionism actually works
>Thinks tariffs of widely used industrial resources won't make steel more expensive, passing on the burden to other primary manufacturers like car makers and the such like which is essentially an inefficient way to redistribute wealth to a few industries
>MUH WALL..
>Everyone fucking hates him now
>Won't actually audit the fed. Watch. He has Jews in his family now.
>Easy to misquote.
>Words everything badly.
>Ran with a really retarded "ban the Muslims" ticket which sent actual conservative constitutionalists up the fucking wall.
>Sponsored democrats.
>Thinks vaccines cause fucking autism.

Cruz
>Actually conservative.
>Believes in the free market.
>Won't use tariffs to redistribute wealth.
>He will instead, not redistribute wealth.
>Holds strong, but memetically mute boarder control policies that are harsher than Trump's, but don't come with a fucking slogan for drooling retards to repeat to themselves.
>He wouldn't have been nearly as divisive.
>Doesn't sound like a gibbering autist when he speaks most of the time.
>He wouldn't be as easy to misquote, because he wouldn't say dumb shit that can be turned into a sound bite.
>Doesn't want to have a "Muslim ban" because he understands the law.
>Would have been a more re-electable candidate with a higher approval rating.
>Would actually audit the fed.
>Lifetime republican.
>Probably isn't dumb enough to think vaccines cause autism.

Admit it was just memes and stop pretending to care.

On a side note, I have some interesting documentation about Trump's retardation.

He lied about actually banning Muslims.

whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/27/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

Even this is illegal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2016/01/14/ted-cruz-wants-to-audit-the-federal-reserve/
youtube.com/watch?v=EkCifM0kDd0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)
texasobserver.org/dominion-theology/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess this is a touchy subject. I should have complemented you all before dropping the Cruzpill.

Say it with me:

I'M TOO DUMB TO ELECT A PRINCIPLED CONSERVATIVE

Ted explaining his anti-fed credentials briefly, before reaffirming his stance.

>Do you feel in charge of our money?

fortune.com/2016/01/14/ted-cruz-wants-to-audit-the-federal-reserve/

Would have been annihilated by Hillary. Cruz is bending the knee now for this very reason- he understands that he can never win against the Dem corrupt machine. A snake like him would otherwise not capitulate

>Snake
Just a lie. He dindu nuffin.
youtube.com/watch?v=EkCifM0kDd0
He comes with facts an Drumpfkins piss themselves and start shitting everywhere.

>Would have been annihilated by Hillary.
You don't understand. The only reason Trump won is because Hillary is undetectable. Cruz would have won far more easily. In fact, during the primary, he polled far better than Trump against Hillary.

He was a better candidate in absolutely every way. This meme that Trump did well against Hillary is fiction. He blubbered during the debates, constantly speaking over her and spewing talking points. That was supposed to be his saving grace, but he sucked. He was disgraced. And he still one, because everyone knew Hillary was evil, thanks to wikileaks, not Trump.

Cruz is great on the issues, smart and a great debater but he will do and say anything to become president. He is completely owned by his donors.
He was average as a candidate in terms of campaigning because if he was great he would've beaten Trump in the primaries, even Kasich was beating Cruz in certain regions.
Trump is far from perfect but I know why voters went for him during the primaries.

I don't know what would've happened if Cruz were the GOP nominee but the leftist machine would've ripped apart many of the other candidates. Maybe they could've killed his campaign with his "NY values" remark.

Damn shame. Could have been a good thread if the Indian didn't have to go and find a loo before he could respond.

>he will do and say anything to become president
Except that's Trump to fucking tee. Just because he has donors doesn't mean he is owned either. You are making assumptions.

Trump is the one who said he would go after the families of terrorists to win over hooligans. Trump is the one who brought up the fucking wall meme which is a dumb plan to begin with. Trump is the one who wanted to make a "Muslim ban" when what he actually did was ban immigrants temporarily from a few Muslim nations that have never attacked the US.

He is a fucking liar. Whereas Cruz makes the odd mistake. Cruz has been consistent not just during the race, but during his whole political carrier, whereas Trump flipped on Guns, Abortion, and which fucking party he supported.

He didn't win because he didn't appeal to absolute idiots, and he didn't lie to the disenfranchised working class. He didn't support redistribution o wealth to them via tariffs, becasue he is a conservative.

>Maybe they could've killed his campaign with his "NY values" remark.
Not even Trump won New York. Try again.

Fuck Jew York.

Bump your own thread when nobody cares, again.

Nobody wants a "conservative" (no true scotsman) we want a nationalist who can reverse the demographic and cultural suicide of the United States. Fuck you if you're shilling, and fuck you if you're not. Sage

He also wouldn't have beaten Hillary, so your whole argument is irrelevant.

Forgive and forget, right Sup Forums?

>Trump is the one who said he would go after the families of terrorists to win over hooligans.
I agree that it is a dumb thing to say. Many people agree with such statements though since nobody cares about the family members of ISIS terrorists.
>Trump is the one who brought up the fucking wall meme which is a dumb plan to begin with.
The border needs to be secured. Cruz was also in favor of a wall during his campaign.
>Trump is the one who wanted to make a "Muslim ban" when what he actually did was ban immigrants temporarily from a few Muslim nations that have never attacked the US.
I agree that is in disagreement with the US constitution to ban religions. But I believe that Cruz had similar plan I read recently (can't find it right now). Nothing wrong with Trump's travel ban except for the execution of his plan which didn't went that well. These countries are sponsors of terrorism.

The left succeeded to turn Trump into some sort of evil dictator but it didn't help them to win the election. Imagine what they could do with somebody like Cruz.

>Nobody wants a "conservative"
People that like America the way it was in the glory days do. People who understand history do.

>we want a nationalist who can reverse the demographic and cultural suicide of the United States.
And that won't happen you complete mouth breather. Trump's immigration policy is LAXER than Cruz's. And his """""""Muslim ban""""""" was not only a ticket to win over retards like you, but also about a tenth of the truth. We have something so watered down now, and it's still not legal because Trump is retarded!

>Fuck you if you're shilling, and fuck you if you're not.
>Shilling
>A YEAR AFTER THE PRIMARY
No way are you this dumb.

>sage
Downboat my thread? Wouldn't want a decanting opinion. Fuck discussion amirite?

He polled higher against her during the primary, was less divisive, didn't make as many stupid statements, and was a canditate for people who had PRINCIPALS, not people who just wanted to win.

Are you the kind of little shit that lies about his foot stepping out of line in a backyard footy match, or are you the based boi who has a laugh, admits he fucked up, and keeps his integrity.

If you loose sight of what you are fighting for, your victory means nothing, because it will achieve nothing.

that's a lot of words for a nickel desu. i guess it helps that i just post what i think, and i don't get paid to sew dissent on a ukranian horse enthusiast board :^)

he is canadian

I don't care. I voted Trump to burn it all down.

fuck you, his Dad killed JFK and Cruz himself almost killed Reagan

>born in worst city in Canada
>is a fucking globalist
>a cuckservative not a nationalist

>I agree that it is a dumb thing to say.
Trump is a walking form of "a dumb thing to say".

>The border needs to be secured. Cruz was also in favor of a wall during his campaign.
Yes, but it's like a tenth of the battle. They don't climb the fucking fence most of the time, and they have tunnels. Block the tunnels, vet better, enact new migration policies, and if there is time, build a wall.

>But I believe that Cruz had similar plan I read recently (can't find it right now).

Certainly not a ban on Muslims.

>Nothing wrong with Trump's travel ban except for the execution of his plan which didn't went that well.

We'll see what the courts say. From what I've read, Trump might be in trouble. As for it's execution, yeah, it's awful.

>These countries are sponsors of terrorism.
Yeah, to an extent, but what about Saudi Arabia? Look, the policy isn't that bad, but it seems that it was a lot of hot air. I'm pretty sure this is similar to Cruz's plan you were talking about as well. Not sure either.

>Imagine what they could do with somebody like Cruz.
About half as much considering he is an old, soft spoken conservative without a myriad of stupid words and stupid actions making him a huge target.

I am now a #Cruzmissile.

>taking this long to realize that Sup Forums only ever cared about the memes

>voting conservative
>user,you'retheliberal.jpeg

Trump is here to change things for the better.

>Why didn't you vote for him?
I voted for him early in the primary.

Really disappointed how he handled things as Trump pulled ahead.

>Trump might be in trouble

fuck "what you've read" on reddit, dumbass.

>cuckservative

Good meme, faggot. His immigration policy was stronger than Trump's.

Trump isn't even a conservative.

And as for Ted being a globalist, I don't see it. America thrives because it kicks ass globally. It can't kick it's own ass. Protectionism is fucking stupid and will only weaken the nation. Your wealth is predicated on the success of the global market. Less market means less wealth for the great American industries to trade. This will adversely effect tax revenue and jobs.

Nice meme.

>Thinks protectionism actually works

It does. It built this country. We even have an official name for our version of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)

This is the economic system conservatives used to believe in before the movement was infiltrated by Jewish immigrants from Europe in the 20th century who got to work right away infesting the American right with globalist "free trade" horseshit.

Protectionism is as American as pumpkin pie.

How?

This was challenged by later legislation in 1956. The courts will decide the implications, but it's not as simple as you think it is. Discrimination based on nationality must be backed by congress based on what I can tell. And nation by nation immigration quotas are illegal due to the immigration and nationality act of 1965. "None" might count as a quota. The law is more autistic than you are, so lets just see.

We are under attack by the 'progressives' for political correctness. I've been in a coma for a month (just got out of it on the 22nd) and right before that I remember the nurse asking what gender I identified with. What the fuck. I live in a area with 5 major universities and to see the primary campus I teach class at go to shit, it's repulsive. People are afraid, expecially the professors and instructors. There was 1 group of kids that tried to get a conservative us government professor fired because they consider state right lecture hate speech. So, he is more liberal than I would like, but we need him from the SJW hordes.

>26 replies
>10 by OP

Youre trying to ahrd to create your Echo Chamber(tm) OP, sage

The tariffs of the American plan were on ALL imports. That way specific industries were not favored. Now, if you phase out Chinese steel, you force manufactures to use far more expensive American steel, which increases the cost of production, and passes the tariff onto the consumer. It is a redistribution of wealth from the consumer to the steel industry.

Also, these tariffs were at a time when America was a mainly manufacturing and agriculture economy, in which wages were low enough to produce everything in demand. America is now a service economy, and this would not work?

I self bumped about 2 times. Other than that I want to reply to everyone. I will eventually settle down. It isn't an echo chamber if it's me responding to people who disagree you dolt.

Truly, I empathize with that kind of awful experience. But are you implying Trump helps against SJWs? Because he doesn't. He just pisses them off. They aren't going anywhere. A man who demonstrates what a proud American conservative really looks like is what would shut them up.

whatcha doing ted? pic related

Because his religious views are batshit insane and would have brought the satanic panic into the 21st century.

That's why I voted trump. Trump may be a buffoon, but he isn't a religious nut. When he said Two Corinthians, I sighed with relief that he was an idiot when it came to religion.

Even Mike "Love the cock, prepare for a shock" Pence lately has softened some of his hardline religious stuff by becoming Mike "Had a wonderful eve with Adam and Steve" Pence when he tweeted about restaurants kicking fags out.

I am conservative, but keep your fundie bullshit beliefs out of government.

What exactly was so crazy about his religious views? A fear of god is what we need, not a slip into degeneracy, which Trump will not stop

Dominion Theology is what scared me away from Cruz. He hangs out with assholes like Beck and history revisionist David Barton.

His dad literally teaches the "seven mountains" where their are seven parts of government that need to be controlled by the church.

texasobserver.org/dominion-theology/

If you want to worship God, I don't care. That's your right. Go do it in a church or your house. But don't force the rest of us who aren't religious to do the same.

He ran on a constitutional ticket. He wasn't merging church and state, mate. This seems like a rather small thing to run away from a candidate over when he gets everything else right, whereas Trump fucks everything up.

Digits confirm. Cruz is perfect and Trump is shit.

Trumpkeks BTFO eternally.

Then I'm assuming you weren't raised in a fundamentalist home and didn't have to deal with the satanic panic. I was home schooled most of my elementary years and didn't attend public school until my grandparents stepped in and told my parents to knock off the religious shit.

Have you ever gone to church in a school or a gas station? Just because your mom didn't like regular church doctrine? Did you know what demons and their names were by age 5-6 and were told they were real and in your toys?

Go look up turmoil in the toybox, satanic panic, or bill schneobolen on YouTube.

Cruz may or may not have been a demagogue. But because I went through so much hell growing up in the name of God, any wiff of fundamentalist evangelicalism will scare me off from voting for that person.

If Cruz was the nominee, I would have voted Clinton so fast it would make your head spin.

Saad story, but not much more than that.

>not on your containment board
Pic very much related. It's for you. You're """"""""""""""""""""""""""""friends"""""""""""""""""""""""""" are there to.

America would be better off on #CruzControl than under the racist fat orange dictator in office right now.

Just explaining my reason behind my vote for trump.

Unlike the special snowflakes who get triggered over everything, I've actually experienced real trauma and am still in therapy for it to this day. They would kill themselves if they went through what I did.

But I am conservative in many of my views. I just wanted someone on the republican ticket who wasn't a religious wacko. Trump was my guy and I couldn't ask for a better president.

He's keeping the fundie muslim goat fuckers out and giving me months of entertaining protests and no theocratic ambitions. Couldn't ask for more from a republican.

>People that lime America the way it was in the glory days do. People who understand history do.

There's no way America will be like it was in the glory days with unchecked immigration from the third world, especially Muslim immigration. Their religion is the antithesis of the American idea.

There was a time for Cruz. That time has passed. He doesn't have the balls to say what needs to be said.

I probably should have been clearer. I don't disagree with your decision. If I went though what you went through I wouldn't have voted for Cruz, that's for sure. I don't think anything you've said is reprehensible.

>He's keeping the fundie muslim goat fuckers out
For 90 days IF bull passes.

You've been conned. Unless your just in it for the chaos (which is why I voted for him in the general), then you've made a mistake.

>There's no way America will be like it was in the glory days with unchecked immigration from the third world, especially Muslim immigration

Who said anything about unchecked? Just fucking vet them.

>He doesn't have the balls to say what needs to be said.
He isn't a moron.

He said all that needs to be said, no more and no less. Trump never really hit the nail on the head. He never called out the religion of Islam for example.

Look, he had all of the right policies. You're digging for nonsense reasons just like the wave of newfags did in the primaries.

LYING TED

I prefer Cruz but I think Trump is better suited to handle the media onslaught. Leftists and media operate on rhetoric and guys like Cruz operate almost purely on dialectic. You can't beat rhetoric with dialectic when it comes to convincing the majority of voters to support you. Republicans have trying to do it and failing spectacularly for the past decade or so. Republicans would say that Obama is a nice guy but his policies are misguided while the Democrats would respond by saying that "the Republicans are going to pull ya'll back in chains."

Trump completely changed the game. He's a Republican that's willing to utilize the rhetoric and that's why he won, and it's why Cruz would have lost the election.

Because I'm not a Canadian.

He's welcome to sit in congress and shill for our rights though.

>trump is bad at speaking and people dont like him now

Trump spoke simply and in a repetitive manner on purpose to rally support from average Americans, we understand that and dont care about the strategy he used to get the policies in action. He says crazy shit like anti-vax on purpose to get publicity, he lays it out in the Art of the Deal.

The fact that you said you want Cruz to prevent the fed from being audited makes me feel retarded for even responding

It's too bad cruz was a flaming faggot without a spine during the primaries

>Believing a service economy is a fucking thing.
>Get a load of this goy.

A tarrif on steel is a redistribution of wealth from China to the US steelworker. Willing to make that deal, since we were going to pay for them to sit on their ass with welfare anyway.

yeah, like how Mitt Romney completely slaughtered Obama in 2008 because he simply "said what needs to be said, nothing more or less". Or, maybe not. Mitt Romney was also right on the money with every policy. He lost because he couldn't play the identity politics game. Obama's campaign made Mitt Romney look like a wife beater. Mitt Romney just said, "Obama's a pretty nice guy, but a bad politician!" It's obvious who'll win.

So, the conclusion: voting for Ted means you cared about principle, voting for Trump means you cared about the victory.

Cruz is a neoliberal and a globalist

He would have done nothing to fix the country

>Romney
>Right about anything ever

Lol no

If you don't dribble about nonsense, the media has less to attack you about.

I agree with you on a lot of what you said, but I have one question for you.

Is winning one election worth selling your credibility and principals?

As for the majority supporting him, he would have gotten more votes easily. The republican base would be 00% with him, and the people who hate Hillary would be less reluctant to join him. However, Trump lying to the people, telling them that protectionism will bring back their jobs and giving them false hope might well have lost Cruz the election now that I think about it.

And he still won, keeps winning.

No, Cruz would audit the fed. Trump probably won't.

As for him playing 4d super chess, he isn't, He says plainly dumb shit and blubbers and gibbers a lot. He can't speak very well.

>A tarrif on steel is a redistribution of wealth from China to the US steelworker.

You fucking idiot, read what I am saying. The steel cost more, so people buy steel from America for a higher cost. Then people buying American products made from steel pay more. So the steel company exists, car companies make the same, the consumer pays more, the economy isn't any better off, and China is a little worse off because other countries still buy their steel.

You're an idiot.

And the service economy is real. You've probably got some superficial meme reason not rooted in economics why it's not, but it is. It ties in with the growing tech economy that will soon develop.

Was this the first election you followed, kiddo? Insulting everyone doesn't mean you have balls. It means you're a cunt.

If you sell out your principals, than the victory doesn't mean anything. If you are in it for principal, than victory and principal must both exist.

And Romney was a fucking moron. No evangelical or other denomination of faithful Christians voting for him.

This.

Cruz would probably have made a good statesman President, but would still have been as unlikable publicly. And his administration would have been the same gears in different spots of the GOP machinery. ALSO! If Cruz were the nominee I doubt as many Republicans would have won local seats across the entire country.

Trump did the unthinkable. He defied the media shaming him, he defied his own party before and after the nomination, and he destroyed an effective trilateral effort between CNN, the DNC, and a Hungarian billionaire terrorist to bring him down.

The man's a fucking superhero! He's Batman! He's Lex Luthor with suave ass helmet hair! That's what half the country voted for him.

>Keeps winning
>Lies about banning Muslims
>Instead imposes nation based ban
>Still can't get it passed

I'm yet to see him win since the election.

>You're an idiot.
Hmm...

>The phonecall that saved Dahnald's campaign

I never saw this election as sacrificing credibility or principles even though i don't agree with Trump on everything. I probably don't even agree with Cruz on everything. I have more of a Rush Limbaugh philosophy where my main goal is to see the Democrats lose, and then take it from there. Fortunately Trump has surprised me quite a bit and I'm very happy with his appointments and policies, he has ended up being much more conservative than I thought, so far he's been what I thought Cruz would have been if he were to have won, at least policy wise. That'll probably change when more time passes and I see what he does as far as economics go but we'll see.

I think some form of protectionism can be warranted in cases where countries put tariffs on our goods while we let them dump goods into our market for nothing. It shouldn't make economic sense for American companies to ship raw material halfway across the world to China in order to be assembled into products which get shipped right back to the US in order to be sold. There's something funky going on and I would like to even the playing field.

I didn't vote in the primary.

I would have voted for any republican candidate over Hillary and Bernie

Nonsense. Not in this context. In the old days in which all products were tariffed, this is fine, however it does require a net decrease in demand overall. If the demand for steel products remains the same despite of price, which it will, there will be no positive effect. It would require the price rise to reduce demand. And even if this did happen, it would eat into the current profits of the producers using steel. And if this wasn't allowed to happen, which it might well not be, the steel company will need to charge less for the steel, and pay the workers less.

There is no free money here. There is no good that can come from this. It is a simple instance of wealth redistribution from the consumer to the steel industry, the producers that use steel to the steel industry, or the workers of the steel industry to the steel industry.

Fuck the steel industry. As opposed to this pseudo-economic nonsense drilling America's economy, steel workers should find new fucking jobs. Do you want a fucking gibs society, you neo-liberal? It's their responsibility.

Ask any fucking economist, ANY ECONOMIST, about Trump's plans and just fucking listen to how they very easily and with second year econ complexity tear it apart.

>He thinks that Sup Forums is a conservative or even republican board

>Fuck the steel industry let's outsource all our production to China
>Just accept lower wages and living standards because I demand it

This is why everyone hates you

Sure, he has impressed me with his supreme court appointment, and the fact that his "Muslim ban" lie turned out to be a slightly okay piece of policy.

But on economy, I stop being impressed.

>I think some form of protectionism can be warranted in cases where countries put tariffs on our goods while we let them dump goods into our market for nothing.

We win that way. Our producers and consumers get cheaper good, more purchasing occurs, consumers can afford more goods, small business grows, large business grows. The cheaper we get them in, the better. If they want to make America's products more expensive, worst case scenario is that they produce the product themselves. Countries that tariff you're products will ALWAYS be palying catch up, like China. Americans were transitioning into services, and China picked up manufacturing. As America transitions into technology even more, China might just pick up services. They will always be your bitch.

DAHNLAND
THE DELEGHATES

Dahnald, take the delegates

What purpose would auditing the Fed serve anyway? Almost all Economists would agree that discretionary government operation of monetary policy is a bad idea.

>Trump
Human

>Cruz
Lucifer in the flesh

>>Just accept lower wages and living standards because I demand it

On of the possible downsides if reinforcing steel here when it can be done overseas cheaper is the lowering of wages here.

Wages here aren't lowering with the death of steel. The problem is people who aren't skilled in the new economy not finding jobs. The American economy shifted too fast. They can choose to adapt, or they can die and let their kids adapt. America is not a gibs state. Elect Bernie next time faggot.

I'm not sure that's true. I'd like some citation, although tomorrow I intend to look more into it.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with states controlling their own money. They might use it wrongly, but at least you can elect people to control your money. The Fed is unrepresentative, and during the financial crisis proved ineffective.

People deserve to choose who runs their country. And that includes it's money. Either make the fed a body that is democratically composed, or remove it.

The problem is that they can then manipulate money supply for misguided attempts at political gain. Want to look good before an election, pump some money into the economy. Whoops! You just caused massive inflation and now everybody is paying $10 for a loaf of bread and so on.

Monetary policy should not be used for anything other than maintaining price stability ideally in order to support real long term growth.

The government would have to be able to credibly set rules about what they could and couldn't do in order to make money part of their remit rather than being independently run.

>Want to look good before an election, pump some money into the economy. Whoops! You just caused massive inflation and now everybody is paying $10 for a loaf of bread and so on.
I guess this debate turns in to a political philosophy debate. How much power belongs in the hands of the people? How dumb is the electorate, and, ethically speaking, does that matter?

You are right about the purpose, but I've read over the years on and off of Sup Forums of instances of corruption in the fed.

There all sorts of wrongs attributed to the fed, many of them being political philosophy concerns.

I'd love to discuss this, but I am very tired, and should let this thread die.

Ultimately, I don't think this is the most important issue of our time, to say the least.

I'll read you response, should you choose to post one, when I wake up.

Toodles.

Not saying there is nothing wrong with central banks just that politicians almost certainly will not do a better job of it.

There is a lot of misinformation about central banks anyway. You will see stories that the GAO audited the Fed and found that "$16 Trillion" was given away to prop up foreign banks/ economies during the financial crisis or whatever by the Fed without any government supervision. The fact of the matter is those were loans made between one bank and another which the Fed made money on and have all been repaid. The money the Fed makes goes almost entirely to the US Treasury. The Fed makes the tax payer money in lots of cases.

the wall is nuclear bomb for the drug cartels, it won't keep out illegals but it's going to keep out a hell of a lot of crime