I heard Christianity is fairly popular in Japan, how true is this?

I heard Christianity is fairly popular in Japan, how true is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori#Tomb_of_Jesus_Christ
lmfgtfy.com/?q=japanese prime minister christian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you have to step on a picture of Jesus before you are allowed to enter the country

bullsh

Nope

reading one pound gospel right now

It doesn't seem like that true OP.

In about the same way norse mythology is popular with us.

Japan doesn't really get christianity but finds parts of it entertaining.

This. It's seen as a unique oddity if anything.

It's trendy in the same way Buddhism is in the west.

Basically, it's liberal douchebags trying to appear cultured.

Stop obsessing over animeland and get a job, nigger. Those pitiful creatures wouldn't cross the street to piss on your fat ass if you were on fire.

yeah definitely heres a picture of somone in japan worshipping the christian god

It's got a small but loyal following. It's especially popular in the southern parts of the country where European influence was the strongest, especially cities like Nagasaki and Hiroshima (Gee, I wonder (((who))) selected them as targets?)

As far as religion, most people are secular with strong traditional ties to Shinto/Buddhism but there's been a recent surge of New Buddhist movements. Look at Soka Gakkai/Komeito for example.

Also, daily reminder that WE WUZ JEZUZ ANDO SHEEEEIIIIITTTTTTO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori#Tomb_of_Jesus_Christ

>When Jesus Christ was 21 years old, he came to Japan and pursued knowledge of divinity for 12 years. He went back to Judea at age 33 and engaged in his mission. However, at that time, people in Judea would not accept Christ's preaching. Instead, they arrested him and tried to crucify him on a cross. His younger brother, Isukiri casually took Christ's place and ended his life on the cross.

>Christ, who escaped the crucifixion, went through the ups and downs of travel, and again came to Japan. He settled right here in what is now called Herai Village, and died at the age of 106.

>On this holy ground, there is dedicated a burial mound on the right to deify Christ, and a grave on the left to deify Isukiri.

>The above description was given in a testament by Jesus Christ

Japan doesn't need false prophets, they already have thousands.

What the fuck is this fanfiction

they find the iconography and celebrations "cool"

That would be South Korea.

Meant for faggot op

I think what I was misunderstanding was

Nahhhh

in 2 years i met just one christian japanese guy there.

he lamented that jesus was in his words "sort of a joke in japan"

I told him it was the same way in the west but that he should keep on believing.

christianity should be encouraged everywhere, its what makes other cultures and people fight on our side.

japs are godless cucks

no japanese like christianity. you're thinking of south korean cucks where like 80% of the country is christian.

That would be false.

They like christian imagery and iconography but they are intelligent enough to understand it's flaws and thus not buy into it. Rather, they continue to practice their own native customs, and in such secure a much more homogeneous society. It suits them much better than middle eastern religion.

However China realizes how easy it is to control a christian people, and thus you see Christianity growing in China for no discernible reason besides that it appeals to serfs and those with a serf mindset. As Nietzsche said, it is a religion based on slave morality.

You're thinking of gooks.

>China isn't trying to fight the growth of christianity
lol

Lower level politicians are, because it must look like they don't like it so they can manipulate them. They will think they beat the system when in fact they just dug their wholes deeper.

There have been 8 Christian Prime Ministers in Japan, despite being 2 percent of the population.

Hideyoshi did nothing wrong

Source?

fucking LIE.. herad where from your ignorant anime friend?

The religion? Not so much, they like the symbols and shit to use in fashion and other media, however.

lmfgtfy.com/?q=japanese prime minister christian

>tfw Christians are the jews of Asia

Yes, the first one was before WW2.

>7th
Gotcha bitch.

Also, google search results aren't proper sources.

Japanese Christians go to Shinto shrine also.
Most of Japanese thinks Shinto is not religion. Shinto is culture. It's a part of life for Japanese.

Christians are Jews.

the atomic bomb was a genocide of christians by jews.

nagasaki had the biggest christian population in japan before the nuke.

Not even relevant

It's tiny minority, It's why Japan is so successful, Christans are the original SJW's.

>It's especially popular in the southern parts of the country where European influence was the strongest, especially cities like Nagasaki and Hiroshima (Gee, I wonder (((who))) selected them as targets?)
This. Americans set back the spread of gospel with decades when they destroyed the capital of japanese christianity.

The nukes redpilled Japanese on Christianity.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima unironically contained the highest amount of Japanese Christians during WW2.

After the nukes, well, you know what happened after the nukes.

True, paganism is not a religion, it's a culture.

No Christian nation ever managed to maintain the stability and isolation that Japan did.

America confirmed as enemy of God.

Japanese exam students pray to the Shinto god of education for college entrance exams every year.

That is why the Shinto god of education is considered one of the most popular gods in Japan.

Jesus is too gay for me
I prefer the Virgin Mary's tits

Hook nose behind post

Damn American blowing the only Christian factions in Jap history

CHRISTIANED.COM

Moldova?

There are no christians in USA, only jews.

Religion in general is seen as something that only fanatics would follow, most people here aren't religious at all but they do visit their shrines and temples out of tradition, then get married western style with the white dress, "priest" etc. All about image tbqh senpai.

I hope so. Imagine the wild interpretations that would result from scriptures bouncing around the Japanese consciousness

seriously?

fucking jews

Who is this semen demon?

This, I was in Japan for 2 weeks for a wedding and they did it in a Catholic Church. Japanese style is extremely expensive I heard.
This was in Yokohama, so much better than Tokyo.