Book Thread

Good evening, friends.

Just put a new bookshelf together and will begin filling her up tomorrow. What are some books you'd argue a fellow ought to acquaint himself with?

Open to all suggestions. Fiction, non-fiction, guide manuals, etcetera. It's all good.

Pic related. A biography worth reading for anybody keen on the themes of exploration, mastery, and will-power.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/timewave666/status/827610611743916033
twitter.com/timewave666/status/828867942951575552
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll bump with a few more titles to get things started. This one is among my two favourite memoirs from the Great War, and by far my favourite German account of either world war.

My other top pick for accounts of the Great War is this guy. I've included a pre-existing review since it does more justice than I could:

>"A fifty-three-year-old Anglican priest and poet when the First World War broke out, Frederick George Scott was an improbable volunteer, but also an invaluable war memoirist about life at the front. Enlisting at the very beginning of the conflict and serving on the Western Front until the Armistice, Scott became the most decorated Canadian chaplain. A High Anglican and staunch British imperialist described by one of his fellow officers as "an old snob of the old school," Scott also defied stereotypes, often rejecting the privileges he was entitled to as an officer and insisting on being at the frontlines with the rank-and-file soldiers, with whom he felt genuine kinship. As a result, he was seriously wounded in the autumn of 1918, near the end of the war. The Great War as I Saw It is an idiosyncratic portrait by a man of strong religious convictions witnessing the horror of modern warfare. In evocative prose shaped by his background as a poet, Scott moves between lighthearted moments and dark tragedy, including his wrenching account of searching for his own son’s body in a ruined battlefield."

Despite its popularity, I found the characterizations weak and the plot too formulaic. To be fair, Mormons always were better at designing firearms than writing teen fiction.

For those looking for something set in the Age of Discovery.

The Terror by Dan Simmons.

On Liberty by JS Mill

i like this one

>that whole cover

fucking hell, it's just.... so much

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli, The Republic By Plato, For Whom the Bell Tolls.

I have almost finished reading the prince. I think he is right. Any democracy eventually becomes an absolute shit show and a benevolent monarchy (cult of personality) IS the best way to go.

Short but essential

this book is p good too

If you've never read this, you're missing out.

twitter.com/timewave666/status/827610611743916033
twitter.com/timewave666/status/828867942951575552

I tried reading that but the plot was way too complicated

Ricardo Duchesne: The Uniqueness of Western Civilization
JP Mallory: In Search of Indo Europeans
John Keegan: A History Of Warfare
Joseph Campbell : The Hero’s Journey
Karen Armstrong : The Great Transformation
Bryan Ward-Perkins: The Fall of Rome: And the End of Civilization

Emmanuel Todd: The Explanation of Ideology
Emmanuel Todd: The Invention of Europe
David Hackett Fischer: Albion‘s Seed: Four British Folkways in America
Daniel Hannan: Inventing Freedom
Alan MacFarlane : Origins of English Individualism
Gregory Clark: A Farewell to Alms

William Tucker: Marriage and Civilization
Nicholas Wade: A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History
Matt Ridley: The Red Queen
Dale Petersen: Demonic Males
Daniel Kahneman: Thinking, Fast and Slow
Peter Turchin: Ultrasociety: How 10,000 Years of War Made Humans the Greatest Cooperators on Earth
Garett Jones: Hive Mind: How Your Nations IQ Matters So Much More Than Your Own
Francis Fukuyama: Trust
Jonathan Haidt: The Righteous Mind
Stephen Hicks : Explaining Postmodernism
Hans Hoppe: Democracy The God That Failed

This.

explains modern 'culture' very well

Kropotkin: The Conquest of bread
The ragged trouser philanthropists
John Dewey - Democracy and Education
Animal Farm

bookzz.org
gen.lib.rus.ec

Moby Dick and then pic related. I've read it a dozen times and really fell in love with it. It's hard because I'm not an academic but I'm pretty sure it's tied into the occult shit that's going on with our elites right now; major themes are gnosticism and science becoming an instrument of evil as it triumphs over religion.

>Blood Meridian
>major themes are gnosticism and science becoming an instrument of evil as it triumphs over religion.

I read this book, and I dont know WTF you're talking about.

Ere.

a fucking freemason.
all freemasons should be burned on a stake

mgs 3 strategy guide is a light read and incredibly informative but only really about msg 3.
that would be my only criticism of the guide its self.

Can anyone recommend a good books same 10/10 rate like witcher lord of the rings hobbit valkadov and the might of the pagans knights Viking Rome greeks on their evil military and cold blood conquests?

It Makes my cock so damn hard reading about this guys thet die for honer and pride

If any Russian Polish englo Nordic user could tell me please go right ahead I love fantasy I love old music and old black and whith movies :)

Pendulum: How Past Generations Shape Our Present and Predict Our Future

great insight and well put into words

Post your fantasy books guys let the narrative change us from good to evil

"To read a narrative and take away from it, but not change from it, is the mark of intelligence" - hitler

Get gold pilled.

>when he is running along with men and shell hits and he wakes up in a pile of body parts. JUST

Any books about trolls kidnaping women's and make them there sex slaves ??

Come on man post fantasy books

wot.jpg

I read that at the age of 11

Berserker manga?