So did Trump actually get his Muslim ban blocked and will it stay blocked?

So did Trump actually get his Muslim ban blocked and will it stay blocked?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/04/trump-immigration-refugee-ban-court-judge/97491332/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, it is unconstitutional. So yeah, the chances it will be revived are basically nill as long as checks and balances are still in place.

no. it is well within his powers.

Explain to me how its unconstitutional

its hilarious watching you libfags toss the word "unconstitutional" around. the way you guys use it it means "anything i disagree with, and makes brown people sad". what part of the constitution guarantees non citizens the right to come here? ive heard the for argument quote from the constitution, but the against just seems to say "unconstitutional" without giving a reason

it's still in the courts, we'll see how it all pans out

Thanks anons haven't been keeping up with the news

It was blocked. Trump will fight hard for it to be overturned, but I have a feeling it won't happen.

GOP at large cares more about ending Obamacare. If Trump spends too much time focusing on this Muslim ban, they might not be able to do that before the 2018 congressional races.

could be people behind Trump (((SOROS))) are setting a false flag up for the superbowl, next stop neocon full scale war

hope not, hope Trump can shut it down

user, we will know in a couple of days. Likely the ban will be reinstated but given a fast track to Supreme Court.

go back to astroturfing plebbit you fucking worthless leftist puke

I'm so close to genociding about three hundred leftists in one sitting

I'm honestly praying everyone responsible for blocking it is fucking hung like the traitorous snakes they are.

keep telling yourself that faggot.

>I mean, I just love muslim dick soooo much!

Why can one random judge shut it down? Can't some random judge say it's okay?

This!
/thread

All the temp filing from Libtard pedo judges allows a gap to happen when Bad Hombres to enter the US and attack a major liberal stronghold city. After that happens Trump will be given absolute power and be proven right again and again.

Sanctuary cities and places like California and Seattle will be hot beds filled with crime and disorder. Libs will double down and destroy their own shit, and have mass riots happening in all their brainwashed cities.

California and hollywood will be allowed to fall, but we will take back resources and clean up after all the chaos.

I didn't read the decision, but I'm pretty sure because it's an alienage-based restriction. It's unconstitutional because it failed to pass the compelling interest test.

But seriously we can't let him have the nuclear codes

>"unconstitutional"

Yet the constitution is obsolete because it was written by straight, white men over two hundred years ago according to so many liberals.

>constitutional right
>of non-citizens
The president has the power to exclude as many people as he likes for as long as he likes with absolutely no conflict from the other branches if the constitution is taken seriously.

He should just ignore the courts and then replace them all with red hats later.

You have to read it with the constitution

In current year with ndaa Patriot act etc you can bet Trump wins.

It's like you guys don't understand the 1st and 14th amendments.

Throw in the establishment clause in there too when you decide to do some google searches

paid shills, or maybe they do it 4 free

Non-citizens enjoy equal protection (no deprivation of life, liberty, or property without due process)

pot calling the kettle black, eh

This man is correct.

Trump has already lost the initial battle, and he will likely delve into more chaos if he does not rescind the order.

If Trump push forward, he will lose support and also this legal battle.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Did you even read the EO?

>establishment clause
You don't need to. There's no direct effect on any religion.

The EO bans people entry based on their country of origin - an alienage restriction.

Is it after the 1888? Then banning people from entering is allowed by the constitution.

The President can ban people from any country as much as he can. It's entirely Constitutional.

.............riiiiiiiight.
Keep lying to yourself dude

>he will lose the legal battle

wut

You have to read it with Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment. Notice how that section mentions citizens then later on, "persons."

>muslim ban

It's a nationality ban you mongoloid.

Not only is it not unconstitutional, but the law has not been blocked at all. You would think you would read up more on the situation..

Indirect effect on religion is fine as long as the government action was not motivated by the desire to interfere or establish a religion. As long as it has a secular purpose and other shit (see Lemon test) it doesn't go against the AEC

It is NOT unconstitutional you fucking nigger - it was King Nigger's plan to start with. Trump's move is legal and the judge is a TRAITOR

The Constitution has never been held to apply to foreigners on foreign soil. Ask the NSA.

>I don't have an argument so I'm just going to act condescending

He wants to give preference to minority religions however.

In all Muslim majority nations. So who does it actually affect?

Muslims.

This man understands the 14th amendment

It won't stay blocked at all.

>shia Muslims aren't a minority in those countries

It was completely fine when Obama created the list last year and severely restricted immigration from these countries though, right?

>with the constitution
The people being barred from entry are not American citizens. The Constitution has no relevance.

>The Constitution has never been held to apply to foreigners on foreign soil. Ask the NSA.
I'd cite you where to go but I trust you can google "applicability of the constitution to foreigners."
They don't enjoy ALL the rights, but the very basic is applicable to them.

>image instead of actual source
try again

Why the judge that blocked it hasn't been condemned to death for treason already?

>The Constitution has no relevance.
Literally read what I quoted and try to understand. Or google >tfw shitposting instead of reviewing

The judge issued a temporary restraining order on the basis that the EO would bring harm to Washington and Minnesota. The TRO is designed to halt the EO so it can be argued in court to prove that claim.

The problem is, and this is how you can fix your fucking brain, is that the powers of the president in this matter as it pertains to the EO is not only constitutional, but well within Trump's ability. This is going to go the Supreme Court and it will likely be overturned. The TRO, if it were to stand, wouldn't just harm Trump's EO, but all future presidents as it pertains to the act cited in the EO.

>Threads where Sup Forums discusses law, especially constitutional or criminal law

These are always helpful for reminding me that although we may often agree on political topics, you are all fucking retarded, almost to a man. Congrats, underageb& dumbfucks who skipped civics and never opened a book after high school.

I'd be surprised if it even makes it to SCOTUS. There's no precedent for halting this action by Trump and the judge is hugely in the wrong.

you faggots have already been BTFO multiple times over the past couple days over this. Fuck off back to huffpo.

You obviously don't understand what Obama actually did, do you? His order stated that if you traveled through one of those countries before coming to the US, you need a visa. He didn't ban anyone of any nationality.

Leaf etc etc

The source is in the image.

Foreigners have never had the right to immigrate to our country. Hell, the Supreme Court twice affirmed the right of the Executive to deport people based on their race in the late 19th century.

Lol Oh hi CTR

Well then, should the EO (or others like it) are challenged on constitutional grounds, it would probably go as I've typed.
>powers of the president in this matter as it pertains to the EO is not only constitutional
The President can issue EOs, yes.
>This is going to go the Supreme Court and it will likely be overturned.
If it passes constitutional muster. The last government act which imposed an alienage-based restriction was during WWII (Korematsu.)

Remind me of the part where Obama barred people that already had visas and green cards from entering the US en masse.

supreme court will overrule.

Fuck off CTR, there are plenty of lawyers in your organization. At least get them to prepare a brief for you so your shitposting is a bit better next time.

Instead,
>leaf leaf leaf
Congrats, you're retarded.

>Foreigners have never had the right to immigrate to our country.
That's not my point. My point is they are entitled to equal protection once they are under the jurisdiction of US courts. Even if you are a foreigner, you are required to be read your rights, for example.

He didn't ban anyone, he applied additional screening to these very same countries. Trump just said, we need to pause immigration from these countries until we assess how well the screening is working.

calls others retarded, contributes nothing to thread. A leaf, folks.

You all keep citing this, but in all honesty, what Trump is doing goes far beyond the purpose for this Act. A blanket ban will just not work in today's world.

No shit, but foreigners on foreign soil don't have any rights at all.

Oh are we still crying CTR? I thought they were CREW now.
Also
Leaf etc etc.

>i didnt read
Let me stop you right there. Reexamine your life starting from the beginning

Read through this earlier, looks like the 9th circuit has already denied the justice dept. to reinstate the order. This doesn't seem to be the appeal of the TRO, which would be required first by the JD, before it could head back to the presiding judge in Washington and if he were to stay on the TRO, the JD could then send a writ to the SC and appeal it there. We'll see, but the 9th circuit is cucked as all hell and I doubt the Washington judge will change his mind; the entire basis of the TRO is a fucking joke!

Sauce: usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/04/trump-immigration-refugee-ban-court-judge/97491332/

>when he figures out the block had no precedent
soon

The constitution gives the President EXPLICIT power to bar anyone of any country from entering the United States of America.

KILL YOURSELF CREW/CTR SHILL

He is explicitly following the Act.

>a blanket ban will just not work

That's an argument based on emotion. There's no reason the ban won't work.

if it rules 4-4 what is the result?

But Obama and Bush both did the same thing.

Yes, because saying CTR whenever says something you disagree with is so much more refined that calling you a leaf.

day of the rake when?

Holy shit you're a moron.

They found a friendly Judge that was willing to slow it down. The Ninth Circuit wanted to enjoy the Superbowl but showed them no love by having them submit their paperwork by 3AM. When matters have merit the Court gives you more time to prepare.

trumps appointee tie breaks.

It's constitutional. There is even a law passed allowing the president to enforce borders from specific areas if deemed necessary. They'll present their information and the block would be no more than a speed bump

The left knows whites are the powerhouse behind the conservative vote so their plan is to bring in as many non-whites as possible. If Muslims and or illegal mexicans suddenly liked Republicans the Democrats would turn on them in a heartbeat and block them entry. As it is, they will do absolutely anything to get more in. They know that if they force whites into fewer than 50% of the country's voting population then they effectively have an oligarchy forever. They will stop at nothing to have it.

Every white person reading this, you have to go make babies. 2024 is lost no matter what but in 18 years we might have our numbers back enough to win. We have to never stop growing. Never listen to the left again if they promote anything that could hurt your family's reproductive health.

The ban asks that a vetting measure is put into place, and until then travel must temporarily stop until immigrants who travel in & out of these Uncentralized Government countries are properly identified a& vetted.

>not unconstitutional

Well, if there are any future presidents that are like Trump, then they need to be held responsible. I hope we don't have another baby like Trump again.

It's not even a muslim ban. There are 7 countries we don't want coming here for something like 90 days.

I'm not sure what the political future holds for Mexican presidents. Let me know when you get there.

The response by millions of Americans is exactly why it won't work. He's denying people with legal documentation to be here.

He applied it to people of all nationalities, if you travel through one of those countries first. Trying to compare what trump did to what Obama did is pure retardation.

Also, we already have one of the most intense immigration policies in the world. Did you know that? I'm guessing not

>Also, we already have one of the most intense immigration policies in the world.
go ahead and post the relevant legal documents that show how rigorous our policy is as well as proof that its been implemented as such.

>millions of Americans

Yeah, your phony Soros-funded protests aren't fooling anyone. People with green cards were allowed back in after some clarification. Stop crying.

But the ban can only be enforced when they're in US soil, correct?
>b-but they prevent them from boarding the plane outside the US
The issue would be whether the constitution would apply to agents enforcing the ban overseas. There would be cases to support that it shouldn't (DEA case where their agents arrested a US National in Mexico violating several rights for one) but the court could also reason that it is different this time because it's an administrative issue, not criminal. I wouldn't be so presumptive as to say what the SCOTUS would say.

did you just fucking roll up on me with gorilla munch? In 2017?

guess I should have said fuck off back to Know your Meme.

Yes.
And Yes.
If it goes to Supreme court they will tie and the ban will stay suspended.

If he had actionable intel on the 7 countries and not just a vague protectionist argument, they would have upheld the ban.

He did not. Incredibly short sighted on his part because now its all over the news making him look bad.

There are well established procedures for contesting EOs. Perhaps he should have read them first.

BUT, Dems push Trannies and gays on to us. Muslims in freaking England of all places hate the gays. Either the gays/trannies are gonna switch sides or the muslims are gonna side with the GOP like old school Latinos. I feel that the Dems are in for a shitshow in a few years.

No it wasn't, do some fucking research, Obama's plan was incredibly different.

Most of it isn't unconstitutional, only the bit where they revoked visas. You can't revoke visas without due process.

Not if they have visas. They were given the legal right to enter the country. You can't mass revoke visas.

A foreigner is ENTITLED to rights meant for US citizens? Think again, dipshit. It doesn't matter if a court takes up a case of a foreigner and is therefore "under the jurisdiction of US courts." The President has the authority to restrict their access to this country because they have no fucking rights.

What? Airlines won't let them board unless they have legal authorization to enter the country. They would need a VISA or a Visa-exempt passport to even board the plane.

They could be moving it quickly because they have their minds made up or don't want protesters to put the in the crosshairs. Congrats on reading the briefings.

I'm not going to spoon feed you fucks, Jesus Christ. Do your own fucking research

>Airlines won't let them board unless they have legal authorization to enter the country.
Airlines could be seen as agents of the government enforcing its policies in that regard. I want to see how it pans out honestly.

Not an argument.

They have visas, they have the legal right to enter the country. Or at least the 60,000 of them who had their visas revoked do.