Do you agree with this? Also, what's your general view on the homeless?

Do you agree with this? Also, what's your general view on the homeless?

I was typing out that the underpass spikes were bullshit until I realize that you don't want a bunch of people sleeping between the roads.

>Homeless people can't find plywood in the trash
Yeah, these spikes will totally stop the determined.

lel
$5 says some dude saw the spikes people put on antennas and stuff to keep birds from landing on them and shitting everywhere and said i wonder if that would work for homeless people

Are there any homeless people in the western world who aren't homeless by choice?
As far as I'm aware, every western country provides food and shelter for the homeless.

Majority of homeless are fucking white men
Who cares desu

Some of it's unavoidable.

There's likely always going to be enough people who have severe mental issues, but maintain enough skills to survive.

The rest could probably very easily be dealt with if everyone wasn't so busy trying to show how much they cared about people from other countries.

You can't really solve the problem of grown adults being unable to take care of themselves because of addiction or mental illness yet are simultaneously aware enough to demand their own release. Unless you want to detain them somewhere against their will of course. (Which is why most of them end up in jail for something or other, especially when it gets cold.)

>Do you agree with this?
well...yes?

They literally just removed these today.

Not the case, usually there isn't enough spots, many homeless shelters fill up early in the night so it's first come first serve, usually the mentally ill don't even bother.

There will always be homeless, it's just how this whole thing works. No one is really safe from becoming homeless, sure there are a lot of them that just don't care and have no problem living like that and there are others who've just had very bad luck.

Either way, spikes aren't going to help, they'll just find other places to sleep. Seems to me that the spike solution is just so that the ignorant and oblivious wouldn't have to face reality.

Digits confirm leftists are America-hating scum who would rather help brown foreigners than their own countrymen

We're too busy being bleeding hearts over Syrian migrants to give a fuck about homeless Canadians. Trudeau thinks he has to save the world before he can help his own.

Yes. And Pro-homeless.

I've worked with them as a volunteer, then hiring several for an Earthmoving company. While a solid percentage are just fucked up druggies / wackos, most don't start that way, and with the slightest amount of respect and assistance they can usually self correct and be better contributors to society than most 18-25 year olds from a stable family.

there should be a private solution, and charities and rich cock suckers should do more to help them. welfare state breeds gov't dependence and makes the problem worse rather than teaching people to be self-reliant.

Most shelters don't have enough capacity to meet demand.

Homeless people sleep outside my apartment building all the time.

Most of the homeless are homeless because they are degenerate retards that nobody wants around, and they commonly steal and leave graffiti everywhere. Just a few days ago the door to the building got "the dirty needle bandit wuz here" sprayed on it. If I see a homeless fuck doing that they're getting a baseball bat.

Homeless sleep on the bus stop benches and nobody wants to wait for the bus when they're there because they creep everyone out with their stupid garbage and begging for money for more drugs or alcohol. Face tattoos, stretched earlobes, piercings everywhere - money they should have spent on food and shelter instead of being faggots.

In the end killing them would be the easiest route

poor people who win the lottery have an astronomical chance of being poor again in a few short years, most are poor (homeless) because they're shit at money or holding down a job

my coworker went homeless for a year, slept in his car or on oregon beaches. had a gym membership, coffee shop card, & gas card. kept clean with the gym showers, free coffee, did odd jobs for cash. year later, he's got over all the shit from his childhood he'd been repressing for years, moves to the valley, & becomes one of our best installers.

most homeless people are homeless for a reason. there are programs to help them out of it. the dedicated ones can use them. do we need more, to help the ones who'll abuse it?

>Also, what's your general view on the homeless?

I think they should sleep

on YOUR front porch
in YOUR garage
in YOUR back yard
under YOUR carport
in YOUR child's playhouse

I live in a city of about 500k and there's only one homeless person I know of. He's some Swedish fuck who eats pigeons and stinks of piss.
He's only homeless because he prefers to sleep outside.
All the other drunks and addicts have their own rooms or apartments, depending on how fucked they are.

that is a HUGE issue here in LA, they are in every nook in the city with tents a foot away from cars in some areas and garbage in every tunnel.

Determined people aren't likely to be homeless.

If you became homeless, you would want help here in your country because that is what civilized people do.

those spikes looks very dangerous hazard imagine if one fell and split their head on them. yeah whoever put them would get their ass sued to bankruptcy

>Metal spikes as a deterrent against vagrants
Bunch of cucks, at the most a passive aggressive gesture.
I say harvest their organs and send the ill to work camps deep in the wilderness.

It's cheaper to build and maintain proper homeless shelters/housing than to do this shit. Cities and the people who run them just don't want to give in to helping the needy.

Checked
I can't begin to voice my concern and anger about this

this. you can find a sheet of plywood or a broken old pallet anywhere basically, these spikes won't stop shit

On a side note, my dad used to drive a semitruck and deliver milk in Vancouver. Every so often I'd go along with him (I was like 12 at the time) and one time he asks me if I want to see something cool so I say ya sure, he goes and gets a 4L jug of milk out of the trailer and gives it to a homeless guy who's standing out around a bunch of other homeless guys. Well shit they broke out fighting within seconds, they all wanted some of that milk, they were swinging at each other one guy knocks the other guy right in the gobber, me and my dad are laughing our asses off. He told me he did that about once a week when he was on his lunch break. He said one time he thought one of the homeless guys even died in the fights.

no, the spike solution is so you don't have to start your morning shooing a bunch of vagrants from the entryway of your business.

>Either way, spikes aren't going to help
>they'll just find other places to sleep

Yes, I do.
I've lived in Hawaii for about half a year now, worked Security in Honolulu. These... people, are less people and more beasts. They've lost their humanity to drugs and violence. Where they sleep, they leave empty dirty drug needles, litter EVERYWHERE, and an absolutely horrid smell (this is a fucking island take a dip in the ocean for fucks sake). When they confront you for free shit, they're discourteous, come off threatening, and lie as a matter of habit. Many also look like fucking hobgoblins.
This isn't even mentioning all their rape and disease. I wouldn't want them sleeping outside my business either.

They should come to California then maybe they'll realize how bad homeless people can get if you just let them stay anywhere they want.

>every western country provides food and shelter for the homeless.

Not in Canada. Our shelters are full and many homeless are turned away. There are a lot of mentally ill homeless people who can't care for themselves and who need to be institutionalised, but the hospitals had their budgets slashed so they are turned away.

Other homeless people are young and not actually homeless. They panhandle but they get welfare and a government paid home. They're mentally fit enough to run this scam but are too lazy to get real work. They're scum and get no sympathy from me.

If they don't want to work kill them. If they want let them

They should give them property, of state land. Also abolish property tax below some income level

Either full blown degenerate retards, or just mentally ill unlucky people

We should separate each in order to give assistance imo
Most can be brought back to society

Is it naive if I think that looks really cool?

>Take plywood
>put it over the spikes
>sleep on plywood
>well balanced surface to sleep on that water (and urine) can flow beneath

Did these city planners even think?

Homelessness is a choice around here, mostly just gypsy fucking scum.

They didn't choose to be gypsy scum.

Check your "being a decent human being" privilege.

>Either way, spikes aren't going to help, they'll just find other places to sleep.
> they'll just find other places to sleep.

that was the entire point

Honestly there should be a place where the willfully indebted and homeless can go where they're offered suicide services or the ability to live in minimal expense housing and allowed to work to start making enough money to support themselves.

UK has a massive sprawling welfare system which dispenses billions in money, housing, medicine, and care of every sort every year.
If you are homeless in the UK it is your own fault. Either you are antisocial (alcoholic or drug addict) or you are a problem person whose own family have disowned them probably because they are a dreadful human being. With the care home, hostels, shelters, and cheap bunkhouses , you'd literally have to make a serious effort to be homeless, it is pretty much impossible to be homeless if you are a child or a woman for instance.

Society already provides 10X the help I would consider a minimum.

Also homeless can go anywhere in the EU, so why dont they go to a country where accommodation is cheaper, food is cheaper, and casual work more easily had? The UK is one of the most expensive and inhospitable countries in Europe (besides all the free gibs, which we should cut down on anyway).

I live in Manchester and we have a huge homeless problem here. I feel really bad for them especially since people are more inclined to want to give brown people free homes instead of our own countrymen but I also don't think anyone should get anything for free.

It's sad because it could potentially happen to anyone. I have a decent job and make decent money but if everything was to go tits up I have nobody to rely on for any kind of help so I could end up homeless.

In my opinion the best way to fix the problem would be to stop letting unskilled illiterate foreigners in and use the resources to start apprenticeship programs with the homeless, teach them a trade, put them to work building homes and let them pay their own way and live with some dignity.

why don't they just put jobs in all those places

would keep them away just as well

they are mainly homeless from
-drugs
-mental heath issues
- a combo of the two but unable to break free so they slip back in the cycle

once in a blue moon I will meet a nice homeless guy that seems like someone that just had awful luck. needs meds and they are too much, divorced, left with no support, maybe getting over a drinking problem trying to climb out of the cycle.

I have a nice guy in my neighborhood that you can tell is kind but insane and quietly weaves ropes or baskets just sitting around. Those are the ones I feel the most sorry for, crazy pills are very expensive in the usa and if you dont have a family that can handle dealing with you they just leave you to run wild which is a danger to them and everyone else. An elderly Korean woman out for her walk was punched to the ground by a crazy lady two days ago here just running around the street screaming.

Every "bum" was somebody, once.

>get a bank account
>use card to get into a atm after its closed
>be warm, on camera for security and have carpet instead of concrete.

wow that was fucking hard

Except that your picture is actually Portland Oregon, which also has an out of control homeless problem.

I'm working homeless out in the Central Valley in California.

I don't know, I once found a hobo camp that was wired for electricity, and had running water coming off a stream.

But not anymore, and for most there's just no going back.

under rated.

Also to add to this, I had a homeless girl stay with me for a couple days because it was cold out. I gave her some emergency supplies, nice flashlight with many batteries and something to defend herself with. I don't trust homeless people though because they are usually homeless because nobody wants them. I even gave her a phone with some prepaid credit to call her mom and a power bank for it. She cooked a meal for us and went to sleep.

I put paper traps in my drawers and cupboards, closets etc and left her alone in my apartment for one hour when I went to work.

I came home an hour later to a guy on my couch, all the traps set off, and a lot of mostly valueless things stolen from me (old phone case, butter knives, a hockey card, some Tupperware).

I told her I was very close to just beating both of them to the edge of death and to get the fuck out while she made excuses.

Homeless people have so many ways to help themselves but they are there because they have no value. It doesn't matter if they're human or not.

>Implying you can do that

Somehow I don't think you were ever rough sleeping

Why do homeless people don't live in the woods or on mountains and live the life of a hermit or druid? This will solve all problems. They found a meaningful life if they choose this way and will never annoy us city people ever again. Also they will reactivate the faith for this religions.

Fuck off, you don't know shit about gypsies you Quasimodo.

You know what freaks me out? The day I realized how much of "architecture" and "design" went not to making things beuatiful or work better but to make things uncomfortable.

In front of my building is a colonnade. The ledge on the sidewalk however is only about 5 inches wide and 2.5 feet high -- too low and too narrow to sit on for any length of time. It's designed to be deliberately uncomfortable while still being visually pleasing or at least undistinguished.

Once I noticed this I couldn't stop seeing it everywhere. Shelves too narrow to comfortably type on a laptop on. Chairs without backs to discourage you from getting comfortable. Planters that are abnormally high and serve to direct traffic away from doors rather than toward them. etc. A whole system of knowledge dedicated to making people get up and leave.

There is just no acceptable reason to be homeless in Australia beyond being mentally ill or just being apathetic toward hard work.

$500 a fortnight study assist for students given by the government. Plus you can claim rent assistance for an extra $200 or so a fortnight. You dont have to pay back your government student loan until you are earning enough to afford it after you get your degree.

Im currently doing engineering with a guy who comes from a shit family and rents a 1 bedroom flat for $300 a fortnight, buys cheap food, takes public transport (government helps with that too) and is still getting fantastic results.

Fact is he's going to graduate and make great money without having a job at all the entire time hes been at University.

Bunch of blue pilled idiots in this thread who think homeless = unemployed

Here in California many homeless people have jobs but cannot afford housing due to an insanely expensive real estate market, an over burdened section 8 program, and generally over crowded housing where it can take anywhere from 8 months to a year to see if you can have the "privilege" of renting some shitty single bedroom studio for $1,200/mo with $3,000 deposit.

Also, many of them get payed under the table since minimum wage laws will not allow these people to get payed a lower wage than the state minimum.

Do not believe liberal lies that these are all just lazy people who don't want to work and therefore illegal immigration and refugees are a good thing for the job market.

Here they are given all means and help to get themselves out of homelessness and guess what?
They fuck up their own shit time and time again.
Some of them end up that way tragically and they are usually the ones greatly driven to get out of that situation but most are not.

So make them at random heights

I've been homeless and

1. Goodluck covering half the city with spikes

2. Put some newspapers on top and sleep tight :)

hard to get drugs or booze in the woods

You aren't allowed to forge your own destiny here any more.
It is illegal to catch the rain.

Have you ever seen them living with a caravan of shopping carts?

That's determination.

Dairy fight club sounds pretty fun tbqh.

>left her alone in my apartment for one hour when I went to work

Where the hell do you work for an hour and come home?

homeless in this country are mostly people who have been kicked out of social accommodation for being shitheads, no sympathy from me.

Why not use the homeless as guinea pigs?

lmao I can't imagine being so destitute and unable to provide for myself that I'd be willing to kill another man for milk and my life is fucking terrible

must be that white privilege stuff

I'm a delivery driver, when there are no deliveries I'm on call. I did one delivery and went home until the next.

You're talking about the western world, not America

people are probably more likely to kill the homeless in rural areas, or throw them in jail

Why not use Mexicans as guinea pigs?

Kek you shouldve done like that one guy and videotape and sell it.

We're at the point where a suicide booth is both economical and humane.

Doesn't seem to be the case in (((OP)))'s pic.

Dug your own grave, there, pal.

I spent a good deal of time homeless myself. I'm technically still homeless a the moment. I can give the full story if required, it's guaranteed rage material.

What I will say though, as cliched it is, is that it really can happen to anyone.

I live where it gets cold in the winter. That makes it pretty difficult on the homeless. If there's any unlocked door which leads to a warm area, you'll end up with homeless people sleeping in there at night.

For this reason, apartment buildings which have lobbies for mail, buzzers and intercoms will lock their outside doors. Maybe spikes look more inhumane than a "DOORS ARE LOCKED BY 9 PM" printout, but homeless do actually freeze to death around in the winter so it's technically the other way around.

People complaining about spikes are just shallow fucks who only care about appearances.

archifag here, and i agree, I wish to be able to change such mentality of "simplcity and smart design", its more like get up and leave uncomfortable design.

New Zealand provides more than plentiful services for the homeless. Literally every 'homeless' person here is severely mentally ill, or just chooses to do so.

Queen street is a prime example. Most of the 'homeless' are fat Maori eating burger king and chainsmoking. Some bring their dogs in an attempt to garner sympathy. And at the end of the day panhandling, they go back to their state houses. Absolute scum, all of them.

We had one guy in our town who everyone knew and loved. Every single morning he'd walk from the homeless shelter into town hunched over a bike, to feed the pigeons. He died last Christmas at the age of 89. It was in every newspaper, and they're talking about making a statue of him.

They don't make homeless people like they used to.

while i was never "homeless" i used to go on multiple week long benders where i slept outside on a regular basis. later in life i found myself working 4 towns away, if i didnt get out before the last bus i was sleeping outside that night.
last i checked free bank accounts are a thing, and sleeping in atms is what i did in the winter if i didnt have enough to keep warm.

Tell us your story m8

>Not in Canada. Our shelters are full and many homeless are turned away. There are a lot of mentally ill homeless people who can't care for themselves and who need to be killed, but the libbies are too sensitive and the conservatives muh intrinsic value of human life.

>Other homeless people are young and not actually homeless. They panhandle but they get welfare and a government paid home. They're mentally fit enough to run this scam but are too lazy to get real work. They're scum and should be gassed to death.

fuhtiffy

>has no home

>still has time to shitpost

Get a job fag

I think that's complete bullshit. Homeless people need help, not to be beaten down even further.

Shelters are generally very dangerous and over capacity, and a lot of homeless people (at least where I live) are severely mentally ill in several regards.

I demand pictures of this Hoboland, Paradise of forgotten neets.

Pretty much this. Unless you're trying to rent in the heart of sydney most students will be paying $300 - $400 a fortnight for rent. Which rent assistance from the government takes care of.

Rest is just food as the University provides you internet and facilities.

Homeless people are homeless by choice in Aus.

>implying anyone is going out into the fucking woods to bust homeless weirdos for catching rainwater to drink

> have jobs but cannot afford housing due to an insanely expensive real estate market

quit trolling i've seen OC California ... there's no homeless people in California

kidding asside holy fuck ... that is a whole new level of disgust

>in atms

An ATM is a machine. What do you mean by this

My state closed most of its mental institutions really fast and put all the people there on the street.

Now we have practical herds of homeless, most of them substantially mentally ill, and the state government is like

>WHERE DID THEY COME FROM WE DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Our state wastes enough money on crap in a year to get those people off the streets, but they just don't want to accept that it's a mental health issue. Or even AN issue.

The BLM does this. Park Rangers do this.

I was outside the Arndale once and got asked for change by a guy with a tattoo on his forehead, no amount of immigration restriction will get that stupid fuck employed.

This. Its a bizarre, but then again: Homeless people can be a huge pain in the ass and its just easier to install small ledges or benches with handrails inbetween.

And uncomfortable design and architecture is a lot simpler to justify than "anti-hobo-spikes"

That's an even better idea.

Take away our narcos and sicarios and use them as test subjects. Don't bother throwing them in jail. They would end up mutilated anyways, mutilate them for science instead.

;_; aw man. I have a soft spot for the rare kind ones.