Is being honest a weak trait?

I hit a car while backing out of a parking lot. I was going at like 1 km/h so it was a minor bumper tap. I inspected the damage on both cars... there was nothing I could see. Took pictures, but they don't show anything really. I decided I would "do the right thing" and I left my name and my number.

I get a call today saying I'll get a quote from a body shop soon regarding some offset panel. Totally possible I missed this.

So what do I gain for being honest? Probably a nasty bill from a dishonest bodyshop. At least, 99% of body shops I've been to overcharge like crazy etc

We're all brainwashed from a young age to be honest and "do the right thing"... but this behavior just benefits others and never benefits you.

Am I retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7YJWLXxO5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lying is a sin

Maybe you should be more careful in the future ya fucking faggot

i once crashed a side mirror and just drove away because it was night and it rained and i was sure noone saw me.
not proud of it but better then paying shit and contacting my insurens company and all this crap.

The point is more that by being honest I am more open to be taken advantage of. Like telling a mechanic you have no idea how a car works. Thats honesty right? But it puts you at a disadvantage

Your version of "do the right thing" is cucked. Ask yourself "would I care if someone bumped my car at 1 km/h?" If the answer is no and you see no damage then drive off with a clear conscience.

>in walmart with daughter
>buy her mommy a birthday card
>throw card into bag by register
>"Daddy look"
>$20 behind cashier on floor
>"is that yours?"
>"not mine"
>pick up
>"daddy can we spend it?"
>"someone might have dropped this "
>Cashier:"my manager is over there, she could give it back to whomever dropped it"
>inner voice tells me to pocket
>but daughter standing right there
>"Ok, lets give it to the manager"
>turn around
>manager looks like aunt jemima
>know damn well she'll spend this shit
>"daddy, I give to her"
>internally kicking self as she hands over bill

Honesty is a vice.

I did the right thing a month ago when I found some dude stealing from our company, asked my boss what I should do.

He got fired last week and ran past me in tears, kinda loling, kinda conflicted. Got mad OT though

The Lord saw what you did, the nigger might have been selfish but you aren't. God bless user

if there was no damage why even bother leaving a note? i always knew you canucks were too polite but damn

There is no god. But your daughter saw what you did. The only way to lose the respect of a child is to oust yourself as a hypocrite.

Lying is a product of postmodern nihilism. Doing the right thing is pretty redpilled except when you cross the cuck line. I think you made the right choice with the car. Telling a mechanic you know nothing about cars though? That's cucked

Like communism, honesty only really works when everybody is honest.

No, and God is proud of you

Honesty is liberalism, and liberalism is weakness.

One time a dollar fell out of my pocket in New Orleans and the hoodest person I'd ever met chased me down to give it back to me.

People can surprise you

>at Subway, just got myself two footlongs
>pull out of parking spot, not looking behind, too busy enjoying my tasty sandwich
>bump into someone's car, inspect the damage; my car is fine but his has a dent
>coincidentally the owner, an employee, came out while I was inspecting it
>rush inside my car and drive off
>wagie yells "HEY GET BACK HERE!" and tries to chase me out of the parking lot
>falls flat on his face
honesty will get you nowhere in life

youtube.com/watch?v=e7YJWLXxO5Q

I think you severely underestimate the amount of work involved in replacing a panel on a car. Usually, even replacing or respraying one panel requires a large portion of the car painted in order to ensure that the paint looks right. IE if you tap a fender or bumper, you're going to probably end up having the hood, fender/quarter panel, bumper and a door resprayed, sometimes even the roof. Not only that but even respraying one panel takes hours of time because of the prep work and the number of coats and time between them. Even if you're only paying to have one panel resprayed it still takes one technician in one booth/bay 4~ hours and you're getting charged accordingly. You might get a discount if they're in a slow season and their bays/booths aren't booked solid or if there is shared labor between jobs on the w/o or different cars.

telling a mechanic that you don't know how a car works helps give them a frame of reference to understand your level of knowledge and your ability to accurately describe the symptoms and problems you need repaired. People who don't know about cars often use/misuse language and describe things differently than someone who has experience and it also helps to know so a technician or service writer can better explain the problems, solutions, cost and value.

You're only getting taken advantage of if you choose not to pursue your due diligence and inquire about or understand the scope of work, the value of their labor and parts, and most importantly the reasoning behind their conclusions.

t, automotive professional.

ps: this is why you have insurance. being honest and doing the right thing can benefit you but you have to be very careful about how you go about doing it. Always cover your ass.

Liberals are the biggest liars of all.
Being a squirrelly liar is weakness. Being honest and having the actions to back up your honesty is based.

Listen op, The truth is being honest and being righteous doesn't pay off because the world is innately against that now and isn't made for honesty or righteousness. You're one of the few left with me that aren't consumed by this cancer of a western society.

The problem is not honesty, the problem is that we live in a fucked up society that demands too much responsibility for too frivolous of issues. One time leaving McDonalds I spilt my drink and drove head on into a power pole. I could have reported that but the cost to repair the whole front end of my car on my own came to only $600. If I went through insurance they would have written off my car and raised my rates to the point that that one little accident would have cost me thousands over a lifetime. Fuck that shit, fuck too small cup holders, and fuck power poles.

Let your insurance deal with it.

The biggest redpill is being a good liar while making yourself seem completely truthful. Every smart person is this way.

It's not about always lying, it's about lying well and picking the right lies

>inb4 jew

>if your honest the mechanic will explains things to you better
>t.wrecnhturner
bwhahahahahahhaahhahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Don't listen to this fag. Wrench on your own shit or find someone who does. All mechanics will take advantage of your stupidity (rightfully so too)
t.wrenchbender

All a man has for himself is his reputation. People who have been a victim of deceitful behavior appreciate honesty and don't want to identify with that which they hate.

Karma kills the jew

>tfw too lazy to think of a lie so I tell the truth instead

I went to a kanye concert and found 20$ on the floor of it, but then when I got back to my car I had a ticket for 20$

Fuck you maryland

You have too choose when to be honest, as often as possible, but you have too look out for yourself as well. You could've been honest and the driver of the car could have appreciated it and rewarded you, it's unlikely but an example. You never know until it's too late

The entire point of the profession is offering a service. It's a mutual exchange where they are compensated for their labor and parts because the other party is unwilling or unable to service it themselves.

Of course we "take advantage" of people, we offer a service for profit. Restaurants "take advantage" of people who don't want to cook their own food. Construction companies "take advantage" of people who don't want to remodel or build their own homes. Automakers "take advantage" of people who don't have the understanding of engineering and massive sets of resources to construct their own cars.

It's the hacks (mechanic friends) that fuck up people's cars or talk out of their asses and difficult scumbag customers who refuse to develop a basic understanding of the things they possess and use every day that give this line of work a bad name.

eat shit.

The truth is harder to swallow and harder to speak than lies. Shying away from the truth is for the weak.

>being honest and doing the right thing can benefit you
How? How does it ever benefit you?

>telling a mechanic that you don't know how a car works helps give them a frame of reference to understand your level of knowledge

A mechanic tried to charge me $200 to replace the cabin and engine filter. It cost me $40 to buy both filters (cabin filter from amazon w shipping), 20 minutes to replace the engine filter (had to d/c MAF) and 5 mins to change out the cabin filter

Finding an honest mechanic is very difficult, most of them take advantage of you

No honesty is a weakness that people can exploit, being weak is giving into the despair of the world and subverting your own values due to it.

Morality is health
Principles are strength

>Of course we "take advantage" of people, we offer a service for profit. Restaurants "take advantage" of people who don't want to cook their own food. Construction companies "take advantage" of people who don't want to remodel or build their own homes. Automakers "take advantage" of people who don't have the understanding of engineering and massive sets of resources to construct their own cars.

No those are mutually beneficial trades. Being taken advantage of has a very clear definition