CATHOLIC GENERAL!

CATHOLIC GENERAL!
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link. As usual, we will be assisting with answering questions.

Today is Sunday of the Fourth week in ordinary time.
Here are your daily readings:
usccb.org/bible/readings/020517.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Finding a Mass
pastebin.com/S0W9rLQR
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

CATHOLIC NEWS
>Bishop launches campaign to urge Trump to protect religious freedom
catholicnews.com/services/englishnews/2017/bishops-launch-letter-campaign-urging-trump-to-protect-religious-freedom.cfm
>Priests from various countries support the Five Dubia
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/clarification-is-gravely-needed-international-priests-association-gives-support-to-dubia/
>one of the Dubia Cardinal claims it is suicidal to impose conscience over revelation
lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-caffarra-division-among-pastors-is-the-cause-of-the-letter-we-sent

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34
pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP
pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD
pastebin.com/NVcvpAEP
pastebin.com/H06aCfNe
pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL
pastebin.com/LnCungNW
pastebin.com/ZU01sygz
pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG
pastebin.com/dQGrKhZu
pastebin.com/ZFhcHLTC
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
cruxnow.com/vatican/2017/02/04/rome-wakes-find-city-full-anti-pope-francis-posters/
carm.org/is-catholicism-christian
catholicbridge.com/catholic/are_catholics_christian.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Christ-chan!

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Two years ago I made a pastebin on precisely that.

pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe

Mary is just a saint so this is very relevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 John 2:22-23King James Version (KJV)

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Catholics arent Christian

For your traditions:

The pharisees loved their traditions more than the Word of God as well, the Old Age Roman Gnostic Temple has followed whole-heartedly in their footsteps toward the path of perdition.

God wants obedience, not following of worldly traditions.

>John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

>Matthew 15:1-9King James Version (KJV)

15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

>3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

>8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

>9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This

They are corpse worshipping pagans with gnostic tendencies.

And your temples full of idols and dead bodies:

>>Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Oh, and there's a bit on Mary too.

pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP
pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Come home, white men.

Catholicism is slavery. Original Christianity was about pantheistic greater identity, not a slave master relationship with a kike God who tells you kikes were the chosen people.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

That doesn't hold up historically.

What is the main difference between Catholicism and general Christianity? Also why do I hear Catholicism is the WORST denomination of Christianity?

I've been getting into Christianity, but not sure what denomination to focus on. I know Baptism is really popular in the south, I live in Texas so a lot of people down here are Baptist.

I have been wondering that Wolf, why do you no longer put the pastebins of various Catholic questions in the OP?

>Overbin
pastebin.com/NVcvpAEP
Containing all further pastebin links.

>The Basics of Christianity,
pastebin.com/H06aCfNe
This one I highly recommend to people wanting to relearn the faith, learn of Catholicism, or simply learn Christianity better.

>The Papacy and Church Authority
pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL

>The Communion and Intercession of Saints
pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe

>Sacred Tradition and its Connection to Scripture
pastebin.com/LnCungNW

>The Problem of Evil and the Problem of Hell
pastebin.com/ZU01sygz

>Galileo, Giodano Bruno, and Wycliffe
pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG

>Why Mary is called "Queen of Heaven".
pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP

>The "Whore of Babylon"
pastebin.com/dQGrKhZu

>The Origin of the Hail Mary
pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD

>Scripture on Christian Unity
pastebin.com/ZFhcHLTC

>For the Community: Tales of Love
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

>For the Community: The Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK

^ Like this one you used to do

More about your worldly gnostic traditions, like how you forbid your priests from their God-give right to marry!

And your doctrines that do not come from God!

>1 Timothy 4:1-3King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

>we've got Protestants so silly here they think the Catholics worship the bodies and statues of people themselves, on top of being silly enough to think we worship people

At least they bump the thread.

Catholicism is built upon the errors which Augustine of Hippo introduced into the church system around 400 c.

Many doctrinal errors have been built upon underlying errors and today we have a whole system of error which is deceiving millions.

What is the answer?

Stop listening to men and simply pick up the Bible and read what it teaches. The Gospel message is very simple.

And yet Protestants contradict the early Christians

A Jewish man sends his son to Israel to live there for a while. Eventually he returns home and he is now a Christian. The man finds this to be odd and mentions it to his friend.

The friend listens, thinks for a moment and says, "That's odd. I sent my son to Israel as a Jew and he returned as a Christian." So the two of them went to see the Rabbi.

They told the Rabbi the story of how they had both sent their sons to Israel as Jews, and how both sons had returned as Christians. The Rabbi listened, thought for a minute and then said "That's odd. I also sent my son to Israel as a Jew and he returned as a Christian."

So the three of them decide to go to Israel to find out what's going on over there. The arrive and go straight to the Western Wall to pray. They explain to God all about how they sent their sons to Israel as Jews and how the all returned as Christians."

There is a long silence, and then God begins to speak saying, "That's odd . . . "

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

That also means protestantism is wrong as they took Augustine to his logical conclusion

Something he is afraid of

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

So I saw this link today

cruxnow.com/vatican/2017/02/04/rome-wakes-find-city-full-anti-pope-francis-posters/

Is there any truth to Francis going too far in going against voices in the church he disagrees with?

So obviously shilling for the old age movement...

Hurrr bump muh thread hurr rrrreeeeeeee
> reminder that purgatory is gnostic

>just read the Bible

But I already am, and I'm enjoying it. I suppose you don't HAVE to align yourself with a denomination, but you have like Catholic, Baptist, Protestant, Presbyterian, etc. So many choices, and I guess you could just say "I'm a Christian that is non-denominational I guess."

Protestant women are weird to me, they aren't allowed to cut their hair and they can't show their legs. Like in this modern day society that seems strange, but it's like borderline Muslim where women can't show skin at all.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

King james is heretical and is not a translation accepted in the Catholic church

Dude youre a faggot, who cares about what you have to say priest

The Roman Pagans love to make a great show of their prayers, as did their pharissee forefathers, who hated the Pure Word of God and loved more their own wretched traditions of self glorification!

>Matthew 6:1-5King James Version (KJV)

6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Perfect.

I was born and raised Protestant, but have become increasingly interested in looking into Catholicism. What are the steps for inquiry into the faith?

I'm attending my first mass tonight. It's at the one parish in my small college town and it says this mass time is specifically for college students, which I am. Will it still be a "legitimate" Catholic mass?

I'm a bit nervous as I've never attended a Catholic service before. Anything I should know before hand?

I also ordered a copy of the Catholic Catechism. Any other advice for me on my investigation of Catholicism.

Thank you and God bless!

What was your name again, as you told us last night?

Come on, what is your name?

Are you afraid to tell us now?

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I thought all Christian churches approved of KJV, so what version do most Catholic churches use? One of the newer translations?

I still use the community ones and copypaste from them when needed but I don't post them up because it's incomplete and far too simplistic so I get embarrassed of the quality and nervous over not yet completing all the other sections of the pastebin that I've been intending to do. On top of all this other stuff I need to be doing in my life currently I left it out to recommend better sources when needed.

John 14:6Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

1 John 2:22-23Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

22 Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? This is Antichrist, who denieth the Father, and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father. He that confesseth the Son, hath the Father also.6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

>What is the main difference between Catholicism and general Christianity?
Well first off I guess a distinction needs to be made. 'General Christianity' would be Protestantism only in the states. Worldwide Catholicism is general Christianity.

>Also why do I hear Catholicism is the WORST denomination of Christianity?
This could be for various reasons the two that most come to mind are as followed:

America was founded and colonized by a bunch of English and German immigrants primarily. Both of which have strong protestant background. The English with Anglicanism and the German with Lutheranism/Calvinism. (These backgrounds appeared in the 1500's, before then they were Catholic) These three denominations for the last 500 years have been teaching that Catholics are horrible and have butchered Christianity and that their teachings are true. They went as far to execute Catholics living in their countries. This anti-catholic bias would have stuck around and been ingrained into the protestants and been carried over to America to continue.

The second alternative is that Catholicism is the strictest form of Christianity (alongside Orthodoxy). It could be considered the worst denomination because we do not condone shit such as premarital sex, masturbation, weed, etc. We don't alter scripture to trick ourselves into thinking we're allowed to sin.

>I've been getting into Christianity, but not sure what denomination to focus on. I know Baptism is really popular in the south, I live in Texas so a lot of people down here are Baptist.
Instead of just saying you should focus on Catholicism. I suggest that you should look into the history of Christianity. From its origins until now, figure out how its changed. And don't just read from a baptist perspective, hear from the Catholic side as well for example. And make an educated decision from there.

>Thats what I did. Studied 6 months as a non-denomination Christian before coming to the Catholic Church.

Foolish slave. This is why the saturnist death cults always win. You fall into their traps like Catholicism readily.

redpill me on Christoph Schönborn

The Roman Gnostics believe that their babbling prayers said thousands of times will be heard of God. Jesus Christ says otherwise!

>Matthew 6:6-13King James Version (KJV)

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

I'm wary of any denomination that relies so heavily on doctrine rather than simply 'the Bible.'

If I do have any problem with Catholicism it is only in how fiercely some will fight to defend their doctrine. It's JUST doctrine. It's not Scripture.

And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

I'm too much of a degenerate to be a Catholic, they have some many strict rules like you said, and frankly it'd be tough to abide by them. You have to be be a very BORING and VANILLA person to follow Catholicism to the letter, it's like you aren't allowed to do anything fun.

Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you

Ex-atheist here raised in a pure secular family here.
I just came back fom my catequesis class.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

The Roman Pagans read the texts of their traditions, but they refuse to acknowledge the Word of God!

>Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

>John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

>Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

>Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

Isaiah 30:
1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!

1 Corinthians 10:
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

>Original Christianity was about pantheistic greater identity, not a slave master relationship with a kike God who tells you kikes were the chosen people.
Except that's wrong.
I'm sure you can find some examples of that (seeing as faith in christ didn't begin as only one creed, but those are all long dead for the most part), but Christianity was never "pantheistic" and always had a heirarchy.

This faggot again

I was also wondering if any Catholics here could refute this short article on why Catholics aren't Christians.

>carm.org/is-catholicism-christian

>I was born and raised Protestant, but have become increasingly interested in looking into Catholicism. What are the steps for inquiry into the faith?
Glad to hear it. I believe the first step that you should take is in visiting your parish priest and setting up a meeting with him so you can ask about the faith yourself.

>I'm attending my first mass tonight. It's at the one parish in my small college town and it says this mass time is specifically for college students, which I am. Will it still be a "legitimate" Catholic mass?
Yes it will. Typically student masses just tend to be later in the evening and have younger peoople overall as opposed to morning masses. It will still be like a tpyical Catholic mass.

>I'm a bit nervous as I've never attended a Catholic service before. Anything I should know before hand?
I guess the order of the mass and an explanation of what happens and why could help you. And probably make you feel less nervous as you will have a general idea as to whats happening. I'll cover this in my following post. But one thing I will point out is don't take part in the eucharist/communion. Not because we don't like you, but because if you do not fully believe it is Christ's body and blood. Or that you are not part of the Church, we consider it to be a grave sin that could be very detrimental to your salvation. Therefore if you're up to it instead go up with everyone else with your arms crossed like a 'X' to let the priest know you can't partake in it. He will give you a blessing instead.

>I also ordered a copy of the Catholic Catechism. Any other advice for me on my investigation of Catholicism.
I suggest everytime you have a question about Catholicism that will arise. Talk to us, google or your priests about it. Don't let little doubts to stay with you, crush them as soon as they appear.

Put down the Daily Stormer and read up on the history of Abrahamic religions. If you knew a thing you'd know that modern day Jews are NOT the chosen people and are the direct heirs to the godless Christ killers.

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Catholics, why do you hate your daily bread?

You ignore it, and put your trust in anything but the Bread of Life, and instead put your faith in paintings and statues and temples built by the hands of men, full of dead men's bones, just as the Pharisees did.

If all those traditions did not save the Pharisees, how will they save you?

plenty of fun stuff isn't a sin

>Poland
>Jesuit roman catholic ground zero
>Pedophile vacation homes all over
>infested with "jews"

I can see why you're upset, but dont act shocked.

Have you prayed to your boy raping saint today, polcuck?

Sing, O ye heavens; for the LORD hath done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel.
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

>any organization that says "Catholics are not Christians," is ignoring the history of Christianity.

catholicbridge.com/catholic/are_catholics_christian.php

Hello folks, quick question.
I'll keep a long story short here, I bought a 200 years old bible because I thought it would be less influenced by corrupt interpetations and such, but I can't read it for shit because "Old Norwegian" is the worst language ever (it's danish, with weird letters)
But funnily enough, one day as I walked to uni, a bunch of asian missonaries handed out FREE bibles, I obviously took this opportunity and grabbed one myself. I've been reading some King James bible on my phone, but this new bible I've gotten is "Recovery version", what does that mean? Is it legit?
What "version" of the bible should I stick with and why?
Thank you in advance, you helped me find faith Sup Forums.

>I still use the community ones and copypaste from them when needed but I don't post them up because it's incomplete and far too simplistic so I get embarrassed of the quality and nervous over not yet completing all the other sections of the pastebin that I've been intending to do.
I feel that they are good reads and do help new people that are interested in the faith. If they got too technical they would be difficult for some to read.

Plus they're good, stop doubting yourself Wolf.

I would just like to point out to you that nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about following the bible alone. In fact the bible several times talks about the importance of tradition.

Glad to hear you're coming into the Church user.

>I'm too much of a degenerate to be a Catholic, they have some many strict rules like you said, and frankly it'd be tough to abide by them.
Jesus came to call the sinner not the sinless. Many degenerates have changed their ways for Christ. And yes it can be tough to abide by them, but we do it for Christ. And if we fall He will pick us back up and help us again.

>You have to be be a very BORING and VANILLA person to follow Catholicism to the letter, it's like you aren't allowed to do anything fun.
Following the Lord's will to the letter is what everybody should be doing regardless of how it makes them personally feel. Who are we to put our will before God's?

You shouldn't be getting all your fun from lust/drugs anyway. Thats a pretty bad way to live if you can't have fun without it.

So posting the word of Jesus Christ and the prophets makes me a faggot?

Are you ashamed of the words of Christ?

>Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Stay clear of the newer translations, theyre full of "new age" modifications that neuter the text.

NIV is shit

I don't care what anyone says about KJV, it's still the HIGHEST SELLING Bible translation in the world, as well as the MOST POPULAR.

NIV is popular among modern times, but I still think it's new age crap as well. Of course there are like 60 something translations of the Bible, and everyone probably has a preference or favorite they prefer.

Hey there user, glad that we have helped you find faith. I don't have an answer on a specific Bible type for you. But I believe you should be fine with a lot of Bibles but you should ensure that they have the deuterocanonicals books. (Seven books protestants removed from the Bible). King James Bible isn't bad as far as I'm aware aside from the lack of thse books.

I am unsure of what the term recovery version means however I'm afraid.

Question for the proddies in this thread who insist Catholics aren't Christians:
If that is the case, then what exactly was Christanity in the thousand or so years before the reformation? Are we to believe that it was lost, and only by teachings of luther and other protestants was it rekindled? Protestant churches are all groups that split from the church, so are we to believe that "true christians" can somehow come about from supposed devil worshipers?

Plebeian fool. The kikes have fooled you into thinking God is external from you, and that you must win his affection.

They have made you enslave yourself. Such fools you people are. It is a mutilation of reality.

NIV is made from censored texts from heretics that doctored the Scriptures to support their own ideals and traditions.

KJV New Testament is probably the safest in English.

I recommend the Septugaint Greek for the Old Testament in English.

I made no claims on the nature of God(you are wrong, but that's not the point), only that you're claims about original Christanity are 100% objectively false.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Look at the massive difference in these two verses, the NIV completely removes an entire verse practically.

The newer translations are based on gnostic heresies.

I dont think you can go wrong with KJV

1 John 5:7-8King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 John 5:7-8New International Version (NIV)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

And so is sola fide

Constantine warped the writings about Jesus. You don't know what you're talking about.

The church teaches heresy, and idolatrous practices. she has become a harlot.

Sola Fide is a heretical doctrine. That is sola fide as protestants make it to be

But what the cocks?

You know, the ones you love faggot...

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

I'm a confirmed Catholic I can post here! I didn't go to church with my family last year though because I was watching football and drinking. Got to see a great game!

I am a woman you moron

I am starting to 100% understand why so many people go full fedora in anglo countries

Well I'll break this down for you as simply as possible:

>Early church obviously first started
>Early church is focused around the authority of major figures given authority by Jesus: the apostles but are pretty conflicted because of lack of authoritative doctrine yet
>apostles pass on their offices and establish priestly roles for the church. Their authority passes on through them. Major decisions are handled through councils.
>Council of Ephesus and Council of Chalcedon make a rulings on the nature of Christ. A bishop or two who didn't like the ruling went off and did their own things despite. This small group ends up becoming Oriental Christianity. Small groups but also where the monastic tradition began.
>A long time later we have the early church centered around Rome and Constantinople. They have some slight high-level theological disagreements throughout due to distance and due to two different intellectual growths in their area but their main source of disagreement is the position of the office of the apostle Peter.
>Both kingdoms believe the apostle Peter to have primacy over other offices but Rome thinks it means supremacy and Constantinople thinks its just an honorary role. This split causes the east-west schism. Rome's Christianity is now Catholicism and Constantinople's is now Eastern Orthodoxy.
>besides this stuff, they tend to be very similar in doctrine and currently believe one another to be able to lead one another to salvation as the disagreements are not insurmountable to the faith

Part 1/2

Nice argument.

Please, do provide the evidence for this "pantheistic" """Christianity""".

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We love him, because he first loved us.

Part 2/2
>In the early 16th century Martin Luther had disagreements with Catholic practices as leaders began to abuse practices for personal gain and also had many other disagreements. The church didn't take to him well and focused on what would be considered antithetical to the faith rather than look at his comments of abuse
>Luther manages to get out and promotes a reformation of the church that ends up becoming a revolution against the church itself as he begins to doubt apostolic authority itself
>Luther holds that since no one has valid claim to apostolic authority, we should focus on scripture that we know is valid
>focus on Bible rather than church begins. Luther begins anti-"organized religion" meme.
>This branch stemming from him is Protestantism. His group is specifically called Lutheran
>this focus on textual criticism leads to new branches, focused on interpreting the faith through scripture correctly. This quickly led to "if it's not in the Bible, it's not correct" and trying to remove Catholic influence and monks

The things to look at are:

>Catholic
>Orthodox
>Oriental
>Protestantism

And their claims to authority.
You'll have to sort through your form of Protestantism if you wish to do that, and I can assist though it will be very messy.

You hear Catholics are the worst because Protestants have a long history of attacking and trying to disrepute the Catholic Church.

I cannot speak for protestants, I am not one of them.

The only legitimate source are the words of Jesus Christ recorded in the New Testament and the doctrine dictated to Saint Paul by Jesus Christ.

>2 John 9-11King James Version (KJV)

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Anyone who has actually read the New Testament will clearly see what the Catholics do wrong.

But Catholics tend to avoid the Holy Scriptures as though they were a plague.

The Catholic church was not the first, there were many churches formed all over the world by the disciples of Christ, from Britain to India, but the church in Rome magically declared itself the only legitimate church on earth, of which there is no mention whatsoever in the Bible that the church of Rome is to rule all the other churches.

A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.

Alright so I was typing out the parts of mass, but there was too much to it. So I'll send you this instead, which lets you know exactly what will happen in mass and the responses.

Some things such as the Rite of Blessing and Sprinkling Holy Water may not occur at every mass.

Don't worry if you do not know the 'Our Father' or 'Nicene Creed' either, people will not be judging you. And typically a booklet will be given out with all the prayers and what not in it.