Was napoleon being a manlet a anglo lie?

Was napoleon being a manlet a anglo lie?

i find it very odd that people try to mock one of the most defining people in history

Other urls found in this thread:

history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/napoleon-short.htm
napoleon-series.org/research/napoleon/c_description.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Same reason there are no movies or tv series about Napoleon.

He "little" because he was relatively very young, not short.

he was a manlet but it was seen as being a positive thing; look napoleon did all of this AND he's SHORT WOAH

like there's his portrayal in sherlock holmes which was mostly positive; no "overcompensation" here

there are more tall people now so fewer people are going to hear short guy and thing WOW, there just isn't an audience for it
he WAS short

the average man was short and all his peers were tall

When will they learn?

It had to do with British and French feet (units of measurement). They were different, with the French unit being larger.
Napoleon was more or less 170cm (5'7"), so slightly tall for his age. He also had the habit of using gigantic (for the time) bodyguards (190cm+) which made him look shorter in comparison.

The rest is Albion being burthurt about the man and shitposting.

So why is Napoleon vilified? Did he oppose the Jews?

He was 168cm tall

If you think him being called short is criticism you're probably an insecure manlet.

t. secure manlet

God I love Napoleon. Much like Hitler, his actions directly opposed (((them))).

His rise to power basically ended Europe's participation in global trade for a extended period.

Viva la Emperor

Lmao shut the fuck up

im 5"10 but /fit/ made me self conscious about how short i am

every time i walk by someone taller then me 1 in like 20 people i keep repeating in my head "manlets when will they learn"

That's the point about us manlets.

We've gotta be tough enough where they won't say anything to us about it anyway unless it's friends for banter. Just accept it's not attractive as being tall and that's all there is to it. You can still be attractive, though.

If you're still not ugly and are strong then who gives a fuck basically.

He was average height for the time but was small for a leader. He was also small next to his soldiers. In the napoleonic era bigger was better.

Napoleon wasn't a manlet if you take average heights for the time into account, but he was technically a manlet for his social class. People were shorter back then because they weren't well fed. Napoleon was of noble origin, so he should've been significantly taller than the average.

Napoleon gave lots of rights to (((them))) He made (((them))) citizens. He was badass tough.

Pretty sure 5'7" was around average for the time.

>so slightly tall for his age
yeah but most people in his age were short
average height was short

>average height was short

Again, because the poor peasant fuckers weren't eating well. Napoleon certainly had enough nutrition during his early ages considering his background.

not that short for his time
It's mosly anglo propaganda and the fact his personal guard was only 6'2+ tall men which made him look small in comparison

He opposed the Hapsbergs who were the Eurocentrists of the time. The didn't like that their monopoly was halved so they allied with the English to eliminate the best thing to happen to Europe since Charles The Hammer. England didn't want their already dying empire to shrivel even more either. Napoleon winning would have advanced the world a century earlier.

Yes.

Pic related, note how a fucking chair just over half is height

He was pretty short but he wasn't like, a midget

it could just be a big chair

If he was a manlet it just makes him more impressive. A short dwarf was able to inspire his people and become the greatest general in history.

for you

It's a confirmed myth. Guy was pretty normal height but political enemies wanted to undermine him.

>he WAS short
Idiot. He was taller than the average at the time. The confusion is partly because of purposeful propaganda, partly because his height was listed in French inches and partly because he purposefully gathered even taller people in his personal guard, which gave the impression that he was short.

he would be a manlet by today's standards, however he was average for the time.

Yep. He was taller than average for his day.

>He was taller than the average at the time.
the average man was short
>The confusion is partly because of purposeful propaganda, partly because his height was listed in French inches and partly because he purposefully gathered even taller people in his personal guard, which gave the impression that he was short.
do you get all your information off the internet? read primary sources, they'll tell you he was short
neck yourself reddit

holy shit how many of you people are there

educate yourselves

No he wasn't, french feet and inches were taller than brittish ones, thus he seemed shorter on paper.

>the average man was short
By our standards you fucking idiot. If the average man was short then they weren't short, they were of average height. Therefore, Napoleon was of average height.

No one has ever called the duke of welly a short arse.

Napoleon wasn't short, he was slightly above average. The thing was that he always had the biggest dudes set-up next to him, like his secret service.

The whole napoleon was short thing is a complete myth.

>If the average man was short then they weren't short, they were of average height.
everyone else disagreed you fucking idiot

read primary sources
shut up stop peddling this shit

He was average height back then.

"little" was a term of endearment.

Not hard.

>read primary sources
ok cite some pls

Many historian's suggest that he was around 1.68 metres. If you have alternative sources cite them, rather than saying 'hurr durr read some sources'.
Fuck odd Wellington, no one believes you.

stael
barras
betsy balcombe
i'm not disputing that he was average height, i'm pointing out that he was short for a man of his class

>everyone else disagreed you fucking idiot

except for the fact that everyone else in this thread thinks you're a fucking idiot and disagrees with you

Napoleon is short by modern standards

But he wasn't short by his days standards, he was average

Ergo Napoleon was average height

/Thread

>But he wasn't short by his days standards, he was average
he was short for his days standards, hence why people called him short

it is literally on record that people thought he was short, why are you disputing this
why are we debating if napoleon was short or not when people who met him called him short

jfc

>he was short for his days standards, hence why people called him short

Except he wasn't, his reputation for being short was a British lie

>I'm not disputing that he was average height
>he was short for his days standards
The absolute state of your posts

Average height for a Frenchman of the time.

>signed t.wellington

Anglo propaganda,he was of average height for its time

Why is the only person in this thread still propagating the short Napoleon lie a fucking Anglo?

t. Arthur Wellesley

Yes.

Yeah, I'm sure every single one f Napoleon's decisions was influenced by his height.

IT WAS NOT A FUCKING LIE READ WHAT I POSTED IN THE IMAGE

germaine de stael
>As his stature is short, and his waist very long, he appeared to much more advantage
on horseback than on foot.
barras
>It was not merely the merit of courageous activity—that perpetual motion and physical agitation which, replete with energy, began with the head never to end even at the last extremities, in that little man of low stature!
being average does not mean you are up to standard

the average person is not up to standard to enter a russell group university
and still fucking short
it is not a lie you dick

Even as a brit I think Napoleon was pretty based.
Still got rekt tho, but still based.

The whole thing about short napoleon was a meme, IE a tiny french nation taking on the big british superpower. It just got taken seriously as time went on.

YOU CAN'T BE OF AVERAGE HEIGHT AND STILL SHORT YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
HE WAS A V E R A G E
NOT TALL /=/ SHORT

in this thread no one has read War and Peace; yes, he was short

>Was napoleon being a manlet a anglo lie?

Yes

Also, fpbp.

this is the true revenge of the eternal anglo

the one short guy who managed to change the world is now being called not short
PEOPLE CALLED HIM SHORT

HE WAS SHORT
i've read war and peace but the fact that people are disputing primary sources is insane

>tfw 5'7
I wish I could go back in time

The eternal butthurt anglo

Why are you so traumatized by Napoleon ? It's like if we were still mad about the hundred years war

yes but him being a cuck wasn't

Jesus, calm down. Everyone has refuted your bullshit already. You just look retarded.

brits are still butthurt about Napo's height
incredible

>tfw an irrelevant Corsican became emperor of France, reformed the entire government and infrastructure, and conquered almost all of Europe

i am the only one who has posted sources/ knows what he's talking about

i will not let you take away one of my role models you filthy lanklet scum

He was a bad motherfucker. Look at Battle of Arcole.

Napoleon was actually very tall for his era. Poor conversion of units by Anglos caused the misconception that he was short.

>sources

The only thing it says is that he was scrawny. It says nothing about his height. Everything he says can be easily interpreted to be talking about his frail frame.

>nobody else is posting sources

Because the evidence is easily found online.

history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/napoleon-short.htm

He was 5'6.5 in English inches, which was average for the time.

France is still but hurt about
>The Angevin Empire
>Agincourt
>Crecy
>Poiters
>Battle of the Stirrups
>Battle of the Boine
>Seven Years Wars
>Battle of the Nile
>Battle of Trafalgar
>Peninsula Wars
>Waterloo
>WW2

Incredible!

>here is how he seemed to me then: small
>little bugger
also kleber called him a runt and you have my quotes from barras and stael
>history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/napoleon-short.htm
not a primary source you idiot
>the evidence is easily found online.
this is the power of Sup Forums

>global trade is bad
>implying that global trade didnt grow under Napoleon because the British just continued and grew after the French imposed the continental systme

He was a manlet that was portraited as a midget

>anglos obsessed with height and appearence, being ugly island mongrels
>anglos project their insecurities on others

/thread

>He was a manlet that was portrayed as a midget
i will accept this if everyone else does

>doesn't realize "Le petit" is a term of endearment

He was 1.7m, which was average for the time. Hell, your precious Duke of Wellington was only 1.64m.

>Hell, your precious Duke of Wellington was only 1.64m.
do you mean nelson

people called him short because he was short, this is a fact

>considering his background.
He was from a noble (and wealthy) Corsican family.

>wealthy
by the standards of a peasant maybe

By an objective measure, Napoleon was of average height for his era. His being surrounded by Imperial Guardsmen, whose minimum height was 6', and who wore 18" hats, certainly gave the impression that he was short. Through binoculars on a battlefield it would be easy to make the misconception that he was short, but ultimately it is that - a misconception.

No. The average height is, by definition, average. Not short.

>By an objective measure
PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS SHORT

OBJEDCTIVE MEASURES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS SHORT

napoleon-series.org/research/napoleon/c_description.html
that's not how it woooooooooooorks

that's not how people at the time thought

a salty brit living in a wondrous manyaworld of his propaganda, what a sorry sight

>that's not how people at the time thought
what do you even mean
>oh, look at that man, his height is just as much as ours
>yeah, he's so short compared to what people will look like in a couple centuries

Read your own source, retard.

he was of average height, therefore he was a manlet. that's how it works senpai

>ywn be a marshal in napoleon's hayday
feels bad man

>He also had the habit of using gigantic (for the time) bodyguards (190cm+)

Was he a Frederick I of prussiaboo?

i mean read what i've said

people thought he was short
read the contemporary descriptions you idiot, that shit has nothing to do with him being short or not
> under middle height
>below middle height

170 cm would qualify you as a grenadier of the guard of foot/horse. If you went back in time 200 years you would be towering over people as if you were in China/Japan.

>English are still triggered by based Napoleon

>objective measurements don't matter because some jealous cunt said he was short

Piss off. Height is an objective measurement. Subjective accounts don't hold more weight.

>170 cm would qualify you as a grenadier of the guard of foot/horse.
it would not

6 foot for grenadiers
>everyone was jealous of napoleon, even people who liked him
you're denying reality you salty lanklet

Yes. There are a lot of cases of this in popular history.

Rommel being Germany's most brilliant general is another Anglo meme because he happened to be the one they defeated.

>subjective accounts of height are more important than objective measurements

Just admit you were dupped by English propaganda. It's just sad at this point.

And he didn't just 'become' Emperor. He invented the title for himself.

I'm 5'9" and its never been an issue. Most guys that are taller than me dont also have a deep voice, good body, blue eyes, full head of blonde hair, AND a good jawline. You really shouldnt be more concerned than say an ugly and unfit tall man. But even then we are average height so comparatively being insecure about average looks would be vain. Get over yourself and act like a man.

>every account of him just happens to be wrong because everyone was jealous of him
he was below middle height ie. short