Why are liberals obsessed with the Statue of Liberty suddenly?

Whats the deal with all these comics like pic related? Why is there now such a big use of the SoL to reinforce liberals anti Trump feelings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seOsuJw3ucw
howtallisthestatueofliberty.org/what-is-the-quote-on-the-statue-of-liberty/
jta.org/2017/01/18/news-opinion/politics/1500-rabbis-sign-letter-calling-on-trump-administration-to-support-refugees
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
youtube.com/watch?v=8I_u5fvB15Q
fas.org/irp/eprint/iraqi/wahhabi.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's time to give Israel the Statue of Liberty. Anything else would be anti-Semitic.

It's anti Semitic that America is only giving Israel defense aid. They need monouments too and last time I checked we have a lot to give

This

Symbolism I guess. Something stupid like Trump being the tyrant against freedom.

Do they understand that when it was built it was basically illegal for people from the middle East and Asia and Eastern Europe to come here?

some jew stuck a poem on the base about accepting poor, useless, people and liberals think it's the constitution or something.

We are a rich nation. It really is the right thing to do at this point. Also, Israel is a beacon of hope to the poor huddled masses. It's only fair that they have a guiding light, or torch if you will, to find their way to the land of salvation. Diversity will be Israel's greatest strength.

It's simultaneously a symbol of liberty and immigration. Seems obvious enough to me OP. Learn to interpret art.

>Do they understand
you expect too much of them user

How are they going to react when the courts say the ban is perfectly legal?

Alternative facts?

>(((art)))

Found the kike.

Of course that's the intended interpretation, im not a leaf so I have two brain cells at least to rub together.

Meant for

>How are they going to react
>implying it's not riots every time

I'm eagerly waiting for Trump to start calling in the National Guard on these assholes, but we haven't had a really good riot yet so I suppose he's biding his time.

Images mean things.The poem, the woman holding the torch, the immigrants coming in, melting together into the American Dream, it means something deep.

>Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
>With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
>Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
>A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
>Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
>MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
>Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
>The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

>"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
>With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
>Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
>The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
>Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
>I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

This message spoke to people and was accepted into the nation's ethos. It symbolizes welcome, opportunity, open arms and succor. 'We shall welcome the pathetic, and we shall all be enriched by them!'

The alt-right, Donald Trump, the WNs, these stand in opposition to the meaning and feelings symbolized in the Statue of Liberty. 'Fuck off, we're full.'

While history and reality might not be as kind as our good lady, her ideals are still accepted and welcomed among Americans.

At least two courts have already declared it illegal m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=seOsuJw3ucw

its because a majority of hardcore liberals dont have real jobs, like making comics such as in OP. the reason you dont get a billion art pieces whenever liberals fuck up is because everyone who disagrees with them is too busy doing real work.

No, not really. Belief, faith, meaning, they don't actually require real facts to back them up.

Maybe people seeing the Statue of Liberty being used as pro-immigrant propaganda might educate Sup Forums as to the importance of Art ya know.

Some kike writes a poem and its still hurting the right today.

Its a part of the media movement of character assassinating Trump. Here they put him as the antagonist against two of the most prominent symbols of our country's national pride to make him look anti-american

Well, you know what time it is.

Kek, justice and liberty threeway memes.

They wanted a meme war. They'll get one.

It's seen as a symbol of America's immigrant history. Apparently the left has interpreted it to mean that everybody has a constitutional right to come to America and wage jihad.

/r/ing rule 34 on lady justice

>this post

what a retarded jew. are you even 18?

((((They)))) want to obfuscate the issues at hand. ((((They)))) need you to feel like its your fault and you are racist, islamaphobic, and to have everyone around you virtue signalling in agreement to make you feel even worse.

>Apparently the left has interpreted it to mean that everybody has a constitutional right to come to America
It's not really up to interpretation, seeing that it literally has
inscribed on her.

Put like that, it's kind of amazing. However, you're discounting the fact that art requires hooks in the person to tug on their emotions. The poem would have done nothing if people didn't want to be the savior of the downtrodden. It was already there, the poem brought it out.

Wasn't when Obama did it, won't be when Trump does it.

We don't amend the Constitution via statue inscriptions.

None of their other ploys have worked or are working, so they're literally going down the list. They've reached "patriotic symbols" now.

They don't get that America was an anti-monarchy safe space for white people to escape from tyrants. It had nothing to do with letting a bunch of fucking dindus and shitskins escape from the fact that their societies are fundamentally broken.

>Jew
>Preaching for open borders but won't open his own

Silly Rabbi

They actually didn't. There's no Emma Lazarus poem on the base of the Statue of Liberty. Shows how much liberals know.

wow, since when does israel jew "The Jew"
in all honesty, you're doing the Emporers work. Keep on keepin' on.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

>Unless they're from Syria and the 8 other Egypts
>In fact, if you are a legal resident who originated from those places, you have to go back

For people who are so concerned about white culture, the white nation and all the mother Europa shit that such a sentiment encompasses, you sure have little need to consider the culture and symbols that America has kept since it's most infant days.

howtallisthestatueofliberty.org/what-is-the-quote-on-the-statue-of-liberty/

Why goyim are so stupid?

Wow it's a fucking statue, not a constitution

Poems by kike anarchists are not binding for the American government.

>Send these, the homeless

Until everyone is homeless

Also, kike.

>1,500 rabbis sign letter calling on Trump administration to support refugees
jta.org/2017/01/18/news-opinion/politics/1500-rabbis-sign-letter-calling-on-trump-administration-to-support-refugees

Nah. I understand it, and I'm explaining it to the people who don't. Doesn't mean I'm preaching it.

I have no fucking idea

(Pic unrelated)

Wait until a Muslim blows it up

Wow again it's just a fucking statue that means nothing.

>((({{{[[[]]]}}})))))

This is why I like Sup Forums. Thank you, China.

That quote was written by a Jew and it's disgusting how the sentiment has spread to becoming unquestionable.

they use everthing against republicans, even things they hate
a good example is antifa calling for the police if anyone attacks them

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

1182(f)
"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

LEFTIES BTFO

Try reading law before you claim to know a thing about it.

>Wasn't when Obama did it
You do know, that this ban is not the exact same thing as Obamas measures right?

There is literally no right in the Constitution that says people have a right to come here -- aside from actual citizens returning from abroad.

Just because it's on a plaque of a statue doesn't mean it's in the Constitution.

>The Statue of Liberty commemorates immigra-

It's Sup Forums. On the whole, we're iconoclastic, crashing the art market with shitty memes.

Seriously, I'd like to say that it's because we're anonymous and can try to be logical assholes, but I can't say that with a straight face.

Generally, Sup Forums is an emotional release where you can say whatever the fuck you want, facts or hurt feelings be damned.

You're right, it wasn't only The Jews. But I don't doubt it was immigrants making the most noise about it. You don't have to dig deep to find the native population not liking the immigrants, even the white ones. It was more like, "America - what a country! Bring in our relatives!"

I'm only posting this because it seems fitting to the thread.

Thank whatever drawfag made this, because it's awesome.

The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of Immigration to America. Libshits are trying to say that she was supposed to be a Muslim woman or some shit so they can baww harder about Trump banning people from Iran, Syria, etc.

To be fair if Trump's EO didn't screw over people who already had green cards or visas then there might have been less uproar in the news. Granted Trump could've given the same EO that Obama gave with the ban on refugees and people still would've pissed a fit because a republican is doing it.

It's not on a plaque on the statue. The New Colossus plaque is located inside the Statue of Liberty Museum.

>Belief, faith, meaning, they don't actually require real facts

but pol is literally always right

This. It doesn't matter that it's just a statue, it doesn't matter who wrote the poem. Like it or not, they touched something in the American soul and they are never letting go. IT'S WRITTEN IN THE MOTHERFUCKING ETHOS OF AMERICA.

I assure you goy, it's mere coincidence.

Don't forget the Chinese Exclusion Act.

>The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of Immigration to America.
It's a symbol of the eternal friendship between the United States and France. And freemasonry.

Here's another statement on the statue of liberty by a Jew - Jerry Seinfeld:

youtube.com/watch?v=8I_u5fvB15Q

>Why are liberals obsessed with the Statue of Liberty suddenly?

Because MSM told them to be.

id fap to her

>justice
Hillary was a corrupt crook, Justice did not do it's job. She should be in jail.

>statue of liberty

It's a statue we gave as a gift to the US for some reason. Turns out it was a worthwhile investment.

>illegal for Eastern Europeans to come to the US

That's 100% not true

But Russia is the boogeyman!
Slavs are the devil!
Only Arabs and Muslims are the good guys.

A (((German))) second generation immigrant wrote a poem about how wonderful the goy are for letting in cheap Irish labor which means we need to accept the muzziepocalipse or we're unamerican septuple Nazis

The left can't read.

>kike erects a monument
>kike writes a poem
>ITS YOUR ETHOS NOW GOY!

they want to pretend they are patriots now.

Because if they twist American iconography to their narrative it creates an American vs. Nazis narrative. Symbolism is important, and the left is doing a far better job at organizing and taking advantage of it than the right is.

It was literally just a gift from France for our long lasting friendship. The immigrant stuff came later.

Already law.
Mcarron - Walter act passed in 1952.
So it's a legal action.

>SoL to reinforce liberals

Expect that's not what the Statue of Liberty ever stood for. It was a symbol against the tyranny of monarchy and a gift from France to commomerate our friendship

Do you deny that Americans see the SoL as synonymous with America? It's as American as you can get. Imagine the response if it was blown up.

It fits the American philosophy, narrative, weighted history. It's what Americans like to see in themselves. You can say that I'm wrong, but I'm right and you know it. And you hate it.

You do know it's not a permanent ban right? You're just another lefty faggot that cares more about emotions than logic

Yes. In the beginning, I agree. That's definitely not what it stands for now, what meaning it has to Randy Citizen if you asked them.

'What does the Statue of Liberty stand for?'

But Alex Jones said that the Arabs own Hollywood...

>An Iraqi Mukhabarat (General Military Intelligence Directorate) Top Secret report, “The Emergence of Wahhabism and its Historical Roots,” dated September 2002 and released on March 13, 2008, by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency in translated English form, points to the Dönmeh roots of the founder of the Saudi Wahhabi sect of Islam, Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab. Much of the information is gleaned from the memoirs of a “Mr. Humfer,” (as spelled in the DIA report, “Mr. Hempher” as spelled the historical record) a British spy who used the name “Mohammad,” claimed to be an Azeri who spoke Turkish, Persian, and Arabic and who made contact with Wahhab in the mid-18th century with a view of creating a sect of Islam that would eventually bring about an Arab revolt against the Ottomans and pave the way for the introduction of a Jewish state in Palestine. Humfer’s memoirs are recounted by the Ottoman writer and admiral Ayyub Sabri Pasha in his 1888 work, “The Beginning and Spreading of Wahhabism.”

>In his book, The Dönmeh Jews, D. Mustafa Turan writes that Wahhab’s grandfather, Tjen Sulayman, was actually Tjen Shulman, a member of the Jewish community of Basra, Iraq. The Iraqi intelligence report also states that in his book, The Dönmeh Jews and the Origin of the Saudi Wahhabis, Rifat Salim Kabar reveals that Shulman eventually settled in the Hejaz, in the village of al-Ayniyah what is now Saudi Arabia, where his grandson founded the Wahhabi sect of Islam. The Iraqi intelligence report states that Shulman had been banished from Damascus, Cairo, and Mecca for his “quackery.” In the village, Shulman sired Abdul Wahhab. Abdel Wahhab’s son, Muhammad, founded modern Wahhabism.

>The Emergence of Wahhabism and its Historical Roots
fas.org/irp/eprint/iraqi/wahhabi.pdf

This poem says everything about allowing people onto a shoreline and giving forth hospitality from a bygone era's dream.

It says nothing of how a people may need to accept them, and nothing of how to treat them after their arrival that is constructively effective.
Charity comes to shores, but citizens make the shoreline and beyond.

And this is not argument to NOT kick them out after they arrive; they can enter the "golden door", doesn't mean you can't throw them on the flat of their ass back through it.

holy shit next they will say "the statue of liberty was originally meant to be a trans gay mexican immigrant" holy fuck

libweenies literally grasping at straws because they don't have a real argument

It literally doesn't matter since the statue isn't the constitution.

It's not an argument at all, it's an emotional appeal. It's thanks.

They can't even get the narrative straight!
>So much cognitive dissonance.

>You can say that I'm wrong, but I'm right and you know it.

Of course, you are. You always are. That's why there's no point in debating you.

The fact still remains that the SoL doesn't mean to Americans what you think it means. More people attach the symbolism of the SoL to 1776 then they do immigration.

>pic related
Why won't you help them?

It really seems like America is wagchef by the citizens much closer under reply Luca said then under democrats. Obama put in so much tobspt and erode your rights but no one said anything. Trump temporary stops travel from unsafe nations and everyone freaks out. Where was this outrage during the signing of the ndaa or the snider situation or the manning one?

i love these libtard fantasy cartoons. shows just how uch they have lost. suck on my Trumpian cock. Suck it deep or you get slapped again. And no, posting bait on Sup Forums is not a response. Now SUCK.

nice quads. are you drunk?

On m Phone. Fuck. Basically I think that democrats can get away with much more than republicans which makes them so much more dangerous. The things Obama was able to sign into law or EO would never ever fly with a republican in power

because they have baggets in their ears.

>Bagget